Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Sorry I have been MIA, work is still majorly busy as is the home life! Jessie is now home. They think she didn't eat something that caused the tummy issues. They called it a syndrome, one that she will have the rest of her life. She shouldn't have many symptoms as long as she drinks plenty of water. How do you FORCE a dog to drink water??? She came home Saturday, $650 later. WHile Dennis was there getting her, EVERYONE RAVED about Tristan. Said he was the best worker EVER! Dr. Bradley even said, I hope to get 10-15 years out of him! Heck, I would be thrilled if T worked there through end of High School! Know what I mean?

This weekend I was a parent volunteer for a youth church event. We traveled to Topeka Friday night and stayed through Sunday noon. T went as did 3 other girls from our church. It was amazing. Very HOLY SPIRIT filled. Aimee went, so T and Aimee had a ton of time together. THey are so funny together. They are both really taken by each other. SO glad they are church related and attend all church activities together. Haven was with Dennis and he did anything and everything she wanted this weekend. It was a WIN WIN for both kids!

I ate well this weekend. My DD was Saturday I did good most of the day and ate a little more than norm. To be expected and explains why my extra weight isn't coming off!

Valentine's, we are ordering pizza and I am sure we will have wine! Haven leaves for my Mom's on Wednesday, so it will be just us with T!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Glad you checked in-Sorry about Jessie-and the cost! I don't know how you make a dog drink? I try to make Dolly drink when I think her kidneys smell strong-which is often-she doesn't drink enough-I keep a bowl of water in the living room lately-it does help her drink a little more! and I refill it often-she likes it cold? I don't know if those things would help Jessie or not?

I thought maybe work was keeping you tied up--sounds like a good Valentine planned with wine! I saw a wreath made with wine corks the other day-not sure where but I thought of you-it was really cute-and a tray also-if I run into again I will try to remember-maybe pinterest? so save those corks!!! they make a unique remembrance someday! think next valentines!

Keeping kids involved in church and activities are the best things you can do for them-I know it keeps you hopping but it makes for good kids! speaking of church-did you guys see where the Pope is stepping down? I sure wish they would pick a less conservative one that would be a little free with changing of the church laws-I don't think it will happen in my lifetime but I can still hope! another tidbit of info about me--my Dad was raised Catholic but my Mom was not--but all of us kids were raised in the catholic schools and church-Mom never went with us but Dad did--after Dad died-Mom decided she would join the church but she was 82 then I think but she had to take several months of classes and she was afraid-I told her I would attend every class with her if she would do it--she was the oldest person to join the church in our area--and she had her First Communion on Easter with our entire family there to witness it--I was her sponsor and we all celebrated-all the grandchildren all showed up at Mass and later dinner of course at a Amish buffet-lol!! I am sure my Dad was proud of her for finally making the decision-he never once pushed her to join that I remember-it was just time after all those years of making sure we attending catholic school and church..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #243

WE now have 3 water bowls for her and are thinking of adding a 4th! We do save the corks, not sure if we have enough to make anything YET!!!!

I did see that about the POPE! It is my feelings that the conservative nature of the Catholic church AND their horrible handling of the mistreatment of little boys over the years is what is leading to it's decline! OH that is a heartwarming story about your MOM! How amazing! Truly GOD accepts all ages, no matter!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #244

Dennis was raised Catholic, I was raised Lutheran. When we went to get married, we considered Catholic, but I was married before and what they wanted me to do regarding my EX was not an option. PLUS, we were living together at the time AND I was on Birth Control!!! To boot, I was livid when we met with the priest and he told me, Well of coarse you should want to be Catholic, WE are the first in line to go to heaven. My response>.....OH MY GOODNESS, there's a LINE?!?!?!!? Funny story!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

OMG-Bill was married to a Catholic girl before so I am living in sin according to the church! He refuses to go thru the paperwork required to get an annulment-I understand totally-it's insane what they put you thru-he is not the type to withstand that scrutiny-he is too private-so needless to say-I am not a happy camper with the church-I hate it when I cannot participate in the Mass-so I don't see this changing --Bill and I actually went to a church for several years that was a full gospel-I guess you would call it Pentecostal almost-we enjoyed it very much-but the preacher died and that ended that-he never felt comfortable with the new man-I believe that the sign over the door doesn't matter-we all are trying to end up at the same place! I agree about the priests that have abused children-they all need to be castrated--instead of protected like the church did-I don't think that story or stories will ever be done-it's too prevalent--sad but true...First in line to go to heaven--never heard that one! too funny--we live on a road with two churches--it's a short road too--a dead end road-I have always wondered if it means we are safe from tornadoes-one is a Pentecostal-and the other is Latter Day Saints--I think the Mormons think they are the only true church too? Not sure about that tho?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I was born and raised Catholic and so was Marcel. My first bad experience with the Catholic church was when my dad died. My mom's church was French and my dad and us ids didn't speak French. So she asked the priest to do part of the service in English so his kids would understand and they flat out refused. So after going to that church for over 50 years my mom had to change to my dad's church to get English spoken at the service. Both Catholic churches, just one refused to speak English. Even though outside of mass they all speak English more often than not.

Our second and last experience I had with the Catholic church was when we went to get married. We had dated 9 years, we were not living together (living in sin as they call it), I was 24 years old and Marcel was 27. They insisted we go for a weekend retreat and take marriage courses. To make a long story short....we told them we could not go away for a weekend, but would be happy to take weekly classes. They refused and said we were not committed to each other if we weren't willing to go away and pay $600.00 for this retreat. So I put my back up and saod a few things and the priest told me to shut up. He said God created females to serve men and not to have an opinion. He told me to go home and learn to cook and clean for my man. Yadda yadda yadda we found a different Catholic church to marry us (because of parents) and have never been back to any church since.
Also, if I didn't mention it, my brother is gay and I love him and respect him like crazy. Since the Catholic church refuses to accept him and condems him, but they accept what priests do to little boys I cannot handle the hypocrisy.
That's my rant for today.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Would have totally done the same thing Michelle and I feel the same way about gay people-I wish the world would accept them and just move on--I am thankful it is slowly changing but there is a long way to go--the generation I am in and the ones following me are more accepting thank goodness-same way with inter-racial marriages--doesn't bother me-but both of these things throw my Mom into a tizzy! it is just their generation!

Rant away-it's the only way things will change-you can always rant here anyway--we love you no matter what!!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #248

Michelle - that is another HUGE issue I have with the Catholic church. It's feelings on Gay people. I firmly believe GOD doesn't make junk and that being Gay isn't just something you decide to do, you are born that way. So, if God doesn't make junk, then Gay people should be loved/treated the same as everyone else.

I know I have mentioned that this is my 2nd marriage. My first was to "the boy next door". I knew him, his family, we got together after high school while he was in the military. We were married on 12/11/93 and left 2 days later for Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas. Within a couple months I knew things were NOT right. I finally left in May. My Dad flew out and helped me drive my car home to Missouri. It was only after I left that my EX called to tell me HE was GAY! I have never had an issue with Gay people and still don't. MY only issue is when they marry thinking they can stuff it back and hide. It was tramatic AND that was when the military was "don't ask don't tell!" Several years later he tried to get into a HIGH SECURITY level position and they contacted me to ask several questions. I had always told him, I would not randomly tell people, but that if asked, I would not lie. I am grateful that the military isn't that way anymore! RANT DONE! The person the information KILLED was his Mom/Dad. She was open to it, but his Dad was White male that thought all WHITE people and "normal" people were superior. They ended up divorcing after 25+ years of marriage and I know his origins were a large part of it. That being said, I think he now has a job at the Pentagon and is doing very well in life and has a life partner.

So yesterday was a good DD, around 650 calories. Dennis made me a mushroom/tomato omlette and it was DELISH! Tonight we are jammed busy. I have a salon appointment at 4:30, Haven and Dennis have Fat Tuesday celebration at church and T is working and I have to take him to a practice session of his "Model UN" competition. It will be a long day for sure! Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday! Haven doesn't have school on Thur/Friday so we took 1/2 day off and we are meeting Mom/Dad in KC to shop and eat an early dinner. Then we will all head back to go to church and Haven will go spend the entire weekend with my parents! FUN WEEK!

Oh and I need to finish Haven's blanket. I will have to give it to her tomorrow!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #249

Well my evening plans have changed. T's school nurse called, he was in there. He missed yesterday but I thought he was doing better today. NO GO! Took him to the clinic, double ear infection and a sinus infection! I do believe my evening plans just changed. He and I will be staying home! Good, bad??? Since I missed 2 hours of working taking him, I'll just work from home tonight!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Well aren't we a fine bunch. You know when I was growing up I wondered why my family wasn't like the Brady bunch or Partridge family, but as I aged I began to realize there is no such family. Knowing that helps but it doesn't stop the hurt.

Anyway, Monica I hope T. is doing better. I hope he is better for his big Valentine's Day with Aimee. I would love to see a picture of the blanket you are making Haven. It sounds fascinating. I'm sure missing work isn't helping you with all the stress that has been causing you lately.

Jeanne--How are the cravings doing? Are you back in ketosis? Is the sun shining over there?

Well I gave blood yesterday and everything went well. The nurses were amazed at my blood pressure.they looked at the questionaire I filled in where it said are you on any medications and I had checked the NO box and they said it was remarkable for my age and family history. It was 110/66. Is that good? I hope so. I hope they weren't just foolin with me.

Eating has been going well so far this week. Not feeling any lighter (not even with the missing blood LOL)but I feel pretty good. I only have minor stiffness from my fall. I think if it was spring and I was more active I wouldn't even have that, but being a winter couch potato isn't helping the healing process. Come on spring !

Time for hockey ladies, talk to you later.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-late check in today-busy day cleaning at Mom's then running a couple of her errands-her feet and back are bad today--then I took the hubs to the Amish buffet for his Valentine gift!! he would rather have that than anything I think! I stayed totally on plan-had two tiny chicken wings with a little breading but there wasn't much! had salad and green beans! hard to watch him eat raisin pie and then go for a big bowl of ice cream! Afterwards I made him go with me to Walmart-we picked up some lowcarb ice cream bars for me so I can one later! I couldn't believe the amount of flowers and cards that are stocked there just ready for the big day--hard to imagine they could sell that many! I told him I didn't want him to buy me flowers this year-I told him we would just call the tv our valentine's gift-works for me!

Michelle-glad you are feeling more in control--I am impressed that you don't take any medications--you are one lucky person to be that healthy--I take 4 prescribed meds-I would like to quit mine-I may be able to stop my blood pressure one of these days-I only take a half of a pill now down from a whole-but my I know my lab work in January was better than I have ever had in years--so I attribute it to the diet..

Monica-so sorry about T--I too hope he can feel better in time for the Valentine celebration-I know it must mean so much to them at their age-I can barely remember! I picked up some yarn when at walmart-I haven't crocheted in years but thought I would try again if I remember this week-winter time just brings the need to do something crafty. I will need to find some instructions! I know Haven will love her blanket-I made one for my grandson several years ago.. they are so nice and cozy..try and get some relaxing time in there too if you can--how is your stress lately?

well-time to relax--can't believe it was such a busy day--I don't think I could run like this day after day again

How is Jessie doing? drinking more water?

Nite girls
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #252

Michelle certainly the missing blood will result in a nice LOSS for you. Charma and all! I will take a picture of Haven's blanket and post it. We gave it to her today since she is leaving to stay with my parents. She loved it. T is much better today. BONUS it is early out at school so he only has to manage until 1:30. Your blood pressure is great. Mine is a bit lower than yours as I have naturally LOW blood pressure. My bottom and top number are only 2 digits. I had a nurse one day FREAK OUT about it. Said with it that low, I should be in a COMA! He obviously had blood pressure issues.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #253

Jeanne - I made probably 25 knotted blankets several years ago. I made one for just about everyone I know. Haven got one then too. She told me hers was getting a little thin! plus she wanted one with volleyballs on them! My Grandma tried to teach me to knit and crochet (not sure the difference) I never could get it.

Yesterday was an inline up day. So far I am struggling with this dd. I woke up starving. I hate that. Drinking my water to see if that helps. We meet my parents in KC at 2:00 today. I would like to save my calories for a light dinner with them. We will see!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #254

Good morning all! Happy Valentine's day to my LC Friends. I hope today is a great day for all!

We are working, of coarse, and tonight we have Haven's parent teacher conference and then we are ordering pizza and will make chocolate covered strawberries with T! Should be fun!

How is everyone today???
Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #255

My first Valentine gift from Dennis. Anyone know anything about these type of Orchids?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentine's day to you too Monica and Jeanne! Love the both of you so much!!!!

Sorry Monica I know nothing about those flowers other than they are beautiful.

I made the mistake of buying Marcel some Valentines mini cupcakes for a treat for him and unfortuneately induldged in them myself. Usually I don't have an issue turning down grocery store bakery items (they are so fake) but I got caught up in the Valentine's day momentum. Oh well I'll be good the rest of the day.

Have a sweet day ladies . Off to work now.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentines Day my dear friends!!! Hope you all know how much you mean to me!!!

Monica-I have never received an orchid--that is one flower my brother used to give my sil a lot-but I know nothing about them-sorry--it is beautiful!! good taste that man!!! I loved the way you said my first gift-lol--I love the confidence in you knowing there will be more!! I am anxious to find out what he thinks about the memory picture!! chocolate covered strawberries sound so good! have a great time with your special plans! I want to see the blanket too!

Michelle--ooops on the cupcakes--good thing they were mini--not much damage that way! you can forget it and make something legal now! I made a raspberry cheesecake this morning--have no idea if it will be good but Bill loves cheesecake and thought I would try a new recipe I found to convert to lowcarb--I have been watching that thread on LCF about a new flour mix-so I mixed some of it up yesterday and used it in the recipe as a bisquick replacement-it sure looks good-I wish I knew how to post pictures-I would show you--do you guys use photobucket and put your pics there and then download them here? I am clueless how you do it?

anyway-the cheesecake is to set in the fridge for 4 hours after cooling-so it is there now-anxious to test it! We will be doing nothing special-I did get a Happy Valentine's Day verbally this morning--I didn't even buy him a card this year--the red swirls on the cheesecake are the festive for us! we are old!

talk to you later
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to add that Dolly received her Birthday Piggy today-she isn't too interested--she was more interested in the rawhide chewy stick she received-I don't like giving her rawhide so she doesn't get those often and I take them away when they get about half gone-I just don't like taking the chance of her getting choked on one..

So we will be celebrating her big day today too--glad to have her these last 4 years!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

OH NO! I forgot! Happy b-day Dolly and many many more!

I'm sure she'll warm up to here piggy.

Raspberry cheesecake sounds perfect. I think I'll do the same.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #260

Quote:
do you guys use photobucket and put your pics there and then download them here?
You can just copy and paste the link from photobuck directly into a thread here. Just upload to photobucket and click on the tab noted IMG code. It will automatically copy the link for you...then you just paste it here directly where you type. Hope that helps!

Dolly - Happy birthday girl! I don't give Jessie hides much either, she chews on them till her gums bleed. Did I mention my dog is NOT smart???

Michelle - one mini cupcake does not a WEEK ruin!!!!!! Have a great day!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #261

Hey girls! I survived Valentine's day. Calories were probably higher than they should be. We all enjoyed ourselves. Dennis LOVED his framed item and the bar10der gadget. He was very shocked! Now to figure out where to put it.

Plans for the weekend?

Tonight I am leading Bingo night at T's school. Tomorrow T has drivers Ed class all day, so Dennis and I will do stuff around the house. Tomorrow evening T wants to take Aimee to the movies in KC and then to dinner. We will go along and enjoy with them! Sunday is SS and church, then we will meet my parents and Haven in KC and get her back home!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--Glad you survived Valentine's Day. Once again it seems you have a busy weekend ahead of you. What movie are you going to see?

Jeanne--How was the cheesecake? Is Dolly over the festivities?

Very quiet up here. I took the day off just because. I certainly wouldn't do that if we were busy, but work is still very slow. So it's nice to stay home with the furbabies and keep warm. Doing lots of laundry too. Sadie has quite a few "accidents" these days and needs her butt washed a lot, hence the laundry. Other than that all is the same and boring here. Tonight is bbq hamburgers for dinner, yes even at -25 below 0 we still bbq. We just do it fast. LOL

Later ladies
Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls-it was a different day for me--one of my besties called today and we gabbed for over 2 hours on the phone then my dil called and asked if she could come over and watch soaps with me--she called in sick today-so we watched tv a little but mainly just caught up with everything going on-she stayed for almost 4 hours-I didn't accomplish much today except fix dinner!

Michelle-glad you can take off and have a day home too--and it gives you a 3 day weekend --that hopefully will give you a little more rest? I love bbq hamburgers! we grill out all year too but we aren't near as cold as you! can you get some of those doggy diapers for Sadie-or would she be too uncomfortable with them?

Monica-enjoy your busy weekend--how did Haven enjoy her blanket?

I actually thought about maybe going to Indy tomorrow but I couldn't reach Nate today--will have to see later

Michelle-the cheesecake came out tasty-except the flour mix I substituted didn't make a crust--so it's just a crustless cheesecake-Bill likes a crust but that isn't stopping him from eating it!! he rarely eats my lowcarb creations but he likes this-it is sinfully creamy and rich-so I will make it again with a crust probably.. did you make one?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-15-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

good Saturday morning--not sure what is on the agenda-if anything today-at least it is sunny cold! never did reach the son-so I guess Indy is out! he maybe is in Chicago? I think they were thinking about going to see her family?

received word that my great aunt passed away yesterday-she was actually visiting out of state-she was 97 and my Mom's last aunt-she will be missed-we tried to visit with her every time we went to Evansville shopping or to the doctor-sorry we didn't get to see her one more time-it seems that is the way it happens--don't know any of the plans yet--she was one of the good 97 year olds--she was still living at home altho her grandson lived there with her and did most of the work-she groomed dogs up until a couple of years ago.

will check in later
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear of your great aunt Jeanne. 97 is a good long life. How's your Mom doing?

No plans here, just bumming around.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

I actually took a nap this afternoon-I haven't been sleeping well at all so this was nice-nothing else going on! quiet here too Michelle!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--this one is for you luxe + lillies: HOW TO GROW A LOVE FERN [ORCHID]
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #268

Jeanne so sorry about your Great Aunt. I hoped she lived a long happy life. Thanks for the link on the orchid I will sure check that out. Haven loved her blanket
Old 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #269

Michelle sunny cold is much better than wet dreary cold!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #270

Date night did not happen. It's a crazy story of us being bad parents and T ending up with an emergency appendectomy !!!! Surgery!!! I'll tell the horrible story later. He is great now. Had surgery at 7:00 pm and we left with him at 9:58 pm! Shocking , huh???