Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Thank`s for the welcome !!! I am glad to find others like myself. I just can not do a woe that is so strict anymore. I fail and then feel guilty,then obsess,then fail again.You all know the way it makes you feel.
Mistizoom, I drink atkins shakes myself. They are not junk food,they are good for you. I like them for breakfast sometimes.
Blue Skies, I too feel deprived when I do atkins.It is just too strict and makes me obsess over food. Then I fail.
I did very well today on my plan. Hope tommorrow goes well. Good luck,everyone.

Last edited by Jaded62; 04-22-2013 at 09:55 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Jaded - glad to hear we think alike on Atkins shakes! They work for me!

Back down to 254 today. Really wanted to reach 250 this month but that would be a stretch at this point. My dad was visiting this weekend and we ate out quite a few times. Going to do my best this week.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
FINALLY! A scale drop of 1.5 lb - I'm claiming it! Another 1.5 to hit the 20 lb mark, hopefully this week. I, too, hoped to hit 230 by the end of the month but don't see it happening, but I did reach my 235 goal, so I'm happy.

Welcome to the new members. Love doing LC my way. I'm even having coffee every morning with Coffeemate and *gasp* sugar and still losing. I only drink half of what I used to drink and pour the rest out. The only other "carby" thing I allow myself is LC bread and buns by Sara Lee, which I adore, but only occasionally.

Have a great LC day, everyone!

BTW - love the movie White Christmas!

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone has a great day.I am doing well today,so far.I made some tuna salad.I am going to wash and prep salad stuff in a few.I am going to try and start walking again today. I have a VERY BAD back and can`t do any exercise, but walking.I am going to start off with 20 minutes. (don`t laugh) and work my way up as time goes by. See you later.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Nanner--I did not know Sara Lee had low carb product?

Is that in the regular old grocery store? I have to look now
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Congrats, Nanner! Love that whoosh! Going to Target today to get the Sara Lee 7 gram a slice bread that you recommended to me on another thread. That will be perfect, maybe once a week, one slice buttered and toasted will go on my treat list. But sadly, no one around here carries the 8 carb hamburger buns, and no option to buy on line. I can request it from any of the three grocery stores I shop at, but haven't had too much luck with that with other requests---they sure value their shelf space and are pretty reluctant
to give any of it up a random request. I just wish marketers and grocers would get hip to how many low carbers are out there these days. Geesh, the isles of the grocery store are plastered with Lo-fat stickers, everywhere!

Trigger---The name of the Sara Lee bread is 45 calories and delightful, 7 grams of net carbs a slice, and my Target carries it, or says it does on line, we'll see when I get there.
today. There's also a hamburger bun for 8 grams in the same line, but as I said, no one carries it here.

Big laugh on the chocolate bunny thing, poor little thing didn't know how fast its death was going to be, HA! Do you like dark chocolate? If the answer is not as much, that might be a good thing. I like a square or two, which is just 2 grams. I get Trader Joes Simply Lite bar with almonds. It's yummy and takes a long time to melt in your mouth, which is a good thing. One to two squares totally satisfies me, but chocolate is not my danger zone.

Jaded 62, sounds like you're on a good track for yourself. I'm hear to tell you, with patience you CAN lose weight with a moderate Low carb diet. Might take a bit longer than if you were adhering strictly to Atkins, but at least the journey is imo, a lot more pleasant and doable.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #637
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Too bad about the Sara Lee buns! I hear you on getting items requested at the grocery store. I used to buy the chocolate Reddi Wip and use it on a LC one-bowl brownie that I make that is sooooo good, but it isn't the same without my chocolate Reddi Wip, and now they don't carry it anywhere near where I live. When the grocery store tries to order it, the distributor tells them it is not available. The company still makes it and I've written them, but they can't offer me any solutions. Makes me mad. I've figured out another way to top it with organic coconut milk mixed with unsweetened cocoa and vanilla, but it's more carbs than I would like, and the Reddi Wip hardly had any carbs. I still make my brownie but not as often as I would like it - could eat it every day, it's so good! The Sara Lee bread and buns are very good for an occasional treat, and I'm still losing when eating them. I like chicken salad on the bread and Ball Park burgers on the buns (until I can get my grill going if spring ever gets here!)
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I would like to be a part of this thread too!!!! I try to follow the LC HF woe. I will usually track 2-4 times a week. I did ww for years and just don't think that I want to be that rigid with a diet again, which is probably why I can't seem to follow Atkins to a tee. My weakness is weekends and beer - but I am working on it. I just read somewhere that beer is like liquid bread (maybe that will make it click and stick).
I also hang out on the main lobby. I love to read what others are eating and experiencing.

Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

thanks blue skies. I will be off to check into that bread.
trader joes? that is a store right? I don't have that around me.
I have whole foods, maybe they would have good chocolate choices for me.

yea that bunny died very fast and YUM

Cool whip has a chocolate flavor. I get it only one store. I kinda got burned out on it but it beats the regular one. Not a fan of things like cool whip cause of the ingredient list but I gotta say, every now and then ya gotta have some junk :0 not alot, but a little
Old 04-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

HI Rotay
join in and chat away

beer for me. I do well on it and CAN LOSE on it IF I eat very very specific when I drink.

absolutely no heavy foods. the beer is the heaviest food I will have for the day.
the rest is tuna, salad, some veg without alot of butter etc. maybe a chicken leg etc.

if you really really watch the food intake for the day, make the absolute best choices a person can eat, then you really can drink beer and not go overboard at all. (I know this one , I like my few beers every now and then. not a weekly for me but I have my molments)
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Checking back in to say I did very well today.Stayed on plan.I didn`t get to start my walking today.I will tomorrow.I wasn`t hungry today and kept it lite.I forgot how good a salad can be IF you are not very hungry.I had a salad for dinner.IF I get hungry later, I will have a small snack or a lc shake. See you all tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #642
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rocket Queen
Hello all, Im brand new here and so happy to have found this thread!! Ive been lurking around the Atkins forum for a few days and that is not the place for me. I wanted to post there but I have seen others post things similar to what I think and they get attacked. Not my idea of support at all.

Im looking forward to reading all the threads here!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I would like to be a part of this thread too!!!! I try to follow the LC HF woe. I will usually track 2-4 times a week. I did ww for years and just don't think that I want to be that rigid with a diet again, which is probably why I can't seem to follow Atkins to a tee. My weakness is weekends and beer - but I am working on it. I just read somewhere that beer is like liquid bread (maybe that will make it click and stick).
I also hang out on the main lobby. I love to read what others are eating and experiencing.

Have a great day!
Welcome rotay60! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Queen View Post
Hello all, Im brand new here and so happy to have found this thread!! Ive been lurking around the Atkins forum for a few days and that is not the place for me. I wanted to post there but I have seen others post things similar to what I think and they get attacked. Not my idea of support at all.

Im looking forward to reading all the threads here!
Welcome to LCF Rocket Queen! Feel free to post away here!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
B-quest bar
L-ribs & salad @chilis for admin. asst day
D-smoked sausage slices and coleslaw
Sn- had a few almonds today
Old 04-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

I think I did ok today considering my day at work was atypcial (I was in and out of the office several times) and also very busy.

B - Atkins Advantage shake
L - smallish salad with a bit of lettuce, chicken, chopped eggs, olives, parmesean cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, pepper, carrots, blue cheese dressing, small amount of cottage cheese, diet cherry coke
S - Atkins daybreak shake
D - few ounces smoked sausage, veggie stir-fry made with miracle rice (my first attempt with it, it came out pretty well!)
Dessert - a few Nevada Manna chocolate chips, 2 squares Lucienne's LC mint chocolate, spoonful of almond butter
S - probably will have my usual Arizona diet Arnold Palmer (2 g carb)

Last edited by Mistizoom; 04-23-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Checking back in to say I did very well today.Stayed on plan.I didn`t get to start my walking today.I will tomorrow.I wasn`t hungry today and kept it lite.I forgot how good a salad can be IF you are not very hungry.I had a salad for dinner.IF I get hungry later, I will have a small snack or a lc shake. See you all tomorrow.
I had salad for lunch and thought I was hungry but I got full about halfway through so I stopped eating it. I had lots of high fat things in it so it was tasty and filling. I did have a shake later in the afternoon because I did get hungry later...
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

I think I have PMS this week. Here is the entire contents of my netrition cart, and I am actually very tempted to hit the order button tonight!

266-0043 Healthsmart Chocolite Peanut Butter Cup Patties 16 packages $16.99 $16.99
266-0080 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Dark Chocolate Almond 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
266-0082 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Milk Chocolate 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
266-0081 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
401-0008 Low Carb Specialties ChocoPerfection Bars, Variety Pack 1 pack $16.99 $16.99
764-0004 Lucienne's Sugar Free 83% Dark Chocolate Bar 1 bar $3.39 $3.39
Total $55.34
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
I think I have PMS this week. Here is the entire contents of my netrition cart, and I am actually very tempted to hit the order button tonight!

266-0043 Healthsmart Chocolite Peanut Butter Cup Patties 16 packages $16.99 $16.99
266-0080 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Dark Chocolate Almond 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
266-0082 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Milk Chocolate 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
266-0081 Healthsmart ChocoRite Solid Chocolate Bars, Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter 5 bars $5.99 $5.99
401-0008 Low Carb Specialties ChocoPerfection Bars, Variety Pack 1 pack $16.99 $16.99
764-0004 Lucienne's Sugar Free 83% Dark Chocolate Bar 1 bar $3.39 $3.39
Total $55.34
Hey Misti, may I presume you have a sweet tooth?

I've never had a sweet tooth, bread is my undoing. But curiously I do have a bit of one since I went back on a LC woe. Nothing huge or terrible, but more of a yen for something sweet then I'm used to. Perhaps is because my body's not getting the wheel barrow of carbs to turn into glucose that it used to get. In fact, it's barely getting a handful these days and wondering what the heck happened.

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I love their Simply lite dark chocolate with almond bars. About a gram a square, put it on your tongue and it takes a pleasantly longer time to melt. I LOVE dark chocolate, probably because it isn't as sweet. My itch is totally satisfied with a square or two.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hey Misti, may I presume you have a sweet tooth?

I've never had a sweet tooth, bread is my undoing. But curiously I do have a bit of one since I went back on a LC woe. Nothing huge or terrible, but more of a yen for something sweet then I'm used to. Perhaps is because my body's not getting the wheel barrow of carbs to turn into glucose that it used to get. In fact, it's barely getting a handful these days and wondering what the heck happened.

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I love their Simply lite dark chocolate with almond bars. About a gram a square, put it on your tongue and it takes a pleasantly longer time to melt. I LOVE dark chocolate, probably because it isn't as sweet. My itch is totally satisfied with a square or two.
Definitely have a sweet tooth though I loved all carbs! That is the main reason I can't do primal/paleo right now. I need my artifical sweeteners to get through this weight loss, and since I can't eat natural sugars or fruits I am sticking with good ol' low carb, high fat.

I love Trader Joe's but the nearest one is two hours away. We do have a couple good local natural foods stores in town but they are more like Whole Foods rather than Trader Joe's.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
mmmmm Dark Chocolate We have a Trader Joes that I have yet to venture into. I might just have to take a peek in there this weekend to find some of this!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I could not eat just a piece, so none of that in my house.
I am not a chocoholic fortunately so I don't miss it much.
That said, if in the house I'd eat it all.
Same way with nuts, except I really like them.
I try the packs of individually wrapped servings, and end up just opening a lot of packages.
Duh!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

HIT THE BUTTON MISTI !!

HIT THE BUTTON!

198.5 for me this morning.

definitely getting away from the 2s.

bad news is nothing is fitting. in my closet I have some 10-12. they fit but are super tight. I don't seem to have any 14s in capris or shorts.

I guess when I lost weight before somehow the summer was misssed with the size 14
I have jeans which is ok but I need capris and shorts.

desperately holding off on going shopping. I leave May 27 for my trip. why buy clothes right now when I know in 3 weeks my body will change??? UGH HOLDING OFF is killing me right now

Bella--nuts are deadly for me also. I eat 6, 12, then the whole bag
Old 04-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

bad news is nothing is fitting. in my closet I have some 10-12. they fit but are super tight. I don't seem to have any 14s in capris or shorts.

I guess when I lost weight before somehow the summer was misssed with the size 14

desperately holding off on going shopping. I leave May 27 for my trip. why buy clothes right now when I know in 3 weeks my body will change??? UGH HOLDING OFF is killing me right now

Yep, nuts I would consume my weight in...so none in the house. I do spit sunflower seeds at my son's baseball games. They are a lot of work, not consuming much. I find I do well in terms of behaving myself when it's dark chocolate.

If you need just a couple pairs to tide you over until your big shopping spree, why don't you check out Goodwill or another second hand shop for some size 14 capris or shorts. Heck for a few $/pair you could afford to cut down pants into the lengths you want if you sew and could do a quick hem.

Congrats on getting out of the 2's!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

thanks wicked

you are so right. I just didn't think about my goodwills around here and there are a few within easy driving distances.

absolutely will hit one tomorrow. I just need a tide over. I want to kinda just 'skip' the 14 and get into those 10-12s I have in the closet.

COOL!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your weightloss,Trigger !!!!! I can not wait to get out of the terrible 2`s. I find shopping at thrift stores for clothes is a great idea. I found my DH a suit,still in style and only $10 dollars not long ago. It was a brand name.
I am doing well so far,today. I am going to start walking today.Hope I can do 20 minutes.
Do any of you folks have a good recipe for pork chops?? LC of course. If you do, Thank`s.
Well,I need to get busy. See you later.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I could not eat just a piece, so none of that in my house.
I am not a chocoholic fortunately so I don't miss it much.
That said, if in the house I'd eat it all.
Same way with nuts, except I really like them.
I try the packs of individually wrapped servings, and end up just opening a lot of packages.
Duh!
I do the individually wrapped packs of nuts at work, though they have gone from an "emergency" food to having one a day. I may need to cut them out as I seem to be bouncing between 254-255 for a while now. At home somehow I manage to keep control and not over eat the larger packages.

Quote:
HIT THE BUTTON MISTI !!

HIT THE BUTTON!

I didn't hit the button. Really it is better for DH than me. I ordered a 5 pack of the HealthSmart Chocorite chocolate peanut butter bars last time and I ate 1 and he ate 4! They shoud definitely be a once in a while treat.

Way to go on getting down to 198.5! You are definitely out of the 2's now!! I would agree to hold off on shopping until closer to your trip if you can! But if your pants are falling off do get something!

Quote:
Congrats on your weightloss,Trigger !!!!! I can not wait to get out of the terrible 2`s. I find shopping at thrift stores for clothes is a great idea. I found my DH a suit,still in style and only $10 dollars not long ago. It was a brand name.
I am doing well so far,today. I am going to start walking today.Hope I can do 20 minutes.
Do any of you folks have a good recipe for pork chops?? LC of course. If you do, Thank`s.
Did you get your walk in? You are inspiring me to start walking. I have a doctor visit in less than a month and I know she'll be happy with the weight loss but she'd be happier if I report I've been exercising too.

I used to have a great high carb pork chop recipe involving real maple syrup and pecans. I wonder if it would taste good with sugar-free syrup? Mostly I either sprinkle with lemon pepper and pan fry (boring) or pound out boneless pork chops fairy thin, season them with "meatloaf & sausage" seasoning (salt, pepper, sage, a few other spices), dip in egg wash, dip in almond flour, and pan fry. They taste pretty good, you just have to be careful when you flip them over that the coating doesn't fall off.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
thanks wicked

you are so right. I just didn't think about my goodwills around here and there are a few within easy driving distances.

absolutely will hit one tomorrow. I just need a tide over. I want to kinda just 'skip' the 14 and get into those 10-12s I have in the closet.

COOL!!!!
That's what I plan on doing, seeing as I don't plan on being in this next size very long. No sense in spending a lot of money IMO. Then again I am cheap

Quote:
I just started back into walking last week after a VERY long period of as little movement as possible. I am happy to say that it's going well. Congrats on hopping on board!

I used this for a pork loin roast, I am sure it would be just as good on chops.

1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried rosemary (whole)
2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well. Pat dry roast or in your case chops with a paper towel. Apply ingredients to all surfaces of the pork. For roast I cook 20 min/# @ 350* internal temp of 165.

It's actually for dinner tonight! With "better than potatoes" cheesy cauliflower puree and garlicky brussels sprouts pan fried in butter

Last edited by WickedStitch; 04-24-2013 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: add info
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

I love love love brussel sprouts. been eating them more and more.

garlic buttery anything is great

I am walking also. I do about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs per day. long road with hills. take the dog and don't look back. getting hotter out tho, might have to cut that walk down a bit. I tell ya I melt and my little dog is having trouble keeping up
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for the recipes.I decided to braise them in butter,then I made a LC sauce and poured over them . They were great and low carb. My DH loved them. They were spicy and he loves anything with lots of spice.
I am HAPPY to say I did walk today. My goodness, I am out of shape !!! I managed to get 20 minutes in.I will confess, I had to stop for 2 minutes after 10 to get the numbness to go away from my legs.My back problems cause this.I guess 20 minutes is better then none. I will get back up to 2 hours per day,I hope.
I am glad to say I stayed on plan and I am in ketosis. I tested and it was purple.I am drinking a gallon of water per day and some iced tea.So, i know I am not dehydrated.
Hope everyone had a great day.Hello to all the new folks. Looking forward to reading everyones post.See you all later.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded what kind of back problems?
My hubby is going thru this right now. He fell off a few horses in his day, fell out of a deer stand fracturing his back and has a heavy duty job with 12 hrs a day on his feet.

lately he is going downhill. MRI showed 3 bulging disc. not herniated yet so he is trying a chiropractor at this point to help him relieve pain. he has the lower back, leg problems also. sleeping is rough for him.

so I feel for you about back problems. they are miserable. right now all we can do is try to get the pain handled and get more relief. surgery? not sure at this point.
Closed Thread