Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mel K
Stats: 170/160/135
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: January 22, 2013
Happy Belated Birthday, Michele! I hope it was fabulous.

Tasha, please come back and report about your doctor's appointment. I have been having headaches since starting low-carb eating, and I too have been taking Advil regularly. Now, I am only on day number 9, but I would really like to stop (when does the induction flu end and all of this energy that I've been reading about begin anyway???). I will be interested to hear what your doc says. Also, congrats on the weight loss!!! That is fabulous.

Cheryl, it is so much easier for me to eat healthy when I have someone doing it with me. Sadly, I don't have that right now, which is why I am searching for some support here.

So far, so good for me today. I did find last week that I spent a lot more on food that I was spending prior to this WOE. I am a former vegetarian and could really live on pasta, rice, and bread. I ate meat prior to this, but not a ton. I need to find some way to eat a healthy, less expensive diet! I hate eggs, but I'm going to try to find some way to incorporate them. Suggestions?

Good luck to everyone today.
Mel K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Mel-I always have headaches when starting induction, usually takes me a little over a week to get over it. I'll let you know what she says. and thanks I don't have anyone to do this woe with me either, I wing it as usual by myself. Which is why I love this board so much!!!! As for the cost of this woe....I try to keep it very simple. I don't do a lot of the casseroles, etc that some on here do, too many ingredients. I usually just have eggs and bacon for breakfast or sausage or an omelet. Lunch is usually some form of salad, regular salad, caesar salad with chicken or not, taco salad without the shell and I make my own taco seasoning. Dinner usually consists of a baked meat, pork chops, chicken, cornish hens, turkey, hamburger/cheeseburger patties, roast(beef or pork), tuna, shrimp, etc... Meat is very expensive, but we always have some form of it for supper. I then fix dh (or family if they are there) supper based on that but add extras for them, potatoes, etc. I usually include one veggie I eat, spinach, asparagus, cucumbers in ranch, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower(you can mash cauliflower and tastes like potatoes), squash later on, zucchini, sauteed mushrooms....lots you can do. I boil eggs for snacks, I like them, I buy mozzarella cheese sticks and will snack on those. I stay away from 'Atkins' snacks, bars, shakes, etc. They are not only pricey, but they also stall me every time. I will on occasion make sugar free jello for a snack and I also sometimes will stir up pumpkin pie spice into about 2 oz of cream cheese with a packet of splenda and eat that... pretty tasty. So....just my two cents worth

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Micmac
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2012
Good Morning Ladies! I had a wonderful day yesterday catching up with some old friends and two of my best friends who both happened to move last year to Idaho and calls from some of my extended family too! Since my dh was out of town, a friend called and asked if I wanted to go out for sushi for dinner for my b-day. Soooo, of course I thought about it and said You Bet!!! Anyhow, it was delicious and the rice was definitely not low carb. But on the upside, I didn't pig out on the sushi......which took some control. And this morning, I lost another 1/2 lb. so YAY! I'm really happy about that!
Tasha, wtg!!! keep up the great work. Oh yeah! About being bored on the treadmill...yep, I definitely know what you mean! The other day, I tried something that my trainer suggested. He said to try intervals of increasing the incline and then when have to catch my breath, lower the incline. So I did that the other day and it helped me NOT watch the time SLOWLY ticking by, but rather focus on the intervals. When I increased the incline, I slowed my pace a bit and then when I decreased the incline, I picked up my pace. Who knows
Cheryl, I'm with you on the temptations in the evening. That is definitely my weak spot. If I can't resist, (most evenings) I have S/F jello with whipping cream or 1/2 of an Atkins bar or a slice of that Flax bread I made. My goal for Lent is going to not eat after supper!
Talk to you all later, Have a happy, low-carb Day!
Michele †
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:02 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

01/23 216.5
01/24 216.0
01/25 214.5 (: back to where I was yipee
01/28 211.0
01/29 211.0 TOM
01/30 210.0 TOM
01/31 208.5

Had a pretty good night last night. Didn't get my walk in, but went to get my hair done after work, had to wait quite a while, she was running behind. So, I played on my phone for a bit, but didn't get done until after 7:00. When I got home, dh had supper waiting for me, he's so sweet. He hadn't eaten, was waiting on me to get back so we could eat together.

Dr visit went well. She told me to stop taking advil or any form of ibuprofen or aspirin and she wants me to try Aleve for a couple of weeks for my headaches. She said she doesn't want to just throw a pill at it but needs to alleviate the pain while trying to find out what is causing them. She told me to increase my Vitamin D to 1000 iu's a day and see if that helps. If neither of those helps in a couple of weeks she wants me to call her and she will prescribe a very low dose of a medicine, I can't remember what she called it, but is given to migraine patients to keep headaches from occuring. She said it sounded like I was having a mish-mash of all kinds of headaches. Tension, cluster, sinus and migraine. So....we'll try all that and see if it helps. I haven't been on my new cholesterol medicine long enough for her to test to see if it is working, so in three weeks she wants me to have some more lab work done for my thyroid since she changed my dosage, my vitamin d and cholesterol/triglycerides. So, we'll see. She was very happy I had started walking and I had lost 6.5 lbs since I was in her office the last time....she was happy about that too Told me to keep doing whatever I was doing...so I will.

Today's goals:

walk 30 minutes or longer if I can and drink 64+ oz water

Today's menu:

B: bacon and 1 pc sausage
L: salad and ranch dressing
D: hubby put roast in crockpot, so I'll have that and asparagus tonight

Hope you all had a good day yesterday and a better one today.
Cheryl, how's induction going????

Michelle-I'm not sure I've been walking long enough to change the incline yet. I have a torn tendon in the side of my right foot and also a partially torn achiles tendon in the same foot, so they said I have to strengthen the muscles in my legs and feet before I can start even walking faster. I'm staying steady between 2.5 and 3.0 miles per hour, which right now keeps me out of breath. LOL Once I get the muscles built up a little, I'll start playing around with it. In the meantime, I'll just try to find things that will keep me entertained while walking.

Mel-how's the induction flu today?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I am doing good so far - I plan on getting on scale next week. My pants feel good today

I am disappointed today though - my two forever girlfriends (from New York) that came to see me in October were suppose to go on a trip to Aruba with me in April. One of the girls has time share. I was all excited about it but she cancelled last night -

I will just have to plan another vacation - perhaps to Siesta Key on the gulf of mexico - it is beautiful there! I will see.......

I am going back to New York in October for my nephew's wedding and I will stay a week so I can get into the city and see a play - my girlfriend said there is a hotel right by Times Square (Mariott) that is not too bad, moneywise - so that will be fun.

It will be much more fun 40 lbs lighter!!!!!

Cheryl
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awe, so sorry, that would depress me for weeks. My Mom loves Siesta Key.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the food tips, Tasha! After thinking about it, I think my biggest problem is that I keep finding recipes and running to the store to purchase the ingredients. I think I will make a set menu for the week and try to go from there. That should help out a bit!

That is interesting that your doctor told you to change to Aleve. Maybe the increase in D3 will help? I sure hope so! As for me, I am not sure that I am really having the induction flu. Now I think it may be either the stevia that I am putting in my coffee in the morning (I have read that some brands of stevia have fillers in them...mine has "natural flavors" which can cause headaches) or I think it is a lack of sodium. I wonder if some chicken broth might help? I didn't take an advil this morning, as I just hate to keep taking them. I am drinking a lot of water and it is noon here, so I just ate lunch. My headache's not as bad...but it's still there.

Michele - good job on the sushi! I personally don't like sushi at all (no tomatoes please), but I can understand having to control eating something that you love. That is a huge accomplishment! And great job on the 1/2 lb.

Cheryl - I can't wait until my pants start to feel looser. Too bad about your trip...but I hope you get to plan something fun.

I have decided that I don't want to count carbs, as counting never seems to work for me (I get obsessed, then overwhelmed, then I quit!). My plan is to pick a day a week or every two weeks and count to make sure I'm on track. Also, if I stall, I suppose counting would be beneficial as well. I counted yesterday and here are my totals:

Fat - 77g
Carbs - 30 g
Fiber - 6g
Protein - 63 g
Calories - 1092 (surprised the heck out of me!)

My breakdown for the day was:

65% Fat
24% Protein
11% Carbs

Now, yesterday was a bit different for me, as I had two snacks (occasionally I will have one, never two) and I disliked my dinner, so I didn't eat much. I know I'm a little high on carbs for induction, but frankly I never could have imagined that I could eat ONLY 30 g of carbs in a day!!! I can't even imagine what I was consuming previously.

Today is my busy day...work and then ballet with my daughter and then swim with my son. Since my husband is out of town, I do all of the running myself. Busy, busy!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mel, I don't count carbs either. I have a general idea of what 20 carbs in a day will be food wise, so I stick to that. The whole counting thing is the reason I'm not doing weight watchers or calorie counting or anything like that. I think you have to do whatever is easiest for you. I don't obsess about it, staying on plan is hard enough without adding all that extra stress to it!!!

I have a headache today too. Just a dull one, enough for me to know it's there, but not taking anything, just gonna ride it out. I just had something so embarassing happen. I got up to go downstairs and went to the bathroom all of myself when I stood. My boss was in here, so I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Had to throw my underwear away and then stressed about what to do, needed underwear. So he left for a minute and I texted him and told him I had to leave to get some immedium, ran to wm and got that and some undies. Don't know what happened, I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary, my stomach wasn't hurting or anything. SOOOO embarassing and I have never ever done that before, well, not at work anyway.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Oh no, Tasha! I bet that was embarrassing. Thankfully, it doesn't sound like your boss had any clue. When I do embarrassing things (and oh boy, do I do a lot of them!!!), I just try to erase them from my mind. No big deal!!! And if you aren't laughing about it yet...surely you will be a few days (or weeks or months...).

I have only had two children (and I'm only 37!), but I have been noticing that if I sneeze really hard or if I have a cold and cough a lot...boy, things just aren't good for me. I keep wondering how those women who have 10+ babies make it???

My headache is a dull one as well. I researched "natural flavors" a bit (the other ingredient in my stevia drops) and they can cause headaches. Hmmmm....off to the store to see what my other options are. Or I may be placing an order online somewhere.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do that too, mine has progressed and seems to get worse each year....running is out of the question, sitting cross-legged, sometimes walking up and down stairs, no jumping, coughing, sneezing, you name it. I was told in 2006 that my uterus is prolapsed and enlarged and is pushing down my bladder, I also have a cystocele and a rectocele that need repaired and at that time was in stage II Endometriosis. Seems like it is always something. After 4 procedures that year, I asked them if those things could be put off for a while, I was sick of dr's at that point. I have not gone back. I just deal with it. I know I need to go and a pap is necessary but I was just done with Dr's. Seemed like everytime I went they found something else, so I figured if I quit going they couldn't find anything I agree with you though, I have wondered how these women pop kid after kid out with no damage. They must have innerds(as dh calls it) made of steel

Let me know if whatever product(s) you end up with works.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, the joys of getting older

Tasha - sorry for that embarrassing moment - but just think, now you have new underwear I have done things like that all the time. Can we say white pants while having my period? Did you have egg whites this am? They do that to me all the time.

Mel - I remember those days running around with the kids - enjoy it cause before you know it, they are in their 20's......

I am getting a really good feeling today, like I CAN DO THIS, - no cheats. I bought meatloaf and beef merlot Atkins frozen meals for lunch - I just ate the meatloaf and it was quite good!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my, I used to do that when I was in high school. I don't have much of one of those anymore, so no more of those accidents. No, that's the weird thing, I haven't eaten anything strange or different, not sure what's going on. Hoping the immodium goes to work, so far so good!

I KNOW you can do this! You know what has really helped me so far is to put my goal chart on paper so I can see where I should be at points in the next 7-8 months. I see that and realize, WOW, I could really actually be at the weight I have longed for in just that short amount of time. When I get tempted or doubtful, I look at it. I even took a picture of the excel sheet to keep on my phone to look at. My problem is going to be when I get there, keeping it off!!! But I am willing to make this a forever thing if it means feeling and looking good in my clothes and getting off some of these medications.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was looking at some past posts and realized I have lost 13.5 lbs since Christmas YAY
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

01/23 216.5
01/24 216.0
01/28 211.0
01/29 211.0 TOM
01/30 210.0 TOM
01/31 208.5
02/01 207.0

Dang, I have lost 7.5 lbs in one week!!

Walked 30 minutes last night, increased my speed to 3.0 mph. Hubby was on a nibble binge last night, liked to drove me crazy. I kept going in and looking at the pantry, knowing there was nothing in there for me to eat. I finally told him to stop and went and worked on my afghan. Dang husbands anyway.

So, my February goal is going to be 191. That's a total of 16 lbs for the month or 4 pounds a week....very doable. Getting excited at the thought of getting there Also, to be walking for an hour by the end of the month

Today's menu:

B: bacon
L: salad with dressing
D: Ryan's, so probably steak and green beans, maybe a small salad

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Good morning everyone!

01/23 216.5
01/24 216.0
01/28 211.0
01/29 211.0 TOM
01/30 210.0 TOM
01/31 208.5
02/01 207.0

Dang, I have lost 7.5 lbs in one week!!

Walked 30 minutes last night, increased my speed to 3.0 mph. Hubby was on a nibble binge last night, liked to drove me crazy. I kept going in and looking at the pantry, knowing there was nothing in there for me to eat. I finally told him to stop and went and worked on my afghan. Dang husbands anyway.

So, my February goal is going to be 191. That's a total of 16 lbs for the month or 4 pounds a week....very doable. Getting excited at the thought of getting there Also, to be walking for an hour by the end of the month

Today's menu:

L: salad with dressing
D: Ryan's, so probably steak and green beans, maybe a small salad

Hope you all have a great day!
Yay!!! Good for your!! Sounds like you have been doing great with diet and exercise! I think I will try to follow in your footsteps, if that is okay. You can be my role model!!!

Today is going okay for me. We had some snow and ice overnight, so school is closed. I am working from home and the kids are doing well (they are 8 and 5...I have paid my 8 year old in the past to keep my 5 year old busy while I work!). It is supposed to snow overnight tonight, all day tomorrow and Sunday as well. My husband is out of town this weekend and it is just the kids and me, so we will likely just stay home. I enjoy lazy days at home (maybe I will actually get to read!!!), but I do worry about the snacking. I find that I do better with my eating when I am busy, busy...then I just don't have time for mindless snacking. I am going to try to plan my food for each day and STICK WITH IT. Hopefully that will help.

I bought some new stevia last night. It is SweetLeaf (the same brand as my drops), but I bought the packets this time. The only other ingredient is inulin and so far, no headache! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed about this.

Back to work I go!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh, I've never been anybodies role model

I do find that when I plan my menus I do much better. I know what I am fixing when I get home from work so I can set it out in the morning. I usually start supper, walk while it's cooking and then finish it when I'm done. Has made for a pretty good routine. If hubby cooks, then I just walk I usually sit down Friday or Saturday and plan my meals for the next week, I have to plan what I'm making dh in there too, so have tried to make him eat what I am and then just add a starch or offplan veggie in it for him. Makes it simpler, I don't have to cook two meals.

Where do you live Mel? We got a little snow yesterday afternoon/evening, but just enough to make the ground white. Is freezing cold today, was 8 degrees when I came to work this morning. WAY to cold for me!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

I am in WV. Schools normally close any time there is even a snowflake because there are so many hills and rural areas. We do not live in a rural area, but we do live on top of a big hill. I HATE driving on it when it snows (hence, the kids and I are staying home all weekend).
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I used to live in CharlesTown, loved it there, was so beautiful. Has been a very long time ago, but I was amazed that they didn't clean the roads there like they do here....things have probably changed since then, has been over 25 years since I lived there. I worked in Frederick, MD. We also live at the top of a hill and the only way to get out is going over another hill. I don't mind snow, but the ice is a killer and I no longer have a 4 whl drive vehicle, so if we get it this year, I stay home too. I ran off in the ditch 3 or 4 times and my husband had to push me out each time with the tractor last year(and I was driving the 4whldrive then), I won't do that again.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been super busy today - everyone have a great weekend and will chat with you on Monday!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I am going to have to try and get on my computer earlier in the day! I'm missing out on too many great conversations here! My mornings have been really busy the past few weeks though!
Tasha on the great weight loss! I'm going to have to figure out if I am eating too much fatty-protein versus lean-protein OR if the darn Atkins bars are doing me in??? Both of these things technically SHOULD be okay on a low-carb diet. It's just having a bite or two of the bars throughout the day has "saved" me from cheats on numerous occasions. I'm not eating more than 1 per day and it is divided throughout the day, and "theoretically" it should be okay to eat doing low-carb, but.....I'm thinking maybe not! I think I've been low-carbing long enough now that maybe I'm ready to offer-up the Atkins bars. Heck Tasha, if that's all it would take and I'd start dropping the weight like you are; then WHY WOULDN't I QUIT EATING THEM???
Cheryl, sounds like you're on the right track and doing and feeling good! Nice to hear about the Atkins frozen meals when in a hurry. My problem is when I used to buy any type of frozen dinner (lean cuisines etc), is I'd put them in my freezer and never end up feeling in the mood to eat them.
Mel, have fun with a laid back weekend! When I have time like that for a little R & R AND I'm trying not to snack, I like to plan something where I'm using my hands; crochet, organizing photos, craft project, paint my nails etc.

Today, I went to my very first ZUMBA class at the gym! OMG! It was so much fun! I have been wanting to try one of these classes, but decided that I wanted to have been working out for awhile to build up some stamina. In my younger days, I always enjoyed doing Aerobics classes so I am drawn to anything with music and movement. It did kick my butt though, but was able to maintain for the entire 50 minutes, so was happy about that. I sure hope that this will help budge my obstinate scale. Dropping 1/2-1# every day or two is not good enough. It sure beats the scale going in the other direction, but with the exercising I'm doing and following a low carb diet; I SHOULD be losing more!!!
I am still determined and committed!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Michele - I've tried zumba before and it kicked my butt too! It was fun, but I could never get it to work with my schedule. I really, really miss my husband being home every evening. I guess when I work out (which isn't often right now), it is exercise videos for me!

Tasha - I have never been to Charles Town, but I am familiar with that area. I actually live in the Charleston area. I grew up here, but lived in Columbus OH for 10 years after college. I am enjoying being "home", but I miss all of the things that were available in Columbus. WV is beautiful and I love it in the fall! But there's just not much to do I've never been to Missouri before, although I think part of dh's family is from there. What is it like?

I noticed a change today....I just don't have much of an appetite! I have eaten, but the food didn't have the same hold over me as it did before (not sure if I am making sense). I guess I could say that today I ate to live, rather than doing what I normally do which is to live to eat. I have read that a low-carb diet can lead to a lack of cravings. Boy am I hopeful that that is what is happening to me!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel K View Post
Michele - I've tried zumba before and it kicked my butt too! It was fun, but I could never get it to work with my schedule. I really, really miss my husband being home every evening. I guess when I work out (which isn't often right now), it is exercise videos for me!

I noticed a change today....I just don't have much of an appetite! I have eaten, but the food didn't have the same hold over me as it did before (not sure if I am making sense). I guess I could say that today I ate to live, rather than doing what I normally do which is to live to eat. I have read that a low-carb diet can lead to a lack of cravings. Boy am I hopeful that that is what is happening to me!!!
The lack of appetite Mel is definitely the positive outcome of ridding your body of the addictive carbohydrates! And that is definitely something to celebrate!
When my kids were little, I used to do exercise videos all the time! Somehow, I got out of that healthy habit....and what do you know, picked up a lot of weight. Ugh!
I live in Arizona and we're having beautiful weather right now! Should be in the mid 70's this weekend. Tomorrow my dh and I are planning a trail ride with our horses! Can't wait! Have to enjoy it this time of year because all too soon, we will be sweating up a storm during the dog days of summer.

Michele †
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

I just made homemade brownies for the kids. Pray for me! That is all.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

01/23 216.5 start date

02/01 207.0
02/04 207.0

Good morning all!!!

Michelle-congrats on the Zumba class!!! I think if I were more coordinated I would probably enjoy it, embarassing tripping over yourself though. lol

Mel-I was raised in Florida with the beaches and sunshine. Moved to Missouri when I was 15. BIG change. I hated it when I first moved here. Small town, nothing here, an hour to the closest mall. But I grew to kinda love it. We don't get as much snow as we used to, but think that is everywhere but further north. We live in the foothills, so is pretty hilly, love it now that I am older, just not much here for young people and definitely nothing to do on the weekends unless you drive to St Louis, which we do often in the summertime. The rivers are a nice thing to do on the weekends in the summertime, lots of springfed rivers and creeks. Oh, and I hear ya on the brownies.....I'm kind of at that point where I can do it now without it bothering me too much. I love to bake, have to be in the mood, but love it when I do, so am glad I'm past the point of wanting to devour the beaters and bowl

I didn't have a real busy weekend. Stuck to plan all weekend. I made cookies from a post I found on Pinterest. The perfect triple chocolate chip cookie. They turned out beautiful, everyone said they were delish! I wasn't even tempted, although they did look and smell good. Hubby made my Emerald Isle soup last night while I was making them cookies. I have to say was so scrumptious! I had him add two small handfuls of Monterey Jack Cheese. Tasted similar to McDonald's Broccoli/Cheese soup if you ever had it. AFTER I ate it, looked at the carb count and it said makes approximately 6 servings at 5 carbs per serving, well, I ate half of it, which was ok because I hadn't had many carbs all day. I brought the rest of it to work today for lunch, so will eat it instead of my salad today.

I didn't walk Friday or Saturday, but yesterday I walked 35 mins and for three of the songs I was listening to, they were very fast beats and I power walked.....was sweating when I was finished. Got up to 3.5 mph during those songs.

Not sure why I am still at 207 but that's ok, I think it's because I got into the pork rinds on Saturday and then maybe all the carbs at once for supper last night. But they were good carbs, maybe just too much sodium this weekend. I feel good. Feel so much better since I have been walking, much more energy.

Hope you guys have a great Monday!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

boy, I sure know how to kill a thread. What happened to everybody?

01/23 216.5 start date

02/01 207.0
02/04 207.0
02/05 208.0 wth?

I think the soup has caused problems. If I make it again, I will divy the portions up into 6 portions. Wonder if it could be sodium maybe? I don't know, but won't be doing that again.

L: salad with ranch dressing
Crystal Lite Peach Tea
D: either baked tilapia or tuna melt

Hope you guys are still chuggin along!!! Check in so I'll know how everyone is.
I miss you guys...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a horrible eating weekend that spilled into yesterday so I am really cranky...............sooo sick of this............
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come on Cheryl, get back on plan.... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

I'm here! Yesterday was day number 14 of atkins induction for me...and I kinda messed up. I'll give the short version of the story...dh works out of town, but he surprised us on Saturday and came home for the Super Bowl. I kept to the plan and didn't eat any of the pizza that dh and kids had. I tried eating pepperoni and cheese chips instead, but it wasn't the same. Since dh was home, I did have a couple of drinks with him. And since I didn't really ear much, I thin those drinks affected me way more than I intended. The next morning I woke up feeling a little sick at my stomach. I tried to drink my normal coffee with HWC and it tasted gross. The only thing that sounded good was bread. I finally gave in and ate half of a biscuit. I did fine at lunch, but then that evening, I realized that there was one homemade brownie left. I had packaged it up for dh to take back to work with him, but he must have forgotten. I spent the entire evening obsessing over that brownie and after the kids went to bed, I ate it!

I weighed in this morning with an 8 lb loss (8lbs in two weeks). I'm certainly not mad, but I hate that I screwed up so badly at the end of my induction period. I think I have decided to keep eating this way for another two weeks. Then maybe I will try adding in some additional veggies or nuts. Do you follow atkins? Thoughts on how to progress through eating this way?

Cheryl, just get back up, dust yourself off, and DO IT!!! Don't give up!!! We are here for you
Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mel-I did kinda the same thing day before yesterday, although no drinks. I was not feeling good, was by myself(the death of me) and those cookies I had made the other night were staring me down every time I walked in the kitchen. Dh came in, heated up some leftover spaghetti and went back outside. It smelled so good. and yes, I caved. I was at 208 yesterday morning and now I am up to 209.5 this morning. I think a lot is water retention because my hands,feet and face were swollen this morning. Disgusted, but not letting it get me down. I did get my 30 minutes walking in yesterday. 1.6 miles, mph varied by song, but averaged 3mph, sometimes faster, sometimes a little slower. I have found out that if I go above 3.5mph walking my lower back really starts hurting, so am trying to find a happy medium. I do follow Atkins induction, more the original than the later versions. I do things old school with no 'net' carb counting, I don't lose if I do it that way.

I'm not gonna let the gain get me down, I've still done pretty good. A lot of stress going on here at work. Found out I now have to start taking call. Two week stints at a time. Really sucks, I haven't taken call since 2005 or 2006. Not bad enough with my boss leaving and a lot of his work load is now coming on to me, like I didn't have enough already to do. My eye started twitching last night I got so aggrivated. Twitched for hours.

Oh well....

Today, our department is included in 3 others that won a pizza party. I brought a salad, and will probably peel the toppings off of a couple pizza pieces. I didn't eat breakfast this morning as I was running late, so....out the door I went. For supper, not sure....I had eggs for supper last night and was pretty good, may have that again. Either that or the fish I was going to have last night and didn't.

Have a good day. Cheryl, how did yesterday go?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Tasha, that stinks that things are tough at work right now. I'm not sure what 'take call' means (I don't know what kind of work you do), but it sounds stressful. And with the cheating, isn't it nice to know that you can have a moment when you're "off" and then get back to this woe? After my mess up, I was thrilled that I didn't have horrible cravings the following day (my fear).

I need to broaden my food options. I did purchase some fresh brussels sprouts to serve with a roast tonight. I hate to admit it but I have never tasted brussels sprouts before! I plan to roast them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then add some parmasean cheese. I hope they turn out!