Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
The son went back to work yesterday for half a day-he started out on crutches and ended up going back to the doc and therapy in the afternoon-he actually did well --he said it was a good thing to force him to move and get going--he is now going without the crutches! you have to force a man I think!! so he is doing well--he needs to poop! I told him that would come-stay off the pills--he doesn't need them now! so things are looking up! he goes back for two more therapy visits and he will be done! all in all a good thing for first time surgery for him--he was really worried--I am glad his first experience was positive at least--I think all men have that weeny spirit-or most that I have been exposed too-or maybe I should say the older men want more attention? and think they can get it? maybe that is it? thanks for asking--now I am just waiting for him to come and get my router back to me where it belongs--I am now hooked up to LINKSYS--I think that is me? he thinks it is too--I used to be hooked up to MOM! he thinks my router kicked me out when the ISP was having lots of issues and has reset itself? I have no clue-but I know I can't get back on where I was and I can't use my printer--he knows I am waiting patiently--NOT! lately the router and ISP seems to be functioning--knock on wood--maybe they got their problems fixed?
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - glad to hear he is improving. As for the computer stuff, I am not overly impressed with any Internet provider lately. Their idea of customer service is doing things 1/2 A SS'd and then waiting for people to call with issues. REALLY? Why not just do it the correct way so NO customer has issues???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Now I feel decadent
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Men are so rediculous about that stuff. My husband almost killed himself not going to dr , it took peeing blood for him to go. Tells me months later he was laying there in agony trying to decide if he needed to go to eR. He goes at drop of hat now.
Maybe that's why God gave us cramps and periods. Used to pain and annoyances, and going on.
Geez, I snacked all day. I think very lo carb bit still. I happened upon an Atkins '72 book recently and read it. He says calories aren't important and tells these stories of people losing on 3000 calorie diets.
He seemed to back away from that more and more. I don't wanna eat that much but he changed a lot. Also been reading other forums and am curious about people saying too much protein. I lose pretty consistently, ESP if I exercise. (Wimped out again today) if the temp is per 25 tomorrow I will go. Maybe. Hah snowing right now, I'm usually pushing a stroller, so that is a problem.
Cross your fingers for 169 tomorrow!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Laptop is broken doing this on phone. Sorry for all typos
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Erin-I do believe if you eat all protein the excess that you don't need will be converted to glucose--so you need to increase fats--that is why you read more and more people encouraging the increase in fats when you stall out in your weight loss and to eat fattier meats instead of leaner meats now--I could never post on a phone--I am too old and my eyes are too old--good luck-we don't worry about the typos! I have enough of those even with the laptop!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #127

Good morning all! 7* here with windchills below 0*. First day in forever Haven did not take meds this morning. I took them to school. We are only 2 1/2 blocks from her school and she either walks or rides her bike, I just didn't want her to freeze on the way. T rides the bus, but since I was heading out, I took him to school too!

I watched the final show of Private Practice last night! I am sad it is done! I really enjoyed it. OH WELL!!!

Food was good yesterday but I woke up HUNGRY today. It's a DD, I ate something, I was just too hungry! We'll see how the rest of the day goes!

It's FRIDAY - EVE girls. Weekend plans???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Glad Haven is better-this crud stays on forever it seems-nice you are close to schools and they can get there easily--and the bus comes close-my grands used to ride the bus until they changed schools-they are 7 miles away from school now--Chris takes them to school now and Kim picks them up-Cassidy will hopefully get a car before the next year starts-hate to even think about that!

I have a hair appt today and then the step daughter and family are supposed to come this weekend-I hope it happens this time-lol--I won't count on it until it happens! but it seems odd to have Christmas packages still here this late! I am anxious to see the grandtr and see if she likes her gifts-I bought a princess doll house -she loves princess anything and I think she will love it--it is cinderalla themed so last week I also found the wedding carriage and horse to go with it-I had to buy it!! so she ended up with two cinderalla dolls now! I don't think she will mind! She is 3. I am hoping to get a grandtr this time with Nate and Rachel--I missed out on all that girlie stuff! I have found a pattern to make a real wooden dollhouse --sometime this year I want the hubs to make it--he is not a craft or woodcrafter but I think he can do this--it is so cute-then I want to paint it and wallpaper and modpodge the walls and then buy her some furniture for it--I hope to get that done before next Christmas--it's the plan anyway--I better get him started soon-it may take a few trial runs!! then if we get another grandtr-he will make another one someday!

I hope to do some baking this weekend but not sure if time will allow-I keep thinking I need to bake but something comes up--I still am looking at the carrot cake recipe and I think I will try it-I am going to shred some carrots and throw them in the freezer just in case-I think the recipe calls for frozen carrots-that will make it more moist I think? just in case I can find the time with the kids coming.. otherwise a regular weekend-some cleaning and regular stuff.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-24-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Glad to hear your son is doing well Jeanne. That dollhouse sounds great. I had a plastic one growing up and would have loved a wooden one to pass on. I hope that works out and your visit with them too.

Monica--Super excited to hear Haven is better. I was worried she picked up a foreign virus and it would take forever to get better. Is T. still working at the vets?

Erin--So is it in the 160s? My fingers are crossed. I had better get off my butt. All you ladies are in the 160s or just about and I'm still in the 180s.

At least I am 100% back on track now. In the almost 6 years I've been doing low carb I haven't really thought about protein or fat. I just need to watch those carbs. But now after reading Wheat Belly and re reading Why we get Fat, I'm seriously thinking of just making sure I don't ingest any grains and see how that goes. I know I have been grain and nut free for a week now and boy do I feel better.

As for plans for the weekend...I am planing on taking every recipe I have ever snipped out of a magazine and placing it into a photo album so that maybe if I see them in an organized manor, I might actually make them. Does that make sense?

I am making a turkey today. I love the smell of roast turkey filling the house. So all weekend the two of us are dining on turkey leftovers. Yummy!

Check in later ladies. Have a great day.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Had a bit of an oops last night. I shoulda been in bed! Threw out the naughty about half way through. Haven't checked if I'm out of ketosis I don't want to get down on myself. Going for a walk with my daughter ( in stroller) in jut a few.
About to apply for pT job, scared. Been SaHM for 5 years with occasionally freelance photography. The job is In Food service. Yuck. Have not missed it. But money is a problem right now. Maybe look harder for photo job before send in resume.
Good news, slight oops didn't gain me any weight! Here's to a long walk and 169 tomorrow!!'
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Don't count me in the 160s! I am not there--I remember stay at 168 for years actually-I think there is a song about living in the 60s-I have lived it-lol but I am truly not focusing on the numbers--I have felt so much better being back on lowcarb and just feeling like my old self-I want to stay healthy--my blood sugars are good--I am at least checking them now-I was afraid to before! and I am even sleeping so much better-I can say that the last 4-5 nites I have slept better than I have since August--and that is saying a lot--I have been awake more than I have slept-so I am hoping the tide has turned in that dept-I just could not turn it off if you know what I mean? too many thoughts running thru my mind.. the only thing that saved me was not having to work I guess but I didn't really feel tired until the last few days when I started sleeping?

Michelle--getting your recipes organized sounds like a wonderful thing-I wish I was computer literate-I would organize mine in a file-I know there are programs-mastercook is one-there are others that keep your recipes--I keep thinking about mastercook just for putting in recipes to find out the nutritional data in them--that and organizing and keeping them in order to find them later..Monica-what do you do-any input here?

we will be going up to amish country tonite for dog and cat food-I am hoping they have grain free food-and of course stopping in at one of our many amish buffets around here-I will be eating at the salad buffet mostly-hanging in there and being healthy!

Just got my car washed today so I am going to make Bill drive his truck--those gravel horse buggy roads are terrible to drive on!

Erin--Photography sounds like a great job! and lots of fun--maybe you can do that and still stay home with your daughter--do you have a portfolio made up of your work that you can show people? That might be something that you can do now and then advertise or make some flyers at staples cheaply and put them in the grocery stores with your number--at least until you get a few jobs and get more known?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #132

Michelle don't count me in the 160's either. I'm not back there since prior to Christmas! I'm getting closer, but I am SO NOT THERE yet!

Jeanne - (and Michelle) I put my recipes in a program called Evernotes. It is a wonderful program that truly links ALL devices. Ipad, Desktop, lap top, smart phone, you name it. I love it. Now, you don't have to have a smart phone or Ipad to use it. It can truly work just as well on just a desk top. Google it. I found it gosh, over a year ago and it was the #1 app in 2011. It's free to upload and honestly, the FREE version works great. You can also link it with email and the internet so things you get via email or websites you see can automatically be stored there too. Let me know if you look into it and have questions. I will gladly help any of you out. You can email me or I can even give you my cell number. I would do anything for you ladies!!!!

Erin, my DH in high school was HEAVY into photography. He teetered trying to decide whether to major in photography/arts or Restaurant Management. He went the restaurant route. BUT, interesting tid/bit, in high school during the summer he went to a photography camp @ KState. He met this girl named Corinne. They hit it off big time as friends. Fast forward 1 1/2 years later when he started attending KState in the restuarant management program....THERE WAS Corinne (1987). She was majoring in the same as they lump Hotel and Restuarant management into the same department. They hit it off HUGE and studied together, worked on projects together you name it. STILL all the time, FRIENDS! Really great friends! Corinne runs off to San Franscisco CA working at a HUGE hotel there. Dennis ends up in OK City OK. He was there for 1 year when he found a restaurant close to home and bought it. Corinne decides that Hotel managment is not for her. She returns to KC in 1995 to start working on her Masters Degree @ Ku in Urban development (an off shoot of Arch/graphic design). She works temp for an agency when not in class....she ends up at my work. We become fast Friends!!! One day she mentions her BFF Dennis who owns a business. Wants to know if I would like to meet him!!!!! Well the rest is history. Needless to say, without photography, KState Restaurant/Hotel management, Corinne and such, Dennis and I would have never met!

LONG STORY< huh?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

nothing. bummer. I think it's a water thing. was so sure it would be down today but exactly same. I was 174 or 3 last night and I usually gain 5 lbs over a day, AND I had 2 lbs of boots on. pants are less tight. just ready for them to NOT be tight.
getting snow at bad time today. right at rush hour. husband and son made it in okay, just took twice as long. tried the CO in my coffee this morning. not bad. need to go have some breakfast.
Nice story! does he still own restaurant?

Last edited by erinisme; 01-25-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #134

Yesterday was a MID day for me. It was supposed to be a Down Day. I was just really hungry. I ate over 1000c, oh well, will try harder tomorrow to get that number down.

This weekend my parents are coming for the entire weekend. GOSH I can't remember the last time they did this. They are HUGE at their church so rarely spend Saturday night. Mom wanted to attend my 31 party, so shock of shocks, they are staying. They come in tonight and won't leave till late Sunday afternoon. So it will be a fun weekend for us. Tonight we will eat/drink/play games. Tomorrow Dennis has an ALL DAY Church thing (he is NOT thrilled about it). While he is there, the rest of us will be going to all of Haven's Volleyball games. Tomorrow night we are having ribs for dinner and then the boys will head to T's archery thing. Not sure if Mom will go out there with them. Haven and I will for sure be staying home! Sunday will be SS/Church and then my party. Our remodel is still NOT done. He says, worst case, he will have to work while we are gone Saturday to finish! That won't leave me a lot of time to clean BUT I will get it done.

Looks like my 31 party will have 25+ people attending! If you all are interested in looking at the stuff, let me know, I can email you the info. Please don't feel you have to buy, BUT I love their stuff so I always BUY!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #135

Erin, he sold the restaurant when we got engaged. It was a small town, cafe and steak house. He literally worked from 6:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m. everyday except Sunday (he was closed). He did get an hour or 2 to come home from 2-4:00, but that was it. He didn't want to continue with me and him still spending all his time there. The money was GREAT, but I had ZERO desire to be a part of that. He sold! We then moved to Lawrence and he worked as a driver for a beer company . I got this job and after I was here a year, my Boss came to me telling me he wanted to hire Dennis. The rest is History. Next month I will have been here 15 years and Dennis will have been here 14! Funny, huh?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #136

Erin, are you maybe weighing too often? I mean, You weighed last night and then again this morning. The stress of weighing all the time may not be helping either. Maybe take a break and don't weigh again till Monday morning???
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Nice story Monica--you two were meant to be sounds like--so Dennis is a driver now for the company you both work for? what kind of stuff do you haul?

Sounds like you have a full weekend-and a fun one too-I looked at the 31 website and I didn't see anything there that I was interested in--is there anything else that you have that you can email me to look at--I will be glad to take a look at it! you are going to have a big crowd-should be a fun time! dang that man for not getting your remodel done--the girls won't mind at all though!

I made it to the amish buffet and stayed good last nite--sure is hard watching the hubs eat everything including strawberry pie then he had ice cream too--but I made it--we didn't find any lowcarb dog food for Dolly but we did get her some LITE in the same brand-it is quality food so she should do well on it-now to get the hubs to stop feeding her--that has been a major problem!

We are getting freezing rain right now--had a call from Bill to not get out this morning-they are out salting some customers parking lots-and he said the state highway is out salting the highways--black ice is always dangerous--I didn't intend to get out but I called Mom who will not get out now and get her hair done!

Thanks for the heads up about Evernote-I am going to look at it--I will probably need some help-still waiting on the son to come for my printer and to get me back to my router-hate being so needy with this thing--if he would explain some things--but NO he gets on here and just does it and never shows me how or what to do--I would really appreciate some teaching--my son from Indy would be more helpful in showing me but he is always too far.. I really need a daughter! or a sister--I keep wishing.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Jeanne and Monica but your details showed that you were in the 160s for Monica and only.6 lbs away for you Jeanne so I thought I was doggin it.

Monica what a romantic story and it shows it was meant to be.

Jeanne--How was amish country? Did you get a grain free food for Dolly?

Erin--- It's coming don't worry so much.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Nice story Monica--you two were meant to be sounds like--so Dennis is a driver now for the company you both work for? what kind of stuff do you haul?
NO he is in the office and he is the safety manager. We haul dry bulk items. Rock, metals and such. We have only End Dump trailers.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
.. I really need a daughter! or a sister--I keep wishing.
OH I would so volunteer to be JUST THAT FOR YOU! A long lost SISTER!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #141

Michelle I think I am about 7 pounds above my signature weight! Yep, I SAID IT!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

How was the birthday Michelle--did you find a cake to bake? answers to your questions in the above post.. I have a new question--our cat-he is old but not to old to hunt apparently-I think he brought in a mouse today-he does that with birds-live birds-but I found Dolly with her head in the fireplace-she had knocked out one of the fake logs on to the brick and has kept her head in there for hours-so I am thinking we have a critter! I have found one of those mouse traps that you squeeze the plastic down and bait-not one of those wood ones the snap! I don't even know if this would kill-I don't think so-but I baited it with peanut butter-that is what Mom used to use? I can't sleep tonite knowing we have a critter loose in the house--of course the cat could care less now--I put him up by the fireplace and he won't even smell!! so I am just watching out the corner of my eye everywhere--ewww! It gives me the willies! I don't like mice or bugs in the house--I can do blood and guts but don't give me a critter in the house!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-25-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--change that NUMBER girl and OWN it--we all have to do that at some time and you will feel better when it goes down!!! trust me--it's just a number and we all need to quit living by those numbers and just eat healthy!!! it's good to know more and more things about what people do with their lives! thanks for sharing! so nice for the both of you working together..

I think you are too young for being a sister--you are going to have to be daughter--I will take you in a heartbeat--then I can claim Haven too as a grand!!! a twofer!!! woohoo!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-25-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne! I don't know what I would do either. Hopefully it is just a notion in Dolly's mind and not a real critter. My fingers crossed. Does your son next door have a cat???? Or a critter hunting dog you could borrow?

I just ended up having a one minute muffin for my bday. I don't feel like celebrating anything. Maybe next year.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Bill came home and said there is a hole back behind the gas logs where the gas line come up that goes into the basement so the mouse probably went down there--still doesn't make me feel any better... the cat and dog have no access to the basement but the mouse or whatever can come under the door back up into the upstairs house! I still am creaped out-guess I will place the trap close to the basement door?

They have a cat but he runs away when he gets out and doesn't come home-he was gone for weeks behind our barn without food --it's too dangerous with the coyotes for him to be loose if he gets away from them.. Dolly has enough terrier in her to catch something I think-she is half schnauzer but who knows if she would? something small I think she would--she is afraid of anything bigger than a mouse though--I just don't really want her to catch it--I would yell and then she would drop it and then it would be on the run again!

I had some heavy cream I needed to use up so I ended up making my old faithful recipe--the coconut blender pie--love that thing-I used some LorAnn flavoring--that stuff is good!! Banana Coconut--really made the difference --I ordered a couple of others I am anxious to try! I have the cake batter and butter pecan-if they are as good as the banana coconut--I am a happy camper!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-25-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I do weigh alot but I just find it interesting the way it goes. Up and down. And to be honest I have been bored bored bored this week. It doesn't discourage me. I can never make it a while week though! Maybe I should go put it in the car. Don't feel great today, headachey. Took a hot bath and now I just want to crawl in bed. Need to get some exercise I know but am in one of those spirals, you know the less you do the less you feel like doing.
It's supposed to warm up here soon, so I hope I can get on he ball.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #147

Erin - do what works best for you!!

Michelle - I love OMM's!!! You should still celebrate!!

Jeanne - I don't do critters AT ALL!!!! Daughter and a Granddaughter , consider us yours!! do you have visitors coming this weekend ? Did it get very icy???
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

I am still up-it's 2:30 and Dolly is here with me with her head still stuck in the fireplace-she is OCD too apparently about critters!! I really don't think I can sleep with the THING in the house! of course Bill went to bed without even going and locating any more traps! grrr!

The stepdtr did call tonite-they are coming in tomorrow so that is good-I am anxious to see how Leah likes her Christmas.. hate that she has had to wait so long but I am sure she won't mind! I need to do some cleaning now early to prepare!! should have done that today instead of trying to flush out my critter!

Some girls ball team turned over on I69 due to the ice this morning--it was black ice and very deceiving--I didn't even realize it was doing anything! they had some injuries and took the girls-it was a volleyball team I believe? I am glad Mom cancelled her hair appt!

I think it's time for coffee-back later girls!!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

well-we have a grey mouse-I have seen it twice now when it ventured out of the fireplace--apparently the hole is NOT big enough to get through to the basement-Dolly has been diligent-she has stood like a soldier on the hearth ready to attack-the last time he came out he ran behind my chair-so I jumped out of it and Dolly ran behind my chair so I didn't see if he went back into the fireplace or where he went in my haste to move--Dolly keeps looking in there-I put the mouse trap in there finally-but no luck yet-the cat is staying in the garage tonite or sleeping in his bed under our bed--he is not even around!

at least I know what it is now--I don't like mice but at least it wasn't at RAT!! I don't think I have ever seen a rat out here but we have had a raccoon in the house last year-that was kind of scary at midnite one nite in our bedroom no less!-we have had birds flying around brought in by the cat-and we have had snakes brought in by Dolly--there are opossums arounds everywhere- I would hate to have one of those-and I have cornered something in the yard once I never did figure out what it was-never saw anything before like it--I saw a fox just this week in our yard--just the size of Dolly--the pleasures of living in the country!

Thanks for listening to my critter antics tonite and staying up with me--I appreciate having company!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-26-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Old 01-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

And he is gone-out of the house-caught in the trap and the trap and the mouse were moved to the porch until he can be released back to the wild!! far away to the wild!

peanut butter works!

Michelle-I am sorry you didn't feel like celebrating your birthday--I hope this weekend is a better time for you and you still can celebrate it--never to late to pick a day to celebrate even if it is something small that you enjoy.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-26-2013 at 04:01 AM..