Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Love to your MOM Jeanne! Hopefully it is just the WINTER BLAHS that she has!

Sounds like a good birthday Jeanne. YOU DESERVE IT! How many will be at your house on Sunday? I think your gift sounds awesome. Haven would love something like that. I know she is a little younger, but she is very into that kind of thing. Nice and personal. How proud you must be!

We have a crazy weekend ahead for us. Friday Dennis and I are off work. We are heading our last Grandparents day at Haven's elementary school. Next year I will have a middle schooler and a high schooler. I fear it may be the last one since I will be gone. I have headed it for 8 years and not ONE person wanted to help me this year and take over. OH WELL. We have loved it. My parents and Dennis Dad/Wife are all coming. We are hoping all stay for an early dinner that night. My parents will as they are spending the night. Then we will hang out on Saturday and meet my sister in KC for early dinner at Cheddar's (My parents favorite restaurant) to celebrate my Mom's birthday. Then we will head home and Sunday morning go to our church and then head to Dennis Dad's house. It will be just us and them. Should be fun. I am making a new GF Cake recipe for the day. Hopefully it turns out. It sounds delicious! Thankfully Sunday and Friday are Up days!

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #482

say a little prayer for my Uncle Jim. He had surgery yesterday from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. They removed all or part of 1 kidney and found another cancer mass and removed that. They believe they got it all but he will have a slow rough recovery. He is just shy of 79 years old.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
You have our prayers Monica. Cancer is suh a horrible disease.

Jeanne- Glad you enjoyed your birthday with the hubby. That in itself is a great present.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
M onica-sorry about your Uncle Jim-that is a long surgery for someone that age-but I have seen people come thru much worse-prayer can change things-will be keeping him covered.

Mom didn't sleep at all last nite-I have to say I didn't either--too much of a big day? I really enjoyed my day out-and so I think we both decided to call off getting together today and will do it tomorrow--she is really not having very many good days lately--her age is really showing this year.. I told Bill we zipped right thru the stores yesterday and it was such a change as I am so used to taking a long time with her-I had forgotten how fast I could zip thru --I told him when he retires look out--he wasn't thrilled-lol! he is not a shopper at all-I did manage to run into TJ Maxx while he ducked into DICKS but neither one of us bought anything-it was just good to look! Orange is good this year according to TJMaxx! I love orange and I want an orange or coral purse!!

Sorry no one would help you with Grandparents Day-sad isn't it? I am so proud of my kids being like you and Dennis--they are involved with their kids-means so much to me and to the kids too! I have been to Cheddars once-my friend who grooms Dolly took me--of course it is in Evansville where we went yesterday-always out of town--but it was so good--we split this humongous chocolate lava ice cream dessert--OMG it was good--I was off my woe that day too! surprise! I have wanted to go back and have never made it--it is a good place!!

Michelle--how you doing today? I have been bad to the bone-but I am smiling--terrible aren't I?

ok-time to get busy--later girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Got my bills paid today--Bill was sent home before noon today again-it isn't looking good-I am praying for some dry weather fast! it will take quite awhile for the ground to dry up enough for them to work however-uggh! hoping something comes up soon! I really was hoping to take a vacation maybe at the lake at least? not using his vacation time like this!

Tomorrow-Mom has decided she needs to go shopping so I will be taking her-she really doesn't need to try the way she has been feeling but I sometimes think getting out takes her mind off the pain in her feet and back-so maybe it's a good thing to get out and try? so it will be another day out--she even thought she would try to make something to bring for dinner on Easter-I insisted no way-she has always been a great cook and this is hitting her hard not being able to bake and cook like she has in the past-she is just not able to be up standing still on her feet and it hurts her back to stand in one place--she needs to realize it's time to relax and enjoy. I am thinking about surprising her by using her mothers dishes-she gave them to me a few years back-they are old and beautiful-not a full set at all but enough that I think it would thrill her to see the table set with them--her mother died when she was only 50 so I never knew her at all-so these dishes mean a lot to me--they are actually the only thing she has left of her mother.. I don't remember her ever using them either. It's time I think? I think I will work on that table setting Saturday for sure...what do you think?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

I think using those dishes would be a great idea. I'm sure it will be a beautiful table setting and make your mom really happy. It's a shame your mom can't bake anymore. I know I will be upset the day I can't bake or cook anymore. I'll feel a little useless. But I do understand that day will come. Hopefully not oo soon. Would it make her feel better if she contributed a bought dessert or floral centerpiece maybe?
I'm sorry Bill is losing vacation time like that. I know how stressful that must be too. You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. I'll make sure to add a little something in my prayers for you and yours tonight.

Monica---How is your uncle doing?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Michelle--you are too too sweet-we will survive-I have been thru worse times for sure-I always try to look for a brighter reason-if he is off maybe I can get him to finally do some work around here-lol!! we need to get in that mindset to finish up our house but then that needs money-it's a vicious circle-just hoping for some dry weather fast!

Monica--I am curious about your uncle also--hope he is doing ok? such a long surgery.. any word?

will be headed out shopping over to Vincennes today--thankfully only 30 minutes away so Mom wants to hit the dollar tree-I love that store also-and of course walmart where she can ride the scooter! I have most of my dinner except for the salad fixings! Tomorrow will be a day of cooking and cleaning! wish Nate and Rachel could be here but I know they have to share--I am so lucky to have the kids next door-It was hard when we had to travel to florida to see them-altho those were some good vacation times!

have a good day ladies--cya tonite probably
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #488

Jeanne - I guess the PLUS about me not being a cook / baker at all is, I won't feel bad when I can't do it anymore! I feel the pain for your Mom. My Grandma was much the same. She cried during the prayer the last holiday meal we had at her house, she KNEW she wouldn't be able to do it anymore. I even went up early and helped her and it was still hard on her! :comfort: I am sorry for Bill's work too. Does he have a lot of vaca saved up?

Michelle - how are things at work? Computer functioning back to normal?

Today is my FRIDAY! I am very happy about that. Grandparents day is always fun, but it is tiring too. It's the last one, so we will all enjoy it to the fullest. Then tomorrow evening we are having chicken and shrimp for dinner. We tried a new spring veggie rice salad last night to have on Friday. It was light and good. We will also have baked potatoes and jello. Then KU plays at 6:30, so we will all be watching the GAME! It's KU day at school tomorrow, I plan to forgo my typically pants/nice shirt to fit in wearing my KU Gear! Fun stuff!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #489

My blood sugar tanked HORRIBLY this a.m. While walking with Dennis, it hit rock bottom. It hasn't done this in a long long time. I was sampling a dessert last night to see if it would work for the weekend...I guess I had too much. Not sure. So this DD may be a little on the higher side. I had a protein granola bar at 6:00 a.m. to get things up and was still shakey so I have already had my stirfry egg breakfast. Goal is still under 500c! We will just have to see.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--so scary with your blood sugar--I am glad it doesn't happen often but it is still not a good thing--glad you are dealing with it appropriately-Bill has that happen only if he eats waffles with syrup-he pays later! Have a good KU day and grandparents day--it will be a last final hoorah sounds like?

Bill only has 2 weeks every year of vacation-so a couple of those are now gone! I am hoping to see salvage a weeks vacation but if not-we will do weekends at the lake I hope!

gotta run-later
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #491

Jeanne - that is why when I eat waffles I eat a minimum of 2 eggs and SF syrup!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies--today is cleaning and cooking day-going to make my NESTS and a cheesecake-the recipe from my grandmother who was 96 when she passed-brings back memories--my table is set-and looks pretty nice-anxious to see what Mom thinks-

Haven't taken a picture with my new phone yet-maybe will try if I figure it out? lol! so much to learn-hopefully there is an easy way to post now?

Lots to do in the next two days-the weather is supposed to be nice Saturday and then rain Sunday but at least warmer for these two days-so glad-then a little cooler again next week-I am so ready for warmer--I just got notification that the raspberry plants I ordered have shipped-they should arrive anytime-I ordered 6 so those should need to be planted maybe this weekend-hopefully we will have raspberries in a short time! if the deer don't eat them?

well-better get busy--How is your blood sugar today-and the grandparents day how did it go?

OMG--I have been making those crazy nests- I won't be doing that again-I have had caramel sticking to my hands and unable to form the nests-I had to unwrap all those caramels and then chop them up before even melting them-and I still have to let the nests cool and then melt the chocolate and dip the nests in the chocolate-I hope the kids appreciate this--I ended up making 7 up them-so one for everyone-at their place setting! the next time I will make cupcakes! or buy a bunny cake or something easy!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- How is your blood sugar now? It sure sounds like a scary thing when that happens. How was Grandparents day?

Jeanne--- I'm sure your caramel nests will be well received. I know how much work they must be though. I have seen some other recipes made with those caramels and I have passed on them cause I thought unwrapping them would be too much work. I hope you do take a pic of your tble, I would love to see it.

Well our computer issues are over now and my computer is back home where it belongs. Up here we get today off. Do you get Good Friday off as a holiday? Everything is closed here, so there is not much to do, but go to church or rest. Since Marcel and I dont believe in the Catholic thing anymore, we opted for rest at home and doing are own remembering of what this day is all about. We also took Ben for a walk since the temps finally warmed up. It is a balmy -4 * today. Tomorrow is an errand running day and Sunday will be brunch with the inlaws.

Hoping we start this challenge on Monda, cause my jeans can't take much more of this bad behavior.

Later girls!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--had to laugh--went to dinner tonite with Bill-had deep dish pizza--I am enjoying my respite from the woe but my jeans are like yours--paying the price--I actually went to dinner with the snap unbuttoned-they are miserably tight now! and I am miserable feeling all the time of gluttony! will be glad to restart also-hopefully I can restart!

I used to work for a Christian home health agency-not a Catholic agency but Christian with a chaplain on staff and we were never allowed to close on Good Friday-I thought it was terrible but never understood the reasoning?? I took a couple of pictures today on my iphone-accidently took a video before I knew what I was doing and I don't know how to share yet? but someday will try-I put those darn nests in the freezer to harden up-don't know if they will be edible if I take them out in time or if they will just be mushy--not sure if it was the cheap caramels I bought or what the issue was? I won't be doing them again anyway-they are cute however!

well-time to relax-bought the final fixings for my meal tonite-I should be all set to cook tomorrow what I can in prep and then finish up Sunday! tomorrow evening is Cassidy's confirmation followed by cake and ice cream-another chance for the finishing of this week in a big way-I hate to see the scale!

nite girls-cya tomorrow-Bill is headed shopping with his son tomorrow looking at guns so I will have some quiet time--yippee
Old 03-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Not funny about the jeans, but I had to laugh too. What a fine pair we are. I'm like you, I sure do hope I can get back on the wagon Monday too. With all the love you put into those nests, I'm sure they will taste great. Make sure to have one for me.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

No-not funny actually-I am so out of control and it is my health out stake! I fall back into my old habits way too easily--and that is scary! I am anxiously awaiting the restart Monday but it will be hard when it is here-I really struggle the first week getting back into ketosis! I am ready the way I feel now however--easy to say when you are eating everything under the sun!

about time to go to church and Cassidy's confirmation-Mom is still under the weather and not able to attend-she is really sorry to miss it--hopefully she will be able to make it tomorrow but who knows-things are not turning out for anyone-Nate called and they had to cancel their plans to go to Chicago also--Lucas is sick with a fever and vomiting so they are staying home this weekend too!

Monica--missing you-hope things are busy and you and the family are doing ok?

Well-have a great Easter ladies-Tomorrow I will be busy cooking and will be back checking in here tomorrow nite for sure--Hippity HOP!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #497

My blood sugar was good once I got it up and stable. Grandparents day was a HUGE success. We had over 280 attend. It's the biggest one yet!!! Sad they will probably not have it next year. I have done it for 8 years, a good time for me to be done . My parents loved it..which is why I started it. We went to Good Friday services as a family last night. Very moving. I think it made us all think ... Michelle it's not a holiday here , although each year more and more businesses that we work with close for the day.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #498

Today Mom and I shopped in Lawrence and then we met everyone in KC (my sister and her husband ) for lunch and more shopping. It was a great Family day .

Jeannie I'm thinking of you and your family now . I am sure you are beaming with pride for Cassidy. Such a wonderful accomplishment . I am excited for T's in October . I hope your Mom feels better tomorrow . Sad to miss the holiday.

Michelle , are you making brunch ?? I made a GF cake . Devils food and poked holes in it and poured Carmel on it. Tomorrow I will put the whipped topping on it and beak up the Recees PB cups to sprinkle on top!!! Hopefully it's good.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #499

Between yesterday and today....I'm spent. I think tonight I will sip some wine and head to bed early. TIRED!!! Early service tomorrow , need to be there by 8:00 am. Haven is candle lighter and T is cross bearer. He also carried the cross with crown of thorns in for service last night , so moving.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #500

Girls , I'm thankful for both of you. Wish we could all meet. You all mean a lot to me. If either of you disappeared, I'd be lost !!!! Love you BOTH!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls. I hope you both had a great Easter weekend, full of family, friends, and food. Ours was quiet and restful, just what was needed.

So it's April 1st and time to get serious about our health, right? Jeanne what was that title you came up with for this next challenge? And I do hope Monica, that you start it cause I did a miserable job last time. I think I am ready for this now. I think I've hit rock bottom and it's time to look up and feel better with my friends by my side!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies--had a good day yesterday-only had a bad end to the meal-Mom came in the door and looked at the table and said-Mom's dishes! she was thrilled to see the table set with them and just went on and on about the beautiful table setting-she wanted her sister in Texas to see -so I said we could send a picture if I could figure out how! anyway-Kim and Cassidy volunteered to wash and dry since we couldn't put them in the dishwasher-they have 24 K edging all around-so it was long before I heard the crash-I said please NO-but it was the dishes-Cassidy dropped one plate onto another plate and two were destroyed-Mom started to cry and went into the bathroom-I followed her to make sure she was ok-and talked with her awhile and promised her I would make sure somehow to replace or repair the two plates-I vowed to make it right-I think she believed me-I was heartbroken too-anyway-other than that-we had a great day-I think Chris and Kim and the kids are coming back tonite for left overs-I hope so anyway--I need to get rid of a lot of stuff!

My scale is broken-it has been showing low battery off and on for awhile then it would be fine-so now it has quit totally-so I can't figure out what to start with today--I am thankful! I know it is not good-but I am restarting for sure-I can't remember the name-something about how foolish I have been? I don't care what the name is-I just need to restart today even without a weight. I am really swollen and my legs are tight-so I know a lot of it is water weight-I plump up when I go off plan too with water and weight both!

we are supposed to get snow today-can you believe that--winter just can't leave-yesterday was in the 60s-today back to the 40s with snow flurries-I guess it is our aprfil fools joke! NOT~
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne, my heart is broken over the dishes. I feel so bad. Is there anyway you can replace those 2 plates?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I have been up all nite searching the internet-there is replacements (web site) but they don't have this pattern available-and there is a place in North Carolina that repairs broken items-I have no idea what they charge-I did find some of this pattern on ebay but no dinner plates-but I am going to watch ebay in earnest hoping that someone will someday have the dinner plates for sale-I am encouraged that I saw platters and other items-apparently dinner plates are harder to come by? but at least I saw the pattern! I will keep watching! I am even planning on maybe purchasing some teacups--there are only 2 teacups left in Mom's set-all the others were broken so maybe I can upgrade those to 8 to finish out the set?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #505

OH that is too bad the day ended like that. I hope Cassidy didn't feel too bad. Truly, they are just plates. What is the name of the pattern / plates? I can do a search. I have literally found everything that was antique dishwise that Dennis has ever wanted. he is SO into that crap! Me, it's a plate. Eat off it and move on, Dennis, it means a whole bunch more to. I would gladly help you search!

It was a great weekend. I ate way too much yesterday. Today is a NEW DAY!

How about, Less Bang for July 4th - challenge? Memorial day is just 8 weeks away, maybe having it till 4th of July would work better????
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great to me Monica! I need as much time as I can get.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I would welcome any help with the search-they are made by Sebring-and it's kind of confusing--the name could be Toledo delight? there is also the name Trojan on the back which I am thinking that is also the kind of design? there is the outline of the state of OHIO and inside of that it says Trojan by Sebring USA -then below that it says Warranted 22 K Gold and below that Toledo-delight--you can go to ebay and put in Sebring Toledo delight and you will see the pattern--just no dinner plates for sale they are cream colored background-I have seen some of the same pattern called American Limoges but that pattern has a white background-had me excited until I realized it was not the right color background..

Cassidy I don't think felt too bad-nobody yelled or screamed--we knew it was an accident-and she is typical of a 16 year old-doesn't consider dishes too sacred at this point!

sounds like a good challenge for me-I am thankful my scale conked out-altho I have had that scale forever and it has been a good one-I am hoping it is just a battery-I don't want to replace it-I am working on Mom's taxes today-thankfully forms are on line and my printer is behaving itself today!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-01-2013 at 08:35 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

this is the pattern Monica-I have written the person with this listing to see if they would sell the one dinner plate-I don't need the other pieces because I have those--even if I get one plate-it would be that much! then I could continue looking for another!

Sebring Pottery 5pc Set "Trojan" 22K Gold | eBay
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #509

Order up that entire auction then girl! $45 and you get 2 plates and the other stuff. Even if you don't need it, in what I searched, you won't get even 1 plate for much less than that. I understand you don't need it all, but then you have a few spares of some of the stuff. Make sense?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #510

Less BANG by July 4th!