Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I am doing okay - I am just sooo busy at work I don't have time to think -
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
I work in IT at a hospital. 'Taking call' means I am on call 24/7 in the event someone feels the need to call us in the middle of the night, holidays, weekends, whatever. If it is something that can be fixed remotely....printer offline, user locked out, etc., I can do it from home, otherwise, if it is a hardware or network problem, I would have to come in to the hospital....I live 30 minutes away.

I'm kinda iffy on brussel sprouts, they taste kinda like dirt to me. lol I love roasted asparagus, roasted cauliflower, you can mash cauliflower add butter and sour cream and they taste just like mashed potatoes. You can also 'rice' cauliflower and use it in place of rice in dishes. YUMMO! You can fry green beans in olive oil with some garlic salt and pepper. LOTS of options!!! I love veggies! Cut up cucumbers and stir in some ranch dressing. Fry up some cole slaw mix in butter.(just the pre-packaged cole slaw stuff from the store)

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hello all....

I'm in the group of the downfallen So not into this today, just entirely too much going on. Dh and I went to the local dive last night and got supper, and now my stomach is really making me pay for it. Rolling, rolling rolling.... I didn't have time to make my lunch today, and have no money. Lunch is free for employees today and they have crab cakes and jambalaya. Not sure what I'm going to do. Just not into it today. That's horrible isn't it.

I need to get my act back together and get on with this. Now I am officially a week behind what I planned. Gotta get my mind back in the game!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you don't want to know
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awe. so sorry Cheryl. We gotta do this once and for all!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mel K
Stats: 170/160/135
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: January 22, 2013
Come on girls...we can do it!!! I know it's hard...boy is it hard...but it is worth it. WE are worth it. If we mess up (oops, I mean WHEN we mess up), just start over again. And again. And again.

For some reason, I am doing okay with things. Now I am a MAJOR carb addict, so this is pretty crazy for me. I have been doing a few things differently this time. First, I have been reading a lot and listening to podcasts about low carb eating. Second, I just stopped buying the things that make me go crazy. Honestly, I was so addicted to cheez-its that it wasn't even funny. Of course, I bought them for my kids, but who do you think scarfed them down at night after the kids were in bed? Before, I felt like my kids *needed* to have snacks like that. Now I know that they don't. The cheez-its aren't good for them either, so I stopped buying them.

I just listened to a Jimmy Moore podcast about supplements to take to help stop cravings. I am going to research more and I will let you guys know my findings (or perhaps you already know about them?). Like I said before, I know I have a carb addiction and anything I can do to help with that would be great!

I have been enjoying the cream cheese muffins. The first time I made them, I over-sweetened them. But now I think I have the amount of stevia down pat. I really enjoy the creaminess of them - makes me feel like I am indulging in something I shouldn't be eating. I do need to come up with some more food choices. I have been pinning recipes on Pinterest. I like the visuals.

I hope that everyone is hanging in there. I will try to post here more often. Let's keep this group going!!!
Mel K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I started the day off ok, dh made me some bacon for breakfast. Now I find myself with no money because I was running late, so can't go downstairs and get a salad. Not sure what to do for lunch.

I had a mammogram done this morning. Hate them. I know they are necessary, but my boobs are so big and it just hurts so bad. I told the girl that it was kinda like trying to squash a brick into two dinner plates.

The key to me being successful with this is planning and I've not been good at that this week for some reason. I will do this!

Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, now listen up, you girls! (In my best New Yawwk accent)

We can do this - I am going shopping tonight for all low carb - I am going full force on Monday - "ain't no stopping me now"

I will get on scale and go for it!!!!

Have a great weekend...........................
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY You and me both Cheryl!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Okay, so after my big "we can do it" speech the other day, I messed up big yesterday. My son had swim meet yesterday. We had to be there at 9am and it lasted until about 2pm. I drank my normal coffee with hwc (although only one cup - I normally drink two) and didn't take anything for me to eat!!! I was so focused on making sure that I had snacks for the kids...well, I didn't think of myself. I ended up eating a muffin at the meet and then we stopped to pick up Wendy's for lunch (son's request) and instead of getting something low carb, I was so hungry that I got a burger and fries!!! Of course I ate two more muffins that evening.

Although I already know this, I feel it needs repeating...I MUST plan my food. All the time! There are few low carb convenience foods and I must have a plan each and every day!!!

If I could just learn that, I think I would be doing good. However, I am back on the plan today!!! Trying to drink tons of water. Not sure if there is any scientific evidence that water helps after a day of overeating, but at the very least it will keep me full.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I am at 199 - so close to 200 again

I am on a four day mini-challenge to see if I can get into ketosis -

Tasha, I made your egg muffins this am!

B - 2 egg muffins, 2 slices of turkey bacon
L - Atkibs frozen meal - 8 carbs (meatloaf)
D - Turkey sausage and peppers/onions

S - handful of blueberries and I have radishes (7 = 3 carbs)

Plus I am going to 5:30 class at gym - it is a circuit class, with weights and cardio.
One day at a time! My plan is to be 194 by Friday!!!

Cheryl
Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not doing so good and not sure what to do this week. We have a luncheon today to interview our new Director candidate, then Wednesday we have a sales rep taking us to lunch and Friday one of our corporate people is taking us to lunch. OH boy. Going to try and make good choices, but today will be at the mercy of whatever they have catered. Will only be four of us in the room, so would be kind of uncomfortable to not eat when everyone else is eating. I just wish this was easier. I didn't feel good yesterday so didn't get to the grocery store either. Really stinks, I also have to plan to be successful.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, glad you are back on plan, I'm going to do my best to be!! I weighed yesterday afternoon and was at 217.0 I was so discouraged. I didn't even weigh today.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I had good intentions but I failed terribly. I am sure I have hit 200 today - which makes me quite miserable.

The owner's son was such a ******* yesterday - totally ruined my day. I cried on the way home. I have been here for 20 years and really bust my ass, do not deserve to be treated like this. I wanted to tell him so bad to go "F" himself.

No, instead I went home had wine and ate lots of carbs..........ugh......
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so sorry Cheryl! I've been going through major stress here at work also. Wish every day multiple times that I could just quit. So tired of the stress and worry. I am treated well, but so much going on right now with my boss leaving.

I am trying to watch my portions this week, about all I can do with all the luncheon meetings we have this week. They just added another one Friday for another applicant for boss's job.

Going to plan plan plan this weekend and get my food and will start induction again next Monday.

Mel, Michelle, how are you guys doing?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - it is definitely stressful. I need to look beyond it and stick to my plan so I am trying a 3 day mini challenge now - Basically, I am starving right now but I need to get into ketosis.

Most of the time, my boss (the owner) treats me great. But his son has been a thorn in my side for years. I wish I could quite too but there is no way I could find something similar. I would have to travel, etc - So, I have been asking myself, should I be looking for a new job or just take his crap? Sick of it all...............
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, same here. I couldn't find anything similar unless I moved and that really isn't an option. Hang in there!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Hi girls! Just wanted to pop in to let you know that I won't be around for the next few weeks. Tomorrow is the first day of Lent and I've decided to spend the time off of message boards and instead spend time reading, with my kids, etc. I don't normally even celebrate Lent (I'm Protestant) but it feels like the right thing to do this year.

I have been eating low carb for three weeks now and I have lost 10 lbs. I am feeling pretty good about my progress and I plan to come back here after Easter to let you know that I'm still doing this. I really, really hope this thread is still going then because I can't wait to hear how we'll you guys have done!!!

Thanks for the support. I'll see you after Easter!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday.

Mel, we'll miss you, but will be glad to see you back!!

I am starting induction again today. I didn't weigh this morning, was running late. I have just been having a really bad couple of weeks and don't see it getting better anytime soon, but can't wait for it to go away to stop my chow sessions. Gotta do it now.

I have to go to the grocery store after work, so I will have my food on hand!

Today's menu:

B: nothing
L: salad with diet caff free coke
D: hamburger patty with cheddar slice, fried cole slaw mix in butter

Have a great week!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - I have been doing okay - plan to weigh on Wed -

Mel - we will miss you!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, hello all....seems we have all been MIA. I've just not been feelin' it for some reason. So disgusted with myself. Have so much going on with work, so much stress, my eye twitches all the time from it. I've been sick twice. Just can't seem to go forward. I weighed yesterday at 221.5 and this morning was 219. I have got to do this. My job is going to start requiring me to be more active which will help, but will also be very embarassing as big as I am. I will have to start lifting(which is not good for my back or my female parts). I'm just a little put out I think. And....And....I seem to be back in that same old routine where it gets lunch time and I think, oh I really don't feel like eating a salad, so I have what they have on the menu and then when I get home, my brain says, Well....you screwed up lunch, so may as well screw up supper. Eat that brownie, go ahead have another pop tart. just sick of it all. Tired of myself. LOL
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tasha - I think it is just you and me - I try and be really good and get on scale and it stays the same so then I cheat???

I am trying today again -
Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Micmac
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2012
I'm BAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!! FINALLY!!! Is anyone else here????

I'm sorry I have been MIA for so long....I think it's been about 3 weeks, but SO much has happened. In fact I had to go out of town-3 weeks ago- for my dd's first fitting for her bridal gown! (gotta share these wonderful events with your daughter when you can ) And the day after I got back into town; I got caught up in a "scam" that was directed to my Mother in law but ended up involving us. My M.I.L. got a phone call from someone who said he was her grandson (supposedly my college-age son) and that he was in legal trouble and needed her help....money....to bail himself out of jail. Well, of course the story was untrue, in fact my ds was busy in class, working or in the library most of those days.... but the scam artist pretending to be her grandson made her PROMISE not to tell her parents (us). Anyhow, long story short, we figured it out once I found out and before any money was wired to these crooks, but it was emotionally draining for my MIL and then crazy for us, until we unraveled the entire story. So phew!
After that, I realized I am losing weight entirely TOO SLOWLY and getting frustrated. I mean, I am going to the gym 3-4x/week and doing Zumba classes that I absolutely LOVE plus doing weights afterwards and still not losing much. In fact, Tasha it seemed like you were just shedding the weight right and left and I kept getting inspired by your discipline in your diet. I wasn't "cheating" much, in fact depending what low-carb site you were reading, I was doing okay. I think it might have been too much of a good thing. At any rate, I talked to my Trainer (whom I only have for a few more sessions) and he suggested a 16/8 plan. Well, it is basically eating during any 8 hour span and not eating for the other 16 hours! I liked the idea, cause I usually don't wake up hungry. I did the 16/8 plan for almost 2 weeks and it finally helped me to budge the scale and I lost about 4 lbs in a week. I kept my diet low-carb during this time too. Although if you read about that diet, it doesn't advocate low-carb, but it's okay. I really felt fine during the 16/8. However, NOW, I feel like I need to shake things up again. I had to go out of town this past weekend again for one of several Bridal Showers for my dd. I did okay, but just "okay". Scale not budging again. So today I'm starting on induction!
I gotta start looking for a dress for the wedding ....although I'm thinking of having one made. That way, as I lose weight even into May, I can have it modified as needed. Sooooo, that's what's going on with me! Hope everyone is hanging in there and checks back in!

Michele †
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow...you have been busy! So scary what people are doing these days to get every dime from you they can. Glad you guys caught it before it was sent.

I am starting induction again tomorrow. I have been so disgusted with myself. That's what I do, I lose quickly if I can stick to it, it's the sticking to it that gets me. I am getting back on the wagon tomorrow though..... Will check back in the morning.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Micmac
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2012
Hi Tasha, You and me! Let's do this induction thing!!!
Diet-wise today, I did okay. Tomorrow is another great day for seizing the opportunity to prove "WE CAN"!!!
My dh and I are going on a Hot Air Balloon Ride tomorrow afternoon for a "sunset champagne flight". Our kids bought it for us last November for our 30th wedding anniversary! Funny thing is.....I really am a bit scared of heights. So this is a crazy venture. It was so sweet of our kids to do this for us though. Hope to touch base on here in the morning if at all possible, before I head out.

Michele †
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbienomore
Hi!

Hi everyone!
I'm new here. I'm doing a very low carb thing - kind of like Atkins induction but probably a little higher and lots of coffee and diet soda! This is my second time around. Last time I did this, I was a size 9 and loving life. 7 years and 50 lbs later, not loving it so much.
I started sometime last week - not even sure when, but I know I'm down 6 lbs so far, so I'm not complaining.
I used to be so stinking cute people called me Barbie - and I want to be there again! I've been reading these forums for hours, and it seems like this is a great place to begin, so here I am. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better as we get to where we need to be!
Barbienomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi and welcome!! I have six weeks before we are supposed to go to Gulf Shores. Have been working very long hours at work and come up with every excuse to not do this. I have to get on the stick! Recuperating from a 23 hr day yesterday. Keeping my dgd today. Have to get to the grocery store and start Monday.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all!

Season is finally slowing down and I actually was thinking about starting Monday (I am making baked ziti for Easter with garlic bread, shhhh)

I am also going to look into yoga classes in addition to the gym -
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbienomore
I'm definitely cheating on Easter lol. My mom makes the most amazing brunch and my daughter is coming home from college for it. I'm not even going to disappoint myself and say I'm not having some fried potatoes - I'll try to be good and avoid the jelly beans though!
Barbienomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Barbie - when you lose all your weight, you have to change yo ur name to Barbieagain I know all the holidays, it is really tough to stick to lc - My daughter wants to have the dessert that Outback has - pecan brownie with vanilla ice cream on top, then whipped cream and choc syrup!!

Tasha - how are you feeling? You seem to be having of time of it? How is your job? -