Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Canada friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/794736-canada-friends.html)

Deb 01-18-2013 05:43 AM

Canada friends

anyone up for a challenge or just getting to know each other:sing:

Avy 01-18-2013 08:30 PM

I need to mark my spot!!

hockey_gal 01-18-2013 10:44 PM

Deb - you live in Kamloops? How do you like it? Dh can transfer there but I'm too scared...I've heard a lot of negatives about it. I want to move to Kelowna but no hope for a job there for Dh...he can transfer to Kamloops or Penticton. I do need to get out of the city tho. Which is weird bc I've lived in large cities my whole life...

I have got my 2 extra workouts in for 2 weeks now. Phew. Feels good. I took it really easy this week tho bc I have been sick and school is killing me. I'm really struggling to keep up. I don't know if I can do 2 years of this, yikes!

yay for hockey being back! going to see the home opener of the Canucks tomm.

Hope everyone else is starting the year off right too.

Deb 01-19-2013 12:34 PM

Deanne i would live in Penticton over Kamloops any day

the weather is better and you cant beet the lake !!!

we moved from Surrey 12 years ago and i would never go back

Kamloops is my work for now but i know we will go back to the Okanagan one day:)

Deb 01-19-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16205354)
I need to mark my spot!!

:welcome:

what kind of workouts are you doing?

Deanne what about you?

i am running outside on good days and tread at the Y on bad days
wed i do yoga at the y and i try and get 3 bow-flex sessions in a week at home here

not to mention...we are apartment managers to 106 units in a 15 story high rise

:sing: happy saturday all

Deb 01-19-2013 12:46 PM

just a reminder

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...ps47e7b7a4.jpg

Deb 01-19-2013 04:23 PM

just got info from cruise ship travel agent

and we are going to Alaska:)

cindym 01-20-2013 03:51 PM

Hi everyone ~ Been working this weekend. I've been covering for someone who is sick and not getting my own work done :annoyed::annoyed:

Watched a bit of the Canucks game while hanging out with some girlfriends. Didn't think the Canucks looked very good.

When are you going to Alaska Deb?

Deb 01-20-2013 06:00 PM

Cindy our Canucks look so bad i cant bare to watch them anymore:sad:

Alaska in Aug we are thinking

July down to Seattle for the Kenny Chesney/Eric Church concert

and Sept long weekend to the Armstrong fair

i like something planned for every month:)

took a trip down to Kamloops lake sat and found a nice spot to hang out on weekends and camp right next to the river 1/2 hour drive from home too :)

common spring:D

Deb 01-22-2013 01:48 PM

anyone have a reader?

cindym 01-23-2013 09:28 PM

Hi Deb ~ love having plans. We should meet for lunch at the fair? Apparently they are up 2 nothing right now but I'm not watching. No reader.

Work is crazy. I've been covering for someone for a week tomorrow and I'm getting so far behind.

Lots of snow today .... how about you?

Deb 01-24-2013 08:27 AM

Hey Cindy lunch sounds good..we will be camping right in the camper parking area.

Having my morning coffee...does any one else put coconut oil in there coffee?
if you do costco has the big bucket right now.

Cindy not even a dusting of snow here:dunno:

cindym 01-25-2013 08:23 AM

In the Rotary parking? I don't drink coffee but I've been using coconut oil for other things .... tastes great but haven't noticed any weight loss. Thanks for the tip ... not sure when I'm getting to Kelowna to stop in at Costco.

Deb 01-27-2013 02:32 PM

Cindy i dont know what you call the parking but they have over night and drop the out-houses for campers...its right across the street from the main entrance...can take the hay wagon over the the entrance :)

I juat booked our Kenny Chesney/Eric Church tickets for June 1st in Seattle Washington
im super excited

I saw Kenny at the Merritt mountain fest but THIS concert he will have his own stage and i hear is a fab show.
Eric is my new fave singer so i get twice the joy:heart:

:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

NO snow here....hah they dont know what they are talking about over here in Loops....now they are saying up to 10 cent tomorrow and another on tuesday
we will see......

i had a nice day
slept in
went to fake n bake
and made a nice chicken broccoli and cheese casserole for supper

my body needed a day off workout

cindym 01-28-2013 10:19 PM

Yes, I think we are thinking about the same area. But will confirm meeting place and time closer to September.

Awesome about going to your fave concert. I'm sure that I've mentioned this before but I'm not a big country fan. However, I love concerts.

Going to see Heart in Penticton in March. Best EVER was ACDC.

It is snowing right now.

Deb 01-29-2013 07:57 AM

Cindy im a huge Heart fan...are they at the new Ball plays inside feild? cant remember the name of it......Penticton something.....you can stay in the hotel right across from it and its walking distance from the beach.

When i saw my first heart concert i was so close to them i could feel their sweat !!!!!

No snow here...looks like a little dusting is all:)

Deb 01-29-2013 07:59 AM

Cindy its called the Penticton trade and convention center

Deb 01-30-2013 01:33 PM

snow is now slush:sad:

and the city is dirty dirty dirty:mad:

cindym 01-31-2013 08:50 AM

No, they are playing at the arena or "South Okanagan Events Center" ... really foggy this morning.

Deb 01-31-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindym (Post 16231139)
No, they are playing at the arena or "South Okanagan Events Center" ... really foggy this morning.

yep thats the one
its fairly new

clear here this morning
NO more snow:jumpjoy:

Deb 02-01-2013 01:55 PM

Kamloops isnt even that bad when the sun is out:jumpjoy:

cindym 02-06-2013 09:52 PM

Learn something new everyday. I've recovered from surgery and life is getting back to normal.

Yes, we have been seeing some sunshine as well but they are calling for snow tonight and rain tomorrow. Would rather have snow than rain.

Deb 02-07-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindym (Post 16244785)
I've recovered from surgery and life is getting back to normal.

what?

did i miss something

:console:

cindym 02-08-2013 11:23 AM

Had some pollups taken out of my uterus due to the ongoing bleeding problems. He is hoping that this will help and avoid a hysterectomy.

Beautiful sunshine today in Vernon .... what is happening in Kamloops?

Deb 02-09-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindym (Post 16247933)
Had some pollups taken out of my uterus due to the ongoing bleeding problems. He is hoping that this will help and avoid a hysterectomy.

Beautiful sunshine today in Vernon .... what is happening in Kamloops?

oh hope your ok Cindy:console:

Kamloops weather sucks....mostly socked in with cloud and fog

hate it !!!!:sad:

i have been going to fake n bake:)

Deb 02-10-2013 12:44 PM

NOT a cloud in the sky here today....finally:)

Deb 02-11-2013 12:53 PM

pritty good day here today too...they say may be a flurry over night tho

i am doing some cleaning outside

we sure are lucky that we have a fenced back yard here at our condo:) it has 2 dirt spots for planting and a large concrete area for table and chairs

ok so we dont have a veiw..but we have a key to the roof top floor 16 :D

Avy 02-11-2013 02:30 PM

It's a grey 7 degrees here, and I love it, nice weather for February! And for a day off. :)

cindym 02-11-2013 02:47 PM

Happy Monday ~ Enjoying our BC Family Day holiday.

Yes, I've been thinking that I need to get some tanning minutes. Always makes me feel fabulous.

:sing::sing::sing::sing:

Deb 02-11-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16253373)
It's a grey 7 degrees here, and I love it, nice weather for February! And for a day off. :)

do you like living on the Island?