Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Just whizzing by......Yep Blotto Pancake day. DS....already booked his place lol. I might just make Dukan style one's for me.

Kissa: I did wonder about yoghurt. DH said about sprinkling on his Muesli...hmmm don't think that would be nice. YUK

Hi to everyone else
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Kissa: YAY....low fat plain yoghurt with a dash of sweetener...Way to go!! Much more manageable.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great!, cottage cheese might be another option...

No BM yet for me this morning, so haven't weighed. Very irritating as I need to know my weight after a DD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Thanks for sharing!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #65

Better now, but too late to weigh!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
LOL (literally) Kissa and Mint. Bless you both!!

Kissa, you are looking FABULOUS at the mo! Have to say. And I am sooooo jealous of your London theatre experiences. My best friend went to that Richard III and was similarly blown away. God but I would love to act with Rylance.

Mint, glad you're busy! Just nice to see you when you fly by.

Mimosa, GOOD LUCK with getting on the right track for you with the proper combination of LC and the Beck. SO glad that your skin's responding to something!

Blotto, I imagine the extra weight is simply due to muscle weighing more than fat. I KNOW it's counter-intuitive, mind! And a thousand congrats on the terrific finishing time!

Lola, I wonder whether DE might feel less foul (I am sure it's a question of texture, from personal experience) if you simply think of it as "chalky"?? Of course different media in which to dissolve it will also make a difference. I am persevering with mine whenever I am sober enough to remember it in the evening (bit difficult during carnival, LOL).

Rene, congratulations on the loss!! Hooray. Ah, I miss Yorkshire!!

Jan, hope you are still in one piece after the bad weather, and fingers crossed re your son. And of COURSE we saved a couple of cinnamon buns for you!!

Ailuros, I loved your friend's Parisian attitude!!

Hello everyone I missed and you lurkers....

Thanks all for the good wishes re my gypsy's bereavement and my subsequent empathetic howling. All settled down a bit now.

So yesterday was possibly the worst thing that could ever happen to low carb - Rosenmontag (Rose Monday, before Shrove Tues and Ash Weds) in Mainz. Most of what gets thrown from the carnival floats is pure sugar. Or popcorn. And it's advisable to eat such things as land in your bosom (unless they're kitchen wipes or plastic ducks and such) in order to mop up the ginormous amounts of beer consumed.

I had been rather pleased earlier in the week to discover that my flamenco skirt, untouched since last year, actually fitted properly rather than having to breathe in whilst fastening it. Woot!

So. Yesterday. Well, carnival is MEANT to be wild, drunken and immoral.... right?? ;-)

Currently cooking up a nice healthy dinner. Involves a salad with ... now here I am LOST for an English word (Mimosa: Sprossen). Sprouted seeds. Like beansprouts but not from beans. Do we even have a word? Anyway, some of those (from incl. radish and beetroot) with remainders of dried apricot, chopped, and toasted almond flakes. YUM! Needs a bit of acid balance so a squirt of lemon juice with the good olive oil and salt...

Dinner's ready! Bye!!

Juno x x x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #67

Now that sounds seriously healthy. You are looking fantastic too love the photo of you in the flamenco dress. Wow.

We jumped right over Shrove Tuesday to Good Friday and had Hot Cross Buns at tea time.

Cooked a vegetable curry tonight had to use up veggies and I suddenly had a yen for a curry. Lovely.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #68

Meant to say, do dip your toothpaste in the DE once or twice a week, for super clean teeth.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
I don't care what you all say, I'm still leaving the DE to you lot, haha!

Mimosa, what is this Beck thing?

Lola, is it too late to book my place for pancakes as well please? I got home too late from cycling to make dukan ones in the end.

Juno, you always seem to be at a carnival! I want to come and visit you one day, pretty please?! And I agree with Kissa, you look divine in your flamenco dress!

Kissa, I love love love hot cross buns and you can never find them over here

Anyone doing anything exciting for V Day tomorrow? I'm seeing a visiting friend from Oz, so no romance for me!

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Morning all!

Juno: no idea how to translate sprossen... I am currently using alfalfa sprossen in my salads, LOL! I think the sprouted seeds translation is correct though!

Blotto: Becks Diet Solution thingy is written by the daughter of the psychiatrist who developed Cognitive Therapy and she uses this technique to support people in their diets. She does not give suggestions as to which diet to follow, so it fits in with my LC. She has a six week program to follow, and every day there are new tasks to do, to teach your mind the right things so you can be successful in achieving and maintaining your weightloss goal.
I have done cognitive therapy in the past for other reasons and have found it very useful. Hopefully it will work for this too!

Cindy: I second brushing teeth with DE, it really makes my teeth sparkling white! I do this once a week, and also floss once a week using DE: use the expanding dental floss, make wet, dip in the DE and then floss away! It really gets the stains in between your teeth that are hard to get rid of with brushing... Feels like I've been to the dentist! (I'm going next week Thursday, am very curious as to how she finds my teeth and gums, with all the oil pulling and DE using, LOL!)

Everyone else: Hi!!!!!!!

Well, got to work today and had to immediately talk to my assistant about coming to work half sick. There's a nasty flu going around that has reached these parts, and I find it really irresponsible and selfish when people come to work with their nasty bugs. We work in a small office of only 8 people, and are in close contact with eachother. This is so stupid!

I cannot understand this sense of false modesty/bravery/duty/motivation, etc. Even when people think it makes a good impression on others, it doesn't. It just leaves germs and it's absolutely stupid. Now she will spend the day snotting over my samples that she's making and spreading the germs. Great.

Thinking about closing my office door, taking my EVCO, Citricidal, Vitamins and green tea and open my window to get the virus and bacteria out of my workspace. Am really, really annoyed at the stupidity of some people. I may just send her home...

Ok, rant over.
Today my menu looks like this:

B: BPC, and various other items to stave of the dreaded germs in my office.
L: mixed salad with kasseler ham and some of that raw milk cheese (it's really good!)
D: omelette, not sure what I'll put in it, will have to have a look in the fridge what is there...

Have a great day everyone!
xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Hi All! Sorry I have been MIA. Super busy at work, but loving it! Just this week we finally go settled in our new (hopefully permanent) office. I am going to be getting tons of exercise. The new place is a good 10 minute walk from from the main gate and 12 minutes from HQ. So far this week I have made at least 2 trips back and forth and each day! My Team is really under pressure to deliver as we have a big audit coming up April 1st. But we work really well together and we car getting the job done!

DD is back in Colorado studying hard. Other kids are all fine. Mo and Dad are well. DH came home with a present for me last (Seriously? He never gets me presents!!!!) It was a new BlackBerry Z10 so I am over the moon! Still playing around with it, trying to learn all the tricks. Loving it, so far!

Will try to be around more now that I am in a permanent office with a assigned computer and internet!

<<<<<Me
Blondie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Maryam!!!!! Great to hear from you and glad that all are well!
Sounds like you got a fabulous present! (I love gadgets, so this one has peaked my interest!)
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #73

I am amazed how you find time to post at all with your busy, busy life. Good to see you, sorry I have been such a poor Allie lately.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
a quick hello from me too.

blondie ds is desperate for one of them!!! kissa u post loads so no aplogies from u are needed. (unlike myself i may add)

just booked a holiday for a week in egypt. need to be good til i go so i am dont look like a whale in my bikin!!

hi to everyone else sorry no more personals, arms still bad but having more acupuncture to help
x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Blondie, welcome back - we missed you! But glad it's all going so well at work.

Mim, the Becks thing sounds intriguing, keep us all posted.

Shy, oooo exciting! El Gouna again? When are you off?

Happy V Day everyone!

x
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Well, after the dramas of yesterday at work with BOTH of my assistants, things have calmed down here. (See post: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...ity-issue.html )

Anyway, not much planned apart from working like crazy and having a quiet night! BF and I are Valentine's Day non-celebrators so it's just the usual programme at home!

Menu for today:
B: BPC
L: salad with tuna and feta
D: Probably omelette but I could also go for ground beef. We'll see what takes my fancy by the time I actually have to sort out dinner!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

Inspired by Mum's potato days, I'm trying a mushroom day tomorrow!

Fried or grilled mushrooms for breakfast
Miso or Tom Yum typs soup with mushrooms for lunch
Grilled philly cheese portobello mushrooms, grilled portobello mushrooms & salad for dinner

Sounds good to me!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Hi everyone!

Inspired by Mum's potato days, I'm trying a mushroom day tomorrow!

Fried or grilled mushrooms for breakfast
Miso or Tom Yum typs soup with mushrooms for lunch
Grilled philly cheese portobello mushrooms, grilled portobello mushrooms & salad for dinner

Sounds good to me!
This sounds absolutely delicious!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Mint - rats, now I want Portobello mushrooms and they don't sell them in my local supermarket... Enjoy your mushroom day!!

Blondie, what a fabulous present!! Woot. Looking forward to seeing more of you when you're happily installed in your new office.

Shy, great to see you. Hope the needles make a big difference!! Egypt... jealous.

Blotto my dear, you are welcome any time!! OK I only have the one room, but nevertheless... We can don glamorous dresses and drink lots of delicious red wine. Mainz won't know what has hit it, LOL!!

Mimosa, sorry about the crap with the assistants. Evidently a combination of the bad German attitude thing (happens everywhere. The laws re firing are great in one respect but rather unhelpful when it comes to discipline) and, as you say, the generation just coming out of education who feel quite simply entitled to everything the world gives them. No concept of EARNING rights, or having responsibilities. Difficult. I think you're doing the right thing, and I also, unfortunately, think there will be more to come. Chin up, old bean!!

Everyone else, hellooooooo!!!

Been in bed for a couple of days now with a re-run of the last days of a cold. Suspect it was my body's way of getting a bit of R'n'R after all the carnival wildness :-) Made a garlic curry with a bit of chicken in it - good thing I am not on a hot date for Valentine's Day, huh? LOL.

I can at least learn words whilst poorly. Nearly there now with this one, which is good as stage rehearsals start on Monday!! Am also trying to finish a dress I started a couple of weeks ago but which has been sitting there in a sad little heap staring at me since. I do like working with stretch jersey, it is most forgiving!!

Juno x
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Got a bought of insomnia so having cup of tea and sitting on iPad at 3.30 am. Still been too busy with that dirty word work to type much lately.

Juno. I hope you start feeling better This years lurgie seems to be a stayer and is a devil to shift. Mine hung around after Xmas for a while. Still I like the positive of giving you time to learn your lines for Monday. Hmm stretch jersey not too forgiving on my figure lol. I'm glad you're all feeling better after the gypsy howling session. Sometimes that's good to get out of your system. Loving the DE in plain yoghurt. Well loving maybe a rather strong word lol but it's working well in yoghurt. Or is it? Thought it was good for insomnia.lol

Shy. Great Egypt. Just the break you need after all you've been through with poor health and mum moving etc. Hope all settled down there etc now. Great to have something to look forward to and always a good nudge to stick to clean eating before hand,

Mint. Mushroom day sounds good for DD. might try that one. Lets us know how it went.

Good to see you back Blondie. Happy that job working out for you and with a built in gym routine as well with all that walking cannot be bad.

Mimosa. Fully agree about all the germs that ill people bring to work. Yeah great not to have time off sick but bring it in and we all get it. Sounds like you sticking to plan. Hope that you see some more losses soon

Blotto. Hope ya still doing ok on dukan and had nice valentines day. low carb must be hard with all your training and needing to eat some carbs

Kissa. Hope you enjoying your break away if ya reading this

I just seem to be on a see saw. Up 1 lb on Ud and down 1 lb on Dd. it's how I somehow guessed it would be for my crazy messed up metabolism. So feel i ned something to break this little stall. Tried the 5;2 approach but put on 2lbs arghh. Trying to put some running into my gym routine. Something I don't enjoy but an odd 20 minutes here and there can only help. Anyway time to try to get some zzzz.s. thought still feel wide awake.

Hope you all had good valentines day or did you ignore ?

Hi to everyone else
Enjoy xxx

Last edited by lola5k; 02-14-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all! I dropped 1 lb this morning, but will see if it sticks first... Not due for my official weigh in till Sunday. TOM is around the corner, and usually funny things happen to me around that time...

Had some more snow overnight, but I think it's not too bad. They did warn we were going to get quite a bit more during the day so we'll see. The chaos here usually isn't too bad, because everybody has winter tyres and usually they clear the roads pretty quickly.

Won't be around this weekend I think, (what's new?) as we've got lots on. This evening we have tickets to go see the German dog whisperer in his new one man show. It's usually hilarious and you learn something too... We went last year and it was great!

Have a great weekend everyone!

My menu:

B, L, D: dunno, but it involves coconut oil, vitamins, citricidal, chicken broth and green leafy veggies. I am NOT coming down with what's going around. Need immune boosting all round! Already have the irritated side of tongue/light sore throat. That's as far as it is going to go!

xxx
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. We have just about dug ourselves out of all the snow from last weekend. Driving is still hard, at every intersection the banks of snow are so high that you can't see approaching traffic. Very scary!

We had tickets to the Shen Yun ballet in Boston last Sunday so had to drive on the dodgy roads, but it was well worth it - beautiful classical chinese dance.

Not doing too much this weekend. DH is busy fitting out all the closets in the house with lovely wooden organisers. I can finally see all my clothes - its great!

Dh continues to cause me stress. He is coming home from bootcamp early next week. He was put in med hold for a pre-existing condition and got into trouble for never reporting it (ear issues as a toddler). Instead of contesting it, he chose to come home. I have no idea what he will do now, but 6 weeks in the AF sounds to have done him good!

Off to LA again at the end of the month to visit my daughter and a bit of sunshine. She and her husband are starting to think about trying for a baby. I am excited to be a granny one day...

Still exercising and enjoying the group classes, but weight seems to want to stay the same. Not going to beat myself up - but wish my smaller jeans still fit!

Take care all!
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Mint, any reason for mushrooms, or you just like them?!

Juno, right, I'm on my way - glam dresses and red wine, yeehaa! Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Lola, sorry for the insomnia and jumping scales - both so frustrating.

Mim, hope you enjoyed your busy weekend.

Jan, sorry about DS, but at least on the bright side you'll have him home again. Trip to see DD sounds fab!

Busy weekend here, lots of training etc. Got a lovely bunch of 24 red roses on V Day and haven't yet sussed out who they are from!! Back at work today, boo.

x
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blotto, just low calorie and I can cook them different ways!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Lol, I like mushrooms but think I'd be sick of them after a whole day of them! ;-)

x
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #86

Eating too much in Istanbul and very nice it is too! Plenty of walking too.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Oooo I love Istanbul Kissa, enjoy!! Beautiful city.

x
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Always wanted to go to Istanbul (despite really, REALLY disliking the attitude of Turkish men when I was there once to visit Ephesus) - have a wonderful time, Kissa!!

Blotto, I am soooo with you on probably not being able to stomach mushrooms all day. Mind, I have that problem a lot. My appetite has ADD :-)

Jan, ooh am jealous of the cupboards - what bliss! And I hope your son will soon sort himself out.

Mimosa, I hope your cocktail of goodies sorted the incipient lurgy out. How was the dog whisperer? And what's his name so I can go and see for myself?

Lola, yeah I'm still waiting for the DE to conquer my insomnia too. Rats! And commiserations on the seesaw. Hope you're settling down a bit.

Mint, so how WAS the mushroom day?

Everyone else, helloooooo!!

Rats. It appears to be snowing. However as it's nice fat slow flakes and isn't settling, I think I can get away with cycling (carefully) into town.

Quite excited at the mo. For those who are my friends on FB, apologies for reposting, but.... this. :-) Lots of work to do!!

Juno x x x
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone!

Not many personals from me just a couple of reactions:

Juno: sounds exciting! Will keep everything crossed for you, but I am sure you will get it perfectly!!! Toi Toi Toi!
(The dog whisperer was fun, not as good as his previous tour, but still entertaining. This time it was more comedy less dogs. His name is Martin Ruetter, he has a show on Vox called der Hundeprofi)

Cindy: Istanbul!!!!!! Enjoy!!!! Need full report, preferrably with pics, LOL!

Mint: yes, I too want to know about the mushroom day!!!

Lola: How are you sleeping at the mo? As to your question of what happened on valentine's day: we usually don't celebrate, but BF is mr Perfect so he bought me a lovely orchid and cooked me a delicious LC dinner! A lovely surprise to come home to after a hard days work!

Blotto: Found the mystery rose giver yet????

Everyone else: hope all is well!

Snowing here as well, but it seems to look worse than it is and so far even though it's been going since I got up (5.45 am) it is not actually staying put. Apparently later on in the week it will stay...

Nothing much to report, weekend was nice, now at work where 40% of my colleagues are not here due to illness (two have this flu thing going round) and two are out on a business trip so it leaves three of us to man the office. Thankfully it's not too mad busy!

My menu today:

B: BPC
L: chicken broth, salad with chicken
D: salmon steak and sauteed spinach with garlic and cream cheese, might top with a touch of parmesan cheese.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
just a quick hello from me as i seem to have this flu bug and feel absolutely dreadful... roll on the holiday

need to concentrate on what i am eating as dont want the tum hanging over the bikini when i am away but its hard when u feel crap

juno, mimosa, blotto, kissa sounds like u having fun, lola, mint and anyone else helloooooo

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote