Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Lincoln Hawk
Stats: Current 264lbs Goal-Below 250 Male 6'0"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not quite so Big D View Post
Nice Ooba. I love spending money on power tools that I rarely use. It drives my wife crazy. Of course, then I counter with the why do you need 30 purses and 10 pairs of black shoes.
I try to stay away from the tool section at the home improvement stores for that reason. No wife to hear it from, just hate getting that credit card statement. Did I really need to buy that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Those 18v drills are monsters heh.

Has anyone tried the super fast rechargeable? I think it was a Craftsman and it came out 2 or 3 years ago if memory serves. It recharges in 2 minutes or something unbelievable like that.
Never heard of that really quick charge. I'd imagine that would be great for contractors as long as it's a decent tool. On big projects at home I'm always working faster than the battery that is charging. Hate having to wait for a battery.
Lincoln Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Ah, took me a bit but I found it. It is the Craftsman Nextec brand of tools. And it doesn't do a full charge but it will do a 25% charge in 3 minutes with a full charge in 30 minutes.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shiNer45
Stats: 208 / 179 / 170
WOE: Lower Carb, Exercise
Start Date: August 10, 2004
Nice drill Ooba, since its a ridgid make sure u see about signing up for the lifetime guarantee, im not sure if its available down in the states but it is up here, I have already used it to get a replacement battery.

One of the many reasons I buy ridgid, they warranty their stuff, plus they are good tools

things around here are the same, as in the same not terrible or good, still working shifts with an end to that monday, then back to normal days, now my wife got a full time job so my time has become tighter after work,

time to exercise lately has become non-existent. My daughter and I made a deal we start in next wednesday evening after my schedule gets back on track.
shiNer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiNer45 View Post
Nice drill Ooba, since its a ridgid make sure u see about signing up for the lifetime guarantee, im not sure if its available down in the states but it is up here, I have already used it to get a replacement battery.

One of the many reasons I buy ridgid, they warranty their stuff, plus they are good tools.
Yeah, solid tools and that warranty can't be beat. I'm always a little skeptical with guarantees/warranties etc., but I've heard from a few people like you who have already had batteries replaced. So, it sounds legit. Just need to remember to register.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty funny. I think everyone has had this happen to them and thought, really???

Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobatooba View Post
Pretty funny. I think everyone has had this happen to them and thought, really???
lol
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=oobatooba;16249544]Pretty funny. I think everyone has had this happen to them and thought, really???

yep! happens in the washroom and unfortunately same thing with cars in a parking lot,
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

This Urinal Test has been around for years:

The Urinal Game - Men! Test your level of bathroom etiquette
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I ate pretty crappy on Saturday, but cleaned it up on Sunday. Didn't get a single workout in, but was working pretty hard all weekend.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChasingBulk
Stats: 218/204/187 (6'0",43)
WOE: LeanGains
Start Date: 8/18/2014
2/1/2013 220
2/11/2013 220

Unfortunately, no change in weight, but eats have been good and exercise has been decent. With the way I'm eating and exercising, I should've been dropping weight by now. I'm hoping that my weight gain is either fat, water, or muscle gain, and not something else, but I'll try to be positive. I'm getting a little anxious about my hospital visit on the 22nd - wish it were today.

BigD,

Regarding Mardis Gras, I generally try to steer clear. When I first came to the city in 1996, I took my parents to a parade that was considered a "family" parade, which meant that there was no public nudity/less intoxication. Someone from a float threw a nice set of beads (probably cost $5, but worthless to me), and an adult stomped on another adult's fingers to acquire them. After seeing several similar incidents, I couldn't understand that form of entertainment, but there are millions of people that do, so maybe I'm an anomaly.

In the French Quarter area, people are pretty much packed together like sardines, and you don't move when you want to, you move when the crowd wants you to. There was an incident a few nights ago where someone shot a gun into the crowd and injured four people. A parade shooting is pretty commonplace, although it's usually gang related - a member of one gang targeting a member of another gang. I suppose they choose the parade because it makes them more difficult to catch.

When I first came to New Orleans, there was an incident where someone started peeing off the balcony into the Mardis Gras crowd. The recipients couldn't move quickly enough to avoid being the target, but they eventually got to the poles supporting the balcony and tried to climb them for revenge. The people on the balcony had anticipated this, so they had greased the poles, stopping the victims from obtaining their revenge.

I'd say that most of the people that live in the New Orleans metro area generally try to take a trip somewhere else (Disney World is popular) on Mardis Gras.

Although I do love the King Cakes, especially the cream cheese filled king. They're only available in the Mardis Gras season.
ChasingBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

02/04/2013 - 206
02/11/2013 - 203
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 265/215.8/190 (6'2")
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Original 2/9/04 restart too many times
2/4/13 - 217.6
2/11/13 - 217.2

Not much movement on the scale, despite having a pretty solid week. Hopefully I'll see a better drop this week. I've been feeling really good lately, so sticking on plan has been pretty easy.

Ooba - that is too funny.

Bulk - that sounds similar to my brother when he lived in Vegas. They never went down to the Strip unless people were in town visiting who wanted to do the Vegas thing.
Not quite so Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

reddarin- nice loss for the week.

bulk - mardis gras would not be for me. not into crowds at all, just have been that way my whole life. i am partial to an exposed boobie, but the rest seems like a nightmare. i know many who enjoy that kind of thing and it's probably on many people's bucket list in the party category.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stackdiesel
Stats: 238/196/Unknown
WOE: Low Carb
02/04/2013: 215
02/11/2013: 211

I've been sick since last Tuesday evening. Finally went to the doctor today and got an antibiotic. Kept telling myself I'd feel better the next day but the cough kept getting worse. Didn't get any kind of low-carb diet on track, but a general lack of appetite has me down a few for the week.

-Stack
Stackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChasingBulk
Stats: 218/204/187 (6'0",43)
WOE: LeanGains
Start Date: 8/18/2014
Pretty funny, Oobatooba - I'm partial to the same. Oddly enough, as long as I've lived here, I've never been down to the French Quarter during Mardis Gras.

My wife and I went to dinner with another couple and ended up staying out until midnight. The other couple wanted to take us to a club on Bourbon street, so we went with them. As soon as we got out of the car, there was a guy urinating off the balcony above our cars. While walking to the destination, we saw a young girl dressed nicely throwing up in the bushes. Also, we had 3 guys sort of tailing us on one side of the street, so we crossed over to the other side, and they followed, but nothing seemed to become of it.

That was on a "normal" New Orleans Bourbon street night. I can't imagine the mayhem of Mardis Gras.
ChasingBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

My work was rewarded with a nice drop on the scale this morning. Hopefully it will stick or go down a little more for weigh-in on Monday.

Bulk - Last time I was in NO, I might have been one of those drunk idiots! Of course that was 15+ years ago.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys,

still working a lot, sick as well like stack, finally got some antibiotics yesterday, hopefully they start working soon,

planning on starting exercise this monday, its a holiday so i have all day to get on it, lately the sick thing has zapped my breath, and with asthma i am short of breath doing normal things

weight is almost at the upper limit, will probably be there by monday, bought a bunch of good food, but when you are sick you dont feel like eating that stuff, its all about the comfort food for me,
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

2/11/13 - 217.2
2/18/13 - 215.0

Good week for me. I'm still not exercising enough, but eats have been on point.

Ken, I'm the same way when sick. Comfort foods all the way. Hopefully you'll be better soon.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: berighteous
Stats: 320's/258/200
Start Date: January 2012
1/01/12 320
2/01/13 271
2/18/13 269

Digital scale bouncing around today. Weighed 4 times, 262 once, 264 once, and 269 twice, so I'll call it that. It's been under 270 all week.

Been fairly good this week, except for the problems the girl scouts caused. "Please, mister, will you buy some cookies?" They didn't come to my door last year, so I had to make it up this year. I'm a sucker for any little kid selling anything foody.
berighteous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eats were pretty bad this weekend for me, but cleaning it up today. I got a bit of a wake up call on Saturday when I ordered chicken nachos from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Had just paid and was waiting for my order when I noticed a laminated piece of paper by the register. At closer look I see my name and usual order on this paper along with a few other peoples. I guess it's kinda like a cheat sheet for the people taking the orders since they know me by name and will just ask if I want my usual when I call. Maybe I need to take it down a notch at this place. I've pretty much completely given up fast food and Chinese takeout, and really don't do pizza too often, it's just Mexican that has firm grip on me. I don't think I could ever give it up.

Nice job BigD and Berighteous.

Ken - Same way with the comfort food when sick. What gets me is when I eat a bunch of junk that I really can't even taste from the stuffed nose. You'd think that would be the time to turn it down.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Was getting changed to exercise today and then got called into work. by the time I came home I didnt have it in me. Tomorrows another day.

Feeling better in the sick dept, antibiotics taking hold. Also feeling fat too, no ones fault but mine, just bad choices. Made my lunch today with a heck of a lot better choices in it. Goign to kick it up a notch as the week goes by.

hard time of the year for me, usually buy this time we book a vacation south, and that motivates me to lose the wieght and exercise, this year we went in december so nothing planned, gotta get in the groove

Anyone up for an exercise challenge, also throw in some better eating, name it and i will hop on board!!!! I need a kick in the pants.

Working an extra shift tomorrow at my old work, going to try to keep busy to burn a bit more off.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Marvin
Stats: WT=410/345/225?
WOE: Atkins induction, Bernstein
Start Date: Which time?
Hello gents. Been AWOL for awhile. Back on track and loving it.

All time high 410
Current weight 347.5
Total pounds from high 62.5

Also looking for some input. I posted this in the main lobby, but figured some of you don't go there very often, plus I figure men are the best sources of info on this.

I'm looking to do a "crash start" to this current effort. I'm seriously looking to drop 30 lbs in 30 days. I know it's doable, but a challenge. Yes, I realize a fair amount of that will be water weight, and yes I know that the scale is not the ultimate judge, but it's really the only reliable measurement for 30 days.

I know the first time I did LC, I lost 18 lbs in the first 14 days. Don't know what I did the remaining 16 days, but probably did 30 in 30 then. However, I'm starting lower now, and I know that each "start" seems to be less "rapid."

For you guys who have dropped large amounts, or known folks that have, what is the answer? I'm thinking either Meat and Eggs (all or mostly) or Atkins 72, minimizing carbs as much as possible. At the end of 30, I will transition back to a more balanced program, but would really like to tear off 30 for the first 30 days.

Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

2/04 – 206.4
2/11 – 203.4
2/18 – 202.4

Not great for the week but not bad for the month.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Hello gents. Been AWOL for awhile. Back on track and loving it.

All time high 410
Current weight 347.5
Total pounds from high 62.5

Also looking for some input. I posted this in the main lobby, but figured some of you don't go there very often, plus I figure men are the best sources of info on this.

I'm looking to do a "crash start" to this current effort. I'm seriously looking to drop 30 lbs in 30 days. I know it's doable, but a challenge. Yes, I realize a fair amount of that will be water weight, and yes I know that the scale is not the ultimate judge, but it's really the only reliable measurement for 30 days.

I know the first time I did LC, I lost 18 lbs in the first 14 days. Don't know what I did the remaining 16 days, but probably did 30 in 30 then. However, I'm starting lower now, and I know that each "start" seems to be less "rapid."

For you guys who have dropped large amounts, or known folks that have, what is the answer? I'm thinking either Meat and Eggs (all or mostly) or Atkins 72, minimizing carbs as much as possible. At the end of 30, I will transition back to a more balanced program, but would really like to tear off 30 for the first 30 days.

Thoughts?
Dunno about the 30 day thing. But, to kickstart yourself...

Keep total carbs under 15 grams a day. Under 10g if you can. Total carbs not net.

No PUFA oils.

No frankenfoods.

Keep your calories reasonable. Like around 2000 - 2500. Don't go too low.

Eat about 165g of protein. The rest of your calories should be almost entirely mono and sat fats. Coconut oil is a great fat and has great side benefits. Enjoy some HWC floats.

Supplement with fish oil, magnesium, potassium, multivitamin. Check for interactions with any meds you take - BP meds and potassium are not good together for example.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

What's an HWC float?

Ken, I'm up for a challenge. I need more motivation to get my exercise in.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Heavy Whipping Cream and diet soda. Man it taste good.

I reckon just about any flavor of soda is good.

Orange
Rootbeer
Coke Zero
Big Red
Diet DP

I don't care much for the diet cherry flavored sodas with HWC.

It is a great way to get your fat intake up.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not quite so Big D View Post
What's an HWC float?

Ken, I'm up for a challenge. I need more motivation to get my exercise in.
Dang. I'm glad you mentioned exercise.

Don't exercise for your 30 day challenge. You are not going to promote quick weight loss with exercise. If you do exercise keep it to a bare minimum and only resistance type exercises. Like, less than 30 mins every other day. But it is best just to avoid it since your focus is on a quick turn around.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I should have figured that one out. I do them with sparkling water and torani or davinci syrups. And yes, they are good.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hhatred
WOE: Atkins NDR
Quote:

I reckon just about any flavor of soda is good.

Orange
Rootbeer
Coke Zero
Big Red
Diet DP

I don't care much for the diet cherry flavored sodas with HWC.

It is a great way to get your fat intake up.

Just tried this and it is awesome. I used diet rootbeer. Very cold. Tastes like a rootbeer float. Who woulda thunk? You = genius.

I'm back to atkins this year. Did it in previous years with great success...like anything, it does not work if you don't do it.

I am convinced that this WOE can be done for life. That is going to be what I need.

Jan. 01, 2013 335 + (scale just says error)
Feb 01, 2013 335+ (same)
Feb. 19, 2013 334 (scale finally not freaking out)

Greeat thread.

Sirloin
hhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

If you like Coke Zero, try it with that. It was my absolute favorite till I finally got a bit tired of coke zero.

Deborah and Buffy on our NK thread are the ones that turned me on to it back in September last year. Now I drink them almost every day.