Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Good morning Ladies!!!

Weight moving down for me again.170.4,only 4 ounces from my March Goal!!
well done kim!! you are so close to seeing 60s. Hope you feel better real soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Though I hope you are feeling ok - in other threads it sounds like you are still not able to eat much cause you are sick?!

Yea, Kimberli! Scale is moving for me too. According to Wii Fit I lost 2.5 lbs. this week. After the poop fairy visited this morning I was down another pound. So I am pretty close to 40 lbs. lost in almost 4 months. Should meet that mark next week before my cruise!
thats absolutely fantastic, i would love to be able to lose 40lbs in 4 months. 10lbs a month is such a good achievement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
lost 1 lb
whoop

I want to lose 15 lbs overnight. Can I do that without cutting off a leg or something?

HAHA

just in a mood. with spring approaching I wish I was lower on the scale. I got the blues for some reason.

but at least 1 more lb is gone. best we can do is keep on trucking down the scale best we can at this point.

so still trying for 199. So close yet so far-----but today I am still holding to eggs and lighter meats. cutting cals.
well done on the 1lb loss trigger, you are so getting closer to your 199 goal. come on you can do it. stick at it. this time around ive been trying to think 'i didnt put it all on overnight so cant see it disappear that way' so that every 0.25lb loss i have had i appreciate it. Lets all get slimmer for summer, its only around the corner.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
40 lbs. down in less than 4 months! My scale said 259.4 two times in a row this morning so I'll take it! I am shocked too becuase I feel like I "pigged out" yesterday but it was all LC foods. Let's see if I can reconstruct (not sure I remember everything I ate though! ).

B - Scrambled eggs with 2 slices bacon
L - cottage cheese, Atkins Advantage shake
S - low carb cupcake, 3-4 oz. cream cheese, couple tablesppons almond butter, Atkinds Daybreak bar, diet Arnold Palmer (2 g carbs)
D - 2 hard boiled eggs with 2 tablespoons butter

Hmmmm.....doesn't seem so bad when I write it out though I could be missing something! I was better than DH who took DS to the movies, tried some of DS's medium popcorn, then couldn't control himself and bought a large just for himself and ate it!!! Hey DH, you're the one with diabetes, not me. I'm just fat and insulin resistant! And he wonders why he "stalls" frequently!!

Last edited by Mistizoom; 03-10-2013 at 06:29 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
great for you! keep up the good work.

also, LC cupcake? please elaborate. I hope it was chocolate

I think it is time for me to delve into some LC baking. I noticed I am heading towards chocolate candy etc. in the house for the others. I think I do need to bring myself up to the fact that I need LC treats around for me. I keep thinking I don't need them, but am realizing that I do have to have some type of stuff around cause apparently I am eating it and want it.

so let me know about that cupcake please.

and what is diet arnold palmer? I have no idea.

I am up and down the same few lbs. I gotta get a line of myself and get this under control. I will do it
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
great for you! keep up the good work.

also, LC cupcake? please elaborate. I hope it was chocolate

I think it is time for me to delve into some LC baking. I noticed I am heading towards chocolate candy etc. in the house for the others. I think I do need to bring myself up to the fact that I need LC treats around for me. I keep thinking I don't need them, but am realizing that I do have to have some type of stuff around cause apparently I am eating it and want it.

so let me know about that cupcake please.

and what is diet arnold palmer? I have no idea.

I am up and down the same few lbs. I gotta get a line of myself and get this under control. I will do it
I made cupcakes with the "Fantastic Flour Mix". They were yellow, though I prefer chocolate myself! They taste pretty awesome but don't make me gain or get any cravings for more.

The recipe for the flour mix is in the first post here (I made the x12 batch):
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...h-recipes.html

Here is the recipe for the cake/cupcakes in the original thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16273406

Arnold Palmer is half lemonade/half iced tea. I buy the Arizona diet Arnold Palmer powdered mix packets which has 2 g sugar per packet. I've tried to stop but I'm pretty addicted. I usually have one a day. But since I am losing well I am not going to worry about it for now I guess!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

wow thanks
the drink sounds interesting. never had anything like that.

the cupcakes caught my eye and I am off to read those links. AND THEY don't make you gain ---now we are talking thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone!!

Have been so off plan lately. Currently at 295.5, thats my highest weight of March and i really cant stand to see the nineties no more. Goal for March is 285 but i be happy if i see 289.75 at the moment. Havent seen that number in over a year.

Anyway being 100% clean and good from today! need to get focus. Made some revolution rolls and having ham and cheese faux sandwich for lunch i love those rolls, workout on the arms when whisking the eggs but well worth it.

Was going to make some low carb cupcakes as well yesterday but didnt want to overeat as i would probably not stop at one.

Keep up the good work everyone!! x
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Focus, focus! It's worth it to get back on track. I would agree with avoiding the cupcakes until you have any cravings under control. They tasted very good but they didn't make me want any more (the beauty of ketosis I guess!), but I could see how easy it would be to eat too many. Let's all have a great week!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Focus, focus! I agree with Misti. lol

I have to focus also.
I did better yesterday. today I 'feel' like I can eat clean now for a while. got that 'whatever monkey' off my back and the eating is not forefront right now in my mind so that is good.

maybe I got over whatever got me I don't know

no breakfast but had it for lunch
2 egg omlette with a bit of cheese and bacon YUM

tonight is london broil on the grill with tons of veggies.

I agree. Lets rock this week. WE (and I am a big one on this) need to get our acts in line and get the scale moving down now.

I am putting off the cupcake making for right now also. I have almond flour coming in the mail to me so in the future I can make some if needed. right now the sweet monster is sleeping so I am not going to wake it.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #339
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Hey
I was just looking back over our thread and Im pretty pleased...I've lost 15lbs since we started this on February 5,So not too shabby.
I think my plan is working great for me.I'm really strict M-F..eating vlc and low cal. and then I eat a higher carb meal on Saturday (whatever I want but only 1 meal).Scale is up 1-2lbs Sunday morning but down those 2 and usually 2-3 more by the following Saturday.So a overall loss of 2-3lbs weekly.Sometimes I fast Monday to get me back into ketosis and my mind off of food.
Today ive eaten but its been a small amt
B-coffee-black
L-6 turkey rounds w/ cheese bites(finger food sz) and cl
D-idk-making chix fajita salad for DH,maybe that if needed
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #340
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Hey everyone!!

Have been so off plan lately. Currently at 295.5, thats my highest weight of March and i really cant stand to see the nineties no more. Goal for March is 285 but i be happy if i see 289.75 at the moment. Havent seen that number in over a year.

Anyway being 100% clean and good from today! need to get focus. Made some revolution rolls and having ham and cheese faux sandwich for lunch i love those rolls, workout on the arms when whisking the eggs but well worth it.

Was going to make some low carb cupcakes as well yesterday but didnt want to overeat as i would probably not stop at one.

Keep up the good work everyone!! x
You got this...you know what to do,time to FOCUS!!!

Quote:
Focus, focus! I agree with Misti. lol

I have to focus also.
I did better yesterday. today I 'feel' like I can eat clean now for a while. got that 'whatever monkey' off my back and the eating is not forefront right now in my mind so that is good.

maybe I got over whatever got me I don't know

no breakfast but had it for lunch
2 egg omlette with a bit of cheese and bacon YUM

tonight is london broil on the grill with tons of veggies.

I agree. Lets rock this week. WE (and I am a big one on this) need to get our acts in line and get the scale moving down now.

I am putting off the cupcake making for right now also. I have almond flour coming in the mail to me so in the future I can make some if needed. right now the sweet monster is sleeping so I am not going to wake it.
Good Idea ,if sweets derail you REMOVE them.You are sooooo close to 199,it is calling your name...can you hear it???Come'on,I DARE you!!!lol
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Focus, I'm with you. I'm in need of a refocusing myself. I've started JUDDD on Friday and it's working well so far. Today is a down day and it is kinda nice to be hungry. Is that weird? I'm not famished, just not stuffed. I feel like it's helping me take control.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

come on everyone we can do it!! this thread really helps as i feel like we are all in very similar situations, our numbers arent the same but we all the to get to the same place .

Well done kim for losing 15lbs in Feb, thats excellent.

Adoug sounds like Juddd really working for you, let us know how you get on x
Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Adou---finding that control is a great thing. I can't wait to hear abuot your JUDDD experiment and if you helps you. Keep us posted on that!!

Congrats Kim. You are sure rocking this weight loss! girl you are in the zone.

Me, eh. I gotta get back to the zone. I wish I marked down what weight I started this thread. darn, I didn't. I haven't lost alot. flubbing around.
but right now I seem to be finding my way back.

OK---2.5 lbs. to hit 199. I gotta do this and NOW.

mini goal is lose 2.5 lbs by Saturday and lock it in.

eggs and lean meats and light veggies for me without alot of extras.

I CAN DO THIS. WE CAN DO THIS.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

My 4 week online dietbet is finally over, thankfully. I lost 4% of my bodyweight in 4 weeks so I won! I am just waiting to find out how much, as the pot get split by all the winners in my group. I am hoping to make at least $20 over my $25 bet. But I'm never doing it again as it seemed to cause me low level stress all month which I don't need. I am packing for my cruise now so that is enough stress on top of work! We're flying out on Saturday for the cruise. My goal is to be 260 or less when I get back. I was 259.4 yesterday morning.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #345
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MinnieSkinnie
Stats: 242/220/164 for starters
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 4/15/13

hi all, my first post after months of lurking

I went on South Beach last spring and lost about 35 pounds. I got a new, stressful position at work and ate my way through the stress - gained 25 back.

After bouts of induction and cheating and back again, I've come to a few conclusions:

- i feel so GROSS when i binge on carbs.. the sugar swings have me napping through the day and i feel sick to my tummy.

- i feel sooooo much better when i avoid grains and sugar.

- tmi, but my digestive system behaves much better.

- I will live this way the rest of my life (with only the occasional cupcake or roasted baby potato in my life. lol)

I have a special occasion coming up on April 1st. I know I can't move mountains, but i want to get a good kick-start before my trip.

Until then, I'm Meat n Eggin it!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Minnie Skinnie! I'm glad you found your way to this thread! I am pretty much grain free myself, except for oat fiber in the Fantastic Flour Mix that I mentioned a few posts up -- it works great tio make low carb cupcakes! I hope you have a great couple of weeks before your April 1st even. Please check in often and let us know of your progress!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Hello all! JUDDDing is going well so far Today is a DD, but I'm hanging in so far with lemon water and green tea. Looking foward to a shake at lunch!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Minnie Skinnie!!!

Congrats Mistizoom, I can just imagine the pressure you were under. Well done for getting your goal!

Day 3 back on track. So far so good. However going out for dinner tonight, something already preplanned and organised ages ago. I have planned what I can eat already. Desserts will be my weakness but told my bf not to let me cheat one bit. Wish me luck!! x
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

HOLY!!! Erithyritol

this stuff is horrible.

I have been thinking about learning to do some low carb baking.

brownies. I got the best brownie low carb recipe off the net. I bought what was needed and this erythritol grandular. It came in the mail the other day and itching to try it out.

I just made them. they are in the trash. texture, cocoa was ok and all that but the taste of that erythritol is just absolutely horrible.

the back of my throat is tingling and icky. I only had about 1/2 a tablespoon of brownie out the middle to try. If I ate those I would be in the hospital soon after I am sure.

are you guys eating this stuff?

truly the almond flour was great to work with. I have a bunch of almond flour cookies with some sugar free choc. chips in the oven right now. WHO KNOWS what they will do to me HAHA will see soon.

real Sugar and low carbs from flour? Hmmm

I am thinking of making low carb desserts with a bit of real sugar. does anyone do that? I mean a cup of white flour is 99 carbs. (less 3 fiber)
A cup of almond flour is 24 carbs (less 12 fiber)
So I mean the choice of almond flour is way better than white obviously.
So a bit of real sugar in a cookie can't be that bad vs. that fake sweetener.

I just can't do those fake sweeteners. My cookies in the oven are splenda and equal sweetener mixed....lol....should be interesting.

Erythritol will sit in the cabinet for a few weeks and then probably the garbage. I am hesitating to throw it just yet. Any use for this junk?

ugh
I am not a baker and this fake sweetner stuff is just horrible.

OK cookies out of oven. YUCK
the almond flour base is OK. don't mind that. the sugar free chocolate chips are ok. not bad. the sweetner taste. YUCK

I am not a fake sweet gal. this isn't going to happen. I know the almond flour cookie with a bit of real sugar would be yummy.

man I gotta think about all this mess-------------whoa ran off and found out 1 cup of sugar is 200 grams carbs. WT? lol I didn't know that.

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-13-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Wow trigger, didnt know that about the 200g of carbs in sugar.

I dont really like the taste of splenda, last time i went shopping for some sweetener i just picked the local store brand as it was cheap but when i cooked it with it i quite like it. I thought all sweetener tasted horrible but i think you just need to experiment to find the one that taste ok to you. Sorry your brownies didnt turn out nice.

Hmmmm i could do with an almond cookie right now. I keep meaning to try making them, they sound easy enough just i worry i wont be able to stop eating at just one. Better wait until i have more control.

Just came back from my meal out, stayed pretty much 99.9% low carb you never really know what some food might have a sneak of something in but i picked the best for me. It was a buffet meal but i stuck to steak and veg mostly. Wont be eating that again anytime soon. Had to resist the dessert section, it helped that the table next to me put me in a bad mood so i didnt even want some in the end. Hope tomo shows a loss as a reward for my test of willpower today! x
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
My 4 week online dietbet is finally over, thankfully. I lost 4% of my bodyweight in 4 weeks so I won! I am just waiting to find out how much, as the pot get split by all the winners in my group. I am hoping to make at least $20 over my $25 bet. But I'm never doing it again as it seemed to cause me low level stress all month which I don't need. I am packing for my cruise now so that is enough stress on top of work! We're flying out on Saturday for the cruise. My goal is to be 260 or less when I get back. I was 259.4 yesterday morning.
WTG!!!Glad the stress is over.Have fun on that cruise!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Hello all! JUDDDing is going well so far Today is a DD, but I'm hanging in so far with lemon water and green tea. Looking foward to a shake at lunch!
Hey, I been trying JUDDDING as well.Keeping DDs LC and experimenting some on UDs.We shall see
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #353
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Congrats Mistizoom, I can just imagine the pressure you were under. Well done for getting your goal!

Day 3 back on track. So far so good. However going out for dinner tonight, something already preplanned and organised ages ago. I have planned what I can eat already. Desserts will be my weakness but told my bf not to let me cheat one bit. Wish me luck!! x
Lots of Luck!Enjoy your evening Focus!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSkinnie View Post
hi all, my first post after months of lurking

I went on South Beach last spring and lost about 35 pounds. I got a new, stressful position at work and ate my way through the stress - gained 25 back.

After bouts of induction and cheating and back again, I've come to a few conclusions:

- i feel so GROSS when i binge on carbs.. the sugar swings have me napping through the day and i feel sick to my tummy.

- i feel sooooo much better when i avoid grains and sugar.

- tmi, but my digestive system behaves much better.

- I will live this way the rest of my life (with only the occasional cupcake or roasted baby potato in my life. lol)

I have a special occasion coming up on April 1st. I know I can't move mountains, but i want to get a good kick-start before my trip.

Until then, I'm Meat n Eggin it!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MinnieSkinnie
Stats: 242/220/164 for starters
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 4/15/13
Quote:

Thanks Focus! I'm going to be visiting the UK in a few weeks

How did dinner go??
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Kim, I'm digging it so far! Feel like I'm going to be down at least another pound tomorrow
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

OOOOOooo....that sounds good. that JUDDD is helping you alot.

I am doing a low cal. day also, just because I am not hungry. keeping it light.
I hope it helps me. involuntary JUDD day

Are you doing JUDDD the way it should be? UP one day, down the next? Or are you just winging it a bit? Did you get on the Dr. Johnson website and calculate your numbers? just curious.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.4 this am! Soooo close to Onderland. I'm feeling stuck though bc I've been tracking my weight here using my trainer's scale. But hers weighs about 2 lbs less than mine. So this AM I was 204 at home, which means I'd be 202 for her! Missed last week's weigh in with her bc I had been sick.

Trigger, I am using the DD figure from his site, but not the UD calories. They're wayyyyy to high for me
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

gotcha

and CONGRATS!

I am sitting at 202.2 this morning. Man oh man I gotta push thru the 199s.

COME ON LETS GO!!!! WEEEEeeee
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSkinnie View Post
Thanks Focus! I'm going to be visiting the UK in a few weeks

How did dinner go??
Hi Minnie, dinner went well. I stuck to low carb thankfully. I knew it was going to be a challenge but i passed it wahay!!

Just a warning the weather is crazy over here at the moment. One minute the sun is shinning the next to snowing . If you never been before i'm sure you will love it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Down 1.4 this am! Soooo close to Onderland. I'm feeling stuck though bc I've been tracking my weight here using my trainer's scale. But hers weighs about 2 lbs less than mine. So this AM I was 204 at home, which means I'd be 202 for her! Missed last week's weigh in with her bc I had been sick.

Trigger, I am using the DD figure from his site, but not the UD calories. They're wayyyyy to high for me
oooooo Onderland!! well done Adoug!! sounds like Juddd is really working for. If you dont mind, would you share with us what you have on a DD? I am thinking i might try it next month if my weightloss doesnt improve. Unsure what i can have on the DD though for like 500kcals. Unless i do it as a complete fasting day. Not sure if i can manage that though.

Quote:
gotcha

and CONGRATS!

I am sitting at 202.2 this morning. Man oh man I gotta push thru the 199s.

COME ON LETS GO!!!! WEEEEeeee
Come on Trigger! you have got this!! you are so close to Onderland.

How did your almond cookies turn out by the way?
Closed Thread