Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Yea Jeanne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mouse has left the house!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you got rid of it so fast. I would have been a nervous wreck.

Now maybe you can catch a quick nap before your visitors. You really do seem to live in the animal kingdom. I would be worried about my dogs in
that case. Do those animals go after the dogs? Does Dolly know instinctively to stay away from some or all of them? I am such a city dweller.

Well the cold snap broke until mid next week. We will be at neg. 20 or so for the next few days. Like I said that feels warm after a cold spell like that.

as for celebrating my bday..... since Marcel didn't want us to do anything for his 50th bday last June,cause we were broke, there is no way I want money spent on me since I was just a 48th bday. Maybe one day we will have money again and we could make up for some of these missed celebrations. For now we just have to put( healthy ) food on our everyday table.

See you later ladies!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle I understand about finances-we watch pretty close here too--I was shocked when the hubs told to order the Vitamix-!! I have wanted one for years and years-plus QVC had it with 6 payments I think and that was the only way I could have afforded it since our furnace was our big gift here! you will make your 50th the huge celebration by saving up and making it extra special this way--altho sometimes even little things work that don't cost money--a day out going to junk and thrift shops would do it for me--we did that together a couple of years ago--one of the best times I had just looking at junk-don't think we bought a thing!

We do have a lot of animals here-and the coyotes are really bad-the neighbor dog was injured and spent 3 months at the vet-she was Dolly's size and eventually she was missing again and never found-I am sure the coyotes got her again-we are very careful of Dolly-she does get away from us once in awhile during the day-she likes to go behind the barn where we can't see and that worries me--she is always in at nite and we have a huge fenced in back yard so when she goes out to potty she is safe--the cat usually stays close to the house too-but there have been multiple cats missing due to coyotes-they will come up very close to the house and don't seem afraid of humans-we live very close to the highway and are only 2 miles from town but we do have several acres and a woods across the road and behind us that holds a lot of animals.

Poor Dolly is a tired puppy today--she was vigilant for sure-I am proud of her for holding her stance -I am not sure if her terrier or her beagle made her do this-she is still looking in the fireplace and I keep telling her all gone--I have rewarded her with a chew bone and she is ready to hunt again! she will sleep well tonite-

The whole crew is headed here shortly-all of Bills kids and the grands-so we will have a housefull-Christmas again! I have the camera ready! later
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all! Jeanne, your animal stories scare me to death. I am like Michelle, City-dweller! I don't do critters or slithery things at all! I prefer to have only my PET Jessie in the house. I don't do any of the other animals! Heck, we won't even let the kids get pets for their rooms. Thankfully, neither have inquired much about it. At one time we did have a fish tank, but that is all! How was your visit? Bill's Kids? Are your sons children you had with Bill? I don't think I ever asked that.

Michelle - as I get older, birthdays are more about getting together with my family and enjoying time together....OH and CAKE! Of coars a gift is nice, but not what's important.

We had a very exciting weekend. Friday I got off work and Haven and I ran errands and did a little shopping. We ended up out longer than I wanted. I got my back adjusted, went to the bank for CPO and for Haven. We shopped Target and Payless Shoes (Haven had money to spend). We got home right at 6:00 and my parents arrived a few minutes after we walked in the door. We ate dinner and then played games till 10:00 p.m.

Saturday we were at volleyball ALL DAY! Initially we were going to have T come to some of the games...until I found out KU had a home game. The gym Haven was playing in was right across the street from Allenfield House (that is where the KU Men's team plays. Basketball is HUGE in this town. We always try to stay in the house when there is a home game at KU). Since we were right there, I didn't want to leave to get T and come back and have to search for parking. We parked right in front of the gym and at noon I went out and paid the $20 so I could keep that space. My Dad has breathing issues AND after 3 back surgeries...doesn't walk the best. Well Haven team did REALLY WELL on Saturday. They ended up playing in the championship game. To get there, in bracket play, they played 7 games in a row. Poor girls was DEAD tired after it all. We got to the gym at 8:10 and we didn't get home till 7:00 p.m. Dad left around 4:00 to go with Dennis and Tristan to his archery thing. We were here there and everywhere.

Sunday was SS/Church and then my 31 party. It was well attended and we sold over $800 worth of stuff. I earned $250 worth of credits and several options for 1/2 priced items. Haven was a SHOPPING FOOL! She is a BAG LADY! Today, I am tired!

My Mom loved being at volleyball. She played in High School (which was 50 years ago). SHe cheered so hard and got so worked up I was honsetly worried about her! My Saturday DD ended up perfect. WE were so busy with the games I honestly didn't think about food! WIN WIN!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-thanks for recipe--that cake looks luscious!! I kept the recipe for my file! I am still eating pie for now!

Monica--busy you! I am tired just reading about your weekend! glad it was a great one! our weekend with the kids was good-a second Christmas but a nice one-Leah loved her dollhouse and wedding carriage-we played and played-she has a major imagination-Lucas doesn't have that story play thing yet--I am hoping she shares that with him--she calls Lucas her boyfriend-they visit often and play well together--they live close in Indy--Nate and Denise grew up together since Bill and I were married so they have always known each other. It is nice that they live close since they have families now--Nate and Chris are not Bills children.. Bill and I have been married 20 years this year. Nate was only two when his father was killed in an auto accident so he really didn't know a father until Bill arrived--Bill has taught him to hunt and all the manly things that he knows-well he has taught both my boys all the stuff they know really-both my sons are very different in so many things-Chris is more like me and looks like me--Nate looks just like his deceased father--Chris acts like me and I see myself in him a lot of ways-I see Jim when I look at Nate -Nate stopped at his fathers grave the last time he was home and then told me that he has now outlived his father-Nate is 34 and Jim died at 33--it has been 30 years-I went to nursing school after he died in order to support us--it was a difficult time for several years but we made it.. so a little info to catch you up..Bill has two children by a previous marriage also--his son has been in Nate's wedding party and vice-versa--so both families seem to get along fairly well..

I didn't lose an ounce this week-stayed the same-I am totally good with that! I am!! This living healthy mindset is working--I figure I ate out twice this week-buffet once and Mexican once-but ate lowcarb both places and stayed in ketosis and felt good all week-I am eating to satisfaction and not going without and feeling so much better--next week I hope to have a loss but I have done ok up to this point and I just will keep doing the same...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---Thankyou for sharing your background. It sure is nice to get to know you ladies. I feel like I really have some friends down south.
I did lose this week, but more importantly I feel better and like you that is my top prioroty.
I took your advice and went to two flea markets yesterday as an outing. It was a lot of fun. I didn 't end up buying anything, but it was nice to relive bits and pieces of the past.
Our very first super Walmart opened up here this weekend so I think I'll go check that out today. I am not a Walmart shopper, but there has been alot of hoopla about this super Walmart, so I want to check it out.

Monica--- I'm with Jeanne. I read your weekend itinerary and I needed a nap after. You sure have a lot of stamina girl.Glad you had a god visit with your parents. Did the contractor ever finish?????

Well I am going to try and ride my stationary bike. It has been more than 6 weeks since I rode. I am such a slacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'll talk to you later.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-if we didn't have a super Walmart-we wouldn't have anything--I have to say I love it-we were thrilled when we got it!! Congrats on the loss!! I need to exercise too-I keep THINKING about it-but my treadmill still sits there and gets dusty! I just can't seem to get there?

Going to do LindaSues enchilada Bake tonite-anybody tried that one? I think it sounds good but who knows? I haven't tried it before--I think I have everything but the right cheese-I think I have some but not quite 8 ounces-I will have to sub some other cheese a little!

Monica-congrats on a great party--glad you get lots of goodies!!

back to work
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #157

Jeanne - thanks for the info. I am so sorry about your 1st husband. I can't imagine losing Dennis and the toll it would leave on me and the kids. I admire you even more than I already did! Sounds like your boys learned well and benefited greatly from BILL! I think she sounds like an amazing Man/Father figure! Look at you girl! WAY TO GO!

Michelle - I am so glad you got out. I am sure in the Winter where you live, you can hibernate so much that you just need out of the house! Glad you were able to do just that!

OH I haven't tried that, let me know how it is!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-too bad you don't live close--we would go junking all the time-I love doing that but not too many people to do it with-my two besties are still working women! dang the bad luck-I need to learn to go on my own I guess-but that isn't fun-this is where the sister would come in! sigh!

I keep telling Bill we need to do another day like that too--we both enjoyed it--hopefully soon!

Will let you know how the enchilada bake turns out-I hope its good-that and a salad is it for tonite!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

the enchilada bake was pretty good-it is easy-I like that-I did bake the crust too long-it is harder to cut than it should be-I baked it the entire 35 minutes-I won't do that again but I will make it again -I had sour cream on top of mine but the next time-I think I would just go ahead and do my salad toppings on top of this instead of doing my salad separate? it makes a big pan so we will be eating this for a couple of days--that always helps me having to cook everyday which I like!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Which enchilda recpe did you use of Linda's?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

I made this one Michelle

ENCHILADA BAKE - VARIATION - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I used a 10 ounce can of enchilada sauce and regular taco spice spice from Sams club-just don't cook the base quite as long-it firms up-and gets hard to cut with a fork--that base would make a great pizza base
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #162

OH good to know Jeanne! Thanks

Busy day at work today. 1099's, W2's, 941's, 940's....OH MY! Will check in later.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Yikes Monica--I am glad you know how to do all of that--we have one of my besties hubby do our taxes--he has done them for years--and even tho we pay him way too much we feel comfortable that he knows what he is doing and you can't beat having a friend do your taxes! Don't work too hard--I am making up time from yesterday--my printer went on the blintz when my router changed itself so I messed all day with it yesterday trying to get it back online--I had to remove and reinstall it 5 times I think before it finally worked correctly--I am hoping it stays correctly with no issues--I don't want to invest in another!

cya all later--time to get busy!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

just fyi--I lost my connection again today even tho it said I had a strong connection--couldn't get on anywhere or move--can't figure this out-so if I disappear again-you will know why! I am here for the time being--getting ready to run to the grocery store--it is senior day--there are perks for being old-a 5 percent discount at one store that I go to often on Tuesdays-a 10 percent back where I don't go frequently on one day-I am not sure which day even?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #165

Another crammed filled day here. Hoping to get it all mailed out today!

Tonight Haven has volleyball and we go with T to high school for Freshman enrollment!!!!!!! OMG< tell me my baby boy is NOT starting high school in August????
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #166

Food yesterday was great and in line for an Up day! Hoping to have a 600c dd!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I fell down our basement stairs and am stiff all over. At least today I can move my fingers a bit easier. I couldn't have typed yesterday for sure. I still don't know what happened. It's like my right leg just gave up underneath me.

Monica have a great busy day and I hope you get everything done that needs doing.

Jeanne---How's all the router printer issues going?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

OMG Michelle--so very sorry to hear about your fall--did you go get xrays? I hope so--that's a long way to fall without being checked out girl! I hope you aren't seriously injured!! I can empathize with you after my Thanksgiving fall-it sure takes a toll! thanks for checking in-I know you don't feel like even doing anything probably! Ice then heat for injuries will help some-but some need just to heal like your poor fingers! ouch! I hurt just reading that!

Will be praying for you today my friend-stay hunkered down and rest!

Still having issues-can't print today for who knows why? I give up trying to figure it out-I think I was picking up the LAN from my grandtrs computer --anyway it was showing up as one of my printer devices! I think living close has it benefits but now we both have a Toshiba computer-it may not be good! will see if I can block her computer out somehow! I removed her LAN as a device but it still didn't allow my computer to print? hmmm?

Hang in there Monica--you will get it done--I have faith!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #169

OH Michelle so sorry to hear that. That is a bad fall. You should get checked out girl! Let us know how you progress today!

Jeanne - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer??? Not sure , but it might work!

I actually took a lunch break today! I worked from home last night for 2 hours....I need more ME time. I did my 2 new workouts from the trainer. She set me up with five 15 minute workouts so I can easily do 2 a day twice weekend and then the extra one from home on the weekend. We have a huge meeting room here that we never ever use. I have all my stuff set up in there.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times yesterday before it finally worked for one day--now today it decided to quit printing-the plus today however is that it still shows it is connected wirelessly--I had all that uninstall and reinstall yesterday to get it to connect! so at least it is still partially working--just not printing--shows printing failure--I had to give up today-spent too much energy yesterday with it--can't do that everyday for something so tempermental!

Michelle-how you doing?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I am still quite stiff. I think I'm going to need some time. Thank you for asking.

I meant to ask you about Dolly? Is she still looking for that mouse in the fireplace? or has she forgotten about that?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

I am sure it will take a long time-take it easy and get seen by a doctor if you don't improve! that had to be a terrible fall! Should be good for some major sympathy from Marcel! let him cook for awhile! or bring in food.

speaking of food-I had to cook again today-I made this:

CHICKEN DIVAN (REVISED) - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

It is very good-no wonder it is one of Linda Sues 5 star favorites! I did add another stalk of celery and the next time I would add even a couple of more-I love casseroles in the winter--the wintry mix stuff is supposed to start anytime and this just tasted good tonite!

I did my xanthum gum like a hint I saw somewhere here-I dissolved it in a little oil before adding it to the pan--worked great-no lumps and thickened like it was supposed to-just thought I would share this tidbit of knowledge that worked! I have tried sprinkling it and it really is hard to dissolve in any liquid no matter what I tried--this was an easy way!

Dolly is still looking in the fireplace for the mouse-I keep telling her it's gone but she won't give up yet! I am surprised by her determination and the length of her memory--the Night with the Mouse in the House was traumatic for her I think?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-30-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--how are you feeling today--I bet even worse? I am thinking about you and hoping you are ok--how far down the stairs did you fall-the entire length? If so I hope you do go and get checked out-this really worries me.

Monica--still working on w-2's and end of year stuff? I think you will be wore out with numbers by tonite-Hang on-it's almost over!

I guess we have lost everyone else? I think it's back to us again? I am doing laundry today and catching up on a few things.. later girls
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

I am feeling about the same today. I wasn't needed at work today so I stayed home to rest. I think I'll be fine in a week or two. I have no doctor other than my chiropractor, so I have no one to check it out. I did see my chiro yesterday and he said there was alot of swelling. He said if things get really bad to come back, but if they stay the same he just wants me to rest and ice it and get the swelling down and see him in two weeks.

Yes it seems my challenge was a bust. No one really joined at all this time. Should we start a new one?

How's it going Monica? I don't have to start our year end suff just yet. And with only myself and husband as employees payroll year end stuff is easy. I don't envy you in a large company.

Simple bacon and eggs for supper tonight and watching our Winnipeg Jets (NHL Hockey) play Florida on TV tonight. That's sounds pretty restful to me.

Later ladies.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

oh forgot...slipped 5 steps from bottom
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
I'm here. Got below 170. Barely! Then I totally went hog wild yesterday so back through withdrawal. Last week I upped my fat and lowered my protein and finally got that great ketosis non hunger and super energy. And no cravings, so I think I will keep to that. Made some ham stock from the spiral ham for last week. Planning on having the broth over kale or spinach. Last week I had broth with a little keilbasa and it kept me full for hours. Read "why we get fat" this week, highly recommend it if you haven't read it. Anyone read it?
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

I've read it and loved it. It seems to make a lot of sense and is way easier to read then good calories bad calories by Taubes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Good to see you Erin--I have fallen off that wagon myself-more times than I got back on I think? You have the right idea with lower protein and more fat-I believe that is the way to go-I need to start tracking my macros again but I have been just eating lowcarb and trying to think more about health than the numbers game-I am much less stressed about it this way!

Hope you decided to stay home again Michelle--I know you need it!

Will be taking the grands to school later--they have a 2hr delay due to the extreme temps and the roads-I hate to get out myself today! didn't sleep last nite and feel like I need to curl up with Dolly! she comes in from outside and potty time and is ready for the afghan I wrap her in to warm her back up-she buries her entire body under the covers and sleeps like the baby she is.

Monica--how you doing? what is on for this weekend with everybody besides the Super Bowl?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #179

Well I got the stuff out yesterday. Now the rest of my desk, I HAVE TO TACKLE it! Job SECURITY, right???

Michelle - I hope you are feeling better today. You mentioned you had breakfast for dinner last night? SO DID WE! the kids love it when we do that and heck, so do it. Simple easy and QUICK!

Jeanne - I didn't sleep well last night either. I was awake from 12:45 till past 3:00 a.m. Of coarse, when the alarm went off, I could easily have slept another couple hours! I think it is all the stress from work. I'm a mess these days. I cried 3 times yesterday. I DO NOT EVER cry! Maybe I am PMS'ing? Not sure. SInce I don't bleed anymore, I lose track of when PMS is and such. Maybe I am just beyond stressed? I had a couple glasses of wine last night....that helped!

This weekend, Haven and I are heading to my parents house tonight. She has the Cupids Ball tomorrow night. It is a Father/Grandfather Daughter dance. She has always gone with my Dad. It is a HUGE event. They sell tickets and people start lining up at 6:00 a.m. that day in January to get the tickets. Haven and Dad have gone like 6 years now. Her last one she can attend is next year. They do a big final dance for all the girls "graduating" from the program. It will be SAD next year indeed. It is a fundraiser for local charities in Sedalia MO. Local businesses close up for the day so they can do the girls' hair/nails/make up for the event. HAVEN LOVES IT ALL!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #180

She and Dad will do that. I am sure my sister and husband will come down and we will hang out. Then at 4:30, I will head to my friends house. It is our annual Girls SLumber party night. These are all girls I went to High School with! We get together once a year. We do food, wine and I think this year we are even going out to a local bar. I will stay up WAY too late and will laugh so much/so hard my tummy will hurt and I will be TIRED Sunday, but ALL worth it.

Sunday I will go to church with Mom/Dad/Haven and then we will head back. She has softball practice in KC, we will stop and do that then head home.

The boys have tons of stuff to do Saturday. They are serving LINK (homeless kitchen), there's a youth group gathering Saturday for a fund raiser and then they will do T's archery. Sunday they will do SS / CHurch and then T's youth group is having lunch, doing a bible study, then going to the movies to watch The Impossible (survivors of the tsuenami). BUSY weekend for us, but should be fun