Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Got up at 5:30 rather than 5 this morning. Had to load the trailer with goats that I am seding to the auction. I paid way too much for 2 Saanen does four years ago and they have never had anything but bucks. I kept one little buck and sent them and all of their buck kids to the auction. Five adult does and five babies.

I am doing a potato DD. I have been having good luck eating more calories but only potatoes and maintaining so I wil keep on doing that for awhile until I get tired of potatoes. Bought fingerlings to try but they are not my favorite. Not sure why. I roasted them and everyone else thinks they are great. Much prefer the gold ones.

It is cold today and I am freezing. Did chores and have stayed inside. Yesterday Sami and I took a long nap. Sure feel rested today but I am goofing off and doing nothing just like yesterday.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Good morning! 10 goats gone, that's going to make a difference. I hope they do well at auction for you.

Let me know when you have facial soap again, no rush, I'm looking forward to trying it, but your regular soap seems gentle enough for my face, too.

Having oatmeal this morning. Trying to add more whole foods and cook more. I've recently started using those little mixes that you see in specialty stores, corn chowder, mushroom & wild rice soup. I like them a lot, they take some time to do, but are very easy to put together. We get about 3 meals for DH & I out of them, great since I really don't cook but every other day now.

Have you started WW yet, Lil Miss? I agree with Adi, whole foods are the way to go. Remember those low carb candy bars we used to buy? Besides how they affected my digestion, I could never lose while eating them. I should have just eaten frozen blueberries.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - will do about the facail soap. They sell those special mixes at a lot of craft shows I attend and they always have a booming business. I have never bought any since I tend to get busy myself although I manage to find the no sugar added locally made (in central Texas) jams and jellies booth. DH has discovered my stash so I will have to buy double next time. I tend to cook something in the small roaster and it lasts DH for several meals. He can alternate with something else if he gets tired of it. Sure saves time.

I am experimenting with upping my DD calories for maintenance. I am back up to 142 but seem to have stabilized at that weight. I am fine with that weight but would really like to go a little lower but think I will rock along for awhile and not worry about it. Since DS starts Ranger School today and that is such a torture for son and all family, I don't need to be so concerned about my diet.

I thought I had eaten a WHOLE lot of Yukon gold potatoes the other day until DH mentioned those little potatoes in the frig sure are good with a little salt. And they are. I am searching through the bags at the store to find the ones with the smallest potatoes. They are kind of like a treat now.

So much to do and so little time. Must get started.

lilmiss - Good luck on WW. Remember - whole foods. Anything processed has always been a trigger for me to want more junk.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Hi everyone,

Dak, Go Whole Foods! I always strive for it, but it's so easy for me to get off track. So are the mixes you're talking about the ones that contain the dried mix of veggies for soups?

adi, I really like Yukon golds. I would imagine they'd be a good potato to eat cold.

DH and I went out to lunch today with my cousin and aunt, and my sister and her hubby. Then came back to my house for dessert, coffee and tea. It was obvious my aunt had a wonderful time. I'm so glad we finally made the time to do this. We're planning on the next outing some place near my cousin and then going back to her house.

This morning I had 1/2 of a piece of cherry streudel and I've felt sick all day. Why do I do it to myself? I should have had a can of mashed up beans or a salad but I was pressed for time getting ready for my visitors so I used that as an excuse to grab something quick.

DH is getting a knee replaced tomorrow! We have to be at the hospital at 6:15 . As bad as it will be getting up at 4:30, I'd rather him get in there early and get it overwith so he's not sitting around worrying and hungry. Fortunately I have good reading material and I'll bring my knitting. I'm looking forward to having the day off from work.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - Good luck to DH. I hope I nevere have to have a knee or hip replaced. Of course, I don't think I have over used either one of them since I never lifted heavy stuff or ran or jogged. Not saying your DH did but here's hoping. Maybe it will all go well and you can knit peacefully while he gets repaired.
I am enjoying everyday that I am off. Can't wait for semi retirement.
I have had a fabulous UD and I got a lot accomplished. Will have to take the old 1995 truck to the Houston show since I wanted to take the goat carrier that fits in the back of the truck rather than pull the trailer. Seems our new truck won't allow it to slide in. Not wide enough at the tailgate. Would have to be set in and it was windy and the cover was already on it so I just decided to drive old faithful. Besides I wasn't looking forward to loading up the brand new back seat with a milkstand, milk machine, buckets, feed etc. Old truck is better for that stuff.
Hope I don't hear from DS. No news is good news at Ranger school. If they contact you it means they have failed. I am so worried but I will keep plugging along.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Kritter, I hope your DH's surgery went smoothly! Knee and hip surgerys have gotten so good these days, hopefully he'll be up and walking soon. Yes, those "just add broth" type mixes. They're really easy to "enhance" by adding more vegetables and very fast to put together.

Adi, let me know when you have more facial soap, DH keeps asking me when I'm getting more. And if you have any of the Dragon's Blood, that's his favorite so far, but he will be happy just with more soap. He will keep you business a long time. I don't use up soap as fast as he does.

Here's hoping time will start accelerating and Ranger school will be over and done. I would worry too, it's part of being mom. I don't think it ever goes away. He is more than prepared, you've raised a very smart young man. He will take good care of himself.

I mixed up my soil Rx over the weekend, it was so much fun. I bought a OddJob mixer, usually used for mixing concrete, but worked great for mixing up my soil remedies. Talk about organic gardening! Adding earth minerals like manganese, zinc & Lignite, feels like I'm in biology/chemistry again. I put my tomatoes in the ground, and covered them up with Wall o Waters. It really is amazing how those things work, this morning, some of the water panels were frozen, but the tomatoes looked fine inside.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Welll Dak, Looks like we are in for a long haul with Ranger School. He has already failed pushups and was sent home. I wasn't concerned about that part cause he is in excellent shape. I can't believe he failed that part. So he will start again in 3 weeks. Guess he will spend 3 weeks doing pushups.
The gardening sounds like fun. I have been cleaning the milkroom all winter and hauling the shavings out to the small garden area and mulching my fig trees. Hope to plant a row of something next to them to take advantage of the soil conditioning.

I have Dragon's blood and I will be gone all week to Houston and then have a weekend craft show March 2-3 BUT spring break is coming up so it should be soon. Lord I can't beleive I accidently booked a craft show the weekend following a 3 day livestock show.

I am using the hotel wireless since I came over to check in after I got all of the animlas unloaded. I will go back and work on getting them trimmed up a bit tonight and then all day tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
OMGoodness Poor DS adi! He must be very disappointed!

Krit- How IS DH? Hope everything went well! Where did he have the surgery?

I have been sick as a dog since Sunday Woke up with same thing I have had 2-3 times the last 3 months Very upsetting. Started a z pack yesterday, had hoped to feel like a new woman this morning but no such luck.

WW is tough. I am hungry a lot. Being sick has helped bc I cant taste anything. DH made me TWO WW soups that I have been eating. chic broth, chic, rice and it's like 5 points for one cup! I only get 26 points! Adds up fast. Tomorrow I will weigh in and see how I did the first week... NOT exercising this week bc so sick and feel so guilty but I am hurting and cannot move.

Dak you are motivating me to try tomatoes again this year!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Maybe failing at something will make DS stronger. I can only hope so. Any kind of new diet ignites the hunger monster I think. hang in there and it will settle down. try to see if there is anything that is setting you off. Soup never satisfies me unless I add some gluc to it. Do you have any of that? It is just fiber but it comes in handy.

I maintained at the livestock show but I did a lot of walking. i did not ride the shuttles, I walked from the parking lot to the livestock building and my section is at the VERY back of this HUGE building. Several super wal-marts would fit into this facility. Did I say HUGE. But then this is Texas and Houston at that.

I have a craft show this weekend so I had better go get some soap wrapped. I do not have enough product but I am not going to worry about it. I was 140.4 this morning after an UD that included a new Bluebell ice cream flavor. Although good I would not buy it again. Lemon Bliss.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Can you believe it is March?

I will start a new thread!

BRB
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!