Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Modifying today's food:

Today (Friday)
B - Atkins Advantage shake
S - 1 lemon fat bomb
L - Jimmy John's #16 unwich (turkey bacon club lettuce wrap), 3/4ths of a large pickle, diet coke
S - 1 sugar-free butterscotch candy, Atkins Advantage shake
D - labm patties and roasted cauliflower (unless the cauliflower has gone bad, then some other veggie)
S - Arizona diet Arnold Palmer (2 g carb)

I brought the Jimmy John's to DS's school and ate lunch with him because he asked me to. I got him Jimmy John's too, it was a bit healthier than what they were serving - french toast sticks with "maple syrup", Trix yogurt, milk (many had chocolate or strawberry), fried cubed potatoes, fruit cup, and apple juice!!! Everything was full of carbs! The alternate main was fish sandwich, so a little better I suppose but most kids had the french toast sticks. Now I feel guilty letting DS eat school lunch most days.

Interesting experience eating lunch with a bunch of 3rd and 4th graders. There was a girl across from us who didn't eat any of her lunch at all. I asked her if she was ok and she said yes. I told one of the paraeducators as well. The girl seemed a bit sad. I hope she's ok.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Holy crap! Hopped on the scale this am and it read 198.2! Needless to say I was shocked! Now I need a few repeat days of this. Yahoo!!!
Thats absolutely fantastic!! keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

best thing for me---I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.
yup---not one darn thing to get in my way or derail me

I will be joining you very soon!
You are almost there Trigger, come on you can do it!! Thats my major problem, every couple of weeks i have something lined up and it just throws me its like i know i have to go out for someone bday so i think why bother and that is soooooooooooo wrong need to get my head into gear

Quote:
I can't seem to find my good pattern again.
Another problem with me is i never had a good pattern. I saw a thread on here the other day about how often you cheat and people were writing 3 or 4 times in the space of a couple of years and ive sat here thinking ive done that and more in the last 4 months. What is wrong with me?

----------

Welcome all newbies! Ive not been posting much as been off plan. I was going to switch to a different diet as my mind was totally not with it but then when i ate off plan, normally like with carbs i felt horrible. my body felt disgusting, it wasnt happy. So i knew i had to come back to low carbing. I know i will want things that i cant have and probably give up and have them sometimes but i also know ultimately my body is more happy on lcing and i cant go back to eating high carbs everyday anymore. My mind and body just wont let me. So i may struggle to be 100% clean 100% of the time but i rather keep on plodding and being clean 99% and hopefully the weight will keep coming off slowly. Trying not to get obsessed by the scales as that really wasnt helping me either.

Hi Mistizoom you seem to be doing really well with your weight loss. Hopefully some of your motivation can rub off onto me. x

Last edited by focus83; 04-19-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Welcome all newbies! Ive not been posting much as been off plan. I was going to switch to a different diet as my mind was totally not with it but then when i ate off plan, normally like with carbs i felt horrible. my body felt disgusting, it wasnt happy. So i knew i had to come back to low carbing. I know i will want things that i cant have and probably give up and have them sometimes but i also know ultimately my body is more happy on lcing and i cant go back to eating high carbs everyday anymore. My mind and body just wont let me. So i may struggle to be 100% clean 100% of the time but i rather keep on plodding and being clean 99% and hopefully the weight will keep coming off slowly. Trying not to get obsessed by the scales as that really wasnt helping me either.

Hi Mistizoom you seem to be doing really well with your weight loss. Hopefully some of your motivation can rub off onto me. x
Need to add one more thing to my food diary for today - about 10 Lay's BLT potato chips! But I stopped myself and didn't eat the majority of the bag like I would have not too long ago. I am not eating perfectly myself, but it really is a mental thing. If you strive for 100% and are disappointed when you don't make it, and that leads to further off-plan eating, then you are being too hard on yourself. Striving for 99% is fine - but even then don't beat yourself up if you don't reach that. Just start again with the next thing you put in your mouth. I have finally realized this way of eating is best for my health (I have PCOS and insulin resistance), so I think of it as a long term WOE, something I plan to do the rest of my life, regardless of what I weigh. So if I slip up a little one day I don't beat myself up - I have the rest of my life to eat the way I know I should be eating.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
nothing is wrong with you

it is a learning journey for everyone.

if you are the type that can ''literally'' stick to a written plan in a book, then it might be different about your swaying on this plan.

me, nah. I am going to sway. I am going to have to find my way thru all this mess.
I can't follow a ''eat this today only. eat this tomorrow only'' type person.

I think us who have to do it our own way and find our good path is either a bit tougher or a bit easier. some slide into that path fast. others have to work, tweak, chat it out, get more control and responsibility in ourselves etc. to make our low carb way really work.

but remember, we really can't give ourselves TOO MANY excuses. or we won't succeed. at some point we do need to commit strongly and actually stay the course on our choices.

keep at it. I am. best I can do best any of us can do and hope we all find what suits us best.

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-19-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Well after too much snacking yesterday (I had a couple other LC things not on the food list I posted) I am back up a pound today. Wii Fit says I am exactly the same as a week ago. Better than gaining I guess! My dad will be visiting the next couple of days, so I know we will be eating out a couple of times. Will do my best to make good choices.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that is key---best choices. no gain is very important. don't be allowing that to happen......cause I did

203 this morning.

ticked at myself.

I am back on induction foods. I am not having anything I haven't had in induction before.

I am 'nibbling' my way right out of this situation and losing a bit more control every day.

I am stopping that now before it is too late. I know me I know what I can do. I have to be smart and start fresh and eat very low carb and no extras.

lunch tuna with mayo and 2 cheese crisps

snack chicken leg

dinner is steak and broccoli/cauli in garlic butter

if needed I made a sugar free jello for tonight to keep me off everything else in the house lol

let ya'll know what happens with my restart
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #607
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
... I think of it as a long term WOE, something I plan to do the rest of my life, regardless of what I weigh. So if I slip up a little one day I don't beat myself up - I have the rest of my life to eat the way I know I should be eating.
I like this and need to live by it myself. I've done really well for the last 2 weeks and haven't slipped up at all - finally back down to my posted weight after going up and down for the past 2 weeks. If I could just lose 3 more lb, I'd be down 20, so I'm trying so hard to stick to the plan! I will succeed - just got a new batch of wings and jalapenos for poppers, so I'm good for the next week or so - that along with those meatballs I've been making make for a great diet! I've still got well over 1/2 a pan of LC brownies left. They are so good! I do not want to overdo it, though, on them so make myself only have one tiny brownie once a day - wonder how long they'll stay good?

Hope everyone has a great day and let's shoot for our goals this weekend!

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger - sounds like a good plan, carb creep seems to get a lot of people and doing strict induction should help.

Nanner - can you freeze the brownies, maybe individually wrapped? That way they would be there when you want them but you won't feel like you have to eat them before they go bad. Though I did have some LC cupcakes on the counter (in a ziploc bag) for week before and they were still good.

My dad should be arriving within a half an hour. I think we will go to the BBQ place we like for supper. Fairly easy to stick to LC there as long as I avoid the sauces.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YUM---BBQ places. I love the smokey taste of meats. enjoy that meal!!!

for me---I dropped 2 lbs of bloat. so 201 this morning. didn't put one thing in my mouth I wasn't supposed to and stayed right on plan.

today is eating light and on induction foods again.

last night cooking for everyone else I didn't test anything, lick a spoon, grab a crumble or anything. but I caught myself wanting to

ok everyone. lets keep rocking down the scale. we can achieve all this!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
Good Sunday Morning everyone,
It's just better for me to post on a Sunday morning, my life is so busy the rest of the week, I do read all the comment and I live your lifes along with you.
Tigger I'm routing for your 199lbs I know you can do it soon...
Nanner, I'm also routing for that 20lb loss, you can do this..I know..
Mistizoom, have fun with your Dad, I know you can do both, stay on your plan but remember that if there is a fall off one day you can get back on the next, we are all here for you.
Docus, I'm like you much better on a Lower carb way of life, sugar is not my friend...but it's everywhere in the foods around us, it's so much a part of everyone life..as we face this everyday, I have to remind myself even at my age that it's ok to make a fall, just have to pick myself up..and taking a short detour is ok..
I'm still at 155 even though I had three sausages yesterday and have a big bloat on, I'm sure if I had one of those really great person scales it would show a percentage increase in my weight just from the bloat..drinking my lemon water today..
Keep your post coming girls, even when I don't post I read, and it keeps me focus on my own goals and I think of you all and send out the positive vibes..I hope you all feel them.
Enjoy your Sunday and your week..Joy
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #611

UGH - I just keep fluctuating, and it's driving me nuts. No real loss for the past 2 weeks. Up to 237.5 today. Gonna stick to it for another week and, if no loss by then, I'm going to have to shake things up a bit. I feel confident, though, that something will happen. Get to go to a volleyball game for my 16-year-old daughter today - kind of excited about that - have not seen her play since the fall.

Have a great Sunday everyone and let's stay on plan!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hang in there Nanner. magic happens

for me I stayed on induction foods today. got some wicked cravings but got thru them.
not a bite extra

today was 4 bacon
bit of tuna with mayo, some pepperoni, few cubes of cheddar
bit of stew beef
one chicken leg quarter
sugar free jello tonight if for some reason I go insane and need something

pushing water

I did bad when I see what I ate and ignored veggies today. oh well, the beauty of doing it my way is I can eat what I want.

will be sure to eat veg tomorrow tho

hope the scale treats me good for my efforts--will see
Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

scale was 199.8 this morning

I did it, I did it, I did it FINALLY

that stupid sugar free jello is saving me at night. get the bit of munchies and was nibbling way too much 'real' food. I ate a whole sf jello last night, was happy and finally hit the 199. I can rely on that stuff. not thrilled with the asparatme in it, but my body does well with it and I will use SF Jello as long as I need a crutch right now.

ok--head on straight--time to get to 195 fast. to keep from bouncing into those 2s again I hate the bounce back even tho I know it is not that bad in reality.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

Awesome! So happy for you!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THANKS MISTI

feels good to come to the board and not moan about missing 199---but say hooray for hitting 199
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #616

Quote:

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

that stupid sugar free jello is saving me at night. get the bit of munchies and was nibbling way too much 'real' food. I ate a whole sf jello last night, was happy and finally hit the 199. I can rely on that stuff. not thrilled with the asparatme in it, but my body does well with it and I will use SF Jello as long as I need a crutch right now.

ok--head on straight--time to get to 195 fast. to keep from bouncing into those 2s again I hate the bounce back even tho I know it is not that bad in reality.
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!

SF Jello is very good, too, I think. I love it with some Reddi Wip on top. Haven't had it yet though since I started this time. Once again, I was up this morning, but I'm going to trudge through and continue. Making some homemade meatballs tonight and going to have a double burger on a LC Sara Lee bun this afternoon. Shouldn't be any more than 20 carbs today.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Happy to say that after last week and adding walking into the mix, I am down 5#. I am almost out of the 230's.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Mitzizoom posted the link to this thread in the main carb lobby today, and I couldn't scoot over here fast enough. Thanks Mitzi! I've read back several pages, enough to know, this is my kind of place.

It's sometimes a bit intimidating to me how stringent some folks are on a Low Carb woe, and I have to remind myself I'm not doing it that way, because when I do I can't maintain it.

That said, I'm averaging about 25 grams a day, give or take, having started out 2 1/2 months ago allowing myself 50 grams or less a day. So I'm moving in the right direction based on choices that feel good to me as I learn more tips. Have lost 8 lbs and I'm happy with that. I've got the time to lose it and make it work for me long term this time.

Yesterday I had a bit of a splurge, went to a movie and had 2 cups of buttered popcorn. Ate it one kernal at a time and made it last through a lot of the movie. Was clean the rest of the day.

And wouldn't you know, I dropped 2 lbs this am. I know it will bounce back up, but for me the first time I drop it means I'm on my way, and within a week it will stick.

I have found on any weight loss woe I've been on that shaking it up with a good treat now and then seems to break stalls. Of course one must be careful, but I tend to schedule my treats, once every week or two, depending on life's social demands, and as long as I know there's more treats in my future, even in they're a week or two away, I'm good and jump right back on plan.

Huge congrats to all here in the last days who have met a major goal. Such a great feeling.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #619
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: libjas
Stats: 170/159/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2012
Haven't been here much lately. I do read threads and have jumped back on the
wagon after our cruise a couple of months ago...just wanted to say Congrats!!!
I have been following this thread the last few days.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinigirl View Post
Good Sunday Morning everyone,
It's just better for me to post on a Sunday morning, my life is so busy the rest of the week, I do read all the comment and I live your lifes along with you.
{snip}
Keep your post coming girls, even when I don't post I read, and it keeps me focus on my own goals and I think of you all and send out the positive vibes..I hope you all feel them.
Enjoy your Sunday and your week..Joy
Good to hear from you Trinigirl! Glad you are reading even if not posting here much. I hear you on being busy! Hope you have a great week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!

SF Jello is very good, too, I think. I love it with some Reddi Wip on top. Haven't had it yet though since I started this time. Once again, I was up this morning, but I'm going to trudge through and continue. Making some homemade meatballs tonight and going to have a double burger on a LC Sara Lee bun this afternoon. Shouldn't be any more than 20 carbs today.
Just keep at it Nanner, 20 g of carbs is a great day! I hopefully was around there today myself but I didn't track today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Happy to say that after last week and adding walking into the mix, I am down 5#. I am almost out of the 230's.
5 lbs. is awesome! Last time I tried walking I gained 5 lbs! But I know I need to start doing some exercise....soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Mitzizoom posted the link to this thread in the main carb lobby today, and I couldn't scoot over here fast enough. Thanks Mitzi! I've read back several pages, enough to know, this is my kind of place.

It's sometimes a bit intimidating to me how stringent some folks are on a Low Carb woe, and I have to remind myself I'm not doing it that way, because when I do I can't maintain it.

That said, I'm averaging about 25 grams a day, give or take, having started out 2 1/2 months ago allowing myself 50 grams or less a day. So I'm moving in the right direction based on choices that feel good to me as I learn more tips. Have lost 8 lbs and I'm happy with that. I've got the time to lose it and make it work for me long term this time.

Yesterday I had a bit of a splurge, went to a movie and had 2 cups of buttered popcorn. Ate it one kernal at a time and made it last through a lot of the movie. Was clean the rest of the day.

And wouldn't you know, I dropped 2 lbs this am. I know it will bounce back up, but for me the first time I drop it means I'm on my way, and within a week it will stick.

I have found on any weight loss woe I've been on that shaking it up with a good treat now and then seems to break stalls. Of course one must be careful, but I tend to schedule my treats, once every week or two, depending on life's social demands, and as long as I know there's more treats in my future, even in they're a week or two away, I'm good and jump right back on plan.

Huge congrats to all here in the last days who have met a major goal. Such a great feeling.
Sounds like you have found the right place Blue Skies! Very happy to have you here. I have eaten a handful or two of movie popcorn myself in recent months. I definitely look at this at a long-term WOE too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libjas View Post
Haven't been here much lately. I do read threads and have jumped back on the
wagon after our cruise a couple of months ago...just wanted to say Congrats!!!
I have been following this thread the last few days.
Glad to have you here libjas! Feel free to jump in anytime!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue Skies--you couldn't get here fast enough...that had me laughing!!

I also love this thread and the people on it! we do it our way. no strict stuff over here. we all find our own way to make our lc eating work for us.

congrats on a 5lb drop Wicked! Impressive! Love that feeling of seeing big numbers disappear off the scale.

everyone keep trucking. little by little we will win the war, one small battle at a time!

I noticed over my up and down phases of a few lbs....what is making a huge difference for me is sticking with real food. the minute I started eating very basic again the lbs are moving off. duh, ya think I would have figured this out a bit sooner. oh well.
so eating meat and veg. not allowing much more in right now
Old 04-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
May I join your thread?? I am doing My own plan.I am eating between 20 and 30 carbs per day.I am eating LC veggies,eggs,dairy and meats.No sugar,bread,pasta or junk foods.Like Atkins just not as strict.I think I am burnt out on Atkins.It makes me obsess over food. My plan does not.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

5 lbs. is awesome! Last time I tried walking I gained 5 lbs! But I know I need to start doing some exercise....soon....
Thanks Mistizoom! I have been sedentary for far too long. Last year I got plantar faciitis and it was too painful to even sleep, let alone do any walking. After resting it forever and getting good sneakers I feel like i can get back on the walking wagon. I had been tossing about my kettlebell for a while now, and eating proper lc and no weight drop. It was maddening! I swept up some motivation for I don't know where and revved up the treadmill and did 1.5 miles/day 4 days last week. Hopefully that was the jolt my body needed! *fingers crossed*

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
May I join your thread?? I am doing My own plan.I am eating between 20 and 30 carbs per day.I am eating LC veggies,eggs,dairy and meats.No sugar,bread,pasta or junk foods.Like Atkins just not as strict.I think I am burnt out on Atkins.It makes me obsess over food. My plan does not.

Welcome, Jaded! Sounds like you'll fit right in here! I eat pretty much the same as you do (though I guess it depends how you define "junk" - I do drink an Atkins shake every day and use artifical sweeteners.) I try not to obsess about what I eat either, the less attention I pay to the food the better, really. If I think about it too much it makes me want to eat!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

congrats on a 5lb drop Wicked! Impressive! Love that feeling of seeing big numbers disappear off the scale.
It's been far too long for me without a loss of any kind! I welcome this 5# loss and requested it bring it's friends for next weigh in!

You are so right, it is amazing how a loss of any kind, no matter how small can keep you going and on track.

I also like doing lc my way, I don't need super strict rules and be made to feel bad by the lc police on some other sites. This is my home!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Exactly, Jaded. Atkins put me in a constant state of deprivation, thinking I had to do it his way or I'd failed. What I've learned is his principles are so solid and I give him a million hat tips for being so far ahead of the curve, and I SO appreciate the experience I had on his plan a couple of years ago, because it taught me a lot about what does and doesn't work for me.

I couldn't do it my way, successfully, if I hadn't done it his way first and learned from it. It's kind of like a recipe---many do it as the recipe calls for the first time, to know what the author of the recipe intended. Then, having sampled that, it's time to tweak, if necessary.

I'm new to this thread too, so howdy, and hope we bump into each other again.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

To Mistizoom...apologies for my butchering your handle and calling you Mitzi. I don't suffer from dyslexia, just typing too fast and not paying attention. The good news is from the first time I saw your handle here, I pictured Mitzi Gaynor---she of the gorgeous gams and tiny waist in White Christmas. Since your profile says you're a senior member, I'm thinking you'll know of what I speak. So you're looking good to me, even if I have your handle wrong.

In any case, I'm going to get it straight. Mistizoom, Misti for short, if that's OK.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI to all the new guys on board!

yes a good foundation for a plan is most times needed. we all have researched plans to lose weight. once you have the basics then tweaking for personal success is usually needed.

no lc police here

But I dodged a bullet tonight. my usual scenario is seeing food constantly. I have walked by this little tiny chocolate Dove bunny from Easter in my kids candy basket for a long time now. just eyeing it. touching it every now and then. (I know sad right)

grabbed it up, ripped it open and shoved it in.

OMG so good. chocoholic here.

It was all I could do to NOT go thru the whole kitchen and pig out. drank a zillion glasses of water to avoid anything else.

I tell ya I could have gone insane for more stuff.

what the heck is wrong with me? I guess I think if I eat it fast enough it doesn't count!

oh man, warped but surviving somehow lol
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If I think about it too much it makes me want to eat!
THIS IS SO TRUE!!! Why is that? It's as if it's some kind of un natural phenomenon.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
To Mistizoom...apologies for my butchering your handle and calling you Mitzi. I don't suffer from dyslexia, just typing too fast and not paying attention. The good news is from the first time I saw your handle here, I pictured Mitzi Gaynor---she of the gorgeous gams and tiny waist in White Christmas. Since your profile says you're a senior member, I'm thinking you'll know of what I speak. So you're looking good to me, even if I have your handle wrong.

In any case, I'm going to get it straight. Mistizoom, Misti for short, if that's OK.
It's all good! Now I need to go look up a photo of Mitzi Gaynor!
Closed Thread