Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH BETS, Chapter 2, February 2013

How about some Fabulous in February South Beach Vets???

Let's keep our momentum going!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy February!

Don't think I am going to weigh at work. Weighed at home and was up a bit, but had pizza yesterday, which means a lot of sodium and I can feel it. I just can't do it to my mindset. Thinking a mid week weigh in may be better than a Friday.

How's everyone's weather - horrible here!
TGIF!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Our weather is horrible also! Bleh! Sick of winter!

DS got a job. He is sooo excited, lol. He starts on tuesday. With school he'll only be working 2-3 days a week.

Down a little more this morning!

Now gotta make it through the weekend! Not my strong point!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!

Back from my business trip. Did okay eating wise and got some morning exercise in too. Weigh in this morning was also okay, almost down another lb. I had some grains and fruit this week, but only sporadically. I definitely feel like my jeans and dress pants are fitting better!

Cindy, no plans for us on Superbowl Sunday either. Most of our neighbors are away on a ski trip. I'm making a big pot of turkey chili for the game.

I am laughing about Tina's and Kelly's avis...Tina's son towers over her, and Kelly's older son is getting close!

OK, time to get on my next conference call. Ugh. I have 8 (!!) of them today.

TGIF!!!

2014 Running Miles: 125
2014 Walking Miles: 105
2014 Biking Miles: 286
wiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/195/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,

Wiz- I know prob both my kids will be taller than me lol, I am super short, oh well, such is life.

Had dinner with the boys at Buffalo Wild Wings, had the naked tenders and a salad, it was super yummy, but also had a couple bites of the kids dessert and now my tummy hurts, I wish I wouldnt have done that Will prob be up on the scales tomorrow dang it. Weekends are hard!

Tomorrow is the bday party, looking forward to bowling with everyone, should be fun.

I was off work today, but had a ton to do, so didnt really feel like a day off, feels good to be caught up with laundry and shopping and stuff though.

Have a good weekend girls!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

Weekends are tough for me too - last night was good, today will be a test - I have a baby shower. Light bfast, then the shower - that will be lunch, then light dinner and of course a workout!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi everyone!

The week went by so fast (always a good thing when it's a work week ). The scale did not move in either direction, so I've been at the exact same weight for 7 straight days. I didn't weigh this morning, though, because I have not been eating right at all this weekend. I have had a relapse in my cold and feel rotten, so have just been eating whatever I feel like. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day (and hopefully I'll feel better; this is day 3 of feeling really rough).

Cindy and Tina, congrats on the losses! Great job!

Kelly - what a nice picture of you and your kids!

Wiz - congrats on your loss as well! I so admire your steadfastness with exercise. That's the first thing to go when I don't feel well. I know I burn a lot more calories than I used to at work, since I am on my feet and walking around all day, compared to sitting on my butt at the computer, but I have less free time for anything but making sure the dog gets her daily walk, except on weekends.

That's it for now. I am going back in front of the fireplace, since it's cold and windy here (we even had a little snow last night). Have a great week, everyone!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So cranky today, I have to go away again this week. At least it is just driving, no airplanes involved! But it got sprung on me at the very last minute...

Weekend eating was okay, not great. I didn't weigh in today, I was chicken.

hey Luisa, just remember - staying the same means you didn't gain anything! And how speaking of your pooch, how is Gin doing?

On a completely different topic, I have seen 4 of the Best Picture nominees so far. Lincoln, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, and Django Unchained. Loved them all a lot for different reasons...but so far, my personal front runner is Argo. No one actor dominates the movie (Daniel Day Lewis was incredible in Lincoln!) and I knew, not only the premise, but the actual outcome yet the movie kept me absolutely riveted.

How about you guys? Any thoughts on your Best Pic?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday Gals,
I didnt do so hot this weekend Had bday cake on Saturday afternoon at my sons party, that was already planned, but then ended up eating 3 slices of pizza and drinking booze Saturday night I didnt weigh myself all weekend and didnt check this morning because I dont want to know what damage I did. yesterday I found myself snacking during superbowl too, we were supposed to go out to dinner, which we did but it ended up being so late cause of the dang power outage the superbowl took longer than it was supposed too, so we didnt get to dinner till like 8pm I had already snacked a bunch by then. I will check my weight tomorrow morning and see where I am. Its not going to be pretty I am sure.

Anyway, slow at work today. I am hitting the gym several times this week, gotta get my butt back in gear, I only have 12 more days of my stuff before this round is over and I want to get to the lowest possible number that I can!

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Ladies!

Still on plan. Feeling really crabby and out of sorts.

DS starts work tonight.

I am so freaking sick of this winter weather! I am over it! Give me some spring!

Have a good Tuesday Beachers!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning,
I finally weighed in this morning to see what the weekend damage was, I am up 2 pds I did a major workout at the gym last night, felt good.

I have a raging headache today, hopefully it goes away soon because I have a 3 hour training class today that I really need to concentrate on. I just took some medication, so hopefully it goes away!

I plan to workout again tonight and the rest of this week for that matter. I measured out my remaining shots and next Tuesday will be my last injection, so that means only 1 week left to try and make it into the 160's! Thats my challenge to myself, we shall see if I can do it or not, I sure hope so.

I then plan to do low carb and major working out once I am off the shots. There is a gal at work that is on a weight loss journey and she has invited me to go to Zumba with her at her gym, so I wanna do that, she faithfully goes everynight!! She has lost almost 80 pounds thus far.

Anyway, enough rambling, have a great day ladies,

Kelly
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi beachers,

Well, I am still sick and still not eating on plan (I've put away a lot of buttered toast and tea with honey in the last few days!). I went to work yesterday, but had to leave after only one class because I felt so awful. I went to the doctor in the evening, and she said I have acute pharyngitis and told me to stay home from work for the rest of the week! (This is because I am not supposed to talk, as that gets me coughing and further irritates my already raw throat. What good is a teacher who can't talk, right?) I have to go back to see the doctor on Friday so she can see how I'm doing. I also have to take an antibiotic for a few days.

As a result, I was up 1.3 lbs. yesterday. I am not going to fret about it, will just concentrate on resting and drinking lots of water until I shake this and not worry about the weight until I feel better.

Wiz - Gin is fine. I think she misses my son (he went back to the US in late October), but she's adapted to not having someone with her almost all the time. In fact, she behaves very well when she's home by herself, except for "rescuing" the occasional used kleenex from a wastebasket and sometimes carrying spare rolls of toilet paper to her bed (she usually doesn't make much of a mess with them, just takes them there as...trophies?) .

Kelly - hang in there, you can do it!

Tina - I hope you get some good weather soon. We're supposed to get snow again today, and the high winds are already here. I hope our power doesn't go out like it did last week, because no power means no heat and no hot water!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #13
Queen Bargain Shopper

So frustrated - again.
I cannot budge - back to where I was! I think this is the worst plateau I have ever had.

I AM meeting with a trainer today - going to get serious about strength training and hoping this might be the nudge my body needs!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well this weight I gained over the weekend sure is holding on I have only lost 1/2 pd of it. Sucks, I wanted it to be gone quickly.

I am taking lil man to urgent care this evening, he is still really sick and I am worried about him. So hopefully the doc can give him some meds to make it all better.

Not much else going on, I plan to work out this weekend and try to break into the 160s still by Tuesday when I take my last shot, but not sure if that will happen or not, its going very slow

If I dont check in, have a great weekend!

Kelly
Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Kel - How is your little guy?

Cindy -

Luisa - Hope you are feeling lots better!

Wiz - you traveling?

We are going to a Brantley Gilbert concert this weekend. Taking 4 kids with us. Should be interesting! lol

TGIF Beachers T. G. I. F.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello gang!

Work is really, really challenging right now. Weeks like this make me dream of retirement . And the stress, not to mention the business travel, is taking its toll on my eating. So like others, I have been up and down.

I plan to be very OP this weekend. We have no plans and will be most likely snowed in, so that should help me stay on track.

Cindy, I feel your pain. I go down and then seem to bounce back up. Very frustrating. I am almost ready to try a different eating plan for awhile to see if it changes things up for me more consistently.

Tina, yes, I was away again this week. Next week I am home, but then the following 6 (!!) weeks I have to travel. Texas twice, CA twice, FL twice. UGH!

Luisa, wow, sounds like you are really sick. Hope you feel better and I certainly wouldn't worry about what you are eating. Just get well!

Kelly, my weekend weight is also sticking around rather stubbornly. But I also think my ToM didn't help things. I see an uptick on the scale every month like clockwork.

I would say TGIF, but it appears I have to be on call for work this weekend due to a huge deal we have to submit on Monday morning 9 AM....
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Gals,
Good news!! I was down the weekend weight and it took an extra pd with it Finally moving in the right direction. I will say TGIF!! SHouldnt be very busy at work today and I dont have anything I have to do this weekend, so that is awesome.

Lil man ended up having a respiratory infection, so they gave him some heavy duty antibiotics and he should be better in a few days!

My bfs son is in the hospital, he was admitted yesterday, hopefully he gets to come home today. I havent seen my bf in a week, would be nice to see him this weekend!

Have a great weekend ladies, try to stay warm for all of you getting snow.

Kelly
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,

Just got back from seeing the doctor. I am cleared to go back to work on Tuesday (I don't have any classes on Monday). I still have a bit of a cough, but my throat is better. The antibiotics sure upset my stomach, though. I'm glad to be done with them.

I felt brave enough to weigh myself this morning, and was amazed to see that I had lost a little over a pound of the 1.3 I had gained. No idea how that happened, as I am still putting away toast, tea and honey in considerable quantities.

Kelly - I hope your little one and you BF's son are better really quick!

Wiz - I don't envy your work situation at all. That would be enough to stress anyone out! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Tina - have fun at the concert! (I had to Google to see who it was you're going to see )

Cindy - how did your meeting with the trainer go?

For those of you who are supposed to get a lot of snow or other bad weather this weekend, stay safe! It's even supposed to snow here, but we probably won't even get an inch.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
Queen Bargain Shopper

Stay safe everyone who is experiencing any bad weather!

Kelly! WTG! Glad DS is on the mend - hoping the same for BF's DS!

Wiz - what are we going to do?

Luisa - trainer meeting went ok - she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I was kind of disappointed.

BUT - my shake weight came yesterday - - the nurse coach I work with said her DH who is a big fitness freak and has the big guns, swears by it! I tried a friend's and liked it, so for upper body - we will see...........

Same as Wiz - I am ready to do something different, but other than NOT eat, and we know that's not happening, I don't know what? I am tired of eating well and watching what I eat and NO results!

Off to a wedding dress appointment with DD and then out for breakfast with my girls!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I was sooo good this weekend and I am down several more pounds, I am thinking I should wake up to 169 tomorrow I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Everyone was telling me this weekend that its really showing how much I have lost, my body is really changing, I am noticing a big difference too so that is a good thing. It really gives me the motivation to keep going even after Tuesday when I am done with my HCG. I went grocery shoppoing today and stocked up on low carb items, so I am excited to keep going. I think I can lost the last 20 pds of what I want to lose on my own with just low carb and working out and not have to do another round of HCG. I am bound and determined to see 150 on the scales by the time I go to Hawaii in June! I can do this!

Cindy and Wiz- The only thing I could suggest to you gals is maybe do low carb, SB is good, but the extra carbs it allows you to have cause you to lose much slower in my exp. Cut out the extra grains and booze and you will guys will see losses I bet ya!!

I am off to go soak in a detox bath, I have kinda become addicted to them, its baking soda and epsom salts and hot water, super relaxing and good for the skin.

Lets make it a great week ladies!! Anyone have any fun Vday plans? Michael is coming over for dinner, I am making a new receipe, its a savory chicken dish, if it turns out good I will share the recipe, its got like an orange creme sauce over the top of it. I cant wait to give him his present, I got him a t-shirt from his fav hockey team and also tickets to a concert of a band that he is dying to see and has never seen, he told me they are on his bucket list!! He is gonna be so happy when he opens them.

Kelly
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
Queen Bargain Shopper

Sunday night?

The weekends go so fast!

Kelly - good for you! I am proud of you and your motivation!!!
As for me - my booze is SO limited, as in MAYBE a Miller 64 on the weekend. Grains? I limit myself to one a day - AND when I met with the nurse coach at work, she told me me South Beach was a good way to eat but watch my grains, but to eat them! I am not sure I am going to give up the few things I have left to give up!!! So.............

today I started my weight training routine - I am going to measure tonight - and do it faithfully 3x a week and do treadmill the other three - and see what happens. I am sure part of it is age and hormones but SHEESH!!!!

DH went to a motorcycle show in Chicago yesterday and bought me TWO SOA tshirts! Those are my Valentine presents, lol.......we usually don't do anything for each other. He didn't even buy himself anything!

Let's have a good week ladies! I know we can!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Guess what?? I made the 160's, you dont know how happy I was to see those on the scales, I have never seen that number in my entire life, I am sure I was around that weight like my Freshman year of high school, but of course I didnt keep track of my weight back then. I just remember being a size 12 then which is what I am now.

I rewarded myself by buying me a pair of new workout pants, I got the spandex booty pants as my bf called them lol. I guess they show off your butt! I would have never worn anything like that before, but I thought I didnt look half bad in them when I was in the dressing room I have several things lined up for next week when I dont have lil man, Monday night I am going to a hip hop hustle dance class, I cant wait, I love to dance and it will be a really good workout! Tuesday I am going to a class called Pound, you use weighed drumsticks and pound to fun music, I love music and rythem so this is right up my alley and then I am also going to hit a couple Zumba classes next week as well

So I went back to my journal when I started this whole HCG thing on 10/01 and I was 207, with what I have lost that is 38 pounds I am super proud of myself and totally want to keep going with eating healthy and working out. 19 pds to goal, I can do this!!

Kelly
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #23
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelly, wow!! That is so awesome. I am really, really happy for you. And I agree, you can get to your goal on your own -your motivation is all you need.

As for me, I have to be stricter on the weekends. I really went off the rails last week (slice of pizza Friday, a few chips on Saturday, a small glass of Bailey's on Sunday.) No wonder I can't lose weight!! So here I sit, trying to lose what I gained last weekend...it's a rut and I need to get out of it.

In the mean time, it was dry enough to finally get outside and run!! 5 miles felt great in the morning air.

And by the way, my work is just horrible right now. The stress is just overwhelming (which is most likely why I was so off plan last weekend ). Something's got to give...Joe even told me I should retire, that's how bad things have been. Conference calls on Saturday morning, more calls last night at 10 PM, and about 50 emails came in last night after I went to bed!! UGH.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #24
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Kelly!!! That is awesome!

Wiz!

This is a busy week!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well today is my first day off HCG, I guess it still stays in your system for a couple days after your last shot, so I still have to eat super low cal for today and tomorrow, but then going to do low carb after that.

I discovered something kinda cool today, I had a coupon and gift card for Lane Bryant, I went to the store and I have lost so much weight that there smallest size is too big for me, so I used up what I had on earrings and wont be going in that store anymore lol. Kinda feels good to know I am no longer able to shop at plus size anymore. Will be even nicer when my size is not in the double digits I am hoping when I get to 150 that I can wear a size 8 and I am totally fine with staying that size. Right now I am between a 10 and 12, but most of my pants are 14's but too big so I need to ditch them, but dont have the money to buy a bunch of 12's and its kinda like if you know you want to keep losing, I dont want to invest money in clothes anyway only to ditch them in a few months.

Anyway, I am in the midst of planning lil mans 6th bday. I have located an indoor jump place and a gourmet waffle restaurant. So that is my plan, I just have to get the invites ready and sent out. The kids will love it His bday party falls on my bfs bday lol. So will kinda be a double celebration, but I am going to be broke buying presents and paying for the party lol. Things seem to all happen at once for me.

I have rambled enough, off to lunch!

Kelly
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelly...

I did the same thing with my pants. I had been in 14s and yes even 16s for a long while. But when losing weight, I was really only in 12s for such short time. I think I bought 2 pairs of dress pants for work and one pair of jeans. I've been in size 10 dress pants and size 8 jeans ever since. For 5' 5", I am fine with that. I'm not skinny, but I love being a "medium." And even now, with a few extra lbs I want to drop, I'm still fitting in those sizes.

So happy for you!! Woo hoo!!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Ladies!

Good for you Kelly! So proud of you!

I am in a 10 for pants. I really am fine with that. That's where I am most comfortable. I can wear a small on top but usually go with a medium.

Happy Valentine's Day by the way!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Valentines Day Vets!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentines Day Ladies I plan on drinking some wine tonight with my sweetie, but the dinner I am preparing is totally on plan, hopefully the wine doesnt set me back too much, but it will be worth it, I havent drank any kind of booze in awhile.

I have a bday party to attend tomorrow evening and then just doing house cleaning and laundry the rest of the weekend, I have the boys all weekend so we will prob rent some movies or games or something fun. Its supposed to be like 60 degrees here tomorrow which is super warm for this time of year! I am excited.

Not much else to report, have a great weekend

Kelly
Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Where is everyone!?

Eating sucks, I suck!

Trying today to get back on the straight and narrow!