Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SHORTIES - XOXOXO - It's February!

Happy February!
The month of love!

Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wow that month went by slow......fast.........maybe both?

MK - glad your furnace wasn't an issue other than not coming out when they should have!

Off to work, SB first because it's Friday, lunch with a friend and maybe Target or Ulta after work - I have a 20% off coupon at Ulta.....and it expires tomorrow and I don't think I will be able to get there.

Did I tell you I weighed on Wednesday and was down 2 lbs?
Maybe I broke this plateau or whatever you want to call it
I don't think I will weigh today at work.
(There is the obligatory weight/diet post for the month. )

Hope everyone is staying warm - it is back to frigid temps here!

TGIF!!!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Hurray on the loss Cindy.

I am trying to eat more and my scale has gone up but I will go weigh today because Friday is my real weigh in day. I have not had any junk in almost three weeks. My carbs have been lower. I do eat more carbs Friday before my long run and in Saturday morning. I just stay with very healthy choices. If my weight is up it isn't because of bad choices.

I think January went fast and February is a short month. Time flies!!!!

A little snow over night. Very little but some schools on 2 hour delay but not in the urban areas. I think it mostly west of here.

Better get moving.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Just a quick pop in and

Need to finish a few things that I have started before DS15 gets home.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Did I tell you I weighed on Wednesday and was down 2 lbs?
Maybe I broke this plateau or whatever you want to call it
I don't think I will weigh today at work.
(There is the obligatory weight/diet post for the month. )

Hope everyone is staying warm - it is back to frigid temps here!

TGIF!!!!

Congratulations!!

Debbie - you look great!!

Long and busy day today.
I'm looking forward to an easy weekend!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #7

My day was exhausting at work yesterday. Can you imagine people waiting 7 hours for an ER bed? We do have a PA in triage who orders tests,fluids, meds. At the 7 hour point they are just waiting for a thorough exam by a doctor and to be told results. Crazy!!!

I came home and had dinner,read in bed and slept a few hours and then I was awake more then asleep.

Now I go run 12 miles. Later meet with new tax guy and then go to a friends sons wedding. The friend moved to north of San Diego so it will be good to see her.

Groundhog Day!! Hope spring is around the corner!!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!

Happy February!
Gathered all the papers and sat down and punched all the numbers into TaxAct and taxes are done and submitted. DH didn't get his W-2s until this week. Ours are easy theses days with no complicated income or deductions.

The last couple days at work were not fun with the roads so bad. Our thaw that froze with a layer of new snow...super slippery. Have had single digit temps and snow every day since Wednesday. Brrrrr.

Still haven't gotten totally back on the wagon, but really must as my 5 holiday pounds have stuck. My pants are too tight. A muffin top from (literally) too many muffins. Have I mentioned I work for a bakery?

DH is dragging me out the door (early) to run some errands before the next wave of snow hits today.
Hope all my favorite ladies are feeling better and chipping off your busy 'to do' lists.
Hugs all around!

Happy February!
Gathered all the papers and sat down and punched all the numbers into TaxAct and taxes are done and submitted. DH didn't get his W-2s until this week. Ours are easy theses days with no complicated income or deductions.

The last couple days at work were not fun with the roads so bad. Our thaw that froze with a layer of new snow...super slippery. Have had single digit temps and snow every day since Wednesday. Brrrrr.

Still haven't gotten totally back on the wagon, but really must as my 5 holiday pounds have stuck. My pants are too tight. A muffin top from (literally) too many muffins. Have I mentioned I work for a bakery?

DH is dragging me out the door (early) to run some errands before the next wave of snow hits today.
Hope all my favorite ladies are feeling better and chipping off your busy 'to do' lists.
Hugs all around!

ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
Queen Bargain Shopper

Off to a baby shower for a friend and co worker.
Don't really want to go as it's like 45 minutes north of here......don't usually go to stuff that is on the weekends with work people, but don't want to be THAT person because I usually don't go - if that makes sense.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

We are (were) supposed to have a water polo weekend, but DS15 came in from school yesterday not feeling well. He had a fever last night, so I texted his coach that he isn't playing today and probably won't play tomorrow either. He needs to sleep and not be wet outside at the moment.

Cindy, we have to put limits on our family time. I rarely do evening stuff on week nights that doesn't involve my own kids. (I was on a board several years ago that had a lot of evening commitments and it just felt wrong to walk out the door on a very regular basis as everyone else walked in)
Anyway, our HS parent group does have a couple of evening meetings to make it easier for parents that work, we had one last week. Next week a friend has invited several moms of college kids over for her annual Valentine Care Package Packing Party. I'm going to that and it will be a lot of fun to catch up with several ladies that I miss seeing on a regular basis now that our kids are off to school. (her menu is wine and chocolate, yummy!) The party will be a little easier than the meeting though because its after dinner so I can get DS15 going on his HW before I leave.

Kaye, you always crack me up! Now, put down the muffin and lose the muffin top.
I don't miss the slippery roads. DS19 was talking about how slippery their roads are. They practice off campus and the coach that drives the vans is his friend from here who has never lived anywhere with weather before now. Scary, huh?

Debbie, sounds like work is still crazy.
Enjoy the wedding!

MK, glad the furnace wasn't a huge problem to get fixed.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning girls! I'm killing time waiting to have lunch with my friend at Applebee's, she doesn't know that I invited 3 other girls along that we work with, I'm at Krispy Kreme having a coffee, got 6 donuts for Kim and her girls. I'm doing too good to sneak one and besides it would throw the count off and Kim would know.

Just left elder beerman, got a pair of cute boots for me and a few cute winter vests for the girls. They love the ones I got them for Christmas. For 2 sequence hats for them too, one baby pink and one bright pink. They love sequence stuff! I'll give all their stuff to them tonight.

Better run, see ya
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello... Is there a lonely echo in the room???? Where is everybody
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm here!

DD29 came over and we cleaned out a bunch of her stuff.
I think it's about time she moved out - don't you?!

And I've started to watch Justified.
Good series!!

Becky - how was your lunch?

Kelly - how is DS?
I'm going to a Valentine Care Package Packing Party on Tuesday night!
What are you bringing for the package?

Cindy - how was the shower?
And yes, I totally understand.
It was nice to stay home today.

Tomorrow is a Super Bowl party, so we'll be gone from 4:30 until . . . ?

Kaye - too funny! Now put down the muffin!

Debbie - I'll take Spring any time.
We just had a couple of inches of snow - and I'm so ready for it to be over!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi!

Shower was fun and quick, lol.
I think we probably spent more time driving than at the shower - or equal amounts.
Then DD invited us over for dinner, DD23 and DF ended up not going back last night after her shoot and they came over too........it was nice.

Today groceries and working out,

MK - I love Tim Olyphant - so have considered Justified.
Good for you Becky! No doughnuts!
Kelly - I remember those days - walking out when they were walking in. I hate that.....

Hope everyone has a good Sunday - no Superbowl party here - we just don't do it if the Packers aren't involved. I'm making my baked potato soup in the crock pot for dinner - no party foods here.........
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #15

Made a dip for work I found online. Pure fat with sour cream and cream cheese. Found corn tortilla chips in case I want something to eat from work Super Bowl spread. Who knows what others are bringing.

The wedding was small and different. The mom and dad of the groom aren't super close friends but I ran with Diane. I felt if they asked us to come to his small wedding we should go. It was short and we left soon after the ceremony.

I have itchy hives on my chest and feel miserable. Need a course of steroids bad. I must be allergic to something.

Gotta leave for work!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy super bowl Sunday.
(sorry the Pack isn't there Cindy)
My cousin who has a criminal justice background is working security there today. I'm sure he'll have a blast.

Debbie, I hope you figure out what is making you itchy so you can avoid it in the future. DS15 is still feeling lousy so we'll stay home with him. I think we can watch online, commercials & all.

Cindy, sounds like you are having a good weekend. We have a ton of leftovers (since DS15 doesn't have much of an appetite) so we may just eat out of the fridge tonight.

MK, I'll look at justified. It sounds interesting. I still need to figure out what I'm taking to the party. Any suggestions?
(I guess I shouldn't mention that I put on my swimsuit & got a little sun yesterday? )

Becky, you are doing so great! Keep it up!
I love my boots with jeans. I'm sure the girls loved their new stuff yesterday too.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #17

Made a dip today for work and people asking for recipe.

Work good so far. I have second RN till 7.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

What a game! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Going to bed, nite girls! Mom day tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

Today is day 30 of my 30 days of very strict paleo. I "cheated" by getting on the scale & measuring (I'm supposed to wait until tomorrow) I'm down 9 lbs (of course I was up 5 or more, so... ) I did drop from an 8 to a 6 in some pants and my stomach is flatter so that is all good.

(and there is my obligatory diet/weight post for the month too)

DS15 has a nasty cold, he has been up coughing and had a fever all weekend, so I didn't send him to school today. I'm sure no one else wants what he has anyway. DH got up and gave him cough medicine around 4 this morning and he's sleeping quietly now.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a cold AGAIN Kelly! Maybe I got it from your son? All our babies are sick from one baby... Plus my coworker and I. Parents don't understand to keep kids home when they're running fevers, etc and then get huffy when we call them to get the kid. By then everyone has been infected. They put loads of Tylenol or Motrin in them and then wonder why we call when it wears off.

Moved my jenny day up to today... Felt myself spiraling out of control and wanted to stop it. Was up another .6 but I saw it coming this time. Back on track now and going to continue on my journey.

Gotta put groceries away. I'll stop back later!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky, good for you, catching it early and not letting one day turn into a week, a month...

Its hard when you have little ones and have to figure out how to manage when they get sick and you need to go to work, but its life and you have to have a back up plan. Kids want to be home when they don't feel good anyway.

When my boys were little and in daycare because I needed to work full time, my pediatrician was less than understanding, he told me I needed to figure out how to keep them out of daycare. (he was a very straight forward older doc and this was the only place I didn't see eye to eye with him) He didn't seem to understand that for a lot of families both parents needed to work to pay the bills. His partner (a woman) told us that kids could get sick now or when they got to kindergarten but kids always share their germs so unless we stayed home and no one came in and we didn't go anywhere, even to church or the grocery store, they would get sick from time to time and don't beat your self up over it.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #22
Queen Bargain Shopper

Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went to the Valentine's Day Care package packing party last night. It was fun to catch up. The mom that does it every year has 4 boys and they are very spread out in age so its always a nice group of (mostly water polo) moms with kids at different points in their life.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #24

Kelly, good job on the loss.

Becky, you can do it!!?

Isabella was sick again last weekend but better by Monday. The kids at day care pass around the colds and viruses.

She has been biting again and had to sit in time out Friday. Her mom is the teacher for her class and it is hard but she put her there for two minutes and Isabella sat there. My son went out a d bought a book to read to her about biting. She gets mad when kids want toys she wants. She is tiny and tries to stick up for herself.

I am lazing around this morning. Work was hard yesterday. I am done till Friday. I do need to make a grocery run today. I am done low carving and need my gluten free oatmeal and almond milk. I am going to try hard not to eat too much.

I am looking forward to watching Smash tonight!!!!

I have track at 6:30 but should be home in time.

Waves back to you Cindy!!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #25

No one made care packages for me in college. My roommates either.not sure parents did that in the mid 70's. we weren't as connected. No cell phones, emails and we wrote letters or made long distance calls.

A lot of bad news the last few days. A women we work with son committed suicide. My friend with cancer has had a big set back and getting aggressive chemo again. She has mets to her lungs. A women we run with just got diagnosed with breast cancer. She is around 40. Reminds me I need to buy some cards to send today.

I have no complaints. Work can be hard but my life is great!!!! I have wonderful loving sons and the best husband in the world.

Last edited by debbiedo; 02-05-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #26

Isabella in time out.

Biting not on the rules list. Mirsa told us why but can't remember.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (41.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #27

Don't know how turn it around here. It wasn't sideways on my IPad.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

We got our 2 new babies today, the little girl is 6 weeks old and the little not is 6 mo tha. We're getting 2 siblings, 1 in a year and the other is 6 weeks, shah needs her assistance approved first. I hope it's not this week as its hard with 2 new babies already and the little girl has been held since her arrival by both parents. I held her quite a bit today sicnr it's her first day but can't so that all the time.

Gracie's build a bear valentine package shipped today, hope Alyssa's does too so Kim doesn't have to hold one package up. I wanted them to get them at the same time. I'm expecting a big makeup order this week or early next week.

Mandy gets the rest of her shots this Friday and then declawed next Friday. She should get to come home on Saturday, of she doesn't I'm going to be upset of she has to stay all weekend. She's doing great and was a good choice for us. I'm glad I picked her out of the 4 choices I had. I was leaning toward the black one but she kept trying to get my attention. I'm glad I got her.

Just got my shipment from sears. Got 2 pair of shoes for walking/jogging and 2 pair of pants for exercise. I need to try them all on to see that they fit.

Going to run, Gracie is due anytime and Alyssa wants me to pick her up from school. Kim would get her but it would be cutting it close but Alyssa asked for me so it will work out better this way. I need to get her tomorrow too cuz kim has 2 clients and a break in between but not enough to get Alyssa. Thursday is a mom day since I didn't yesterday cuz of the snow and frigid temps. I need to be back by 530 cuz brad gets Gracie for a Father's Day night at school. He didn't get them on Sunday, didn't call either. He responded to Kim's email on the court website that he was an idiot. We still don't know why he didn't get them, Alyssa will pry, she's like her other gma. Lol. John says she can beat a dead horse like crazy so she will ask him, I'm sure. Whether she gets an honest answer is the question!!!!

Be back tonight! Have a good afternoon, everyone!

Where is Cindy and mK???? Waving isn't exceptable unless its me, Cindy. Lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
Princess Proofreader

Hi!!

Internet has been wonky again.

I have my Valentine Box party tonight.
I'm tired.

Too much fun over the last few days and I really just want to stay home tonight.

Anyone else going to see Identity Thief?
I love Melissa McCarthy!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, I hate it when my internet gets wonky.
Have fun tonight.

Becky, Hope your new babies at work have a little time to settle in before the next new one comes in.
So sad that the girls feel like they have to ask their dad to just be their dad.

Debbie, she is too cute for words! So adorable!
Sounds like you've had a tough week already.

Cindy, Kaye, and Jenn,