Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
I did really well until lunch yesterday. I am no longer on prednisone, so feeling a little bloated today, plus TOM is supposed to start tomorrow, so I'm gonna not get on the scale for a few days....dont want to get discouraged. Glad you're doing so well! I think we may have found our niche I'll check back in tomorrow morning and post my menu.
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I have to go to Transformations on Wed am, so I have to be good and show a loss of at least 2 lbs -
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish I had somewhere that I had to go be accountable.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is what is going to help me thru this. I will get on scale in am, but I don't think I lost anything.

I have to get stricter with myself - I have been a little lax lately.

B - 2 hb eggs - 1/2 eng muffin

S - fat free yogurt with blueberries

L - baked pot with broccoli

S - apple

D - ?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B: fat free Greek Vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cp orange juice
snack: pears
L: Triscuit's and grapes
D: spaghetti(turkey and whole wheat pasta)

I leave to go on vacation Friday. Going to try to keep it light since I will already feel like a whale on the beach anyway. I've made out our menu and we've agreed to only eat out twice while we are there, that way I can control my intake better. I will have my laptop with me, so will try to pop in a few times.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Where are you going, Florida?

Sometimes, it is easier when you are not at work. Someone here is always bringing in cookies, potato salad, etc.

I am cranky today - I feel like I am doing good and should have lost at least 10 by now. But, I am not giving up!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, we're going to Gulf Shores, Alabama this time. Just me and hubbie. We are leaving either Friday evening or early Saturday morning, rented a condo. Won't be home until the 25th, but I took off work until the 29th....I am soooo ready for sleeping and sunning and not doing much of anything.

Do you think you should have lost ten pounds by now because you're used to the fast weight loss of low carb? My husbands cousin has lost about 55 pounds, it has taken her two years to do it, and I asked her what she did, she said she prayed over every meal(she's pretty religious), and really watched her portions and fat. She is pregnant now, so will have to do it again after she's had her baby, but she said she is going to continue eating like she has been, and hopefully it won't be so much of an effort afterwards. I don't know about praying over every meal, but I have been trying to make a conscious effort to pay attention to what I am eating and not just shove everything in my mouth that comes across my path.

Work for me is usually the easiest, it's when I get home that I have the problems because my husband is a chow hound and he is relatively small, but he is a roofer, so works very hard and I'm sure that's why he can eat so much. Hard to have someone like that in the same household though when all I do is look at food and it adds another dimple to my butt.

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually, you are right. I am looking for quick loss and I shouldn't. Last night, I grabbed a January issue of People while I did my cardio and the whole issue was about people losing all this weight. One woman lost 395 lbs and it took her TEN YEARS They say 2-3 lb loss per week (and every week is not doable) is the key to keeping it off. God knows, I do not want to go thru this again -

If I can just get into the 180's, I will be very proud. It will be a milestone.

Just you and hubby? What fun!

Cheryl
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yup, just the two of us, we haven't been on a trip by ourselves since our honeymoon....umm....22 years ago LOL

I am guilty of wanting a quick fix too and I think that is a lot of my problem. They say it takes three weeks of doing something for it to become a habit. I've been doing this for years and years, so is more than a habit and I need to break it.

I would be happy with 2-3 pounds a week.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tasha!

It has been like two months!! I am down 18 pounds since Christmas. It is going really slow but I think it will stay off.

I have not been back to Transformations since end of June - vacations, etc. I am going this Thursday because the appetite suppressants really help and I need to get going again. I want to be 180 by my birthday, Sept 2nd.

How are you doing?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!! That's wonderful! I've been bouncing around for the last several months. I'm down 7 pounds. Have just been trying not to snack, I don't eat much for breakfast or lunch and try to keep dinner to a dull roar. I'm doing pretty well on cutting out my diet sodas, drinking mostly water, crystal lite and decaf tea. You must have ESP, was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Loved the picture on FB of you and the girls!

We've been truckin along....just got back from St Augustine for the 4th, I flew down and spent 4 days with my Mom, had such a good time and they had awesome fireworks! My son in law got a new job so have been picking up dgd 2-3 times a week, love getting to see her more, had gotten to where we were only seeing her about once a week....had withdrawal Going to the river, working, that's about it
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I saw how you went to St. Augustine! The pics of your granddaughter are absolutely adorable - no wonder you have withdrawals!!

I had an excellent doctor visit and I can thank fat-free! She even slapped me high-five! My sugar is lower than it ever has been.

I have like 23 pounds to go for my goal. I am happy between 160-165.

Yeah, Danielle had her birthday this past weekend - we had fun!

Let's keep plugging along here..............
Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm definitely not happy where I'm at, but have decided that quick loss doesn't work for me, although it's nice, it doesn't last. So, I'm trying to adjust my day to day. It's slow, VERY slow, but as long as it's going down and not up, I'm good I would love to be at 160. Have a long way to go to get there.....
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, that is what I am thinking! By year-end, if I am at goal, I will be very happy.

Quick doesn't work. I have seen so many people who have gained it all back.
I am stuck right now for like 2 weeks because of vacation, birthdays, but I am not gaining and I am consistently getting back on scale.

I am trying to stay (when I am doing good) at around 1,100-1,200 calories a day. No sugar, no fat.

My gut has gone down quite a bit
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is so great about your sugar by the way!!! WTG!!! I probably should be counting, but figure unless I count for the rest of my life, it won't do my any good and I HATE counting LOL. Going to try this the way I've been going, and remind myself over and over that a quick fix isn't what I need..... I'm ready for my gut to go down!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, let's check back in with each other, whether it is on FB or here - not let two months go by..........how is your job doing, by the way? without your old boss?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Job is going well....new boss, seems to be working out ok, still weird but life goes on! Getting ready to lose the other guy I work with possibly. New job offer, if he gets it, then I again will be the only one here that has worked here longer than a few months The one possibly leaving has only been here since last May.