Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/206/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Woo hoo! I did it, I got down to 250 in April! That's 50 lbs. lost in 5.5 months!

I swear this Bragg's apple cider vinegar I am drinking (diluted) twice a day is some miracle potion! I have lost weight every day since starting it a few days ago. I have also been eating fat bombs, so I think those may have helped as well.

Trigger and WickedStitch - hope you both had a good day yesterday. Just stick with it!
WTG Mistizoom!!! That's great!
Wish I had that progress!

Seriously though....what a great accomplishment!

It's baseball season and I am out at the ballparks until 9-10 pm on most nights with games. I can stay away from concessions easily enough, and if I just HAVE to have something I will get a hot dog or brat and toss the bun. It's after the game, usually so late that we grab something quick lately instead of going home to make something. Last night was Steak n Shake. California double steakburger...so delicious. I ate the bun! But seriously, it could have been so much worse than that... so in my world...I am doing pretty alright. I certainly am not having the success like you are, but my general trend on the scale is downward, so I am good with that for now. I've added walking 3-4x a week after being super sedentary for 6+ months.

What's this fat bomb you speak of?

Last edited by WickedStitch; 04-30-2013 at 01:01 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Nanner that expert on low fat cooking will help you for sure on down days. you will definitely have some great meals and not sacrifice too much. that is a grea thing.

yea Wicked. I am sure I have to watch it. When I made sauteed some chicken to day I was going to throw in tons of olive oil and some butter to ramp it up. I backed off to 2 talbespoons of olive oil for a ton of chicken. just a tad to get it sauteeing.
I do gotta watch the down days. my 'throw fat at the meal' days are over on low days
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post

It's baseball season and I am out at the ballparks until 9-10 pm on most nights with games. I can stay away from concessions easily enough, and if I just HAVE to have something I will get a hot dog or brat and toss the bun. It's after the game, usually so late that we grab something quick lately instead of going home to make something. Last night was Steak n Shake. California double steakburger...so delicious. I ate the bun! But seriously, it could have been so much worse than that... so in my world...I am doing pretty alright. I certainly am not having the success like you are, but my general trend on the scale is downward, so I am good with that for now. I've added walking 3-4x a week after being super sedentary for 6+ months.

Fat bombs are mixtures of lots of oils, butter and cocoa or sometimes it's cream cheese and lemon. You pour the mixture in a mini muffin pan and then freeze for a half hour. Then you pop them out and put them in a bag and re-freeze, so you can eat one when you want to.

They are great to tone down appetite and add fat to your day's numbers. I often have one w/my coffee in the am, and am not hungry for hours. Some people find them bingy, but I find them too rich to eat more than one at a time.

Here's the recipe I used. They're easy to make. I added shredded coconut and chopped pecans, which I think really improves it.

lowcarbbetterhealth.blogspot.com/2012/07/fat-bombs.html

I'm going to make the lemony ones soon. Here's that recipe:

Fat Bombs. - lemon alternative.

I love lemon, so soften and blend:

• 4oz cream cheese, softened
• 8Tb coconut oil
• 2Tb sour cream
• 4Tb lemon juice + zest of one lemon

Pour into mini cupcake liners and freeze;
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
Mistizoom, Congrats on reaching your goal for April !!!! I am Happy for you.
I had a pretty good day. I stayed on plan.I got some exercise today. I cleaned my house and deep cleaned a couple of rooms. So, I moved around quite a bit.I plan on mopping the house tomorrow. I have to go slow due to my back problems.I can`t do it all in one day like I used to do. I am thinking of making some cream cheese clouds.They are like the fat bombs.I might do that tomorrow. See you all later.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Mistizoom, Congrats on reaching your goal for April !!!! I am Happy for you.
I had a pretty good day. I stayed on plan.I got some exercise today. I cleaned my house and deep cleaned a couple of rooms. So, I moved around quite a bit.I plan on mopping the house tomorrow. I have to go slow due to my back problems.I can`t do it all in one day like I used to do. I am thinking of making some cream cheese clouds.They are like the fat bombs.I might do that tomorrow. See you all later.
Staying on plan AND getting some exercise is an excellent day, imo, Jaded. Once I get to it, there are few things that make me feel more satisfied than "deep cleaning" a room or two---particularly if that involves cleaning out drawers and getting rid of stuff, which we've accumulated and have held on to for too long, and feeling a whole lot lighter when some of it is gone, everything fresher, brighter, and just LESS. Less can be good.

I too want to make those cream cheese clouds. Haven't tried them yet.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post

Thanks! Sounds like you are very busy with baseball season!

Here's the fat bomb that I've been eating this week:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
sweetener equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar (I used liquid splenda - EZ-Sweetz)
2 tablespoons cream
1/2 cup peanut butter
chopped nuts (optional) - or use chunky peanut butter

Melt butter, coconut oil and chocolate in microwave until melted, 1 - 2 minutes (do not boil). Stir in sweetener, cream and peanut butter until melted. Add nuts if desired. Pour into molds or lined mini-muffin tin (I use a silicone mold made for mini brownies with 24 squares). Makes 20 fat bombs.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

HOORAY! a 2.5 lb. drop. of course that is the bloat from being a bit bad before but I will take anything off the scale and anything that keeps me heading down that scale

my 500 calorie down day turned into 700. at night I jumped on an atkins bar. Oh yea. I got that snack attack feeling. I was lucky I controlled myself.

I see I need to eat later in the day. I need some very low cal. snacks to jump on if needed.

today is UP day. Now I am scared to eat LOL I want it all. I don't want anything to change that 2.5 down So will be careful, choose good foods and enjoy the day but won't go overboard.

JUDDD should be an interesting journey.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #728
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
HOORAY! a 2.5 lb. drop. of course that is the bloat from being a bit bad before but I will take anything off the scale and anything that keeps me heading down that scale

my 500 calorie down day turned into 700. at night I jumped on an atkins bar. Oh yea. I got that snack attack feeling. I was lucky I controlled myself.

I see I need to eat later in the day. I need some very low cal. snacks to jump on if needed.

today is UP day. Now I am scared to eat LOL I want it all. I don't want anything to change that 2.5 down So will be careful, choose good foods and enjoy the day but won't go overboard.

JUDDD should be an interesting journey.
I started out on a mid-day and had a 2.5 lb gain from that after adding in carbs, and I lost it on my first DD also. I had my UD yesterday and ate all of my calories, and I stayed the same on the scale today with no gain from my UD. Anxious to see the scale tomorrow after my DD today!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

OH that sounds promising to me then. I feel like I gained already today LOL
I am 600 calories into my day of 1900.

1300 more??? my gosh

I am stuffed.

Me and you are on opposite days. Today is my UP day. I hope I do well like you and don't move the scale at all for a gain.

I actually can't wait til my down day tomorrow. I say that now, heehee, I am sure that will change later.

I ran to the store for a few things. Yikes. atkins type/low carb shopping is way different than finding low cal. things. mind change again on how to eat. but I think I will be ok

I got some progresso soups and a few WW frozen meals for emergencies.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #730

Quote:
OH that sounds promising to me then. I feel like I gained already today LOL
I am 600 calories into my day of 1900.

1300 more??? my gosh

I am stuffed.

Me and you are on opposite days. Today is my UP day. I hope I do well like you and don't move the scale at all for a gain.

I actually can't wait til my down day tomorrow. I say that now, heehee, I am sure that will change later.

I ran to the store for a few things. Yikes. atkins type/low carb shopping is way different than finding low cal. things. mind change again on how to eat. but I think I will be ok

I got some progresso soups and a few WW frozen meals for emergencies.
The frozen meals are a good idea also. I had my coffee this morning, but I only drank half a cup and switched to water. I figure maybe 80 calories for my "breakfast." So far, don't feel like eating. Daughter will be home in 2 hours, and we're having soup for lunch again and most likely for supper. If I feel like snacking in between, I have the popsicles and the bread with Cheez Whiz or Laughing Cow to have. I think I can do this!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like you got a great plan for your down day meals.

soup for me tomorrow also maybe with 1 frozen meal. should keep my cals. where they need to be.

WE can do this Nanner. As long as the scale treats us nice we should be able to commit onto JUDDD
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the kind words Blue Skies. I LOVE to clean and organize.I wish I could make money doing it.I hope to finish my cleaning today.I remember back in the day(before bad back) I could clean my house from top to bottom in 4 hours.I guess that will never happen again.
The cream cheese clouds I make are on Linda Sue`s website.They are great. You should try them.
Congrats on the 2.5 pound loss, Trigger !!! Good for you !!! JUDDD is working for you.
Nanner, sounds like you are doing well on JUDDD also. Are the up and down days to confuse the body so it will not store fat ??? I don`t know much about how it works.
My day is going well.Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Nanner, sounds like you are doing well on JUDDD also. Are the up and down days to confuse the body so it will not store fat ??? I don`t know much about how it works.
My day is going well.Hope everyone has a great day.
That is one part of the diet. It also activates a gene called the SIRT1 gene, and this is the explanation I got when I asked about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
SIRT1 is a gene found in humans and other mammals that helps to promote survival by protecting cells during times when food (and therefore energy) is scarce. Scientists have discovered similar genes in almost all species, including Sir2 in yeast, worms, and fruit flies.

SIRT1 acts as a "rescue gene," repairing the damage done by free radicals and preventing cells from dying prematurely. The gene also causes mitochondria, the power plants of cells, to produce energy at higher levels that are typically associated with younger cells. As a result, SIRT1 is believed to be a principal regulator of lifespan.

The SIRT1 gene, or "skinny gene," assists with weight loss by inhibiting fat storage and increasing fat metabolism. By causing the body to store fewer fat cells, SIRT1 can also slow the aging process by reducing the risk of age-related diseases and health threats, including heart attack and stroke, diabetes, arthritis, and osteoporosis. These conditions have all been linked to an excess amount of fat cells in the body.

SIRT1 is activated by calorie restriction or by the compound in red wine known as resveratrol. Dr. James Johnson developed the UpDayDownDay Diet™, a method of alternate-day calorie restriction, so that individuals can receive the benefits from "turning on" the SIRT1 gene while losing weight at the same time.

The body's response to calorie restriction is an example of "hormesis," in which a normally dangerous stressor can actually be beneficial in small amounts. Although an animal will die if it starves, moderate calorie restriction can actually increase its chances of survival by raising levels of SIRT1.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You, Nanner !!! I now understand.I think I will try it in a few weeks.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Plus it is a diet about calorie deprevation. if you eat 500 one day, say, 1800 the next, then you are doing 1300 less calories. add those up and the lbs will drop off.

a person might eat 1100-1200 cals. per day on a regular controlled diet to lose.

JUDDD gives a bit of freedom. one day is super low for your 'diet day' and the next is higher to allow you to eat a bit more and have more freedom in choosing meals.

I think I like it. so new that I don't know just yet....heehee
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Today was good w/the eating. Had a fat bomb w/coffee for breakfast, and was not hungry at lunch. Ate just half my salad, and had to kind of force it down. Tonight is Chicken Tortilla soup.

It's weird, now that I'm keeping count of my calories too, I'm finding every couple of days I come in very low, today will probably be about 5-600 calories. JUDDD level. carbs will be at 30. Don't think JUDDD is for me right now, but I have noticed that after these low cal days, I tend to drop. But then I've dropped after treat nights too.

Also, for the first time, I was a bit hungry over last weekend---more the kind of cravings hunger than real hunger. I was on plan, so don't know exactly what caused this, except there were some stressful things going on. But this week I'm back to low appetite, and boy do I like that. All my life I've had an appetite like a fullback. It's so nice to be rid of that, feels like a burden lifted.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

stressful stuff sure does cut down the appetite but when you get thru that and all is more calm, that appetite can come back fast

you are a part time JUDDD'er maybe? LOL
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

I am happy. the same on the scale after my UP day.

I got nervous I gained because late last night I jumped on some treats.

I gotta be careful. My mind said---tomorrow is a low food down day---you better eat now while you can. ut oh. That can get me into trouble thinking like that.

If I had stopped eating really when I was stuffed I might have had a small loss this morning. So those extra treats kept me the same.

today is down day
will be interesting to see what happens again

food today is soup (160 cals) and bit of chicken/broccoli with alfredo sauce (240)
and 100 or so cals left for something else (probably that 100 cal. bag of popcorn at night that Nanner mentioned!)

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL AND LETS ALL GET DOWN THIS STUPID SCALE!!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #739

Quote:
I am happy. the same on the scale after my UP day.

I got nervous I gained because late last night I jumped on some treats.

I gotta be careful. My mind said---tomorrow is a low food down day---you better eat now while you can. ut oh. That can get me into trouble thinking like that.

If I had stopped eating really when I was stuffed I might have had a small loss this morning. So those extra treats kept me the same.

today is down day
will be interesting to see what happens again

food today is soup (160 cals) and bit of chicken/broccoli with alfredo sauce (240)
and 100 or so cals left for something else (probably that 100 cal. bag of popcorn at night that Nanner mentioned!)

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL AND LETS ALL GET DOWN THIS STUPID SCALE!!
That's great Trigger! You didn't even experience a gain from adding carbs back in!

This is how it's gone for me:

Sunday - 237 - started JUDDD with a mid-day (first time eating carby foods for 6 weeks)
Monday - 239.5 - down day
Tuesday - 237 - up day
Wednesday - 237 - down day
Thursday - 235.5 - up day today

I'm pretty happy with those results so far - didn't expect it to start working so quickly after adding carbs back into my diet. Hopefully, after my next down day, I'll be back to my lowest weight before I started bouncing all over the place on LC, and I can start my downward progress again.

Have a great down day, Trigger!!

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

WOW Nanner, seeing it in writing shows it is working. and fast !!

CONGRATS

ya know when I ate some carbs I was freaking out thinking for sure no way I wasn't going to gain. I am a bit shocked thinking this might work very well for me
I think me and you can keep ourselves on track trying JUDDD.

have a good UP day!

HERE IS TO DOWNWARD PROGRESS FOR ALL OF US! Yippee!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

hey Adou, where are ya?

Is all OK? been thinking about ya since I jumped on JUDDD

and KIM---where are ya?

guys pop in and chat a bit and let us know all is good !!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/206/180
Start Date: Restart March 2013
BlueSkies:

Thanks for this!!! It sounds yummy. I can definitely see where it could become a binge item. I also see it as a nice little snack item when I get nabbed by the sweet tooth tiger or it's TOM. I have heard of the cream cheese clouds before.

Mistizoom:

Thanks for your recipe on the fat bombs. Something new for me to try out! Baseball season is crazy around here and it will last a good portion of the summer as well. The past few years were far more hectic than this one; daughter played softball and son played baseball at high school level and both played competively as well. This year it's just the boy, since daughter is away at college.

All the JUDDD'ers:

Keep up the good work. It sounds like far too much work for me at this time! I do like reading about how you guys are doing though!

This week we dined out far too often and therefore my carbs were higher than they should have been. Getting a reign on it now and am eating super cleanly again with proper carb numbers! Yaay. It's Derby weekend here in KY and it's getting crazy around here. Thankfully, we don't take part in any of the festivities. It's just never appealed to us. I guess it comes from neither of us being from here. It is also my son's 17th birthday, he's a Cinco de Mayo baby! So we are usually busy celebrating him rather than the Derby!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Boy am I crabby today Work stress. I want to throw my head into a big bowl of Thai Orange chicken on sticky white rice and lick it clean. But I won't.

Celery, bluecheese dip, and a hard boiled egg for lunch.

Dinner w/my brother tonight, saving my carbs for that but hoping I'll not jump off the deep end and into a bowl of something naughty.

Hope y'all have good days on your woes.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

hang in there Blue. work sure can suck big time. I know

no diving into food bowls tho HAHA
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Down .8

will take it. anything down is good

today is UP day eating on JUDDD.

breakfast out with hubby. cheese/bacon omlette and HASH BROWNS. never would eat those but on UP day I can have some. we shall see what it does to me will skip the buttermilk biscuit. gotta have some control on heavy carbs.

lunch light with tuna and salad

dinner tonight is shrimp and veggies on the grill, with delish garlic/mozz crispy bread

snack or 2 thrown in but I will not go overboard.

EVERYONE DO GOOD TODAY!!! WE GOTTA STAY THE COURSE TO OUR WAY OF EATING AND WORK IT AND LOSE THOSE STUPID LBS.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #746

Good job, Trigger - that's almost 3.5 lb lost so far? I went up a pound after my up day. Had cream cheese chicken enchiladas last night for dinner, and they were very good. Almost went for a late night enchilada but put it away again. Looking forward to my down day today.

I hear you about work stress - having some right now and procrastinating horribly. Have to get my work done today!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger - good news on the weight drop. Boy, the up days sure sound fun. Garlic bread...

Nanner - Yep, procrastinating would be me too right now.

Well, today I'm not crabby because of work, I'm crabby because it SNOWED HERE LAST NIGHT, 2 inches on the ground. Really? On May 3? It snowed and or rained all through the month of April. Worst spring EVAH!

Happy to report I did no bowl diving last night. In fact, the restaurant I met my brother at just happened to offer the perfect carb meal. Paprika Sea Bass w/asian slaw and cauliflower mashed potatoes This is the first time I've ever seen Cauly mashed on a menu. It was all delishmo, and I stayed on plan.

Today I'm going to pick up some more Miralex. Did you guys ever suffer from constipation when you were on the Low Carb woe? I have, continuously. And I drink tons of water. Miralex usually works for me, very gentle, not a laxative. I think I may have to stock up and use it every day, which is safe with this product.

Anywho, happy eating to those who are upping today, and happy not eating to those who are downing, and for we L. carvers, happy gram cts to all.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Trigger - good news on the weight drop. Boy, the up days sure sound fun. Garlic bread...

Nanner - Yep, procrastinating would be me too right now.

Well, today I'm not crabby because of work, I'm crabby because it SNOWED HERE LAST NIGHT, 2 inches on the ground. Really? On May 3? It snowed and or rained all through the month of April. Worst spring EVAH!

Happy to report I did no bowl diving last night. In fact, the restaurant I met my brother at just happened to offer the perfect carb meal. Paprika Sea Bass w/asian slaw and cauliflower mashed potatoes This is the first time I've ever seen Cauly mashed on a menu. It was all delishmo, and I stayed on plan.

Today I'm going to pick up some more Miralex. Did you guys ever suffer from constipation when you were on the Low Carb woe? I have, continuously. And I drink tons of water. Miralex usually works for me, very gentle, not a laxative. I think I may have to stock up and use it every day, which is safe with this product.

Anywho, happy eating to those who are upping today, and happy not eating to those who are downing, and for we L. carvers, happy gram cts to all.
Wow - that's great that a restaurant had cauli mashed potatoes! I wish more would do that. Would be a great option at Red Lobster with all of the seafood and cauli mashed - mmm!!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Mine is going well.I am happy to report I weighed this morning and I was down 2 pounds. Not much, but I will take it. See you all later.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---2 lbs is FAB!!! CONGRATS!

Blue I am skipping that bread tonight. I ate a heavy breakfast. worst was the hash browns were those fake patty ones. not real taters. disappointed. ate them, then regretted it. I ALSO ate 1/4 of a monster biscuit. ditched the rest.
I drank 3 glasses of lemon water with breakfast.

BUT I got on the scale. Up 4 1/2 lbs.

UT OH and we all know how heavy carb meals treat ya. they linger with you.

So I am revising. hamburger patty with broccoli/cauli tonight. no bread

HAPPY DOWN DAY NANNER! Tomorrow will be a fun day for ya like mine is today, but be careful. I almost am getting carried away. time to rein in this day big time.
Closed Thread