Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
GOING TO BE LEAN IN 2013!!

Come one, come all!

If you are looking for daily support as you lose, join us! No specific plan being followed here, all are allowed.

Post your goals, fears, weights, menus....whatever works for you. If we have enough come in, I'll keep a chart and post our losses and goals weekly, maybe on Fridays?
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 1 of my journey:

B: no breakfast, feeling very bloated today
L: salad with boiled chicken and ranch
D: 2 egg omelet with cheddar and ham
lots of water

I'll introduce myself.....I'm 45, happily married for 21 years, I have a 25 yo daughter, and a granddaughter that will be 3 in March, and I have a 19 year old son. I have yo-yo'd for 20+ years, have lost 50+ pounds multiple times on Atkins so I know it works. I need to figure out how to keep it off once I get it off again. I have a tendency to sabotage myself for some reason, so also need to figure out why I do that and make it stop. My goal is to get to 135, get off all my meds except my Thyroid and Allergy meds. Am on so many right now is very scary. Other goals: start a walking program daily, replace diet soda with water and make this the last year I have to start over on a 'diet'!! Want this to become my lifetime way of eating once and for all!

Hoping to meet lots of new people!!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Hey, Tasha - here we ago again!!!

My name is Cheryl and I live on the Treasure Coast in Sunny Florida. I am divorced and have two daughters - Danielle 25 and Ashley, 22. I have type II diabetes and high tryglcerides and need to get a handle on it. I need to lose about 35-40 pounds amnd keep it off - I am starting today and will weigh on Friday. That will be my starting weight because I know I gained a few from the holidays..........
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning

Ok, so I weighed this morning, sitting at 214 today, not as high as I thought since I was at 222 at Christmas and I've lost a few since then YAY

Day 2:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch: large salad with Ranch dressing
Dinner: chicken breast stuffed with cream/blue cheese and wrapped in bacon,green beans

Have a great day Cheryl!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats, Tasha! I am weighing in on Friday, like I said. I know if I weigh before then, I will be depressed and EAT!!

I was 198 before Christmas and I know I gained during those 2 weeks because I ate like there was no tomorrow - I am slowing getting back on track this week. Feeling better today, so by Friday I should be ready to weigh - hopefully it will be between 196-198 -

B - 2 hb eggs
L - chicken from Walmart -
D - not sure?
S - some walnuts

It might just be you and me? -
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

maybe we'll pick up a few more, if not that's ok...we've been the losing twosome before

Hope you see 196 by Friday!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is exactly what I am hoping for! - The lowest I have been in recent times has been 192 - so once I am past that, I will be really motivated.(I hope)
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'll join in I sort of follow JUDDD, but keep getting off track with temporary hacks Today I started an egg fast for the first time-interested in seeing what that does for my weight loss this week!

My goal is to hit maintenance by this spring and then learn how to stay with it! I'm much more nervous about maintaining, than the weight loss portion of dieting. I've been doing some research on what plan I want to follow once I get to maintenance. I've decided it will be something under the IF umbrella, but I don't know if I'll stay with JUDDD or do something else yet.

My second goal this year is to really focus on toning! I've created a youtube video list of quick 10-15 minute toning workouts and now I just need to actually start them

My stats as of today: weight 147lbs (starting egg fast)

Menu plan for today-eggs, eggs, and more eggs

Quick Introduction-I'm a 34yr old sahm of three kids (4, 6 and 8), and live in West MI. I'm a voracious reader, (I read around 300 books last year), so if I'm not online here I'm probably reading We also have a sailboat and spend a lot of time in the summer out on Lake Michigan. We also have a lot of pets-2 birds, a cat, 2 rats, a 110 gallon freshwater aquarium and then a 10 gallon baby tank. It's kind of a zoo over here lol.

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-08-2013 at 08:38 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mom23kids!!! I am also an avid reader, if people would leave me alone, I'd read 24/7 Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was 100% on plan. I changed up my dinner, dd invited us to supper last night, she had corned beef and cabbage, so had that and some peach tea. I also drank soooo much water yesterday, good for me as I hate the stuff. I forgot to weigh this morning....may wait until Friday and see if I get a little surprise. I'm not counting my carbs, wonder if I should??? I used to have an app on my phone that I used but I have changed phones and now the Android doesn't have the same app. I tried the Atkins one but don't really like it as much, too much work and takes too long to add stuff in.

Today's menu:

B: scrambled eggs, bacon CL peach tea
L: salad, ranch dressing, water
D: chicken breast stuffed with cream/blue cheese, wrapped in bacon, green beans
S: slice of cheese, piece of celery

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I could have done better yesterday but compared to previous days, it was much better.
I also took my spin class for an hour last night.

I feel like my stomach is not soo bloated. I am trying to drink water with lemon.

On to another great day. I had to have an MRI on my left knee this am - I twisted it back in October and it is not getting better. I am just hoping it does not require surgery (the mediscus tear) -

$250 - co-payment
Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My son was thrown off a 4-wheeler several years ago, cracked his knee cap, the top of his fibia and also tore his meniscus, he was in a cast for a very very long time, but thank goodness surgery wasn't required, they said at his age that it should heal back to the way it was, and it did. Sure hope yours isn't a meniscus tear.

I received a tv three or four years ago for Christmas to put in my office from dh, was so sweet.....however....we didn't have tv hooked up in that room. Well....that tv and the Blue-Ray DVD player he bought me have set for this long.... We live in the country so don't have access to cable, only satellite. I finally caved and upgraded to the Hopper/Joey system, we now have tv in every room and I LOVE it! I even bought a tv for my bedroom so I can watch the news in the morning while I'm getting ready. I haven't gotten it yet, is supposed to be delivered tomorrow(got an awesome price through bestbuy.com), so I'm using my little tv in my bedroom right now. However, (there is an end to this story ) after tomorrow I am hooking the little one up in my office over the treadmill and I am going to start walking every day. I have to, will help me feel better, will help my knees and will help my weightloss and hopefully my cholesterol too. I hate exercising, am not an aerobics person. I have an XBOX Connect with Zoomba but I never do it, I just am not one to do that. But, as much as I also don't like walking, it's the thing I can do that really isn't as bad as exercising. Maybe at some point in the future I will also add some toning stuff in, but for now to begin is my goal.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Established

This morning I was down 1.5lbs so the egg fast was a sucess But, I have absolutely no desire to even look at another egg for a while

I'm now 10lbs for goal and I'm starting to think about what I want to do for maintenance. This part of dieting scares me way more than the weight loss part, since it's the thing I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life! I keep reading up on plans, and hopefully one will jump out and smack me in the head with a big sign that says 'this is the one!'
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

me too Sara. I've never been able to maintain, 100% of my problem. I watched a show that interviewed Dolly Parton and she said when she lost all of her weight, she did it doing low carb. After she lost it, she has maintained that lost by continuing low carb during the week, and then she eats what she wants within reason on the weekends. When I get to that point I think I will try something like that.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. I won't say happy Friday because I'm very disgusted with myself. BUT....

Today is a new day, so....I am actually up from what I was at the beginning of the week. I started to not feel good on Wednesday and then Wednesday night and yesterday just ate what I wanted and that never is a good thing. Starting again today.

How are you guys doing today?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

I forgot to weigh this am and I have not been perfect either. I had to go to doctor - What I have a a muscle strain and a very small meniscus tear. Dr. wants me to wait and let the muscle strain heal for a couple of months - does not want to do surgery at this time. He feels once the muscle strain heals, I will be fine. Won't even notice tear since it is so small.

Oh, well - let's try to do good -
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so glad you don't have to have surgery for now! I've got to do this, Hubby and I have decided to go to Gulf Shores in Alabama in May, I can't imagine going like I look now.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Good morning,

I forgot to weigh this am and I have not been perfect either. I had to go to doctor - What I have a a muscle strain and a very small meniscus tear. Dr. wants me to wait and let the muscle strain heal for a couple of months - does not want to do surgery at this time. He feels once the muscle strain heals, I will be fine. Won't even notice tear since it is so small.

Oh, well - let's try to do good -
I hope it heals nicely and you don't have to have surgery
Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, mom!!!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Anyone mind if I jump in here, I'd love the support and motivation.

I'm Danielle I'm 43 and married mom of 3; ages 20, 18 & 16. I've yo'yo'd for years now with trying to keep the weight off.. my first real effort with weight loss was in 2000 when I was maid of honor for my sister's wedding.. I slim fasted my way to 150lbs in about 9 months at a starting weight of 240.. I felt amazing! I was about 25lbs from goal and life threw me curve balls and I lost the grip I had on my "dieting" and managed to regain it all in about 3 years time..and then found a few more along the way during my yo-yo attempts .. I did Atkins several times over the last few years but never able to sustain it for long and regain what I'd lose.. I committed again for good to it last May only to discover that I wasn't able to lose much..took me about 5 months to lose 12'ish pounds and to where the scale started moving back up regardless of how low carb I went, no matter how much tweaking I did.. I decided to try JUDDD on a whim and low & behold it worked. I love it! So here I am..still committed to getting healthy and finding my way to goal once and for all.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting in any way I can!

Have a great weekend everyone!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle!!! I have learned along the way that sometimes you have to tweak things for yourself, not every plan works for everybody. I have been on Atkins several times, and have found that if I don't stick strictly to Induction the majority of the time, I don't lose a thing. Also, have learned it's 'old school' induction, no net carbs, just the old fashioned induction and it works like a charm. Looking forward to getting to know you!

So, as I said, my week last week was not good. However, I have grocery shopped and made my menu out again, and also got the tv hooked up over my treadmill and running now, so am ready to go.

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon, peach tea
L: boiled chicken, lettuce, caesar's dressing
D: hamburger patty with chipotle mayo and cheese slice

Today's goal:

To stay on plan and to drink lots of water!! Walk for 20 minutes. Going to start slow this week and then build up as I go. I have done no exercise whatsoever for a very long time.

My poor little granddaughter has been sick since last week with the flu. She's been running upwards of 103.5 fever, still had 101 this morning. Was complaining of a headache and backache(she is almost 3). Told dd she needs to call the doctor again this morning and let him know she is still running fever. Really worried she is going to get dehydrated or something, she's just been sick too long. Took her some stickers and a coloring book Saturday, she sure didn't look good at all, felt so sorry for her.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha,

I am so sorry abut your grandaughter - does she drink gatorade? That fever needs to break - poor baby!

I took my Mom to the library on Saturday so I was looking around and found this book - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - it is quite entertaining but also kind of hits home. I will post some stuff for motivation as I read it -

The first couple of chapters (I am like 1/4 done) - is all about exercise. She did this 20 years ago and went to her first Aerobics class, etc. I have no problem exercising. I go to spin class 3x a week, do other cardio and weights at least 1x, sometimes 2x a week.

Next, she talks about willpower, etc - so hopefully something will sink in!

I am on vicious cycle - if I eat too much carbs or sgar, I have no energy therefore I am lazy and always hungry. If I could just get going here!!!!

Cheryl
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

me too Cheryl. The less I eat the better I feel, but am so hungry until I get into ketosis, I just have to get over that hump to where I'm not hungry anymore and the cravings stop, then I can go to town!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am going to weigh on Wed and that will be my starting weight for this challenge - from there it is going down.....................

Danielle - That is my daughter's name - What is JUDD?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

got home last night, husband had made a huge supper. I caved.

Today, trying to behave.

I will weigh again tomorrow then too Cheryl, I haven't in about a week. I got out of the habit of weighing every day and now having a hard time doing it every morning.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hey ladies, I'm here still! I have been literally fighting a cold for going on about 5 weeks or so...this past weekend it got bad again almost like it was starting all over again.. Did bedrest all day yesterday and it seems to have helped alot, I feel better and not like death Still coughing but then, I've been coughing for weeks..meh!

Chery, JUDDD is named after Dr. James Johnson, who created the alternate day diet..so it's Johnson's Up Day Down Day..it's calorie cycling basically...high/low/high, etc..
How cool that's your daughter's name too! When I was in elementary school I HATED my name, it was sooooo uncommon and too many people called me Daniel.....and then shortened it to Danny..UM, hello do you see a BOY standing here???!! Now I don't mind it so much..

Tasha, hope your grandaughter is feeling better. My DD16 works at a preschool and lots of kiddos are sick sick sick..
Awww, hubby gets a gold star for even making dinner! thank goodness for new beginnings, huh?
LOL I weigh every single day. I have to or it's very very easy for me to rationalize everything's ok, blah blah blah...so I just do it and stay accountable..of course I also am realistic about the bounces but it does help me so I keep doing it

Thanks again ladies for the welcome. I apologize for posting and then disappearing...didn't expect the cold issues to completely knock me down..but I promise, I'll post regularly now that i'm feeling better
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are feeling better today Danielle! Seems like this year has been the one for sickness that hangs on forever. I had it for about 3 weeks, thank goodness I didn't have the cough that everyone else seemed to have, I have no bladder control, so wouldn't have been pretty.

Well.....I weighed this morning and really really aggrivated with myself. I was up to 219.5. Have got to get this weight off. I have acquired a very embarassing side affect of being obese. I've been itching really bad under my...well, for lack of a better word, belly flap. I couldn't stand it last night it got so bad. Started reading on the internet and it seems this is common for obese people, could be a yeast or fungal infection. I tried using my husbands foot spray and putting a sock under there last night while I slept to absorb any moisture, seemed to help, at least kept me from scratching in my sleep. Seems one of the side affects from this can be a staff infection from scratching Don't want that. So....this morning, itching like crazy, I tried using a small amount of miconazole(sp?) for yeast infection to see if that helps. So far so good. I guess we will see. Is very red/inflamed and itches horrible. Yet another reason I must get this weight off!

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs, bacon
L: salad with ranch
D: baked chicken, green beans
snack: piece of cheese

water, water water..... walk 20 minutes.

Everyone have a great Hump day!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all

Having a busy week at work (Fiscal End of Year, etc) have not been concentrating on low carbing -

Tasha - they must sell cream for that? - Did you go on Webmd? - I know, this big gut must go - I hate it - I signed up for personal trainer for one hour a week for now............
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, haven't looked at webmd yet. So far the Miconazole seems to be working, so maybe is a yeast infection. I'm going to give it a few days and if it seems to help, I'll know what it is if it ever comes back. Can't imagine going to the doctor and saying, Hey, I have this rash in my fat flap, could you tell me what you think it is? Talk about embarassing.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You invented a new word - FAT FLAP

It is truly funny and I am not sure why I am laughing at something that I have that is pretty gross