Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
yes-it was Breaking Dawn Part 1 I think-where she got married, got pregnant and had a baby in a month I think and ended up dying or almost dying and turning into a vampire-I missed a lot that prefaced all this but now I want to go on--I see the next movie is out in march?

If you haven't seen Source Code-its a sci-fi thriller-but no alien stuff-it kept me interested--definitely worth seeing

I don't know anything about 31 gifts party but I am willing to take a look at anything! never heard of it? we must be in the hill country here! boonies for sure!!

Mom's problem is all respiratory--she is very leary of anything since my Dad got sick and died almost within a week's time with pneumonia and sepsis--it took him fast and there was nothing anybody could do...I will feel better with her on some medication.. we have a new doctor and that is always different too--you never know how they will react--our old family doctor would prescribe whatever I would ask for--he was a jewel..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - google thirty one gifts. I love the stuff and it is bags, purses and much much more! I used to be a consultant, but my LIFE is too busy! I went to a party on Saturday and thought, WHY buy stuff? Host a party and earn so very very much more free!

With older people, it NEVER EVER hurts to err on the side of caution. That being said, Haven has had an annoying cough on and off for 12 days. Last night I took her to the clinic. They said the virus going around takes a solid 2 weeks to go. They gave her an inhaler and I have a script for antibiotics. If she isn't much changed by Thursday, I am to fill it and get her going on them.

Last night was volleyball (3:45 - 5:15), Middle School CPO (parent organization) at 5:30 and I was at the clinic with Haven by 7:00 and Tristan had guitar at 7:00 - 8:00. I truly didnt' get home for the day till 8:45! the CPO meeting was HORRIFIC. Ever felt like wheels spinning miles out of control, yet, not going anywhere? That describes how I felt after that meeting. 1 hour 15 minutes and still NOTHING! I have emailed the President to share my frustrations. Not sure staying in that organization is wise for me. We will see.

On the up side, I was so busy, not home, my DD was right at 540c! OH and my insomnia, STILL HERE! I woke at 3:40 a.m. today. Head is pounding! MUST get a good nights sleep tonight. Best I know, tonight is nothing. I hope to be in bed asleep by 8:30 so if I'm up early, it isn't as HUGE of a deal.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #63

OH last night was also Church Council for Dennis, that was from 6:00 - 9:30. So he couldn't really help me shuttle anyone anywhere!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #64

I think with the lack of sleep and my evening last night, I am just frustrated with it all! SORRY!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

hey girl--this is place to dump any and frustration--I think we have made this our place to share-whether it is good, bad or ugly--that is what makes a sisterhood and we continue to share our family life and all that it entails--share away--I know I would be frustrated as well with a meeting that seemed to be useless--hate a waste of time-and when you don't sleep--that just brings another element to the mix--hope you get some good sleep tonite!! take some melatonin! don't you have something you got for T to help him sleep? I was thinking somebody suggested something for sleep? my memory is crappola!

Hope Haven feels better--Mom got a shot yesterday and a scrip for an antibiotic also--she ended up seeing the nurse practioner which was probably better than the doc-he was probably a little more lenient with the antibiotic? so she should be on the mend I hope? it was a long day--did my errands--or tried to do them-took Mom to the grocery and to walmart to pick up what she needed--she rides the electric cart at both places-it is her vice when out of town-lol--put I still need to go to the bank today and pick up water softener salt.. and I will be taking the grands to school for two days this week and Monday too--my son is having his meniscus worked on and will be out of commission for a few days--hopefully he will be able to go back to work next Tuesday.. he has had trouble for years with his knees--he has been a big softball player as an adult and has paid the price with his knees-he was a catcher--when he lived in Florida they actually won the world series one year. However now he has gained weight--he has his mothers genes and needs to lose big time--his job is very sedentary and he doesn't get any exercise-just like me!

well--I hope everyone else is doing well-busy busy for everyone it seems
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #66

Yes I do. Last night I tooke a full sleeping pill (normally only take 1/2) and the spray for T. Still I fell asleep fine, but at 11:40, WIDE AWAKE and up till 2:30. GRRRRR I have never ever had 3 days in a row of insomnia!

Jeanne - glad your Mom saw the DR! You are good to her and I know she appreciates it all. Dennis tore his meniscus back when I was pregnant with Haven. Had to have it operated on and everything. Overweight children (only yours is an adult). My T is overweight. He too has BOTH his parents genes to thank for that. Plus he literally would love it if he never, EVER had to move. I try to motivate him best I can. We also keep almost NOTHING that is junk food related at the house. All said, I am sure my T (who is only 14) could stand to lose 40 pound! I would love it if someone could TELL Me how to help him do that. I know how my Mom tried with my sister did not work at all and I don't want to make those same mistakes!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #67

Haven actually seemed worse last night. This morning, though, she seemed better. If she is still majorly coughing this afternoon, I will leave work and take her to the DR again. Poor girl! But at this point, she is on an inhaler and antibiotics, not sure what else they can do!

yesterday's up day was low. Probably why I am starving today.

Tonight, I better sleep like a WALRUS in the afternoon SUN! If not, I will call my DR tomorrow and merely say ...
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

sorry about the sleep Monica--that is rough especially when the rest of the jobs keep trucking on! hope tonite is the night! good vibes headed your way for you and Haven!

Michelle and Melanie--yoohoo!!! how are things? I am headed out to the rest of the errands--I kind of blitzed the morning--had some bad news--my sil's brother committed suicide-they found him today-don't know any details--they lost one brother about 5 years ago early with esophageal cancer and now their last brother --I really didn't know this one-he was pretty much a loner-never married or dated-had no friends that I know of--he and two of the sisters actually all lived in three different houses next to each other--so one of the sisters found him today-not my sil but one of the others.. not sure how old he is but he was the youngest of several children. I am very sad when I hear that people commit suicide-I just think if they could have been reached by the right person or the right medicine they could have been saved and it is so heartbreaking.

I was so good eating salads twice yesterday and gained a pound--grrr... the story of my life! I am determined this week--hope it lasts!

later peeps
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #69

OH Jeanne - I will pray for the family. Suicide is very sad. No matter the age of the person! I completely agree!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #70

My insomnia. I started wondering if it isn't caused by something. For several weeks now I have noticed my heart will race when I move even just a little and on the cruise I noticed my hands were shakey. I have thyroid issues and have been on meds for years. I looked at the symptoms and indeed they can indicate further thyroid problems. I haven't had my levels checked in years and when you are on meds, I think you are to do it annually. I put a call into my DR, it's worth getting the blood test done to check.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica-- I too have been having some problems sleeping lately and it is no fun. You just aren't yourself when that happens. I hope you find out what's behind this and get some well deserved sleep. I hope Haven gets better real soon too. You don't think she could have picked up a bug when you were on vacation do you? I have no advixe as what to do to motivate T. to lose weight and get moving. It such a tricky situation. You don't want to push them into dieting, but on the other hand you know what extra weight can do to you and how quickly more can be put on. I don't envy you. Maybe there are nutritional councilors out there that offer advice????

Jeanne--- Sorry to hear about your SIL's brother. Suicide is never good. It sure makes you think when you hear that. How awful do you have to feel to consider hurting yourself????
I hear you about eating salad and gaining. That happens to me all the time, but I'm looking at it more like you now. I may have not lost weight, but the salad at least made me feel better and feeling better is the most important thing. The losses will eventually come with our good eating choices.

I am freezing hear. It is -35 today. I want only warm things to eat, but it seems my fridge is full of salad ingredients and I will not waste food. So I guess I have another day or so of cold food to eat. What was I thinking when I went shopping on the weekend????????I think my brain was frozen when I went shopping.

Where are you Melanie?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--are you on synthroid?? I have had my medication decreased 4 times this year alone-you have some of the symptoms --fast heart rate and anxiety--are you losing hair? loose stools or more frequent than normally? dry skin? you should have been having your levels drawn more frequently-at least once a year-this year mine has been every 3 months since mine decided to go out of wack! heat intolerance is another side effect that I have also-there are many when you are on too much--I used to take 250mcg of synthroid-I am now taking 150--the lowest dose I have ever taken since having my thyroid removed--I have no idea why my need is decreasing but I am going to ask her next month when I see her how it could be that I need so much less this year? I think this is also coming into play with my difficulty losing weight--my higher dose was helping and now I am getting way less!

Michelle--I buy unsweetened almond milk and Hersheys sf chocolate syrup and make hot chocolate when I am freezing--or soup-I love the cauliflower bisque in the winter.. stay warm up there-brrr-It makes me want to get my flannels on and snuggle just thinking about -35 degrees--what kind of heat bills do you have??? I am thankful are natural gas heating bills are not too bad-we have insulated twice in order to help but we pay out the wazoo for ac in the summer with our electricity-- so we need decent gas bills in the winter to offset our summer outrageous bills!

better post before I lose this--lost the last one
Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello... nothing like switching plans in the middle of challenge... but I did to JUDDD. I had been thinking about it and reading a little bit. The flexibility of being able to eat anything in your calorie range was interesting. I did good on induction for a week and half and then Sunday had ham at a get together Without even thinking about it and that it was honey glazed. The sugar threw me right out of ketosis. Monday A.M I went to the refridgerator and nothing sounded good. I decided to make it an UD and go from there. I figured if I can't get the hang of it and counting calories after two weeks I will go back to atkins but really wanted to try this. So here I am.. My UD # is 2078 and my DD is 520 at 25%.

Ok so by my calculations I am at 579 for my first DD. (1-15)
Atkins shake (160)
3 onion rings from kids lunch ( 90)
sugar free jello (10)
2 tbsp of redi whip (15)
1/2 cup of beef stew (203)
3 green pepper slices
1 tbsp of ranch dip

Today I have had.... UD (1-16)
Atkins shake (160)
Plain bagel with butter (372)
no bake cookie (102)
1 and 1/2 pizza hut breadstick with cheese with sauce (315)
949 so far..... 1129 left.

Dinner is going to be
garden salad with french dressing (190)
and a 3 oz piece of pizza bake. (409 according fitnesspal recipe builder)

503 still left after dinner..... what am I going to eat???

Fellow JUDDERS.... how does this look?

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #74

Melanie, I have done JUDDD since 4/18. I have had much success when I follow the plan. It looks like you have it set right. Sounds like you are doing well. ON up days when I can't get my calories in, I supplement with WINE! I can always down a glass or 2 of wine for 120-240c! Let me know if you have any further questions. I love the flexibility of JUDDD, maybe you will too!

Michelle - I am sorry you are having problems sleeping too! I actually slept well last night. FINALLY! Haven is on even more meds now. I took her to our family DR yesterday and they said to stop using the inhaler. They think it was actually irritating her throat. She is now on Antibiotics, a cough suppressant and steroids. Poor girl. Too boot, they would like her to have a spoon full of honey as often as she will. Well, LIKE ME, she hates honey. I have her do it anyway. I think she is simply TIRED of feeling SICK and TIRED! Poor girl. I came in late today and hung with her and took her and T to school.

Jeanne - they took my blood yesterday and I am hoping I hear the results for my thyroid panel either today or tomorrow. The DR we saw yesterday was NOT impressed that my DR had let so much time go between checking my levels. Honestly, it's probably part her and part me! So, we will do better from here forward.

Ladies I weighed finally today. IT WAS NOT PRETTY! I am not going to focus on the number. I am PMSing AND I am on more meds right now so I know that is part of the issue. I am rededicated and refocused now! Let's make this happen!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

So Sorry Jeanne. That is so terrible. :bighugs:

Thanks Zipp. I am liking it so far.

Don't worry about the number... just focus on getting back to it Zipp.

So far so good this morning. Fingers are a little puffy today so need to chug a lug until my eyes are floating. Just drank a cup of coffee with 2 tbsp half and half and 2 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup and tsp of splenda.
Only thing that had calories was the half and half so 35 cals in on my 2nd DD. I plan on drinking water for most of the day. I'm not hungry yet.
I ate late last night not because I wanted to but because my parents came over and for some reason I didn't feel like eating while they were here and then by the time they left it was time to put the kids to bed and then after that I ate. I contemplated not eating at all last night because have you ever just went so long that the hunger goes away. Thats how I felt last night. But if I hadn't ate I would have just been at 1029 for my first real UD. Did I do the right thing by eating late or what? Is there a cut off that you shouldn't eat past??

Last edited by Happy2be; 01-17-2013 at 06:37 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you slept--that is a relief I know-I hope Haven feels better-I actually read where people suck on one of those large marshmallows for relief of sore throats! not sure if that works for other issues but it might help Haven's problem getting honey down? I think the premise is the sugar stops the tickle anyway? so glad you got your levels drawn-I really am surprised you have gone so long without knowing! I think we all have become lax with our numbers-the recent two visits to the doctors have made me realize the gains in my numbers since my last visits with them and they were more than happy to focus on my numbers too--ouch! I don't want my visit next month with the endo to be the same! I have got to do better-NOW! I have been way to lax and given myself way too much leeway--those darn buffets -if I go I have to be good! I just need to plan better meals and stay at home!

My son is out of surgery and doing well--thankful for that-no pain at this point-he will be home later today.

back later--I need to find something to bake for me that is lowcarb and large portion in the sweet dept-any ideas?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Melanie--I know nothing about JUDDD--I don't trust myself with it--UP days would just allow me too much leeway to start binge eating-I have to have control and stick with major lowcarb ketosis--or at least with what I know--I am thinking about more gluten free however to see if I could lose better- you will need to ask Monica who is our resident JUDDD person for all questions about timing of meals?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
I'll join y'all. My problem is I can never remember the name of the group I've joined. .
I lost 5-8 pounds in december now can't seem to stay in ketosis the last week. (one day I just decided to cheat and pick up next day) since then, having trouble. I usually have low resistance so don't know what is going on. (I don't need advice, just to whine) gonna be more careful today and perhaps take a long walk that usually burns off some extra carbs and gets me back in the game. So frustrated. Time to work on patience
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #79

Quote:
Thats how I felt last night. But if I hadn't ate I would have just been at 1029 for my first real UD. Did I do the right thing by eating late or what? Is there a cut off that you shouldn't eat past??
You did right. On JUDDD doesn't matter when, how, or what, just get in the numbers. you are right, I am not going to focus on what that number was....just on getting back to where I was. It's JUST A NUMBER!

Jeanne - glad your son is out of surgery ! The nurse already called me and my levels are fine. I set up an appointment and we will see how I feel come Monday if I actually go. I am starting to think it is all anxiety related. I am STRESSED beyond the breaking point right now. LIFE has just gotten out of hand!

Erinisme - Come here, we have LC'ers and JUDDD'ers. You can whine, cry, laugh, or just talk. We are a good group for that. You can jump back in and get the scale moving down again, I KNOW IT!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-glad your levels are good-you still need them checked yearly!! have you ever had any depression issues? I only ask because anxiety is one of the classic first symptoms of depression but most people don't recognize it as such since they are not showing any down symptoms..or can't say they have anything to be depressed about--but it is a chemical thing! . today's society and it's fast track-such as yours brings a lot of stress which I think is a precursor to anybody having some anxiety... I have had years and years of knowledge personally in this area! Please plan on going in and at least talking to the doctor-don't let that much anxiety continue--especially since it is having an impact on your physical health.

Erinisme--welcome to the group--whine away!! I am the queen of falling out of ketosis- so you are in good company--I guess I don't really fall out--I push myself out--I can't seem to stay good for any length of time lately--last year I was good for a full 5 months without one cheat--now I am totally unable to stay good at all--but I am really trying this challenge--I am trying to focus on making this a total lifestyle way of eating--not thinking about it as a diet--therefore I can't cheat or fall off the wagon right? I have lots of reasons to make it a lifestyle....again--welcome and share away--we share it all!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

having internet problems-can't post-signed into my son's router--finally got this to post--if I am gone--you know why--will try to get him working on it tomorrow

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-17-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #82

OH Jeanne - hope you are back soon! Thanks for the heads up. I slept really good again last night. We will see what the weekend brings. I have never had depression issues, so I'll have to think on that one.

Speaking of the weekend, what's everyone's plans? We have volleyball tomorrow and Sunday is church. Our "remodel project" is supposed to be done today so throw in a deep cleaning of the house this weekend too. Monday I host my BUNCO group at my house. Should be fun. Sunday will also be prepping food for that. In all, not a bad weekend.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a fun weekend Monica.

I don't have much planned.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

I am still on my son's router--so it makes posting harder--sometimes it works and sometimes not--he has promised to come over sometime when he is able to walk better! who knows when that is--but even he is still having problem with the ISP so it is still a problem that is NOT fixed--I will be here when I can girls!

Bunco--I used to belong to a group years ago--loved it--have fun--and enjoy that remodel! I want to do a lot but $ make it impossible right now--we are trying to buy an acre of ground from our neighbor and that is costly enough-I am not sure why we even need it except the hubby thinks its a good idea to keep people from building close to us possibly some day? I think I mow enough! there goes my sectional I want and remodeling too! ground is expensive!

I made a big pea salad last nite to have with pork chops-it was so good-I need to bake something lowcarb today-I may just go with my old faithful-coconut pie-has anybody tried the avocado chocolate pudding? I have a couple of avocados and it looks interesting but hard for me to believe it tastes good?

I took the grands to school today--I don't like getting out early! it reminds me too much of working--I have promised to do it Monday but if the son gets along as well as he seems-I bet he will take them? he is doing super. Still on crutches but no pain at all--he is such a wuzzy--pain and fear was his biggest fear--he never has had anything done before so this is a good thing that this has turned out so well.. thankful for that.

going to work on some paperwork now--glad you slept last nite Monica--keep it going! maybe the worst is over?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

just made chocolate avocado pudding--used 2 avocados, about 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 TBS cocoa, spash vanilla ext, 7 drops sweetzfree, some stevia, and blended in the vitamix I got for Christmas!! It is really good! a good way to use up the avocados, very surprising that you can't taste the avocados--I did have to work to get the sweetness right and also the chocolate-I start out small--I have ruined too many things with too much stevia and sweetzfree! I didn't think I would ever have chocolate pudding again! it is a good solid pudding too--this would make a pie! I bet I could do a peanut butter pie again-the only thing would be the color--the chocolate disquises the green and you wouldn't get that with the peanut butter--dang! if I could get past that-it would be great!
hmmm? I wonder if you let the avocados go brown first? that would get you to the right color-still thinking about a peanut butter pie--I miss them!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
out of ketosis again this morning! It's like my CCL dropped by 40 points over holidays. soooooo discouraged. I was going like gangbusters in December. hmmmm. I guess too many vegetables. or too many low carb foods. I don't feel like I'm being less strict than before holidays. Gonna take nice long brisk walk that always burns off those extra carbs for me. Thinking I might just go down to one leafy salad. . Greek yogurt and flax seed bread are the only things that keep me going. I will perk up after walk I'm sure.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Erinisme. Nice to have you. Enjoy your walk. What's the temps around there?

Monica---Glad you had a good night sleep. What's a bunco party?What are you making for food?

Melanie---How is JUDDD going?

Jeanne your pie idea sounds great. For the peanut butter pie couldn't you add some cocoa for the color and kind of make it a chocolate peanut butter pie? I am drooling just thinking about it!

I don't know what's happened to me today but I have woken up with my neck and face/head all swollen. I can barely get my glasses on. Don't know what has caused this but I hope it goes away soon. So I 've stayed home to get some much needed housework done.

See you later ladies.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #88

Jeanne - I love playing BUNCO! It's my one night to just hang with the gals. Our group is really YOUNG! I am typically the old lady in the bunch, although another gal older than me just joined. SHe and I joke about being the Grandma's....even though technically she IS a Grandma and I am not! Sorry about the internet issues. UGHH!!! Glad your son is doing well! I have not tried that pudding as I hate all things pudding related. Anything slurpy or runny, ie. Yogurt, gravy, pudding, jello YUCK fest for me. I have texture issues! I am a mess!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #89

Erin - sorry you are struggling. I'm not sure lettuce would be the stuff that would throw you out of ketosis. If it is, that stinks!

Michelle - that is awful about your neck/face. I hope it heals quickly. BUNCO is a 12 person dice game. It is common for a group of gals to get together and play BUNCO once a month. That's what we do. The 3rd Monday of each month. The food has to be more hand type grab and go since you are constantly shifting between 3 tables. I think on Table #1 I will have M&M's and Cut up Block Cheese. Table #2 I will have Twizzler candy and Cut up Summer sausage. Table #3 I will have Jelly Beans and some sort of salty treat. Then after the games are done, we have a dessert (as if that is even necessary) I am making a GF brownie/chocolate chip cookie bar and serving it with vanilla ice cream. Everything I will have out will be GF. I don't typically eat much at the parties as there is GLUTEN everywhere. And the cross contamination between the different bowls scares me into not eating. Occassionally I will eat some of the M&M's but typically I just play.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--are you allergic to something? new soap, makeup? sounds frightening--hope it goes down and you get back to normal soon!

Monica--I have those mouth issues with bananas and jello--just don't like the feel of those things in my mouth--however I love banana flavor-banana bread and banana popsicle etc! go figure!

I love warm chocolate pudding-I could eat a whole pan full--why I was the size I was apparently! I wish I didn't like some things--however I wish I belonged to your bunco party group--we never had eats at ours until later--never at the tables--I love all the goodies at yours--I would be in BIG trouble with all those things! I would have to stay away to be good!

Erin--start using one of the food tracker sites-we can't put them here but there are several--it is an eye opener when you start logging your food and see where the carbs really add up--do that for awhile and you will be right back into ketosis--hang in there