Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Morning all!

Looks like winter is back for now. A frosty morning with a dusting of snow and sunshine! Just the way I like it!

Nothing much to report here and a busy day ahead of me, so I will just leave you all to today and my menu:

B: BPC
L: Leftovers with salad- meatball with cauliflower cheese and a salad made of purslane, spinach and avocado
D: leftovers- we have cheeses, meats and saurkraut and veggies in the fridge that need to be eaten... Not to mention the eggs!!!! It will be a nice selection of cold cuts and yumminess!

Have a great day everyone!
xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blotto76 View Post
Mim, glad the skin is improving - wonder if it's the DE or the EVCO that's doing the most good?

Juno, the premier sound v.glam - and the chicken conncoction sounds v.yum!

Ailuros, of course it's obligatory to stop in Paris and enjoy that wonderful city - it would be rude not to while you are so close.

5:2 is clearly the way forward Kissa. And it's something you can easily stick to forever.

Hi everyone else. Anyone know where Blondie is?!

x
Hi Blotto,

Not sure what it is, I think part is also that the detoxing effects are lessening... So maybe it just had to take its course, LOL!

Not sure where Maryam is either....

And our new posters... I think they've disappeared...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
She is posting daily on our Allies Exercising Round the World thread.

I failed to get to my gym this morning, I am hopeless if I don't find the instructor inspiring, and the Wed class here is like that. May do my Callanetics ....

Off to see Mark Rylance and Stephen Fry this afternoon, yay!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Hi everyone,

Just joined the site this afternoon but have been low carbing again since 1st Jan. Been lc on and off for the last 8 years. Highest weight was 353lbs and restarted in jan at 316.5. Currently at 304.5 lower than what i was last Jan which is one good thing but really want to see 299 by the end of this month.

Need to start with the exercise soon. Rather eat less than move more, thats how bad i am. Will work on this!! x
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Whizzing by...sorry no time for personals.

Focus and good luck. You have come to the right place here hopefully we will be an inspiration for you.

Yep you need to bring in the exercise even its only a hula hoop whilst watching the TV..very good for your waist!! Or walking. Hope that we can inspire you. Exercise needs to be like an appointment. You make the appointment and you keep it lol. That's how I keep myself motivated and attend the gym. Haven't been so good lately tho work got in the way..and its too cold and dark to go out for a run on my own.

x
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Hi Focus, and ! Great to see new low-carbers :-) Good luck with finding the type of exercise that's right for you. I ended up discovering I enjoy cycling. Doesn't feel like *exercise* as such, just (a) a way to get to work and back and (b) simply a means of getting up and down the river to take photos and drink wine... however I am sure that it contributed a huge amount to my weight loss.

Mimosa, you continue to make me dribble with your menus :-) We had snow last night but it melted during the day. Irritating sort of half-rain now. Yuck.

Kissa - yes! I am like that with uninspiring classes. But... Rylance AND Fry in one afternoon? SOoooo jealous. What are you seeing?

Ailuros, DAMN am I impressed on your stretching of French time !! Yay. Remember going to Sète once with the parentals, who had innocently booked us into the Cap d'Agde without realising it was a nudist beach, hahaha... ah good times!

Blotto, any more madcap runs planned?

Who'd I miss? Sorry. Not wholly compos mentis today.

Having that irritating thing at the mo of living on my own yet having no freezer. This means that just about whatever I make, I have to eat for four mealtimes in a row. NOT my favourite pastime. I have various sauces lined up to vary the taste, but... This morning's concoction was a sort of tortilla - onion, garlic, mushrooms, turmeric, egg, cream and cheese. Yummy. But I do wish I could just eat it the once!!

LARGE whisky in front of me. My (unattainble) gypsy's father died yesterday. He worshipped him. I am of course rocketed back to my father's death. Managed to write a letter - of course posted on FB but already more than a thousand comments so I doubt he'd have time to read them all.

Distracting myself by sewing arms on this here dress. I suspect this should be a more exact operation than it is at the mo!! And by practising screamfest arias in German and in Latin. And by continuing to mutter Russian tongue-twisters to myself...

I know you all know this, but... it's SOOOO important to TELL your loved ones that you love them. While they're around to hear it.

Love.

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #37

focus, I am sure you will see that 299 soon, LC is great for melting us away!

Juno, I was at the Apollo to see the Globe's production of Twelfth Night. Truly an amazing piece of theatre, with an all male cast. And tonight the same cast, well, minus Stephen Fry, will have been doing Richard III. What staminer. Such a privilege living in London and being able to see this calibre of theatre.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Juno, so sorry for your gipsy's sad news :-( You are so right that we should tell our loved ones that we love them, before it's too late.

Focus, ! We will do our best to keep you motivated, and I agree with Juno that you need to find an exercise you actually like, and with Lola that you need to treat it like an appointment that you can't miss. Good luck!

Kissa, you do lead such a fabulous life.

Mim, I say keep doing what you are doing, it obviously works!

I am gearing up for my next race tomorrow - an Olympic distance triathlon (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run) around the F1 circuit on Yas Island. Wish me luck! A whole bunch of us are staying at the hotel afterwards to party - the thought of a glass of champagne will get me through the race I hope!

Have a great weekend all!

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Focus, Welcome!!!!! Look forward to hearind more from you! Well done so far on your weightloss! As for exercise, I really enjoy walking and hiking. For the rest, I am a lazy person, so I try and move as much as possible during the day whilst at work.

Kissa, what fun to see a good Shakespeare play at the Globe!!! Twelfth night is one of my favourites...

Lola: hope all is well!

Juno: So sorry to hear about your gipsy's father. Sending you hugs too!!!!!

Blotto: good luck with the race!!!! Full report is expected afterwards, LOL!

Ailuros: how nice to go to France again, I do miss living in Paris, just not the Parisians, LOL!

Shy, Maryam, and everyone else: how are you and sending hello's!

Weather here is grey and drizzly wet cold. Yuk. More snow on the way... I am feeling invredibly motivated and energetic, not sure if it's the coconut oil or the DE! Either way, feeling very good...

My menu today:

L: Tuna, salad made from purslane, avocado and spinach with a touch of spring onion, garnished with feta and nori flakes. As a dessert I'm having a bit of greek yogurt refind with all things coconutty and some flax and chia seeds...
D: More leftovers. We have tons! Will be cold cuts, salad and some cheese... and maybe a garnish of saurkraut!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Juno, sorry about your gypsy’s father — and the memories it’s stirred up.

Mimosa, I sometimes meet a Parisian for coffee (in England). He has a sticker:

Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Great sticker, Ailuros! Congratulate your friend on that, it is brilliant!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #42

Juno, sorry I missed that sad news, I must have been multi tasking again. Anyway I am sure you wrote a wonderful letter, just so hard to have those feelings stirred up once again.

Blotto I hope your race will be a success and that you will arty til dawn.

Glad you are full of good energy Mimosa, I love my DE, it is no problem to take is it? I think that word 'Earth' puts people off.

Zumba this morning, but I wasn't at my best, just couldn't seem to get anything right. Then the Tesco shop... yuck.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Blotto, sending good thoughts for your race! And love your new avatar pic!

Well, weekend is almost here, it's so close I can taste it! A few more hours and I'm off battling the rush hour snow traffic to get home. After the snow from the beginning of the week melted away we are due another load... Well, no travelling is planned so I'm going to enjoy it!

My menu today:

snacking my way to LC oblivion, LOL!
I've been eating little bites throughout the day, so no meals planned...

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy your weekends,
xxx
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/134/130 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hello everyone. Welcome to Focus, and welcome back to Rene

Can't do personals properly as I haven't posted in a while. Let's just say well done to all the maintainers and losers. And I can smell the cinnamon buns and croissants all the way over here. Did you save me any??

All is well. We are expecting up to 3ft of snow to fall in the next two days, so we may well lose power (and water, as we're on a well). Ugh.

Eating isn't going brilliantly. More stress over my son, but more on that later when I know what his new plans are....

Have a great weekend, and if anyone needs the exercise I have plenty of spare snow shovels!
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #45

Hope it isn't too bad for you Jan. Sorry that your DS is having issues... they are always our babies.

Have you looked into 5:2?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
Run past waving!!

Just finished writing a workshop for next week.

Night night!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #47

It is probably good morning by now. xxx
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the good luck wishes everyone - they must have helped as I had a great race, and finished in under 3 hours - 2.56 - whoopee! And Kissa, I somehow managed to muster the energy to dance until 3am, hehe!

Jan, sorry for the stress over DS - hope he's okay.

Hi everyone else - hope you're all enjoying the weekend where ever you are - sadly for us middle easy folk I'm at work - boo!

x
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rene
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1.1.2012
Good morning ladies, just stood on the scales and have lost another 2 pounds I just can't believe it when it was so slow going at the start so have lost 8 lbs now yippee

I live in Yorkshire and its snowing here as we speak, not good oh dear.
Anyway will try make some bread with the recipe I got the other day yum yum

Wish you all a lovely Sunday xx
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
Well done Blotto & Rene!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #51

Brilliant job Blotto. Dancing Queen..

Rene I am so happy for you 8lbs is a lot!

Just been to see Hitchcock and followed it with a great pizza and an ice-cream. Sorry LCers, but I am so enjoying 5:2 for maintaining.

Last edited by Kissa; 02-10-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Well done Blotto...and danced until 3.00am..you must have been burning some calories.

Rene: that is fantastic news and what a great loss.

Jan : Hope that the stress with DS eases...there is never really any let up even when they are grown up.

Mint: Good number 15lbs...hopefully that will soon whizz off with JUDDD and by the Summer you will be on your way to even bigger numbers.

Kissa: I am following the 5:2 challenge with interest. All that seems to happen to me these days is I go up 1lb on UD and down 1lb on down day...don't seem to make any dents in it. Also OMG...am taking the D Earth..but its disgusting..OMG...hope its worth it. lol.

Hi everyone else out there and hope that the snow is not too disastrous. Hopefully we will only have rainy stuff.

Last edited by lola5k; 02-10-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #53

What are you putting it in Lola?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Well done Rene!

Kissa, so happy 5:2 is working for you.

Lola, I wonder if you eat enough on the UDs? Don't like the sound of the DE much, thing I'll leave it to you lot, hahah!

I seem to be my lowest weight for a while. Just been keeping it general low carb (a cross between dukan and atkins), but I've been having a small glass of wine most nights - maybe that's the secret, lol!

x
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Renee, well done on the weightloss!

Blotto, well done on the race!!!!

Juno: how are you hun? And how is your gypsy doing?

Everyone else: hope your weekend was good.

Mine was lovely in between doind home improvements! Weather was cold but sunny so spent lots of time enjoying walking the dog.

Unfortunately, the scales aren't budging. Still at the same weight as last week. Annoying. I am not tweaking my menus, will keep at it for now...
I found my old Beck Diet Solution Weightlos Workbook, and I started today to give me some extra mental tools to deal with me self sabotaging and how I can stay successful in the future and maintain my weightloss. I have had this book lying around for years, and never really bothered to work throught it. Maybe I could have saved myself a lot of pain, annoyance and time if I had done this! Well, no time like the present, I am grabbing the proverbial bull by the horns and starting today. Hopefully with CBT and LC I will be able to win this battle once and for all!

Will get back to you on this, I am sure, LOL!

My menu today:

L: not sure, got to buy some from the shop... I would like a salad, either with chicken and a cup of broth or a salad with tuna. Will see what they have today.
D: filled courgette. We fill them with ground beef. Probably have one medium. (two halves)

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Kissa: Water...so any other tips appreciated.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #57

I think a lot of people like it in yoghurt. I use Volvic sugar free Lemon/Lime water. Anything with a little more flavour helps, but the texture is going to stay...

Blotto I am glad you are doing well weight wise, but with all your exercise I am sure you are a shrinking violet... lol.

Mimosa I'll be interested to see how you get on with your Beck Diet Solution Weightlos Workbook. I am useless at anything that asks how something makes me 'feel'.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Have to say the DE stuff sounds revolting!

Thanks Kissa - I'm definitely not shrinking but I'm not overly unhappy with my weight - it's far more than I ever used to be, but at least I'm fit and healthy.

Mim, I'm sure the scales will budge soon if you just keep at it.

Hi everyone else!

x
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Oooo, I've just realised it's pancake day today! I'll be making a Dukan style version later, yummy!

x
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all!

Cindy, I am curious as well how I will do with the book. But in order to change this whole gaining back what I've lost I think this may be the key for me. I am fed up with having to 'diet' my way back down to my happy weight. I HAVE to make sure this is the last time I do this as I don't think I'll have the stamina to go through another weight gain and losing it again. Anyway, I had to make my list with reasons for losing weight yesterday, and managed to do my task and read the list a few times yesterday and once this morning. Will have to see what it is I have to do for today...

Blotto: DE is pretty much tasteless, it's just the idea of it that's gross. I try drinking it quickly once mixed in some water and then chase down with another full glass of water. Seems to work for me.

Also, reporting on the skin on my face: it is so much better! I am using EVCO to moisturise lightly morning and night and doing my DE in the morning (two large spoonfuls in water) and that's it. My skin is soft again, and I only have two dry spots next to my nose left. This is so different from even last week! My skin looks dewy and it's glowing again! I never had bad skin before like this, so it was really stressing me out... Now I'm hoping that a combination of DE and EVCO will help keep new wrinkles at bay too, LOL!

My menu today:

L: salad made from mixed leaves and purslane, alfalfa sprouts, avocado and baby peppers mixed with leftover ground beef from the stuffed courgettes from last night. Dressing will be mayo-is with some olive oil and a garnish of either feta cheese or this rueblikaese that I bought yesterday. (it is coloured with carrot juice and made from raw cows milk, looks like cheddar, tastes mild creamy) I may also have a TB of the mascarpone (also raw milk) that I bought at the same time as the cheese for dessert...
D: leftover braised beef stew from the weekend, with a side salad.

At the moment purslane is in season here, but I'm already looking forward to the wild garlic season, only a month or so away! I try and eat seasonal veggies to go with my salads, maybe because I feel healthier that way, LOL!

Last edited by Mimosa23; 02-11-2013 at 11:21 PM..