Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Charlene--you snuck in while I was writing my post. I KNEW you would blow out your best time. FANTASTIC! I am very proud of you! Sounds like a great time. So great that your DD got in the game, even if only for a minute. She is going to be a star player! Now take it easy and rest!

Have a good one. The daffodils are blooming here. I told dh yesterday that we should name our house. We call it Daffodil Hill. Also yesterday dh and I were talking about the difficulties of the last year (our neighbors were showing their unit yesterday to prospective renters) and he made a comment that I'm on sabbatical. I love using that term. It is so much better than unemployed or retired. And its true, I'm now about rediscovering and recharging after going hard for so many years. If I were in the IT business I would have a new job in a New York minute. But my profession has been hit really hard. I think I'm going to have to start my own practice. I'm still in the middle of the grieving process. A week ago I was ready to get out there and reach out. Last week, I couldn't do anything. I pulled back in. Its just a process. This too shall pass.

Anyway--have a great relaxing day.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/130/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Evening Slimmers!

Got home at 3:30 this morning from show choir. Sleeping on the bus was next to impossible. I am way too old to ride a school bus over 6 hours in 1 day. I have the show choir hangover today so I doing the bare minimum. I am eating 100% on plan so that's a big plus.

This week is going to be crazy so I am not even sure if I will get a chance to post. It is our show choir invitational all next weekend. I am the event co-chair so things will be NUTS this week.

Gotta brag about DD14. Yesterday morning she was home with her dad before he went to work. She did the dishes and put them all away. She did laundry including putting it all away. I love that girl! She always thinks of things to do on her own without being asked. The reason she told me was because she knew that I would be tired today and she didn't want me to have to worry about it.

beth: Wish we had daffodils blooming here!

charlene: WTG on your 5K!!! You are rockin girl!!

diane: HI!
hhhmom74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Got in an upper body workout. I may be sore tomorrow. I did weight that I was using back when I was doing the LiveFit program. It seemed very manageable - just haven't pushed that hard in a while. DD14 has another practice game tonight at 7:00 so I will finally get to see her dressed out varsity style. I did not do any yard work yesterday. I guess I needed the rest, plus I had a ton of laundry.

Beth - I love your attitude. I really like the term sabbatical too! Very fitting for what you've gone through this past year. Hope this week is good for you.

Rachel - yikes. That bus ride sounds like a nightmare. I imagine with this busy week, you won't get to recover much either. Hope you can squeeze in some rest time.

Diane - how was your weekend?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Had a good nights sleep and am feeling pretty good today. My leg isn't quite a sore and I'm going to see the chiropractor again this morning. Lots of errands to run. We've already had the guy out to clean out our dryer duct since we got the dryer fixed last week. It was pretty dirty. With a hairy beast (the dogs not dh) it is easy to get it clogged up.

Charlene--glad you got some rest so you're more ready for the week. I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow, at least for some cardio. I need to get back on plan, the virus and the leg thing have really thrown me off. Feeling OK this week so far. Last week was tough.

Diane--what's up with you? I loved the pictures of Meadow. She is just so precious.

Rachel--I couldn't spend an hour on a school bus. You are stronger than I am. Try to check in, even for a quick sentence, just so we can see your smiling face.

Have a great day all. Must head out the door.

Beth
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Late night last night and I am tired but am going to try and squeeze in a leg workout here after my coffee. Our girls lost in overtime last night - still a practice game and dd14 did not see any action this time. We play for real either Thursday or Friday against a very aggressive team for bi district. Sure hope we can pull this off. To be ranked #1 in our classification - our girls have not played like a #1 team these last two games. Lots of turnovers.

Beth - hope you make it to the gym and can back into your routine again.

Rachel - hope you are surviving the craziness.

Hiya Diane! What's new with the party drama? LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Sorry I've been MIA.. been busy and under the weather. Started feeling like I was getting a stomach bug Saturday, but got Meadow overnight anyway. Took her to see Wreck it Ralph.. it was cute! I'm the only one that has ever taken her to the movie theater and that was our second time.. and she was SO good! She was so excited and the next day she asked to go back.

Her mom did it to me AGAIN She asked me when to meet Sunday to pick up Meadow, and I said noon. She said ok.. so Sunday I text her and ask if someone is still meeting me (knowing her I always ask).. no reply. So I go anyway in case its her mom meeting me... no one there! I wait 30 minutes and still no response to my text msgs. So I go back home. I decided to prep a few canvases, and Meadow asked if she could help.. it was then that I got the idea to take her to get her own little canvas. They had a set of acrylic paints in those little plastic connected jars like the poster paints we used as kids.. very nice! Perfect for her to use so I dont have to use my expensive paints! She was so cute and so serious, but so proud of her painting!!! Anyway, I ended up taking her to my sons house since he saw that I had her and I told him her mom was supposed to get her 4 hours earlier... by then she sent me a text saying Sorry my phone has been messing up, and said she would get her from my son. UGH. Phone messing up... whatever.. she knew she was supposed to be there at noon, phone or not. She told my son that she was sleeping. Must be nice being a mother of two that is able to sleep all day because you were probably partying all night. Oh well, I had extra fun with Meadow.. I just didn't get any homework done myself. Im tempted to say I will only take her if her grandma meets me from now on, but I dont want to sound like I dont want to get Meadow.. its just that if I have plans I cant count on her being picked up on time.

Still hanging around 191-2. Found out for Lent my boss is not buying any packaged cookies or chips! Woo hoo! That ought to make it easier at work! I've been eating good for the most part, but need to eat LESS. I went to step class Saturday and felt pretty good! No headache! Sunday I had Meadow so I couldnt go, and yesterday I was still feeling sick. Last night I went home after work and ate, then I fell into a COMA. I was exhausted all of a sudden. I woke up around midnight feeling queasy and slightly achey. This morning still not great, but better. I guess a bug finally caught up with me, but it seems mild. Hopefully I feel good enough for step tomorrow. I only have 2 1/2 weeks until San Diego! I have to at LEAST get into the low 80s!

Charlene: No more drama! It almost all blew up with a post from little sister.. saying how she has worked hard and only gotten negativity or silence.. I told her it came across as snarky and she about quit! (She was still really upset my nieces comments).. I told her I know she didnt mean it that way, but she needed to add to it. I feel like Im the neutral sister that has to keep putting out the fires. I sure put that one out! I had to "talk her down" so to speak, lol. So older sister replies that she is ok with everything and had only complained about the place but was fine now.. ummm, just the day before she was telling me how she was still trying to get ahold of this other place... and mentioned the uncomfortable chairs at the place it is being held.

Beth: I saw flowers popping up from the ground here too! And it's still only February! We have had a pretty mild winter, so I guess thats why.. and off and on warm days. Mother Nature is probably quite confused at this point. Typical Cincinnati weather though! -- I have never had such a hard time finding a job! I haven't gotten ANY calls.. just emails from scammers!

Rachel: Oh yuck! I wouldn't be able to sleep on a school bus either! No way! They are so loud and bumpy! Your daughter sounds like a real sweetie! I love when my kids do things without me having to tell them.. it's rare
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. My leg is not so sore today so I am going to the gym to ride the bike and see how I do. I have another appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow anyway. I've already started a batch of chicken tortilla soup. DH is getting sick again, hopefully he will get better soon. He's really feeling overwhelmed now. He needs a break to get away, and a little tlc.

Diane--hope whatever bug had got you will be gone in no time. I bet you can't wait to get to San Diego. Those pictures with Meadow were so precious. She is having such a precious time with her Nana. Very very special. Good for you for talking your little sister down. Party planning is always stressful.

Charlene--sorry to hear that DD's team lost. Texas takes their sports very seriously. Did you get your leg workout in this morning?

Rachel--how sweet of your DD! She sounds like such a super kid! Hope you're surviving.

OK-I gotta get to the gym when DH comes back from his walk with the dog.

Have a good one.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I am SO EXCITED for this weekend! ......because I have NOTHING to do! LOL! I am tired! I want to work in the yard and clean house and sleep in. dd14 playoff basketball game is this Friday night. From this point on, we have to win to stay in. After a week of playing/practicing with the varsity, dd14 came home smiling and telling me she did so good in practice, scoring three times on the starting post. dd12 is still conditioning for track and she is not sure what events she will be in yet. When I got in the workout room yesterday and looked at my notebook, it was a shoulder workout and I did get it in and now today is legs. Heading out there after I hit send. I'm ready to run again too.

I ate way too much yesterday. I was a bottomless pit. HATE that feeling.

Beth - scrub your house down with Lysol or something! Ya'll just keep passing that stuff back and forth. Do you think it's lack of rest that could be contributing? Sure hope you dodge this one.

Diane - so glad to see you back. Glad the party is still in motion and it seems things have calmed down. Your painting was gorgeous!!! You really have a talent for that! The face looked amazing! That's a tough call on Meadow's mom. You want to scream, "Grow up" but in the same breath, you don't want to tick her off and her withhold Meadow from you. I know that feeling - my sister has the same issues when she keeps her grand babies....and she keeps 3 at a time - one being a baby! She is worn out when they go home. Same thing - they stay out all night partying and then sleep most of the next day.

Rachel - hope things are going well with you this crazy week.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

DH is still sick and I think I'm getting it too! It may just be a rerun of the cold that we had. I hear that its an Alcoholics Anonymous cold--it keeps coming back! I did make it to the gym yesterday and rode the bike for 30 minutes, did a little core work (flying supermans on the ball and the forward roll on the ball) and stretching. My leg is still a little sore but not nearly as bad and I've not taken any ibuprofen-yet. I go to the chiropractor in 40 minutes.

Charlene--do you have Monday off for Presidents Day? We don't have anything planned for this weekend either and plan on finishing cleaning out the garage and our storage unit. I hope I feel better this afternoon so I can work out in the garage for a few hours. Hope your DD's team wins on Friday so they can keep on going.

Diane--what a cool poster! And you got credit! I have to start signing my photographs. The webmaster for Rumors website did give me credit for the photography, which was really nice. How are you feeling

Rachel--how are you all doing?

Have a great day!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #40

Good morning slimmers!

It is crazy here this week and is only going to get crazier for the next 3 days. On the plus side DD18 is coming home for the weekend to help backstage. She even passed up a trip to Chicago with her college so she could come back and help out.

Things should start to calm down a bit next week. I really need to get back on strict LC and exercising.

Beth: hope you arent getting sick and your DH feels better soon.

Charlene: you signed up for any more 5Ks? Enjoy your weekend!

Diane: Meadow is adorable!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

The scale is going the wrong way again! What is WRONG with that scale? It seems to be confused! I know, I have to own up to some of my choices this week.. and the fact that I've been eating too much as well. So much for inspiration! I think I'm just really stressed out, so my focus hasn't been where it should be I guess. I don't think I've been to the gym yet this week! No wonder I feel out of sorts! I'm feeling better but not 100%. I was all dressed and ready to go to pilates and my friend said she was running too late to make it, so I asked if she wanted to just do machines instead, but she didn't reply (text) and I got busy with something else. Ugh. Oh.. Im off Friday and Monday! Yay! Maybe I can spend some extra time at the gym.

Trouble in paradise? My ex took DD and DS20 to dinner... well, actually they had to drive all the way down to where he lives, but he took them to a Korean restaurant, and they both really liked it. They told me that he was saying he doesn't care anymore if Brandie (his wife) wants to go or not, that he was going to have dinner with his kids and blah blah blah. Its about TIME! I had suggested a long time ago that he have dinner with the kids once a week in addition to his every other weekend, and he agreed, but when his wife found out, she was like "What about us?" (her and her kids) so they always ended up going too! It was supposed to be time with HIS kids ding dong.. not you and yours! Ugh. So finally he gets it I guess. The kids have been very very disappointed with their dad (as you know) but it seems he is trying to make amends? Maybe... I am always suspicious of his motives. He knows that in a few more months he isn't paying my rent and I will have to move to a smaller place.. I wonder if his game is to play nice and try to get them to move in with him. I wouldn't put it past him! They won't.. they've been there done that and know all too well what that is like! Because of his actions they hardly ever see or talk to him.. I was surprised they had dinner with him, but glad in a way, because I want them to have a good relationship with him... but thats up to him not being an idiot.

Charlene: I hate the bottomless pit syndrome too! Some days I just AM one, and can do little to stop it. Oh... and cookies are the devil. When you said you were excited about the weekend I was thinking.. oh what fun thing does she have planned now? NOTHING! I love those nothing weekends.. although sometimes I am TOO much of a slug.

Beth: It was so funny how I happened to see the flyer in Starbucks. When I got to painting class they had a stack of them, so I grabbed a few. I submitted 5 things for the spring "issue" and contest.. (Rescue Me, King, Freedom, Renaissance Girl, and the realistic horse.. I named it "Chardoneigh"... get it? I thought it was cute. Now it would be great if I won the 100 bucks! === Good for you getting to the gym! But sheeeeesh! Stop getting sick!!!

Rachel: Bet you are SO happy DD is coming home for the weekend! You and me both on the eating and exercise!
Annie64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

DH is really sick. He's off of work for the rest of the week. He is just miserable. I feel for him. I just don't want it back-not what I want for valentines day. I've planned a special meal-cherry stuffed chicken breast. I was thinking about going to the gym but I'm still pretty sore and I have some things to do around the house. I'll see how I feel later. I'm worried that I might get this again. DH kept waking me up last night with his coughing and he finally came downstairs at 3:30 am. The dog stayed in bed until 7 today.

Diane--what is wrong with the scales! I'm hoping you get better soon so you'll be ready to head back to the gym. Me too!

Rachel--how great that your dd is coming home for the weekend. Hope the invitational is great and that afterwards it will be easier for you to stay on track.

Charlene--how are you doing today.

Time to go scrub the deck!

Have a good day!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope I'm not jinxing myself.. but two days ago I went in to my fav. furniture store to see what kind of beds they had for Meadow (my son wants to get her one and I told him I have a credit there he can use).. well, they just happened to have a pt office help wanted sign on the door! Anyway, I got an application, and when I took it back today I got an on-the-spot interview! I think it went REALLLY well. The lady was older and super nice and easy to talk to.. I felt very comfortable and not nervous. The only problem is they want someone T & W nights.. and weekends (about 20 hours a week, with possibly more picked up here and there).. I told her I have a class W nights for the next few months, and she noted that, she said she may be able to work around that until then. She was also ok with my upcoming trip to San Diego! Ohhhhh I really want this one.. I feel like I would fit in perfectly there. It's just casual enough and everyone seems super nice. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed! ..... It's only part time, but its a foot in the door and more experience, and who knows? Maybe I could do sales by day and office by night

Beth: Oh man, that sucks about your DH.. you two have been through the sickness wringer! I hope you don't get it from him!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are all doing well and had an enjoyable Valentine's Day. DH was home sick all day, he didn't sleep well the night before, which meant I didn't either. And while he slept well last night, I didn't. I moved to the couch at 4 this morning. But he seems to be feeling better today--he is up and out to work for a few hours. I scrubbed our entry deck yesterday with deck wash and it looks beautiful. It was in the upper 60s yesterday and will be again today. I have a chiropractic appointment this morning. My leg throbbing was one of the reasons I couldn't go back to sleep this morning. We also had a Home Owners Association meeting and I self-nominated for the Board. We'll see what happens. Today I'm going to work on cleaning out the garage some more. I found a place to donate my mom's walker and shower chair, so I will take those in next week. I always prefer to donate things when I can to those that can use them.

Charlene--the do nothing weekend is almost here!

Diane--sounds like a great opportunity. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on that job

Rachel--hope you are having fun.

Have a good day everyone.

BTW, my proscuitto wrapped cherry stuffed chicken breasts were great!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Yikes! I did really bad yesterday, but by some miracle the scale is the same as yesterday (which is still up). I have a 4-day weekend, and I'm am doing GREAT today. There was NO WAY I could get to step class this morning though.. I was up until 2:30am taking a psych exam (and attacked a box of Girl Scout cookies in the meantime).. it was 3 hours long! So.. when my workout buddy said she couldn't go, I was FINE with getting more sleep.. I really needed it and I would have been a total zombie otherwise. I may still go to the gym in a bit to do some cardio and maybe weights (no class) if my back stops hurting. It's behind one of my shoulders and its hard to move. I think it's an "exam injury"

So anyway, I have 4 days at home, and I plan to be very strict. I reeeeally don't feel like eating any junk at all. I am actually craving hard boiled eggs right now! So far all I have had is an Atkins protein shake. Other than that I plan to get a lot of painting done. If I stay busy I don't eat as much.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Did great today! Kept busy and focused.. I never did make it to thy gym, but tomorrow for SURE. My back/shoulder still hurts, but not so bad to move as this morning. My focus right now is to get through until Tuesday not cheating at all. I had to buy a box of GS cookies today though to replace the ones I opened last night (they were my workout buddy's cookies LOL.. I knew the girl scouts would be at the store this weekend and I could replace them, so yeeeahh... I did NOT buy any for myself even for later! Yay me! You all know what a freakin cookie monster I am, so that was an accomplishment! There IS that open box that is still half full, but I feel sick just thinking about them, so I will not be eating any of them.

Beth: Glad DH seems to be feeling better.. Man oh man that chicken sounds delish! Good luck with the HOA board.. when will you know what happens with that?

Hi Charlene and Rachel.. hope you had a great Friday! I guess we lost Tom...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! Having coffee and then hitting the treadmill for an hour! I have not been strict at all about food intake or the kind of food I'm eating or anything. Have to do some food prep. I think I'll boil some eggs too. My plan today is to do some light house cleaning, but it's going to be sunny and I want to work in the yard! Dh gave me bulbs for Valentines Day so I need to get those in the ground. DD14's team won the Area championship last night so we advance! We play next Tuesday night. So stinking exciting. She did not get any floor time, but she is just as psyched about being a part of a playoff team.

Diane - I sure hope that job opportunity presents itself. That sounds like a neat place to work. That's good your ex may finally be realizing what it takes to be a dad - hopefully he will continue to see his kids and interact positively with them.

Beth - let us know how the board appointment goes. You would definitely be a good one for the place - and an advocate for those who run into problems like you had before. You know what needs to be done. Glad your dh is better and hopefully you both stay well and able to enjoy the nice weather.

Rachel - what an awesome surprise for your dd to come home and help! That'll make the hard work more enjoyable and manageable being able to see her face. Enjoy your time together!

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

I'm afraid I may be catching dh's cold. I'm not really sick, but I'm feeling it in my chest so I'll have to be really on top of my asthma meds. I spent a lot of time cleaning out the garage yesterday and will be in there more today also. In going through the boxes I found my mom's recipe box and in it my favorite brownie recipe from my aunt. I was thinking about it at christmas but didn't know where to find it. I've posted it on FB and my cousins are thrilled to have a copy of it. It is dated from 1960! I am probably going to make it tomorrow. Its not real sweet and is more cakey than most brownies. The recipe box is over 75 years old, it has my mom's maiden name in it.

Charlene--congrats to your DD's team. Even if she didn't get any floor time she's playing with a championship team--by the time she's a senior she will be mopping up the floor with all of their opponents. Enjoy a nice quiet weekend.

Rachel--when is the invitational over so you can get a rest?

Diane--how is your shoulder/back feeling? GS cookies are my downfall. I so love thin mints and I did buy some (and devour some). Did you get to the gym today?

I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I head out to work on the garage more.

Have a good one.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Got up this morning and went to step class.. my shoulder didn't hurt, but I skipped the push-ups. Felt great, it's been a whole week since I've worked out! I was good all day yesterday and the scale went down some today, and today I've been very good as well. After the gym I checked out Macy's Presidents Day sale.. I found 3 tops, one for 6 bucks, one for 8, and one for 14.. great deals! (They took 30% more off the clearances prices)!

Beth: I love those Thin Mints too! (those and the shortbread cookies are my favs) but for some reason they don't appeal to me right now - shocking I know! That half-full box of cookies that were left from the other night? I looked inside, and there were actually only TWO LEFT!!! I mean, I know there aren't that many in the box (Samoa's) but I had no idea I ate that many! No more eating during an exam.. especially one that lasts 3 hours! (and yes, the two cookies are still in the box ... Hope you aren't getting DHs cold! ... I saw the picture of the recipe box.. it's beautiful! What a special thing to find! Brownies are one of my biggest downfalls

Charlene: Woo hoo on DD's team winning the championship! How exciting! Sometimes I miss my kids being younger and all their activities - especially dance. I miss being a "dance mom!" Maybe I can get Meadow into ballet and tap when she is a little older Yes, that job would be nice, and the hours would allow me to either get another part time job or even a full time. I HATE getting my hopes up again though.

Rachel: I know you are busy busy busy this weekend! Enjoy your time with DD being home for the weekend too!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I walked 4 miles yesterday evening and am up early to do an arm and cardio workout. Back on track 100%! Worked in the yard Saturday and got three beds dug up and replanted plus raked some leaves. Worked a little on the pool trying to get the chemicals right so it won't be hard to upkeep once the warmer weather hits.

Diane - I love sales! Glad you found some tops you liked. Yay for you for getting to the gym!

Beth - NOoooooooo.....you can't get sick again. I think it's time to call in Hazmat and sterilize your house. I love finding old awesome recipes! I still have some of my grandmother's in a box in the cabinet. I need to dig those out.

Rachel - hope the weekend was successful!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I had one of THOSE days yesterday.. absolutely no control. I may as well admit what I did.. It was BAAAAD! Remember how I was saying the cookies didn't even appeal to me? Well that didn't last long! I was doing just fine.. went to the gym, did step class.. skipped pilates because I didn't have the energy.. went to the store, and decided to buy a "couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies for LATER" - like, I was thinking weeks or months from now. I put them up in my closet thinking I wouldn't touch them). What a DUMB idea! I kid you not.. I ended up eating BOTH boxes! YES ALL OF THEM!!! (not in one sitting, but they were gone by the time I went to bed feeling disgusting). Sooo, a box of the shortbread cookies, and a box of the lemon cookies. What the heck is WRONG with me? Who does that??? Holy cow, and I do mean COW! Moo.

On top of that (and there is a bright side kind of).. I decided to have Indian food. I haven't been back to my favorite place in over a YEAR. I just couldn't bring myself to go there because "we" used to go there.. a LOT. It ended up not being too bad! I had ordered take-out ahead and didn't even feel too bad being in there! So yay about that! I just ordered chicken tikka masala, no naan, and didn't eat all of it. Oh boy I missed my "old friend".. it was sooo yummy! I did have a Coke with it. Ok, so it was PROGRESS. (Not diet-wise) Besides that, I realized I have a major problem. I don't think its normal how many times HE pops into my mind in a day! It of course doesn't help that there are CONSTANT reminders EVERYWHERE, but I found something that helps! As SOON as he starts to pop into my mind, I immediately think of something else.. always the same thing, that has nothing to do with him. I think it's working! Feeling kind of pathetic admitting all of this stuff but it is what it is. I realize I may never have the answers I need. I haven't heard from him in weeks. I am really trying to MAKE myself get over him. Hardest thing I've ever had to do!

With all of that mess said.. I am doing extremely well today. I am partially trying to make amends for yesterday lol.. keeping busy working on my painting.

Charlene: Woo hoo for being 100% on track! I know how great that feels! Like I said, I have been good today, but I still feel super guilty about my huge binge yesterday! Ugh!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow.. so funny.. it never fails. I swear he and I have some kind of weird connection. It's like he senses that I am giving up and trying to get over him... he started chatting with me on fb just now. He still wants my painting.. two of them actually Seriously though.. EVERY time I feel like I'm giving up or making a serious effort to get past this, he somehow senses it and I get a text, or a chat... Regardless, I'm going to continue doing what I've been doing because talking to him can only put him MORE on my mind and that is not going to be helpful. How many times have I gotten a shred of hope and then a few more months go by? I can't say I would be ruling everything out at this point.. I still think something will happen down the road.. I just don't know what or when.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I slept in a tad because we have the playoff game tonight. I'm going to do ab ripper x and some pushups in my living room as soon as I'm done with my coffee. Had a good day eating - but I think I ate too much - I've got this thing now where I don't want to be hungry and so I keep eating legal foods. I'm really sore from the last two days work outs and my wrists are sore from working in the flower beds.

Diane - I swear to you those cookie box episodes sound like that girl in the book I'm reading about binge eating. I started reading it and basketball got in the way, but I'm going to try and finish it. I need to get to the meat of the book myself because I've done things like that too. I simply can't buy stuff like that - I'm not in a place emotionally where I'm able to say no or turn it down. I've proved it to myself time and again. On the man thing - whatever's meant to be will be - but don't lock yourself up and hope for that. Precious time is going by - and just getting out - like to your Indian place (YAY!) may be where someone new sweeps you off your feet or you and he reconnect. Who knows. From an outsider's view - it's like he gives you just enough not to forget and move on but not enough for what you deserve. Now - focus on that trip and don't but anymore cookies! LOL!!!

Beth - and Rachel - hope all is well with you girls!

Have a great day! It'll be late one for me with a 7:00 p.m. basketball game over an hour away.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Did awesome yesterday.. painting kept me busy! So I am back down the 3 lbs I gained from my binge. I realize that TOM is due in about a week.. THAT might explain why I went crazy! I feel in control today, and have no desire to cheat. I wouldn't eat ANY kind of cookie if it was right in front of me. I have 10 days until I go to San Diego, so I have got to at least lose enough weight to where I feel comfortable in my clothes again! So far today all I have had is my frappucino.

I'm pretty worried about my knee (it's always something isn't it? Getting older stinks!).. My knees sometimes feel a little sore, and it was more of an on-going thing lately, so I modified in step class.. no risers, and if the lunges bothered me, I wouldn't do them. I even had a week off of not going to the gym at all.. I go and take a step class Sat, and Sun, no problems with my knees, THEN sometime yesterday my left knee started really hurting! I don't know what the heck is going on with it. I didn't bump it or hurt it in any way! And it's a different feeling than the soreness when I do step sometimes. This is PAIN. Last night it was pretty painful and if I moved it just the wrong way.. ouch! It seems better today, but I'm babying it. I don't want to miss step classes, but there is no way with how my knee feels. What bad timing! I have 10 days until my trip!

Charlene: I normally don't buy things, even for the kids, if I know they are a temptation for me, but I thought it was safe to get the cookies (duh!) Because you can't get them after a while, I thought I should get them and save them. Bad idea. ==== Yep, you are so right. He is not a cruel person, so I don't really understand why he would keep talking to me, giving me shreds of hope, and especially wanting to hang my paintings in his house. It's odd. Unless in his mind there IS hope. It always seems to go back to me feeling like he just wasn't ready for as serious as we were, maybe in part because he had things he had to deal with in his life. The timing wasn't so good.. doesn't make it right what he did or how he did it, but nothing else really makes sense to me. That is my gut feeling.. because everything was wonderful.. I have never known two people more perfect for each other. I think it was cold feet. From what I know of him, if there was NO chance at ALL for us, he would not be talking to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell. I'm just not ready to get back out there. I have thought about it, and it just doesn't appeal to me... every time you meet someone you have the same old conversation, ask and answer the same questions.. it gets old. Guys our age are so darn picky and stuck in there ways too.. ugh. One guy on Match actually had a LONG list of do's and dont's on his profile! I'm like.. good luck! That person doesn't exsist! Sometimes I think I will end up an old cat lady... but replace the cats with chihuahuas.. or maybe miniature donkeys.. hermiting myself in my house and doing art and cuddling with my pets.

Hi Beth and Rachel! Ill check back later to see if you posted!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Ohhh boy! I got a text today from Meadow's mom: "I've got your Girl Scout cookies.. 4 boxes.. it's $14" I totally forgot about ordering those! So I will have 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 2 more boxes of the shortbread cookies. I actually think I'm ok. I had another perfect day food-wise, and with San Diego so close, it's becoming real that I'm really going! Nope.. no cookies. Hmmm... I COULD give them away! Nahhhhh!

Speaking of cookie binges.. My boss told me that over the weekend their labradoodle Katie ate 4 DOZEN homemade chocolate chip cookies! (and she makes em big!) Today when I got there there was a whole loaf of homemade banana bread on the floor! She nibbled but didn't really eat much.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #56

Good Morning Slimmers!

Things are still crazy here! If it's not one thing it is another. I seriously need just 1 single day to myself so I can focus on me. I hate admitting that but I am just about ready to crash.

Tomorrow is FFA Petting Zoo. DD14 is taking her grandpa's donkey and peacock. So I need to focus on that tomorrow. I will be taking my 2 nephews to that tomorrow. DD14 is following right in DD18's footsteps in FFA and that makes me so darn proud. Not to mention how proud DD18 feels about her.

DD18 leaves on a mission trip is a little over 2 weeks. She is heading to Seattle for 10 days with 11 other Eureka College students. They will be working with homeless teenagers. I have mixed emotions about this. I am super proud, excited for her but worried that she will be 2,000+ miles from me.

DS's show choir director talked to me this past weekend about him. She said she's so proud of him this year. He has grown so much and stepped up to the plate nicely this year.

Thanks for letting me chat about my kids. I have been emotional a lot lately. My babies are growing up so fast. My youngest 2 will be celebrating their 15th and 16th birthdays next month and I think that is hitting me extra hard.

Well, I am far from being perfect on plan and there is no exercise in sight. I really need to get back on the wagon. I am trying to take it hour by hour to see if that'll help me.

I will try to get back on tonight for personals. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh it feels great to be back in control. Down another pound this morning, but I'm only back down to 192.8, so still way way up. I felt kind of puffy this morning, but I don't think I drank enough water yesterday, so today I will try to do better with that. I did go to step class.. my knee feels a LOT better, but I was afraid of blowing my knee out, so I took it pretty easy. Sometimes I didn't use the bench, sometimes I did.. I left out most of the lunges and plie's. Tomorrow is pilates, so that shouldn't bother my knee.

Rachel: My gosh but you are a busy woman! Your kids sound awesome! That is so neat that DD18 is going on that mission trip! Sounds like a great opportunity and experience for her!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

just lost a post. arggghhhh.

sorry i've been mia. been fighting this cold and hibernating.

hope you are all well
Old 02-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Up and at 'em to work out. I slept in yesterday because of the basketball game the night before - which we WON! Going to the regional tournament this weekend in Huntsville. I went ahead and got us a hotel room because it's an hour and 15 min drive and we play at 8:00 p.m. If we win, we turn around and play at 1:15 the next day. Plus, my girls weekend I had as a planned surprise to the Revolve Tour isn't going to happen because of the tournament. I guess I am eating that $168 because I've listed them for sale but have no takers. I finally told the girls and they were disappointed because they loved the lineup of performers. I'll have to find something else when athletics doesn't get in the way. Didn't do too well on eating yesterday - too much again - and I ended up throwing away some foods that cause me problems. I don't usually have to do that, but was so mad at myself yesterday, I chunked it.

Rachel - sounds like you are going and blowing. How wonderful your younger dd is doing the FFA thing as well. I bet that is so heartwarming to see her in action. And as worried as you are about your dd18 and the mission trip, what an amazing thing for her to do. I'll be sure and pray for her and her group while they are away. Your ds must really be doing an awesome job in show choir if he's getting bragged on. How proud you must be!!

Beth - I knew you were sick again. I hate that for you. You need to clean out the air ducts and get some kind of humidifier and disinfect like nobody's business. Hope you both get some needed rest and can get back to being well and able to work out.

Diane - you are a brave woman with those cookies. Hope your knee is okay. I don't know if you remember, but 2 Christmases ago, I thought I'd blown mine out, but it healed - so maybe taking it easy and not overdoing will still allow you to do some workouts.

Pokeno tonight and then packing for our weekend. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Up and at 'em to work out. I slept in yesterday because of the basketball game the night before - which we WON! Going to the regional tournament this weekend in Huntsville. I went ahead and got us a hotel room because it's an hour and 15 min drive and we play at 8:00 p.m. If we win, we turn around and play at 1:15 the next day. Plus, my girls weekend I had as a planned surprise to the Revolve Tour isn't going to happen because of the tournament. I guess I am eating that $168 because I've listed them for sale but have no takers. I finally told the girls and they were disappointed because they loved the lineup of performers. I'll have to find something else when athletics doesn't get in the way. Didn't do too well on eating yesterday - too much again - and I ended up throwing away some foods that cause me problems. I don't usually have to do that, but was so mad at myself yesterday, I chunked it.

Rachel - sounds like you are going and blowing. How wonderful your younger dd is doing the FFA thing as well. I bet that is so heartwarming to see her in action. And as worried as you are about your dd18 and the mission trip, what an amazing thing for her to do. I'll be sure and pray for her and her group while they are away. Your ds must really be doing an awesome job in show choir if he's getting bragged on. How proud you must be!!

Beth - I knew you were sick again. I hate that for you. You need to clean out the air ducts and get some kind of humidifier and disinfect like nobody's business. Hope you both get some needed rest and can get back to being well and able to work out.

Diane - you are a brave woman with those cookies. Hope your knee is okay. I don't know if you remember, but 2 Christmases ago, I thought I'd blown mine out, but it healed - so maybe taking it easy and not overdoing will still allow you to do some workouts.

Pokeno tonight and then packing for our weekend. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!