Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Morning all - no loss for me this week, but I figured out it's that time of the month, so I think that explains it. I also don't think I've been eating enough. Thanks, Trigger, for the words of encouragement. It does get hard after a few weeks, but I'm trudging through - could have given up by now and would have in the past, but I'm serious about this this time. I also have that "grass is always greener" mentality and start looking at other diets and think about switching, but I'm sticking with it at this time. One week of no loss is not going to derail me as I've done pretty good for the month with a 17 lb loss. I can handle that. If I ever do switch, it will be to JUDDD - have done that diet before and liked it also. My wonderful sister did some shopping for me in town, and now I have the makings for Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic wings. Had them for the first time at BWW a week ago and loved them and just found out they sell the sauce, so now I'm going to make them at home! I'm so excited!!! That will be my big treat for today.

Anyhow, keep up the good work everyone - welcome, Trini! Oh, and do you have the recipe for the fat bombs you're making, Misti? They sound divine!

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Thanks trigger! 200.4 this am, but I can deal with that.

You'll be there in a hot second.
you sure can deal with that. that is the 'usual and normal' little bit back up, but those 1s will lock in soon enough and the 2 will be long forgotten!

you made it.

I got a 2-3 lbs to get to 199 with kiddos party but I can drop that bloat fast.

best thing for me---I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.
yup---not one darn thing to get in my way or derail me

I will be joining you very soon!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Morning all - no loss for me this week, but I figured out it's that time of the month, so I think that explains it. I also don't think I've been eating enough. Thanks, Trigger, for the words of encouragement. It does get hard after a few weeks, but I'm trudging through - could have given up by now and would have in the past, but I'm serious about this this time. I also have that "grass is always greener" mentality and start looking at other diets and think about switching, but I'm sticking with it at this time. One week of no loss is not going to derail me as I've done pretty good for the month with a 17 lb loss. I can handle that. If I ever do switch, it will be to JUDDD - have done that diet before and liked it also. My wonderful sister did some shopping for me in town, and now I have the makings for Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic wings. Had them for the first time at BWW a week ago and loved them and just found out they sell the sauce, so now I'm going to make them at home! I'm so excited!!! That will be my big treat for today.

Anyhow, keep up the good work everyone - welcome, Trini! Oh, and do you have the recipe for the fat bombs you're making, Misti? They sound divine!
Wow! 17 lbs. in one month is awesome! A little rest at that TOM seems appropriate!

Here's the way I've been making the one's I'm eating this week. The oringal recipe was actually Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups from food.com but I'm calling them fat bombs to make myself feel better about eating so many!

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups/fat bombs
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
sweetener equal to 1/3-1/2 cup sugar*
1 tablespoon cream
~6 or so tablespoons chunky peanut butter (or use 1/4 cup peanut butter plus 2-4 T chopped nuts)

1) Heat butter and chocolate in microwave on high until melted, about 60 seconds
2) Stir in sweetener*, cream, and peanut butter until melted
3) Pour into silicone molds or 10 muffin tins lined with papers
4) Freeze until firm (store in freezer)

*For sweetener the original recipe called for 1/3 cup granular Splenda. I used some liquid sucralose and some liquid stevia to equal 1/3 cup equivalent, then added a couple tablespoons erythritol + powdered stevia (homemade Truvia, essentially) as I didn't think it was sweet enough but I was afraid adding more of the liquid sucralose and liquid stevia was making it more bitter. Play around and make the sweetness what you like. Just keep in mind some sweeteners add carbs, depending on how you count them.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My wonderful sister did some shopping for me in town, and now I have the makings for Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic wings. Had them for the first time at BWW a week ago and loved them and just found out they sell the sauce, so now I'm going to make them at home! I'm so excited!!! That will be my big treat for today.
Love Buffalo Wild Wings! I have a $5 off code from the last time I was there that expired today. Wonder if they will let me use it tomorrow? Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) I tried the salf & vinegar dry rub wings for the first time. They were really good! I hadn't had any dry rubs before. I really hope they don't have any sugar in the rub - I need to check as I want them again! I should try the parmesean garlic next time. I ususally get medium buffalo sauce, but I can fairly easily make a similar flavor at home with Frank's Red Hot sauce.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #575

The fat bombs sound amazing. I just have to find a sweetener I can tolerate. I cannot handle Splenda - makes me ill. I can handle erythritol and have not tried Stevia (Truvia) yet.

The wings were delish! I do make my own also by deep frying, covering in Franks and butter and then shaking on a combination of spices and baking for 40 minutes. Nice and crispy and delicious! I eat wings seriously a lot! I could actually call my diet the hot wing diet.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The fat bombs sound amazing. I just have to find a sweetener I can tolerate. I cannot handle Splenda - makes me ill. I can handle erythritol and have not tried Stevia (Truvia) yet.

The wings were delish! I do make my own also by deep frying, covering in Franks and butter and then shaking on a combination of spices and baking for 40 minutes. Nice and crispy and delicious! I eat wings seriously a lot! I could actually call my diet the hot wing diet.
Totally wasn't planning to but we ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper tonight! Got to use my $5 off code too. I ordered 12 traditional wings and got 4 with parmesean garlic sauce (YUM!), 4 with salt & vinegar rub (good), and 4 with buffalo rub (ok, but I prefer the sauce). I have some leftover for tomorrow too!

Regarding the sweetener, you might give stevia a try, though the erythritol in the fat bombs tastes great, I don't like a lot of sugar alcohols at once. But it you are ok with them I'm sure 1/3 - 1/2 cup erythritol would be great in the recipe. You could even microwave it with the butter and chocolate to melt it a bit. Truvia is a blend of erythritol plus a bit of pure stevia powder. The two sweeteners combined work better than one alone, and the stevia helps cut down on the cooling effect of the erythritol. I got the recipe for homemade Truvia from the Healthy Indulgences blog, it's one cup erythriol plus 1/2 tsp. pure stevia extract (no fillers) mixed up - the one I use is sold on Netrition as NuNaturals NuStevia Pure White Stevia Extract Powder. A little goes a LONG way.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 04-14-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Totally wasn't planning to but we ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper tonight! Got to use my $5 off code too. I ordered 12 traditional wings and got 4 with parmesean garlic sauce (YUM!), 4 with salt & vinegar rub (good), and 4 with buffalo rub (ok, but I prefer the sauce). I have some leftover for tomorrow too!

Regarding the sweetener, you might give stevia a try, though the erythritol in the fat bombs tastes great, I don't like a lot of sugar alcohols at once. But it you are ok with them I'm sure 1/3 - 1/2 cup erythritol would be great in the recipe. You could even microwave it with the butter and chocolate to melt it a bit. Truvia is a blend of erythritol plus a bit of pure stevia powder. The two sweeteners combined work better than one alone, and the stevia helps cut down on the cooling effect of the erythritol. I got the recipe for homemade Truvia from the Healthy Indulgences blog, it's one cup erythriol plus 1/2 tsp. pure stevia extract (no fillers) mixed up - the one I use is sold on Netrition as NuNaturals NuStevia Pure White Stevia Extract Powder. A little goes a LONG way.
Thanks for the info, Misti! The only thing I've been having for a sweet treat is a spoonful of peanut butter dipped in my LC strawberry jam, which is very good, but I'm jonesing for some chocolate!

I will check those sweeteners out and order them on my next Netrition order. Once you get them combined, do you then use them measure for measure with sugar?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Misti! The only thing I've been having for a sweet treat is a spoonful of peanut butter dipped in my LC strawberry jam, which is very good, but I'm jonesing for some chocolate!

I will check those sweeteners out and order them on my next Netrition order. Once you get them combined, do you then use them measure for measure with sugar?
I do, adding the stevia makes it sweeter than the erythritol alone.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
Good morning All.
Just wanted to say hello.
Holding tight to 158lbs...
Back at work today, have to remind myself to drink water.
Have a great Low Carb day all.
Joy
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Up 0.8 to 254.4 today. Hopefully it's just normal flucuation. The work week is always better for me than the weekend, so here's to a great week all!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

201 this morning.

ok been here many times

time to get over it

not saying much, don't want to jinx myself
Old 04-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Up 0.8 to 254.4 today. Hopefully it's just normal flucuation. The work week is always better for me than the weekend, so here's to a great week all!
Up to 255 today. I'm still down 2.8 pounds from a week ago, so I just need to stick with it.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinigirl
Stats: 160/158/145/139/132
WOE: Moderate Carbs.
Start Date: April 1st 2013
Good Morning All,
Mistizoom, you are doing well...
Trigger I'm sure that 199 is just around the corner...looking forward to sharing the good news with you.
I'm still stuck at 158lbs...
It's grey here today and since yesterday I've been fighting this feeling of depression, wanted to dive into some icecream or cake but I did not..
I made myself a hot chocolate and I used a bit of a teaspoon of honey with extra coconut oil and vanilla, it was wonderful, I don't use sweetners so did not have any...and then I got into bed and slept..
Still fighting it this morning..
But I'm working and keeping going...I know that this too will pass..
Have a great day everyone..
Joy
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

brunch I had a loaded juicy lucy

yum

two thin beef patties (I make it lean meat on this meal) and slapped inbetween is american cheese and bacon crumbles. seal and pinch the edges and it is loaded inside.
topped with garlic mushrooms.

love it. I seal up all kinds of things in there. one day I did asparagus and mozzarella inside the burgers. it was great

giong to kids school tonight. no dinner. snack tonight. figured I better fill up and boy am I stuffed. should do good thru this day now
Old 04-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #585

Good day all. Had the best meatballs last night and dipped them in ranch. Scale finally moved down a bit after a week. I went out to buy more hamburger for the meatballs, will be great to have on hand for snacks.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

All this talk of burgers and meatballs...I think I know I am having something made with ground beef for supper!

Then again, I have chicken wings in my fridge I need to use probably tonight..hmmmm...
Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Yikes! I've been on pretty much a 2 day celebration of hitting under 200. Hence, now I'm not! Kicking the butt back in gear tomorrow. Will post for accountability.

You're so close Trigger!

Kim, you still with us?!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Adou---I am up a bit also.

I am snacking at night. I MUST STOP. up 1 today.

last night I jumped on an atkins bar, some of my 76% chocolate, some whipped cream, more 76% chocolate and 2 slim jims. It was all I could do to stay there. I was so close to pulverizing an entire bag of oreos. I knew if I had one I would eat most of the bag. at least I didn't do that

I ate brunch at 10 or so AM wtih 2 big lemon waters. held me fine until about 6 (time I went to kids school)
got home at 7:30 and starving! Had 3 chicken thighs. THEN I jumped on 5 melba toast with cheese toasted in the toaster oven. delish little grilled cheeses. OK for a while then boom--snacking time.

I can't seem to find my good pattern again.

I got to get my head on straight again. this is getting ridiculous about up and down 2 lbs constantly. getting no where fast

someone slap me please. hard!!!
I'll kick your butt in gear if you slap me out of being silly
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Adou---I am up a bit also.

I am snacking at night. I MUST STOP. up 1 today.

last night I jumped on an atkins bar, some of my 76% chocolate, some whipped cream, more 76% chocolate and 2 slim jims. It was all I could do to stay there. I was so close to pulverizing an entire bag of oreos. I knew if I had one I would eat most of the bag. at least I didn't do that

I ate brunch at 10 or so AM wtih 2 big lemon waters. held me fine until about 6 (time I went to kids school)
got home at 7:30 and starving! Had 3 chicken thighs. THEN I jumped on 5 melba toast with cheese toasted in the toaster oven. delish little grilled cheeses. OK for a while then boom--snacking time.

I can't seem to find my good pattern again.

I got to get my head on straight again. this is getting ridiculous about up and down 2 lbs constantly. getting no where fast

someone slap me please. hard!!!
I'll kick your butt in gear if you slap me out of being silly
Girl I feel ya! I caved and had Taco Bell last night. What the heck?! I haven't even wanted that crap in a while. Arg. We're on it now. Let's do this.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

misery loves company doesn't it? LOL

we are so stinking close to just get to --like 195--and out of the 2s for good yet we are just wavering around.

we need therapy right?

I am cracking up here actually. it seems all so silly and crazy a few lbs at the 100-200 mark is hanging us up. what the?

ok buckle down time. I will try hard. You too! here we go...........(and the saga continues)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #591
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Yikes! I've been on pretty much a 2 day celebration of hitting under 200. Hence, now I'm not! Kicking the butt back in gear tomorrow. Will post for accountability.

You're so close Trigger!

Kim, you still with us?!
Yes,Check in everyday to see how everyones doingI guess I been rather quiet though....
Im combining LC and JUDDD right now and had a hard time getting in the swing of that(I did basic juddd for awhile).Starting to see scale movement againJUDDD alone,I basically maintain my weight w/ little lossLooking for the 150s by end of month.I want to meet my goal if possible.You still juddding?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/222/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
Quote:
Love Buffalo Wild Wings! I have a $5 off code from the last time I was there that expired today. Wonder if they will let me use it tomorrow? Last time I was there (2 weeks ago) I tried the salf & vinegar dry rub wings for the first time. They were really good! I hadn't had any dry rubs before. I really hope they don't have any sugar in the rub - I need to check as I want them again! I should try the parmesean garlic next time. I ususally get medium buffalo sauce, but I can fairly easily make a similar flavor at home with Frank's Red Hot sauce.
The salt and vinegar dry rub is my fave!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Yes,Check in everyday to see how everyones doingI guess I been rather quiet though....
Im combining LC and JUDDD right now and had a hard time getting in the swing of that(I did basic juddd for awhile).Starting to see scale movement againJUDDD alone,I basically maintain my weight w/ little lossLooking for the 150s by end of month.I want to meet my goal if possible.You still juddding?
No I struggled with the alternating days matching my crazy life All the research I read said moving UD and DD was not good. Then it was like UD UD. I'm back to IF, which I did before. And back on track with exercise too. Can't wait to be repeatedly in the 100s. I'm traveling this week and am determined to stay on plan!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/222/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
I had a good lc day yesterday.
No B
L- homemade chicken salad on a bed of salad greens
D- kielbasa with green peppers and brown mustard
S- sunflower seeds... better than the alternative!

I think it went well and I didn't raid the pantry seeking carby snacks!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

I did pretty well yesterday too.

B - Atkins Advantage milk chocolate shake
S - 1.5 oz. almonds with sea salt
L - Atkins farmhouse sausage scramble
D - Culver's triple bacon cheese burger, no bun (I ate maybe 85% of it, should have ordered the double)
S - diet Arizona Arnold Palmer (2 g carb)

Holding steady at 254.6.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #596
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
No I struggled with the alternating days matching my crazy life All the research I read said moving UD and DD was not good. Then it was like UD UD. I'm back to IF, which I did before. And back on track with exercise too. Can't wait to be repeatedly in the 100s. I'm traveling this week and am determined to stay on plan!
I SAW you broke 200WTG bet that feels great.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #597

Yesterday was a good day for me also - had my hot wings for lunch, made those meatballs again for supper, and I made the LC brownies last night that I ordered from Netrition, and so proud of myself, I stuck to only having the one 2 x 2 inch brownie! I covered it with butter and put it in the microwave for a sweet and slightly salty treat, and it was sooo good - I'm not ashamed to say I licked the plate! I'm also down 2 lb this morning. Been a very long week and a half of gaining and re-losing and finally back to where I was a week and a half ago. I'm premenopausal and I think it was because I should have had my "time of month" and got all of the symptoms of bloating and cramps and retaining water but no actual visit. I feel like the bloating is finally gone and maybe now I can move on with losing again! The important thing is, though I was frustrated, I stuck with it, even though I thought of giving up or switching to JUDDD but I'm saving that for another time, a ways down the road yet. Want to stick to LC until I'm no longer losing or losing very slowly before I switch over to JUDDD to shake things up a bit.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday was a good day for me also - had my hot wings for lunch, made those meatballs again for supper, and I made the LC brownies last night that I ordered from Netrition, and so proud of myself, I stuck to only having the one 2 x 2 inch brownie! I covered it with butter and put it in the microwave for a sweet and slightly salty treat, and it was sooo good - I'm not ashamed to say I licked the plate! I'm also down 2 lb this morning. Been a very long week and a half of gaining and re-losing and finally back to where I was a week and a half ago. I'm premenopausal and I think it was because I should have had my "time of month" and got all of the symptoms of bloating and cramps and retaining water but no actual visit. I feel like the bloating is finally gone and maybe now I can move on with losing again! The important thing is, though I was frustrated, I stuck with it, even though I thought of giving up or switching to JUDDD but I'm saving that for another time, a ways down the road yet. Want to stick to LC until I'm no longer losing or losing very slowly before I switch over to JUDDD to shake things up a bit.
Yea for the 2 lb. loss! I agree, just stick with it...the results will come.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

down 1/2 lb
close but no cigar just yet

crab legs tonight. can't overeat on those cause I can go nutso with the all you can eat.

I got that lighter feeling. I like it. when the bloat is gone and you have a more slim feel to the guts. I hope that means the scale will budge down. but dinner could be too heavy tonight. gotta be on my toes

hang in everyone. we can get'er done!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Scale moving down again, down to 253.6 today.

Thursday
B - Atkins Advantage shake
L - 1 oz. peanuts, Atkins Chicken Broccoli Alfredo meal
D - 6 chicken wing pieces, baked (3 whole wings), pan-roasted asparagus
S - Arizona diet Arnold Palmer (2 g carb)

Today (Friday)
B - Atkins Advantage shake
L - Jimmy John's #16 unwich (turkey bacon club lettuce wrap). maybe a pickle
D - not sure, probably lamb patties and roasted cauliflower
S - Arizona diet Arnold Palmer (2 g carb)

I am home from work today and need to work on cleaning the house, my dad was supposed to be here today (driving home from skiing in Idaho) but he has been stuck by winter weater in Wyoming, I-80 has been closed in eastern Wyoming because of weather and accidents. Hopefully he will make it tomorrow. I guess my house could use some cleaning anyway. I still haven't fully unpacked from my cruise that ended over 3 weeks ago! Need to stay away from snacking and keep busy today.
Closed Thread