Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I didn't mention, Monday night T and I went shopping for him to buy Aimee a valentine's gift! Poor guy! He had NO CLUE! We finally decided on a stuff Lion (that looked identical to our High Schools mascot) a small box of chocolates and a card. He was like, MOM I really have no idea what to get! I think they are "going out" for Valentine's on Friday the 15th! He plans to buy her dinner and go to the movie! How FUN< right?????
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

By the way, my weight won't seem to budge off of 174. YES that is where I am right now! Heck, I started over 176 right after the cruise! I think I need to buckle down and get serious! I weighed this morning hoping to see at least 172, no such!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/170.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-I love the picture timeline thing--so very unique-but how will the picture look without a figure or something figural for you and Dennis-I agree I don't like the figural for the both of you--but with the other things on the timeline having a pic-I think it will look a little off balanced without some type of pic there-I hope there is something that you might include that could depict the both of you-not cartoonish like what is pictured-surely they have something else? How about some wedding rings with the date of your wedding? something like that? with your names still included of course! just thinking out loud here!

I think we all are still trudging along here-I know that I am anyway--I still know if I wasn't here working along with you girls I would be so much worse off than I am--you guys keep me going and working towards my goal--that is better than gaining which I would be doing otherwise-so even maintaining is good in my book! there is a lot to be said for that! hang in there--we will all keep going together!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-06-2013 at 09:10 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica--I agree with Jeanne on the picture. You need a pic at the end but I'm not sure what. Maybe your hands holding with your rings showing. I';m not very creative.

I also agree with Jeanne on the just getting by. I wish I was doing better on my goal, but I know I would be doing worse if it wern't for you two. When I eat improperly You guys pop into my head and I definitely cut back. If it wasn't for you two I would be so worse off. But somehow we have to find our way back to the devoted girls we once were.

I hope you guys love those brownies as much as I did. They are super. And now for sure I will make that rib recipe of yours Jeanne. The only thing is we don't have diet Dr Pepper here, so I will have to try something else.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-can you get Diet RC products? I have seen BBQ recipes using the diet rite orange and diet rc cola-I think? both are made with splenda which is supposed to handle heat and cooking better than the aspartame-I was concerned about using the dr pepper but it turned out ok--I would think and choose those if I had no other choice..

Monica--too cute about the valentine gift with T--sounds like he really likes Aimee--hope it all goes over well--young love!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's what they came up with!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

I love this one! I think it is perfect! What do you all think?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree, I am not back where I was in November, but with both of you I WILL GET THERE!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

I like it! the only thing I would change I think is the color of the names--the blue and pink names are lost on top of the blue and pink hearts--they need to make the names stand out on top of the hearts-maybe make the names outlined or something? I am not a graphic design person but I think the names fade here in the hearts? it's just not CRISP like the other designs?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-06-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I will ask them to do that! I think the finished product will pop better than this too. It is sort of 3D in the frame and all! I appreciate your input. I can't wait to get it and see it and give it to him. Dennis is so hard to buy for!!!!!!! I also bought him a Bartender gadget. He loves mixing drinks and such!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

You have a great eye Jeanne.

Monica---That is such a thoughtful gift.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

I think he will love that! I would love something like that! I could never see the hubs doing that-I will probably get some flowers from Walmart that he will buy on the way home from work-he drives right past there--no card-he is just not into standing and reading cards--never has been! and then next month I will get the credit card bill! lol-!!! I used to get flowers at my job which I appreciated--he had to do a little more then but this year I think I will tell him to forego the flowers-we just bought a new tv for the bedroom and I think that is enough of a gift for the both of us? I can do without a gift-maybe I will buy some more ribs and we will celebrate with some food next weekend? we were both sad to see the ribs finish..

I am hoping to see the 160s before the end of this challenge! Not sure if I will get there but I might if I quit doing the sabotage number on myself! I am finally back into ketosis that is helping my hunger pangs-4+ days to get back into ketosis kills me!! I need to think about that hunger before I give in to my urges next time! I better start packing a lunch next time the hubs wants to eat at a buffet! or at least a dessert-that might help me?

beautiful day here--going to rain tomorrow I believe-I am so ready for spring!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - I too hope to get to the 160's by end of challenge. When is that??? Ribs is a good start for Valentine's. Funny story. When Dennis and I truly got together, I had never really had a boyfriend that did any of that Valentine's stuff. I literally said to him, I don't ask for a lot, but on Valentine's, I want flowers delivered to the office. No question, it just needs to happen. No matter how poor, I will always want them! He laughed! The first year we were together, I wasn't even sure we were truly boyfriend/girlfriend...he sent me a dozen roses. 6 pink and 6 red. I knew then for sure, HE WAS A KEEPER! Now, we work at the same office and it's small. He still does flowers, but often, he will just get them and have them on my desk when I get here. A lot cheaper than deliver on V-day! I know he will love this plaque thing and his bartender tools. I think we are doing Pizza that night. It's an UP DAY! I am making Haven her knotted blanket. The materials cost $40. Now, what can I get for the BOY that equals $40????

Michelle - Thanks, I literally found it by doing a search of unique valentine gifts for guys. How are things up your way??? Tons of snow still? It is raining here today. Dark, dreary, but MAN we need the rain so much, it makes it nice!

Good up day yesterday and hoping for a nice low DD today! I am eating my cottage cheese now, so that is hopefully a good sign. Sometimes I have to eat early, anything past 10:00 a.m. is good!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

oh and for the record, when I got the proof emailed to me, I wanted to immediately show someone. My thoughts instantly went to sharing it with you girls!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for thinking of us to share with--we are truly sisters and buds!

I was thinking this challenge was a Valentines challenge for some reason???? but I just looked at the calendar--that is just a week away--yikes I hope the challenge doesn't end then!!! I am a goner if it does! when does it end Michelle? I am hoping the end of the month maybe??? that is closer to 10 weeks-is that what you had in mind??? I am good with whatever you decide-I will just keep on keeping on whatever we decide-I am here for the duration!! back to laundry!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

I believe we started Jan 2., so 10 weeks would be March 13th. I think I'm going to need til next year! LOL

Monica--- Thanks for thinking of us in such a way. Very touching!

We still have snow here up the wazoo. I should take a picture from my living room window. It is at least 5 feet tall. We will probably have snow til mid May. No thoughts of spring here.

I feel like I'm rambling. I'll regroup and come back in a bit.
Jeanne is that your cat? How majestic!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

I have a chance to still do something then! as far a changing my weight I mean-whew-I have done too many challenges without making a change-I really want to do better this time!

Michelle-that is Wilson-he is my last cat-we did have three at one time-there was Whisker and Winslow-Bill brought home Winslow-he had been working at a landfill and feeding this sick cat that would share his lunch-he was really sick so before he left the job after a week or so he brought the cat home-It took several visits to the vet before he was well enough to even come up to the house and leave the barn-he had horrible diarrhea and had lost his hair-he had eaten bad things at the landfill-anyway-the landfill was located in a town called Winslow-so we named him that-so Whiskers and Wilson both came from the shelter and Wilson was actually a breeder Siamese-he had never known love and was raised in a cage-he is an old cat-but I have had 3 Siamese cats-they are a wonderful breed-more dog like-he plays with Dolly-he will chase her and she loves it! Back to Winslow--he turned out to be Bill's cat-he only wanted Bill-he would sit on his lap and follow Bill around-I couldn't get him to pay attention to me-he loved Bill-he followed Bill to the barn and messed around down there but one day the neighbors dogs found him and killed him behind the barn-we were devastated-especially Bill-the neighbor said his dogs had never done anything like that before but they sure did that day!! well--off on a tangent again-sorry!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - how tragic! I am not a CAT person at all, I think they are cute, but hate that they can take you or leave you. KNow what I mean?

SPeaking of animals, Jessie is at the vet, she ate something (no clue what) rotten and has a horrible bacteria infection. Blood coming out her bottom, you name it. They called, they are doing antibiotics, IV and plan to keep her till tomorrow, MINIMUM! Darn stupid dog. If it smells BAD, don't EAT IT!!!!!!!!!! She will never learn.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

oooooh--that sounds like something Dolly would do--she is like a catfish-a bottom-eater--anything on the ground is edible she thinks-she will drop it if we catch her and holler! but otherwise it is hers-I came home the other day to find feathers on my wool rug in the living room-I figure Wilson brought in a bird and Dolly partook of it! yuk! no bird parts but the feathers were left! I hope Jessie gets better soon-we had an Airedale that I think ate mushrooms that came out of the tree trunk-we never did know for sure what she ate but she was bleeding from the bottom too-that was the only thing in the yard that we know of? what kind of dog is Jessie? sounds like she is really sick.. some dogs will eat rocks even!

You haven't had the right kind of cat-most are aloof but Siamese are not-they are talkative and follow you outside like a dog-they are very much a people person.. at least the ones I have had?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls--it's FRIDAY!!! what is going on? I thought I was taking Mom shopping today but she changed her mind this morning-yippee--I really didn't want to go-it's 30 miles and not really good shopping-one clothing store and walmart-but she can ride the electric cart-I would rather go 50 miles and spend the day with more stores and do TJMaxx and KOHLS and Sams and Walmart-and ALDIs and do it up right-those days really wear her out but we can get a lot done-I have a doc appt later this month that we will do that I guess-but would like a day sooner--I need to get some weight off before then! I better!

so what is up with all of you for the weekend-yesterday was a good day food wise-the cravings are finally gone-yippee! love being back in ketosis-sorry I lost 5 days after eating the Chinese buffet and lost those days-my blood sugar the day after the feast was 141 and now back to 84-sure makes me realize I need to stay the course! that has been my highest blood sugar ever--some just under that but that is my highest! it is an eye opener! I need to keep this in mind when I want to eat off plan

need to run to the bank later and then back to work on some paperwork-thankful we are not up in New England!

How is Jessie Monica?

Michelle-I don't think I could deal with that much snow-I feel so much better with sun-even yesterday we had sun and I could feel my temperament had improved-I need to move to florida or Arizona I think? how do you do it? I would be depressed all the time I think? how much summer do you actually have where you can be outside in the warm weather?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Monica- How is Jessie doing? Do you know anything yet?

Jeanne- I don't do alot of shopping, but to have to drive 30-50 miles to get to any stores would drive me crazy. You must be so upset when you get back home from one of those outings and realize you forgot something. I know I would be, because I'm upset when it happens to me and am only 15 min. away from any store.
I loved your cat stories. So touching. We seem to learn something new about each other everyday.

As for all the snow... I hate it, but I am like you. I need the sun and even though we have all this snow we have plenty of sunshine. We have plenty of sunshine here. It is just not hot enough to melt anything. Oh if it was cloudy here all the time I would move for sure.

No plans here for the weekend. Hopefully eat well with no crap food though. Fingers crossed. Glad to hear you are in ketosis Jeanne. I don't think I've gotten myself there yet. I am still hungry and a bit cravy.

Off to work. Talk to you later. Monica let us know about Jessie?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I buy ketostix to check my urine for ketosis-I cut them in two to make them last longer! I only use them to check when I know I might have eaten something to throw me out or when I am getting back into ketosis after being out! I like the feedback!

I don't have anything big this weekend either-I thought we might head up to Indy but not sure-no definite plans..I never did get to my paperwork today!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-08-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne--- I have your rib recipe in the oven right now. I couldn't use Dr. Pepper, so I substituted Orange flavored Zevia.I think it should be fine. As long as the ribs are tender I'll be happy.

Monica-- Please check in and tell us Jessie is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in and didn't gain but didn't lose either. I think my pilot light has been lit and I will finally buckle down. Cross your fingers my determination lasts this time, At least til I get back into the 170s.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Verdict is in on the ribs and they are GRRRRREAT! Thanks for the recipe Jeanne.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-so glad the ribs turned out for you!! we are talking about doing them again soon also! it's nice to finally have a recipe that works! I haven't seen the zevia around here-I am sure it is in the Big city at the health food stores-I am sure it is better than using aspartame-I think next time I will use RC brand of orange so I can at least have splenda!

Glad you are determined-I know you can do this--not gaining is a plus in my book too-anytime I can go a thru a week and not gain--it means I have done something right-now add your determination to the pot and you will have a good stew! see-it's always about food with me-lol!! it's really about health-I keep eating lowcarb-probably more than I should but I am on this journey for life and I have to figure out how to eat this way forever-I am probably eating more than usual when I normally do lowcarb but I want to stay satisfied at the same time because I want to change my thinking and realize I can be totally at peace with this way of eating and not go hungry! I know it's possible! it may take me a little longer to get to goal but I am not going any where to rush the process.. I feel better already!..I am thankful to have buds to share the journey.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning girls-we have rain today but can't complain after seeing what New England received in snow! I am thankful we didn't get that storm!

I must have eaten too many carbs yesterday-I was hungry again-a telltale indication-I need to really watch it better-I fixed homemade pizzas yesterday and must have eaten too much during the day!

what is everyone doing for Valentines Day? we will not be doing anything special-we are still talking about cooking ribs again for the weekend but that will be all the celebration for us! Dolly was born on Valentines Day-she is love bug baby-she will be 4 on that day-I bought her a pig squeak toy last month-she loves her squeak toys-its a fuzzy pink and blue with hearts on it-she carries her favorite toy around-its a snowman and sleeps with it-I have washed it so many times it is about to fall apart-I am trying my best to avert her attention to make another one her favorite but she loves that snowman-when she is tired she picks it up and carries it to bed and keeps trying to tell us she is tired! her box of toys is huge! she is so spoiled.

Monica-sure hope Jessie is ok? anxious to hear.

my printer is on the blitz again-seems like every few days it refuses to print-I have more connections problems lately than anyone I know! it appears to be connected but refuses to print anything! I am so tired of dealing with computer issues lately-seems it is so often!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Monday morning check-in-I lost 2.5 of the Chinese buffets pounds that I gained! not back where I was for one big day of cheating! I paid dearly for that one day-it's taking more than a week to get off one day of gluttony!! I need to remember that price!!

Where are you Monica? Hope everything is ok? I worry when people don't check in..

Michelle-how are you doing today? I need to figure out what to cook tonite-doing laundry and cleaning today-the sun is shining so it makes cleaning so much easier! I am waiting on the rural electric to come repair our security light on our pole-it was shooting out sparks last evening and then it quit--so it was pitch black last nite here on the ranch! I don't like it being so dark out there! I hope they come before tonite! I called early!

well-I need to scat before I get distracted--which I do too easily!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

How's the rain going down there jeanne? I loved the story of Dolly and her squeaky toy.Sadie used to love toys, now it's only Ben. She would never be without one, but now she couldn't care less. But Ben...just try and take it away from him and his 8lbs of fury come out. You might need three fingers to hold it. He pulls and pulls and you barely feel anything.
No plans for Valentine's Day here. We have never been a romantic type couple. Since the day we met we each had no money, so we never did anything for most occasions. And 32 years later we still have no money, so we still do nothing. When I look at it that way it sure sounds like we have wasted our lives doing nothing and having nothing. I think I'll stop thinking about that or I'll end up eating something bad for me.

Tonight we are giving blood, so I know I'll be under the weather for the next few days, but I don't mind. I enjoy thinking that maybe I am helping someone by donating. I am 0- so they use my blood for unborn babies that need blood. I hope I have saved some babies!

I ate well this weekend and feel pretty good because of that. It's my t.o.m. right now so bloating and fullness is just part of the fun. There's always next week right?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

A loss is a loss! I wish we could remember these times when we fall off the wagon, but some how that gain just doesn't register when the yummy food is going in.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-there is no romance here either-I think there was at the beginning but we didn't do much either-money has always been an issue-kids to raise and college was a huge debt plus I ended my career ten years early to take care of my dad and now my Mom--it was a decision I don't regret but it has made these years a whole lot tougher and our retirement a whole lot leaner than we expected and planned it to be.. I really do not need to have flowers and to have a big fuss made on Valentines day-I would appreciate a card which I have never received but I am ok without that also.

You are definitely saving lives when you give blood Michelle-especially with your blood type-you have no idea how many lives you have saved over the years! giving blood is so necessary.

So glad you had a good weekend on plan-it helps with feeling back in control-I hate that out of control feeling--you will have a great weigh in this week--keep it going!

I hate to tell you how much Dolly weighs!! she is almost 19 lbs of pure chunk! Bill actually quit feeding her for a couple of days after he found out how much she weighed--I told him he was killing her with every bite he gave her! I will weigh her again on the 25th -it will be a month then that she has been on the light dog kibble-I hope she has lost some-I am measuring her amount everyday now also-she was always able to eat freely any amount before and she really doesn't run out much before her time to eat-so it does seem to hold her well enough--now if I can get her outside when it warms up and we can start walking it will help both of us! I am shocked Ben only weighs 8 lbs-Dolly is a load when I pick her up!