Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #61
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
How the heck did it get to be Monday!

Busy weekend, although yesterday I didn't even leave the house.
It rained ALL day yesterday.
Today it's cold, windy and all the schools are on two hour delay due to everything icing over!

Hope every one has a good start to the week!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #62
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

Cindy - careful on the ice.
Just rainy here - but should be in the 40's.
How is the weight loss going? Are you still tweaking or has your body decided to let go of the weight?

Spin class yesterday was fun and I don't hurt this morning! Does that mean I didn't work hard enough?
Or because of the Advil I took when I got home and again before bed?

Today is body building and lunch out.

Debbie - how long can I take 2 Advil a day before there's a problem?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Two Advil a day shouldn't be an issue. I took 12 a day for at least 10-12 days in Israel. I usually take 4 at a time. I never have had stomach problems with Ibuprofen. I tell patients to take with food.

Need to get ready for work. Yesterday was a very long day but managed. I was awake and out of bed around 5am. Volunteered at club race then sat through Race Directors meeting. Went to work 3-11. Just long and tiring.

Better shower. Just don't want to go to work. Think I am still tired.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Morning-

Went for a walk with a friend this morning. I need to garden, but...

My grandpa is getting B12/Iron shots at the moment and when his hgb is higher they will do his surgery. They are thinking the first week of March right now.

DS19 will be home on the 21st. (YEAH for next Thursday!) I think the weather was the deciding factor on coming home instead of going camping with his friends there. Although he did say its been sunny and in the 40s for the last week or so.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Just got my makeup order, it was like Christmas.

Windy here? No rain but it looks like it could.

Gracie is getting what Alyssa has, not fair cuz she's still fighting ear infections!

Cleaned my car today, need to take it and vacuum it out tomorrow but its too windy today. I will also tackle the trunk! I need to go but a cd carrier cuz I have a gazillions CDs in my car.

Mom has her eye recheck on Thursday, hoping for good news! We'll go to lunch first and then the grocery afterwards.

Be back later! Don't get frozen or blown away girls. Debbie, I wonder if you will get our wind?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #66
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - yay!!! So much fun when the kids are home!!
And good luck to grandpa!!

Debbie - thanks! My arm feels great when I take Advil. It's so sore when I don't!
And don't get too run down. You don't need to get the flu!!

DD26 auditioned in Memphis yesterday. She had 4 call-backs and now has to wait and see!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #67
Princess Proofreader

Becky - take care of all your babies!! And play with makeup!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

No ones checked in yet today? Where are u ladies at today?

I just got back from work, returning cable box and gettig a new one, Barnes and noble from exchanging a book for Alyssa that was defective. Still need up run my nieces order to her house and she will get it tonight when she gets home.

Need to start the dishwasher, put a load of laundry in and scoop the litter boxes, all of which I'm thrilled about.

Weigh in tomorrow morning at 10:20 too
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #69

I am here. Lazed till 10. Made a trip to Ann Taylor Loft with DH and bought a lot. 4's fit good but one skirt needed two. I bought 2pants, a dress and a few sweaters and tos. Spent too much.

Tomorrow I go to NYC for two days. Meeting DH's cousin at 11 to shop and have high tea then he husband will meet us for dinner. All have gluten free menus and dinner place certified gluten free with pizza and pasta. I will look for dress for the wedding. I really do not like to shop. Today was a fairly quick trip. Pulled a pile of clothes and got done.

Thursday I have a spa trip at 11am. Getting a facial, mani and pedi. Too bad I just cut my nails down to short. I told DH my skin is an embarrassment and don't want a massage where I am broken out itch whatever I have. I think i need to cut out dairy now since wheat hasn't stopped the eczema. Steroid cream not helping. A doctor told me cutting dairy really helped her. I can do it but hate to tell DH. He already deals with my gluten free thing.

I am really tired after the last 4 busy days so resting up some more because I will be busy again the next to days in NYC.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #70

MK, your daughter must be happy about the call back. Is it a musical?

Becky, sound busy!! Hope the Mary Kay thing is working out for you. I tried doing Avon around 28 years ago but the door to door thing didn't work and I didn't live around family and only had a few friends in Albany.

Cindy, would love to hear more about dress you are wearing for daughters wedding.

Kelly, your son will be home soon. How long is his break??

DH working home today. Running track tonight. Then watching State of the Union Address.

Train leaves 0700 tomorrow. I need to pack.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #71
Princess Proofreader

I'm here too! Just cleaning today and out to dinner tonight!

Debbie - DD26 is excited and the call backs were for a full season of work - just whatever plays the companies were doing.

I bet you bought some gorgeous outfits!! Any pics?

DH leaves tomorrow for St Louis and doesn't return until Thursday evening.
It will give me time to finish Season 3 of Justified!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Ladies!
Don't think I checked in yesterday.

I had my mammo, then stopped at the "good" Kohl's to see if they had anything. Needed new bra's and when I was wandering the lady asked if I needed help. Told her what I wanted and she told me the Vanity Fair rep was there and would get her to see if she could help. Well, low and behold, she told me what I thought I needed and what I really needed for fit and my type of "breast", . I think I may have finally found THE BRA!

Then it was off to work for a whirl wind of a day.....RISC training, an app simulation meeting with the Civil Engineering Team, then a slightly busy evening!

I am not sure what the weight loss situation is. I am tweaking my work outs this week and trying something new, so we will see what happens.

Dress for DDs wedding with be simple, retro and purple. Dressmaker ordered fabric and I will see it on 3/9.

Kelly - glad DS is coming home - is it spring break for him? Even though I don't garden, I envy you! The weather here is awful!

MK - keep us posted on DD! Does that mean she is looking at moving? How are things going with DS23?

Debbie - I took ibuprofen daily for years and never had a problem. I did quit though! Have fun in NYC!

Becky - hope you feel better!

Off to work today, then dinner out with DD23's FMIL. Should be interesting!

Oh, and Happy Ash Wednesday!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #73

On the train. Over did it on track last night. Feeling my back today.

So what is everyone giving up for lent???

Just leaving Philly. A few Jersey stops and then should be at hotel by 11 to meet cousin. She lives in Long Island. Her kids both live in NYC. I will need a dress for her daughters wedding in November. Also have cousins Bar Mitzvah in September. That is 3 dresses.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #74

DH says one hour more. Good because I need to walk.

This train got really full in Philly.

This is my last trip till LA in March. Have a weekend in VA Beach for a race St Patricks Day weekend. Next big trip will be San Diego in July. We'll be with cousins we're seeing today.

My daughter in law sent me an email and photo of Isabella with her boy friend Miles at day care holding hands. Not a great picture or I would post but so cute that she wants to hold is hand and tells him Aqui/ here in Spanish. She speaks mostly in Spanish but knows English. They want Spanish to be her first language because it is easier to learn now. Luckily I know enough to keep up with a two year old. She knows English too but seems to speak using Spanish.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning (well it still is here anyway)

DS15 and I went to mass before school this morning. We usually go to the super early mass or the evening mass for Ash Wednesday but he talked me into letting him go into school a few minutes late instead of getting up early. (The evening mass is always jam packed and really long so we all prefer to go in the morning if we can) It didn't take much to convince me since he had a late water polo night last night and sleeping an extra couple of hours sounded good to me.

Debbie, its great that Isabella will be bilingual! Alot of kids that grow up like that will answer English with Spanish when they are really little.
I'm sure you'll have a really fun trip! Its nice that the train is so practical on the east coast.

Cindy, I mostly have a brown thumb and just keep the weeds under control. DH and the boys do the big stuff, I mostly just putter. I do like to play in the dirt though.
It was a cold night for outdoor swimming last night though. It was in the low 40's when we got in the car from the outdoor pool. You can see the steam coming off the water and when the kids get out you can actually see steam coming off of them.

DS19's school is on a trimester system so this is both the end of the winter term and spring break. He'll be home for about 10 days and it will be so nice to have him all to ourselves. (only a couple of his friends will be here at the same time, and well, my parents will be here for part of his break too. He and my dad love to go fishing together so I'm sure they will grab the fishing poles and head to the beach or maybe even book a half day out on a fishing charter) I'm sure he will also really enjoy having no tests/papers/projects/presentations... coming up when he goes back.

MK, congrats to your DD26! Sounds exciting! I wondered what she was auditioning for too. So, will she be working in Memphis?
Where are you watching Justified? I didn't see it on the usual places I look for the beginning of series.

Becky, sounds like you are super busy. Let us know how your weigh in goes.

Jenn & Kaye, pop in and say hi when you have a minute!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

I lost .8 this week, I think there was remnants from last weeks super/mighty binge!

So tired! Got a mom day tomorrow and another eye check. I am praying she has some vision back
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #77
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - I went to mass at noon today - the parking lot was jammed but there was hardly anyone in the cherch when i got there - turns out the KC Hall next door was having a retirement luncheon and they all parked in the church lot! And

No clue about DD26. She has to submit a written application to each place and then see if they offer her a job.

I had to go old school for Justified - DVD's at the library!
And Family Video for season 3.
Luckily I've been taping season 4 so by Saturday I can start the new season!

Are you planning to fix all of DS's favorite foods while he's home?

Debbie - Love that Isabella is bilingual!
Hope you're having an amazing time - and I want pics of your dresses!

I'm not giving up (again) this year, but will do some sort of exercise for the 40 days.

Cindy - my last "it" bra was Vanity Fair. But when I went back to get new ones in the exact same size . . . they didn't fit! So I need to find a new favorite!

DD26 will probably move if she gets into a company.
DS23 will be helping Emily move starting this weekend so I'll get to see him! And then he'll be back the following weekend - yay!

Any big plans for Valentine's Day, anyone?

None for us ~ but next week, we're going to St Louis to see The Book of Mormon at The Fox Theatre

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #78

My day has been great but no dress. Can't find the one. Did see a Tori Burch dress in a window but wouldn't be petite and a material that couldn't be shortened. I will try the good mall near home and if all else fails may have dress maker make a dress. I really need dresses for three occasions.

H
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, I didn't even think about the library. I just looked at the online card catalogue & they have the first few seasons of Justified. I looked for Fringe too, I watched seasons 1-4 on amazon prime, but there is a gap in season 5 unless I want to pay for each individual episode or buy the whole season.

DS19 wants a Cali burrito & rolled taco with guacamole from his favorite hole in the wall Mexican takeout place waiting on him when he gets home. Mostly he misses our local Mexican food.

We talked about going to one of our favorite local places for dinner tomorrow night, but I think we'll end up staying in.

Debbie, did you try on the Tori Burch dress? Her stuff fits me really well. Of course the style & cut make a huge difference.

Becky, Yeah! You are doing great, keep up the good work!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!

Hope all my favorite ladies have a LOVE-ly day!

Running late to work and will BBL!
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #81
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy Valentine's Day!

No plans here.

Lent? Don't think I am giving up anything. At least nothing as of yesterday - can't think of anything that would really be a sacrifice.

Well I have great news!
DD23 launched her photography business yesterday with the introduction of her FB page. If you haven't seen it, check it out on my wall. Hoping this is the beginning for her......she will have the engagement session coming soon, that she did with her first clients. So proud of her.

I Tory Burch stuff. I love her story too, lol.

Kelly - I always liked when DDs were on break too - no stress from school work! It will be nice that he doesn't have a lot of friends around too!

Good job on the loss Becky!

Hi Kaye!!!!

Off to a high school visit this morning!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, when DS19 & I talked yesterday he sounded tired & a little stressed. I know he's ready for a break. He wants to be an attorney & he jumped right into som upper level classes in his major. He's loving his classes but he had something like 4 major presentations in the first 3 days of this week. He's not easily stressed, so I'm sure it has been a tough week.

I'm not really giving anything up for Lent, but I am trying to add some things. I'm trying to start my day with a devotional. The other thing is I'm trying to not lose myself in whatever I'm doing in the evenings when everyone is home (especially things like Facebook & mindless Internet browsing) & actually pay more attention to what the guys are in the middle of (even if it doesn't seem interesting to me at first)

Kaye (& everyone else) happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #83
Princess Proofreader

Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #85
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY! It's Friday!

Had a great school visit yesterday.
However, the language and behavior of some high school students is apalling........I could tell you one story that would either make you laugh or your hair stand on end.
My group - without the student seeing us - just about died laughing.

DH and I didn't do anything for Vday - grilled steaks. Not that big of a deal for us.

I am off to work, to Milwaukee tomorrow for a meeting with caterer. Did I tell you DDs FMIL and I met for dinner? I am too lazy to look ^^^^ to see if I did. We are on the same page.

Kelly - I remember you doing something similar last year for Lent. I think that's a good idea!

What's up with everyone for the weekend?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello Ladies! I haven't disappeared completely!

Beginning of February was Padraic's party and then almost two weeks of candy gram sales at the middle school! First day I've been home and I need to clean, do laundry, and go to the bank! Yet, here I sit! lol!

Will pop in later! I promise!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #87
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Long and busy day.
I need to quit scheduling so many appointments in one day!

But my hair is cute, my eyes are fine, we have groceries, library books, prescriptions, .....

And I'm back to feeling puny!

I'm so ready for the weekend.

Hi Cindy!
Hi Jenn!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #88
Queen Bargain Shopper

Off to Milwaukee.
This daily grind of getting up, going to work, trying to fit everything in on the weekends.....it's tiring. I think I need a real vacation.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning! Busy day...Padraic is going over to a friend's house for a sleepover and Henry has been invited to a birthday party.

I've been under the weather for the past few days. Still not feeling the best.

Debating if I want to go to the grocery store. They are calling for some snow tonight and we are out of food (not really, but you know what I mean!) Besides that, we probably won't see any snow. Just feeling so blah!

The birthday party was a *huge* success. I think I mentioned we were going with a minecraft theme. The boys received buckets that they used to hold cubes they "mined" from the living room (like an Easter egg hunt), "crafted" the cubes for their goodie bag items (a "torch" [flashlight], gold gum, "iron" [Hershey kisses], "TNT" [pop rocks], a "diamond" [ring pop], and a "sword" [long glow stick]). Then they "explored" a "cave" (hallway that was the best part of the party. My in laws and Rhonda spent Friday night setting it up. They used double sided tape to put different sized chocolate gold coins and Hershey gold nuggets onto the walls of the hallway. It looked amazing! My FIL also hooked up a strobe light. At the end of the hallway, near the ceiling, they had rigged up a fairly large spider. On a signal from my MIL, my FIL let the spider go and it swung out at the boys. Great fun! After exploring, they were able to "mine" the walls. After that it was pizza, Creeper punch, and a Creeper cake that was a PITA to make, but looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself!

Next up: Bad Piggy (Angry Birds) Party for Henry. Neither Henry nor Millie has ever had a proper birthday party. With them both having a birthday in August and no real close friends, it makes it difficult. So I decided to do a party for each of them before school ends.

Off to start my day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #90
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm cleaning today because DS23 and his GF Emily will be here tomorrow.
She has a job in NOLA and we're the first stop on their way south.
He's helping her move in, and then will stop here again on his way back to Milwaukee.

Only 1 more room to put together and a little dusting to do - then I can get to the paper piles in the kitchen.
How do those happen?

Cindy - I don't know how you do it - I'd lose my mind.
I NEED at home time at least once a week!!

Jenn- WOW!!
What a fabulous party!!!

The gold and nuggets didn't harm the walls in the hallway?

DS20 has an August birthday and we always had a party right after school started so we could easily include everyone.

Kelly - I finally finished the 3rd season of Justified.
I have the 4th on the DVR now since it just started in January.
Great show!

Becky - is your kitty back home?

Debbie - how's your trip?

Kaye - come back more than one day at a time.