Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Glad to hear your boss was able to get out. Sounds like a mess. Yay for staying on plan in spite of it all.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How is everyone this a.m.??? It is supposed to be 50+* today! WOOHOO! I am loving January! I think I heard this morning that 2012 was a RECORD WARMEST YEAR EVER for the USA! I have to say, I am not so against global warming!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #33

Yesterday ended right at 800c. I will call it a success. I had to have an extra 190c to get my bloodsugar up and stable.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies. Today is one week in to Atkins and I have officially lost 7 lbs!!!!! I am finding that its al little crazy that for the past two days I haven't been real hungry and just been eating when hungry. The way I have been eating reminds me of Judd or what I think it might be.

Yesterday. Shake. Water and then a piece of pizza bake and the mini cheesecake last night. I know I am in deep ketosis and burning my own fat so yay... But for being the first week into it I am usually so hungry. Any thoughts?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Way to go Melanie! You are doing great.

You are probably not hungry because you have hit ketosis and you are having just the right proportions of fat. I would embrace the lack of humger.

How's it going today Monica? The blood sugar back to normal?

Jeanne where are you? We're worried!!!!!!!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #36

Bloodsugar is back to normal! Not sure what was up yesterday, I also had some horrible stomach cramping. I went to bed early, I think I was asleep before 8:30. Seems a bit better today!

Melanie - I love PIZZA bake! Even on JUDDD I have it sometime. For the kids I will add in pasta to theirs. YUM, we all love it!

Jeanne - I agree, really worried girl! Not like you to not check in!!!!!!! MISS YOU
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

OK ladies what's going on? None of us are talking too much and Jeanne has gone awol?
That's never a good sign. I know I'm not at induction levels yet but I'm at least trying. Which is better than I can say about "me" before the holidays. I have a good feeling that today will be the day I put the nuts away and really settle down.

Melanie... How's it going? Still not hungry? What's on the menu today?

Monica.... How's the drama with the boss going? How's being back at work after such a grand tropical vacation? How come you decided not to weigh in til the 17th? Is that a special day? I know you're not one for weighing often though, just curious.

Jeanne.... I know you're lurking around. What's wrong? Talk to us!!!!!!

Come on ladies we need each other to do this.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #38

Michelle I am here. Work is good. Boss is working with his lawyer to clear up all the charges and get her out of his House. Right now he is living with his son (who also works here) as the law states until the charges are settled even though it is His house and she has no claim to it...HE can't be there. His lawyer thinks it will be an open/shut case and charges will be completely dismissed.

As for working after my vacation, last week was Hard. I have seemed to have gotten pretty caught up though now so I feel pretty good about it all. Normally January is a DOWNER of a month for me. For some reason, this year it isn't! I love that

Not weighing until the 17th, that is all to give myself time to drop the Holiday weight. Unlike the rest of you all, if I see a higher number, I LOSE MY MIND! I tend to get very depressed and start sabataging myself and , in turn, making it all much worse than it really is. Does that make sense??? LOL

Yesterday was a good Up day! So far, today has been a super easy DD! I hate to state this so early, as that could change is a HOT SECOND! Hopefully it will go smoothly. I have a plan, that typically helps!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #39

I emailed Jeanne, hopefully we hear something ...somehow soon!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #40

Melanie, you inspired me! I bought the ingredients to make Pizza Bake next week! YUMMY
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Cool. I have the ingredients for alteast two in the next two weeks.

Had a good day. Had to go grocery shopping. Doing laundry and getting everything ready for this weekend. I will be armed with Atkins friendly food as well as a shake, veggies and Caesar salad. Tomorrow night my group is getting pizza for dinner and i wanted to be armed with something.

My rings are spinning tonight, so that means no bloat. Hoping to see a good number tomorrow.

Zipp~ I hear you on the scale. So far its not getting the better of me, but it can and has in the past. If it starts I will just have to hide it or have dh hide it. LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I am back!!! my internet went out Sunday nite--and sometime during the nite last nite it has come back! it was four days but feels like 4 weeks!!! I felt isolated and lost without my buds!! it has been awful! thankful I have my tv with a different provider than this one--my son has tv and internet with the same provider!!

I went to the doc and took mom to the took for two days and was gone Monday and Tuesday so that helped some...but not a whole lot! I picked up a bug while out or while the baby was here--he always has the sniffles...so I am not feeling up to par!

will try to go back and read later today --I have 400 plus emails to read! yikes--lots of delete coming!

back later
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #43

Jeanne - SO GLAD TO SEE YOU GIRL! We were getting worried! Maybe we should all share cell phone numbers too! One of that 400 emails is from me, delete it girl! I was just trying to find you! Sorry you aren't feeling well!

Melanie - you all doing anything special this weekend? Sounds like you are armed and ready for anything!

Michelle - how are you doing?

This weekend is actually a low key weekend for us! WOOHOO! We won't know how to act. Tonight Haven is having a friend sleep over. I plan to watch a movie with Dennis and go to bed early! Tomorrow, really, nothing. A friends is hosting a 31 party, so I will go to that. That's it for tomorrow. Sunday is church, SS, then nothing. OOPS almost forgot, Haven has softball practice Sunday evening. Indoors thankfully!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--Glad you are back, but sorry to hear you are not well. How's your mom doing?

Melanie---Spinning rings is always a good sign and also no bloat feels great. I'm sure you will be seeing great results tomorrow. I usually weigh in on Saturdays, but I'm going to try something different this week. For this challenge I am only going to weigh in every two weeks. I think last challenge my downfall was seeing a gain one week when there should not have been one and falling off the wagon. So I am hoping if there is going to be a gain one week I won't see it and it will be gone by the following Saturday. The first time around in 2007 I didn't have to play these games..it just came off, but this time not so easy.

Monica---Yea for a regular weekend! I'm sure after your trip and how busy you have been since you got back this down time will be just perfect. Have a great romantic movie night with your hubby.

Today we are preparing for a blizzard. I am going shopping to make sure the house is stocked up. We are suppose to get 20cm or almost 10in. of snow and it is going down to -32 deg tonight. We already have about 20 inches of snow so we will be pretty buried in the cold stuff. But spring is only 4 months away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you later.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--sorry about the snow--we are actually without snow for the first time in weeks--it has melted--but they are calling for snow Sunday or Monday-I have forgotten which--the temps are going to be in the 60s today and tomorrow then drop Sunday!! big drop! I am glad to see the ground again although it is a soggy mess!

I may try that not weighing thing--I am really swollen right now--too much salt--I bought Bill some peanut butter pretzels and I usually don't eat chips but I do love those pretzels-I caved and ate a bunch of those!! I was feeding my cold! yikes-out went the health reasoning! I did that for a couple of days too--so I am trying once again! the story of my life it seems--my blood sugar was 95 today so not too much of a fall from grace!

I got excellent lab work at the doctor though---my triglycerides were 59!!! and my cholesterol was 180 I believe-It hasn't been under 200 for years so it goes to show I have been sticking to lowcarb for a good while--at least until recently anyway! Now to get back to it and stay there--I was really impressed with my numbers and I need to continue eating the right way to make them stay that way! I had some elevated sodium--that was my only elevated level--I retain big time in that area -always have! sticking to the woe helps in that area too!

what is a pizza bake? don't think I have ever had it? recipe please?

Going to fix a casserole of Linda Sues for tonite- http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mushroo...casserole.html

hoping it will last awhile since I am under the weather--the nurse practioner looked at my ear and saw fluid but didn't give me anything

Monica--yippee for a quiet weekend-I think that is what I need too--altho I think the hubs daughter and family are coming down this weekend for their Christmas-hopefully I will feel better by then? going to rest up today--haven't been doing too much anyway-lol since I wasn't able to get here-lots of tv!

Melanie--sounds like you are doing fabulous! keep up the great work!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-11-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #46

I hope you are able to enjoy your family who is visiting this weekend girl!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--love the new avatar!!! you both look so tan and beautiful and happy!!

I have done nothing today but play on the computer and delete emails--thanks for checking up on me! too sweet! Dolly has enjoyed this warmer weather and no snow--she and Wilson--the Siamese have been playing outside so much more today--they have really hated all the snow! Bill moved the bird feeder up close to the house so we could watch all the birds-they were so hungry that I even had quail on our porch for two days in a row trying to find stuff to eat-so we have been feeding a lot to keep them happy--it's so much fun to see all the different kinds of birds still here for the winter--I get tickled when I see the big woodpeckers --they peck at the brick even! silly birds! So many cardinals which is surprising! love watching them--and many I don't have a clue what they are--I guess I need a book?

well-time to start thinking about cooking some cauliflower--I hate all the trouble of slicing up heads of cauliflower but I continue to buy them!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #48

We bought cali, this week too!!!! Thanks for the compliment Jeanne!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #49

How are you feeling girl???
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #50

Family coming in tomorrow???
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Apparently nobody is coming? they didn't call or show up? so I am just going to settle in tonite and watch the free weekend of movies on dish--HBO and TMC! The King's Speech is on and I want to watch that! I haven't had an alone weekend since before the holidays so I am ready for one! I did cut the hubs hair--he was WAY past due--I try to keep him on Dolly's schedule-but he missed her last grooming!

the cauliflower casserole was good--I liked it and so did the hubs--good for a rainy day--we are supposed to have storms today! but it is warm! not tomorrow though-a wintry mix for tomorrow--I am just thrilled to still have internet-wish we had more options-AT and T was supposed to come a couple of years ago and they never have!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #52

I made the pizza bake! We plan on eating it tomorrow . I don't really have a recipe but here's what I used.

2 cups ground turkey
6 large button mushrooms cut to pieces
20 turkey pepperoni
1 can and 1 jar of tomato sauce
2 cups GF noodles (not necessary)
1 cup mozzarella
Garlic salt and minced onions to taste

Throw it all together . Honestly without the noodles is good too . My family prefers with noodles and since I had GF ones, I threw them in. Without the noodles you can get by with less sauce. Put whatever you favorite toppings are . I used ground turkey because that's what I had. Hamburger, sausage, peppers, onions you name it would work too!!

Last edited by zipp2play; 01-12-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #53

Sorry your family didn't make it. Is it odd they didn't call either?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry the family didn't come Jeanne. How are you feeling now?

Monica--That pizza bake sounds fantastic. How's your relaxing weekend going?

Melanie---How did the weigh in go? I couldn't stop myself and had to get on the scale. I gained. No surprise if you saw the copious amounts of cashews I ate. When will I learn.

I took the opportunity of the blizzard to take down all the Christmas decor and return the house to the same ol same ol. It sure is cold here today -40. Another day locked in!

Last edited by michelle204; 01-13-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Brrrr! Michelle--it has been raining all day here--our temps have gone down 30plus degrees-the wintry mix hasn't started yet--but it sure feels cold and damp--on a positive note--our pond has raised about a foot over nite-not sure how much we have received but there are flood warnings out everywhere--we must have had a dumper of rainfall last nite--there were tornado warnings out for awhile too! weird weather for winter! I have stayed in my jammies all day so far and even fixed me some lowcarb waffles for lunch! I don't think there is a reason to get dressed at this point? The hubs and I are just chilling watching movies-I could be doing other things but this seems good for now!

Thanks for the recipe Monica--sure sounds good--will add that to my recipe collection.. I will be picking up ground chuck from the meat market next week when I go out of town..I buy it frozen and its a little cheaper that way..

I am feeling better today--thanks for asking girls--the ear pain is missing--that was really shocking-in a real way-lol!

Stay warm Michelle--I would be snuggled with a good book and a fireplace--my next house will have a real fireplace--this gas log fireplace is just too loud and not enjoyable like a real one--it does come in handy when the power is off tho!

cya
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday Morning Everyone--I usually weigh in on Mondays so I did! I lost a pound this week-well-depending on my scale-it weighs in half pounds-so 2 out of 3 times I lost a pound-the third time I lost a half pound so I went the pound loss!! of course!!!! that is with those darn p-nut butter pretzels even--last nite the hubs tried to feed me candy bars! its so hard to stay on plan here with him eating his junk and no encouragement! thank goodness I can come here!

it is a cold start to the week-several school delays this morning due to the sleet we received--it could have been much worse if all the rain had been sleet!

what is everybody cooking this week? I get so tired of my cooking..
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Jeanne on the loss. I know how hard it is when the hubby isn't co-operating.Mine is very supportive but when he wants something bad, he is very good at saying I deserve a treat and it doesn't take much for me to agree. But we will triumph I'm sure.

As for menu for the week....I'm with you.I'm tired of thinking of what to eat and cleaning up after it. I don't actually mind the cooking.
My husband is very picky and every meal must have meat and potatoes or rice or lots of bread. No low carb for him. He doesn't do any casseroles and anything with glazes or marinades or sauces other than brown gravy or country fried steak gravy. So needless to say every day I cook two different breakfasts, two different lunches, and two different dinners. So every week that is 42 different meals between the two of us. I am burnt out.

I bought a side of salmon this weekend so most of my meals will consist of salmon, but Marcel doesn't eat fish, so I'm still thinkimg about what to feed him.

I'll give my meals more thought and maybe come up with something fantastic. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #58

Michelle - that's cold girl. I thought my 8* this a.m. for our walk was bad. I know if actual temp dipped below ZERO we would skip our walk! So questions, does the dogs pee freeze as it leaves their bodies before it hits the ground at that temp??? Kidding of coarse! How do you function making separate meals always??? I think I would give up. We don't even allow our kids to choose something else. Most nights Dennis or I make XXX if they don't like it, I simply state, Breakfast is in the morning! Last week, Tristan said, OK and got up! His choice, at his weight, missing a meal isn't the end of the world.

Jeanne - so glad you are feeling better. What movies did you watch? This weekend I watched the Ice Age 3 Movie (with Haven, YAWNFEST, I played on my phone) and Hope SPrings (not great either but I finished it). Meals, well, this week we decided to mix it up. I made the Pizza bake, Dennis made GF Meatballs (requested by Haven) and Potato Soup with tons of veggies (again requested by Haven) and we baked a ham! Eating good this week. Too bad today's a DD! Such is!!! I will eat tomorrow.

Our weekend was good. I finished up some orders for Decor Photo things from the trip. Now I just need to get a couple of pics ordered for the frames I bought while on our trip! It's never ending!

Not sure I mentioned it, be we hired someone to do a remodeling project for us. It was supposed to start and finish while we are gone.....well, we are PRAYING it will be done by 01/18! Needless to say, the contractor got sick, then injured....it has been a mess. We live in a tri-level and the project encompasses the steps. So PAIN! We had them yank the carpet on the steps and in the upstairs hallway. They are tiling the hallway (that is done) and tiling and wood trimming the steps AND they took out the "wall type structure" leading up and down and are putting in a banister. Things are finally starting to shape up....so I think we may survive!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

OMG--Michelle--I feel for you cooking like that--I will say the hubs will eat just about anything I fix and that includes all my lowcarb attempts--he does love cauliflower and broccoli so we have a lot of those things in casseroles--I can't complain about his preferences-just wish he was more encouraging of my woe--however to his benefit-he never ever said one word about me being too fat either--I appreciated that-I beat myself up enough anyway in that dept!

Monica--good for you getting some remodeling done--hope to see some pics when it is done--that is a great way to start the new year--I would love to just finish some things that have never been completed! THEN-it will be time to remodel--already time in the kitchen!! I want granite instead of formica!! dang that stuff is expensive!

Monica--it was a movie marathon--makes me think about joining Netflix again-I enjoyed searching for all the good movies--we watched the King's speech-Twilight Dawn-part one-would you believe that was my first twilight movie-??? I did really well keeping up without seeing all the ones before--Now I want to see the next one! then War Horse was one--loved it except for when the horse went thru all the barbed wire--I cried-then it was Source Code-I think that was the name--really good and would love to see a sequel of that one!! can't think of what else right now

Will be taking mom to the doc tomorrow--she picked up a bug I think when we were at the doctors last week-I was able to fight mine off and she isn't--so time to get her some medicine I hope-and a refill for her albuterol-her inhaler medication.

trying to put away the last of my Christmas today--should have done it over the weekend but was too lazy...

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-14-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #60

Jeanne - the Twilight Movie you watched...was it Breaking Dawn Part 1??? You DID have a movie marathon! Satuday I went to at 31 Gifts party and agreed to host a party on 01/27! If you all aren't busy, PLEASE COME! Would love to have you! I love the stuff and I used to sell it, so I just thought, WHY NOT! HOpe your Mom gets better soon! Wicked stuff is everywhere. Leathal stomach bug and the FLU! Makes me want to wear a mask everywhere!

WE put away our Christmas before the Cruise, didn't want to come home TAN and depressed AND have to put the stuff away!