Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
uk/europe and expats feb 2013

thougt i would start us off this month
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks shy, let's hope it is a good one for everyone. I started out with a Zumba class and a happy weigh in of 125.4 after my DD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rene
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1.1.2012
Hi there, don't know if you remember me from last year have not written for a while but am now back on with low carbing. I hope you are all well and had a nice Xmas and a happy new year. Have started low carbing again just after Christmas, have lost about 4 pounds since then bit slow I know hope I will have lost some more this Sunday.

Last summer we went on holiday and my gosh there was loads of nice food there well lost it a bit with low carbs and have put on quite a bit which I really want to loose again. Like I said its a bit slow coming off but never mind I have plenty of time, although the last 2 weeks been a bit frustrating as I have not lost anything even tough I was really good which is so disheartening.

Anyway hope you all have a nice weekend.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Does anybody know a good bread recipe with ingredients that I can get in a supermarket in the UK?
Thanks xx
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Thank you shy. Welcome back. Rene. Well done on loss so far. Don't be too disheartened we all have weeks with no loss. Sorry cannot help with bread. Don't eat myself.

Good numbers kissa

Happy weekend everyone else xxxx
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #6

Hi Rene, I was wondering how your were just recently. Glad you are back on track and sorry you have hit a bit of a stall, but it will soon pass I am certain.

I can't help with a bread recipe either.

I used to make a savoury One Minute Muffin, using 1/2 flax and 1/2 almond flour with some parmesan and lots of herbs. I made it in a square container like a plastic sandwich box. Then I would toast it after cooking. Not quite a bread, but useful.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i have tried a few different bread recipes including oopsies but these rolls are my favourite right now. they are originally from linda sues site but i tweaked a little. makes 6 rolls

FLAX SANDWICH BUNS
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flax meal - i use golden
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dry minced onion . i whizz this up to make it powdery
3 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons oil

mix everything and Pour the batter into 6 greased muffin top pans. Bake at 325ļ 15-20 minutes. u can freeze. i think they are about 1carb each with my tweaks. u can find the original on linda sues site
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hi ya, thank you for the recipe will go tomorrow and get some ingredients sounds really nice.
Just come home from work so putting my feet up now and enjoy the evening...
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Thanks for starting a new post Shy. The bread sounds nice, can I come over for a ham and cheese sarnie please?

Welcome back Rene, nice to see you again.

Hi everyone else - here's to a healthy and happy February!

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i make it into rolls usually and a also had a go at replacing the cheese with almond flour and adding a few raisins and cinnamon to make a sort of teacake. VERY nice

so cheese rolls and cinnamon buns all round?

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gosh that bread sounds even better I love cinnamon thanks shy for those tips.
Good morning all, hurray have lost 2 pounds so from 10.9 down to 10.7 stones very happy as I haven't lost anything for the last 2 weeks that's great. Anyway making bread this afternoon

So hope you all have a lovely Sunday xx
Old 02-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m still around. I got through Christmas and New Year without gaining anything. Now I’m making yet another effort to actually lose some weight!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Rene that's great...see these stalls don't last for long and as I always say our bodies are complicated mechanical systems that don't run exactly to a set routine of loss. It's bounces.

Ailuros...good job done with no weight gain. Here's to a New Year of lost weight.

Hi everyone else...just about to embark on my ironing now..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Ironing - ugh!

I am feeling a little delirious - just turned down a day's work - because I have too much 'me work' to do this week!! Eeeeeeeeeek!

Just back from the weekend in the Blue Mountains - mostly good! Some really great content from some fabulous leaders in their fields - Video Marketer, a public relations guru, a voice coach, an app/ebook writing techie and our great mentor herself. There was an unfortunate incident with someone doing what I thought was going to be a nice touchy/feely feel good session - which turned into a bit of a hell for me personally - but it is making me do some things to help myself. So, this week I'm off to see a clinical hynotherapist/NLP practioner/Faster EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy) coach to see if I can get rid of some of the blocks I have!

I also had a horrid incident on the plane - flying down - loads of seatbelt room - coming back up - had to ask for an extension (different airline) - never had to do that before! Interestingly, lots of IF stuff finally being talked about here - so have started (again!) Mon & Wed = DD, Friday will be a DD - or a fast till the evening if we're going out. Anything is better than nothing!

DH has been told that his visa was chased up last week and that the Airforce in Salalah are 'desperate' to have him there. So I would say, it is all pretty much a done deal now - I'm excited, as I have so much more knowledge about my business than most other people in the Middle East. Plus we were given access this weekend (for forever!) to the most amazing resource for trainers - over 113 excellent training workshops - that we can brand with our own logo!!! It's through an organisation I've been wanting to invest in for a long time - but the cost was prohibitive. Now the cost I've spent on my mentoring over the past year and a half was already worth every $, but even more so now! 1 course normally costs over £600!!!!

I'm really pleased to see that everyone is doing well - congratulations!!!! Must look more into DE here (and the Middle East - hey Blondie & Blotto - shall we start our own importing business?)

Alrighty guys - off to do some work!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

yes please Shy, I'm on my way for the cinamon buns!

Rene, hope the baking goes well, congrats on the 2lbs.

Lola, urgh, you have my sympathy on the ironing. I confess to having an ironing fairy here

Ailuros, you did better than most not to gain over the festive period, well done.

Mint, hope IF works for you this time round and hope the move comes soon.

Hi everyone else!

x
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Ironing - ugh!

I am feeling a little delirious - just turned down a day's work - because I have too much 'me work' to do this week!! Eeeeeeeeeek!

Just back from the weekend in the Blue Mountains - mostly good! Some really great content from some fabulous leaders in their fields - Video Marketer, a public relations guru, a voice coach, an app/ebook writing techie and our great mentor herself. There was an unfortunate incident with someone doing what I thought was going to be a nice touchy/feely feel good session - which turned into a bit of a hell for me personally - but it is making me do some things to help myself. So, this week I'm off to see a clinical hynotherapist/NLP practioner/Faster EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy) coach to see if I can get rid of some of the blocks I have!

I also had a horrid incident on the plane - flying down - loads of seatbelt room - coming back up - had to ask for an extension (different airline) - never had to do that before! Interestingly, lots of IF stuff finally being talked about here - so have started (again!) Mon & Wed = DD, Friday will be a DD - or a fast till the evening if we're going out. Anything is better than nothing!

DH has been told that his visa was chased up last week and that the Airforce in Salalah are 'desperate' to have him there. So I would say, it is all pretty much a done deal now - I'm excited, as I have so much more knowledge about my business than most other people in the Middle East. Plus we were given access this weekend (for forever!) to the most amazing resource for trainers - over 113 excellent training workshops - that we can brand with our own logo!!! It's through an organisation I've been wanting to invest in for a long time - but the cost was prohibitive. Now the cost I've spent on my mentoring over the past year and a half was already worth every $, but even more so now! 1 course normally costs over £600!!!!

I'm really pleased to see that everyone is doing well - congratulations!!!! Must look more into DE here (and the Middle East - hey Blondie & Blotto - shall we start our own importing business?)

Alrighty guys - off to do some work!!
Wow, I learn more about your life here than anywhere. glad you are going to get some 'help'. I am so sorry you had that experience with the flight, sending you lots of hugs.

Good to see you here Ailuros.

Glad things are moving again for you Rene, we all hate a stall.

I am enjoying 5:2, even more freedom that JUDDD, but I feel it is a maintenance plan.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just dug up the numbers from the Autumn when I had my last spell of active LC. I lost about four pounds during October, then stopped recording my weight — which generally coincides with not bothering about what I eat either. In the three months since then, I pretty much stayed the same, and in the last week I’ve dropped another pound. It’s nice that at least things didn’t get any worse during the off-plan spell!

Now I just need to get rid of another stone and a half before I get back to maintaining…
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #18

Well at least you didn't gain, this is a great start. You know how to do this!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Knowing how to do it isnít the problem. Not eating croissants for breakfast every day, then bread with lunch etc is the problem!

Speaking of croissants, Iíve just booked a trip to France in April. Iím definitely having croissants then!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #20

Oh yes, that is a given, lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Iím still around. I got through Christmas and New Year without gaining anything. Now Iím making yet another effort to actually lose some weight!
Well done for not putting any weight on that's some achievement!!!
Rene
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Since I started eating LC again (started just after Xmas) I feel so much better physically, I mean I don't feel as tired and sluggish especially in the afternoon I just have more energy its so weirded and I can so feel the difference between eating the old way and eating LC.
Does anybody else had that experience?
It's great and I will carry on eating this way as its doing me good
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rene, I remember that from when I first started LC. In truth, these days, even when I’m off plan, I don’t eat carbs like I used to. But there have sometimes been a few days too close together when I’ve done pasta for an easy dinner, and that sluggish feeling starts to come back.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Glad 5:2 is working for you Kissa.

Ailuros, when in France, croissants are a must!

Rene, glad you are feeling better.

Super busy at work so just flying by.......

x
Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Morning all!

Weekend was lovely, went to Holland to visit my parents. Did some shopping, caught up with my siblings, and saw my grandmother.

On the way home, my car was being weird, like there was some issue with the front wheels. Brought it in to get checked out today, hopefully it's not too bad!

For the rest, skin on my face is so much better! I'm taking DE and EVCO internally and externally, so hopefully this will help!

I have not lost an ounce since my last weigh in. I think I'm in the post induction slump at the moment. Not to worry, I know it will get going again, so I'm just sticking it out.

That's it really, nothing new here!

My menu today:

B: BPC (I now have to give the dog EVCO as well, otherwise she gets annoying, LOL)
L: Not sure, I may have some chicken broth and some chicken with avocado and feta...
D: Probably homemade meatballs and a side salad of saurkraut and cucumber.

Have a good day everyone!
xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Hooray! Found you and rearranged my bookmarks AGAIN... Nice lot of chat going on!

Mint - big hugs on the horrible experiences but great that you have an appointment with such a coach and I really hope they can help you. And great news on Salalah - fingers still crossed for you.

Ailuros - absolutely croissants en France ;-) (Where, by the way?) And not gaining weight over Christmas and New Year is definitely a good start!

Mimosa, I am so glad that your facial skin is showing an improvement!! I have only been taking the DE for a couple of days but am hoping for great things. Fingers crossed for your car...

Rene, *definitely* on the lack of sluggish feeling. I use carbs now to knock myself out when I desperately need to sleep. I've mostly weaned myself off the bread habit which I think makes more difference than anything else (when I think how much of my life I lived off pasta dishes and sandwiches... argh!).

Lola. Ironing? Gawd. Hope you survived ;-)

Blotto, lovely to see you; hope it's a good sort of busy!

Kissa, I am so glad 5:2 works for you! Mind you, all that Zumba, no wonder you're looking fabulous!

Shy, oooh the cinnamon buns are tempting!!

Everyone else, hellooooo!!

I am sitting cross-legged on the floor today, like the Tailor of Gloucester, making up a dress as I go along. This is quite good fun. I'll let you know how it turns out. I would however pass on this good advice; if you are holding a little paper bag full of pins, it's probably not a good idea to spontaneously grab a hat and put it on your head. Amazing how far pins can spread themselves on a parquet floor...

Went to a premiere last night - very gratified that the director gave me a ticket, they were like gold dust! - form-fitting black velvet dress, black velvet boots, fur stole, "diamond" earrings. I do like a bit of glamour! And speaking to the head of opera, looks like she has no problem with me singing another performance of the modern opera I was covering, which is GREAT news as it hopefully allows me then to invite more agents etc etc. Learning Russian words at the mo, as anyone who reads my blog will know. Arrgh!!!

Got a bit bored with pork, currently experimenting with chicken. A Moroccan-inpired dinner-party recipe was a huge hit but NOT suitable for low carb, LOL. Have been making sort of ersatz Southern-fried by dipping bits in a mixture of egg and harissa, then in ground almonds, before frying. Pretty damned tasty although I says so as shouldn't!!

Wind is whipping around here and snow is forecast for tomorrow. Come on, spring!!!

Hope you all have a great week.

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Juno, I am ostensibly going for a 2 day yoga course in SŤte, but have somehow managed to turn that into 12 days away. Because, of course, I need to break the journey in Paris, and it would be a shame not to have a little time to wander around while I’m there, and I obviously need some time by the seaside that’s not spent in the classroom…
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
..... And it's snowing here again!...

But I'm more to the north than Juno... Yuk. It's staying put now too!

Hopefully we'll have a bit and it will then be nice, dry, cold and sunny outside this weekend! That is proper winter weather!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #29

We drove through some snow and hail through Devon and somerset this morning while coming back to town. Didn't look as if it was going to stick though.

Got back to find that the builders are moving along at their usual snail's pace. I despair. I want my home back, the dirt is so totally depressing.

5:2 going brilliantly, after my 3 NDs and 1 DD, I weighed in again at 125.4 same as after my previous DD. Right in my Maintenance range. I have stopped calling them Up Days and am using the term Normal Days, as they feel more 'normal'.

Glad the skin is improving Mimosa. I am sure the weight will start to move again soon.

Juno I so know what you mean about the spreading power of pins! Horrors. Sounds as if things are going well professionally again, I am so delighted for you. Enjoy your chicken dishes.

Ailuros, I love how you stretch the 'yoga' break each year. Very wise.

Hi to all others.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Mim, glad the skin is improving - wonder if it's the DE or the EVCO that's doing the most good?

Juno, the premier sound v.glam - and the chicken conncoction sounds v.yum!

Ailuros, of course it's obligatory to stop in Paris and enjoy that wonderful city - it would be rude not to while you are so close.

5:2 is clearly the way forward Kissa. And it's something you can easily stick to forever.

Hi everyone else. Anyone know where Blondie is?!

x