Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
She is very pleased!!!!!!!

My DD was almost perfect yesterday! I came in right under 500c! That is GREAT for me. I weighed this morning. I am up to 173. Not near as bad as I feared, but still, NOT GOOD! We starting a new challenge??? I need to set new goals!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/175 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
wow--Haven really had long hair! so pretty-it must grow really fast! I like this length too however! such a beautiful girl inside and out!!

Monica-I don't care whenever you want to start the challenge-I keep trudging along-I know I eat way too much baked goods--I just know they are better for me than the high carb stuff-so I will just hope to maintain or lose a pound here or there-that is my goal!! nothing big! I am finally getting it I think!

I better be cooking this way-It seems like I have enough of the special flours taking up space in my kitchen and freezer! I enjoy it tho--trying new things--I made 60 fat bombs yesterday--I really enjoy those too much-better for me than the russel stovers candy with those sugar alcohols! My next house -lol-will have a huge pantry--I will have lots of room to store all my baking goods--I am dreaming big!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #453

Bake something YUMMY for me! Thanks for the kind words on Haven, her hair does grow fast!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

had a great lunch with my friend-always enjoying getting together with her-we had Mexican-my favorite-and we were even flirted with by the Mexican waiter-Sharon said it made her day! lol! I think they try to get bigger tips that way-lol--I was laughing more at her! I have a hard time understanding what they say-hard enough hearing them and then trying to get the broken English-I wasn't getting half of what he was saying! probably a good thing!

I came home and tried to print out a recipe-now my printer won't work-I spoke too soon-it's been working fine the last 3 weeks-and now it's on the blink again-dang thing! back to the drawing board-

Monica-yay you for a good down day-I am just treading water I think-? but no gain is good-plus I am eating good-so can't complain-I ate a huge taco salad for lunch-no chips! but was stuffed-usually just eat half or a little over half-but we talked and I just kept eating and eating! mindless eating! sure was good! love our Mexican restaurant!

time to do something-later girls
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #455

NO Chips at a mexican restaurant is AWESOME Jeanne - total VICTORY there! Flirting with the waiter, now that IS fun!!!!!!! We had some cute waiters in San Diego! Nothing like being on the beach, sipping wine and looking at some EYE CANDY!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #456

Sorry your printer won't work. Have you tried rebooting your computer? That is typically what ours needs.

It's FRIDAY ladies!!!!!! WOOHOO. We are leaving work at 3:00 today and plan to be on the road at 4:00. Should be in Tulsa around 8:00. Trying to keep my DD calories low so I can partake in WINE once I get there. HOW HORRIBLE am I? Planning my entire day around wine calories! Hey, a girl has got to live, right????
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #457

Looking forward to hanging out with our friends. We really didn't plan much while we are there to increase the hanging out time at the hotel. I think we will go to the aquarium and that is all!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #458

Plans for you all?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

I think we are thinking about looking at the iphones again tonite at walmart-at jasper while we look at printers at Staples--I looked yesterday to see if I could update my printer driver--thought that might be the issue-apparently my printer is too old and they advice just updating with a new printer! I finally did reinstall the printer again twice and it is now running once more with the 2nd copy installed-It won't let me delete the 1st copy for some reason this time??? I will probably get a new printer knowing this one has caused me enough grief and aggravation lately? although it has been a great printer until I got windows 8 and it apparently is too old for that?

Monica--have fun with your friends this weekend-it sounds like a great time! I would save calories for wine too! enjoy your weekend and don't look back!

I need to figure out what to cook for dinner tonite-seems I spend a big part of my time in the kitchen or figuring out what to cook! Bill is servicing my car tomorrow so I will be cleaning and doing general stuff

Michelle--what is up with you and Marcel for the weekend?

We are supposed to get SNOW Sunday, Monday and Tuesday--winter will not leave!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #460

What to make for dinner is always the question!!!! I hate it when the kids ask!!!

Sounds like good thinking on your printer!! They are so cheap n
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #461

Now it only makes sense to replace it. Let me know what you decide on the iPhones , you know I LOVE mine!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #462

Our area is supposed to get up to 12 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday. We almost backed out of our trip, then we decided, if its bad we will just stay another night in Tulsa. The forecasters are so often wrong we hated to cancel and then there Be no snow ! That would really stink.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-how is the weather--is it snowing yet????? we are still scheduled for 3-6 but Indy could get up to 12!!! yikes! so glad I am hunkered down at home!

Michelle--I am sharing that I totally blew my woe yesterday--big time and still again today-I am having stress and I eat! typical pattern--so I will need to get myself under control and I hope it is soon! Hope you are doing ok--I am thinking of you often and I know the days are hard--I miss you when you are not here but I understand if you don't feel like sharing--we all feel that way at times--just know we love you!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/192/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hello girls. Sorry to hear of all the bad weather heading your way. I hope it misses the both of you.

Jeanne---What stressed you out that lead to the off plan eating? Is there anything we could help with? I hear you about we better get back on track and soon. It's time we smarten up. Now how are we going to manage that?

Monica-- Hope you are having fun with your friends. Haven looks fantastic with the shorter hair. That girl is so pretty no matter what. I'm with you that the wigs should be free. I know my sister had to pay for hers after chemo and it was very expensive. I think she paid over $500.00 for each of her two wigs.

I am doing much better on the Sadie front. I know she is better off now. I will love and remember her always but I think most of the crying is over. She had a long good life and we had fun for as long as we could. I'm still stressing though. Some of it being Sadie, but most of it work related. That computer /printer fiasco cost a lot of money. And then a few critical orders went very wrong. I think we have them straightened out now, but the cost will eat away any profit we were going to make. So money is very very tight. Both Marcel and I are overly stressed right out, but we can't even go out to try and unwind for a little while. And then there is this eating problem and massive weight gain. It just seems like it is always something lately and this fricken snow won't go away!!!!!
Oh well I feel a little better just talking about it or should I say venting.

I think I'll hop into a warm shower now and try and relax. Jeanne I hope you feel better soon too.

Later ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle I am fine--just thinking about money issues also-it's funny that Bill is kinda the same way-we went ahead and bought two iphones with the special deal they are doing at walmart-taking out the new credit card and paying for them over time with no interest-but they are still very expensive! real expensive! we don't normally spend like that-we both spent the night awake! I usually have lots of nights like that-he never does-lol-but I spent two whole days eating off plan-well binging actually! so I am trying today to get back in gear-we actually will enjoy the phones I think-it will be really good for him-he is not technically able to do anything and this will bring him more ability -it already has-he is loving the talk feature where it does what you tell it to do! so I am good with it-now to get back to losing-I really need to focus on doing some exercise-I have been eating too much and I know it-but maybe I can pull it together--although today I am planning on Easter dinner and I will eat off plan then and not feel bad-I have always enjoyed family times and never regretted it-planning on making things they will enjoy and Saturday night Cassidy gets confirmed and after the mass we will be celebrating with cake and ice cream-another family celebration I won't regret-they don't come that often and I refuse to miss out...I just think life is too short and there are 350 plus days left that I can stick to my woe! so that is what I am doing today-back to the plan!

Monica-are you in snow? no snow here yet-it was in St.Louis when I looked earlier-headed our way but hoping we don't get too much!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-24-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #466

Michelle - computer problems SUCK, plain and simple. I am sorry you are stressing having to deal with it. That stinks. I wish there was something I could do to help! You come here, laugh/cry/complain as much as you want. That is what we are here for!!!!!!

Jeanne - Cassidy is getting confirmed Saturday that is AWESOME. T will get confirmed in November. It is truly a very special deal. How proud you must be of her. Confirmation is a huge time committment and means so much to the childs spiritual development. Way to go CASSIDY!!!!!!! I agree with you. LIFE is too short and live/love/laugh/enjoy family while you can! We only got 6 inches here. We left Tulsa at noon instead of 10:00 waiting for the snow to stop and roads to clear. There were only a few issues. We just took our time and were home well before 4:00 so we even got to watch KU win!!!!!!!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #467

Eating Friday and Saturday were really good and on plan. Yesterday, a bit high. Moving on as I enjoyed nibbling while watching the KU Game!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #468

T stated yesterday, What a lovely Winter this Spring has been!!! SO FREAKING TRUE!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

I have been trying to get on--my cursor wouldn't work-it finally decided to work after I closed and opened my computer a dozen times and played with it--weird-I have more troubles-buying cheap computers I guess? I hope this trend doesn't continue-I have major stress when I have no computer since I pay all my bills online!

Nice comment from T and so glad you guys didn't have major problems traveling! I was hoping you didn't.

I am hopefully back on plan today-have to hit it hard this week in preparation for this weekend-making some cute easter desserts I saw on qvc yesterday-will try to post-I think the grands will love them

http://www.qvc.com/SaltedCaramelChoc...s.content.html

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-25-2013 at 06:27 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #470

Jeanne - now that you have an Iphone, you have a computer in your hands at all times!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #471

Those are cute! Jeanne, everyone will love them!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

we haven't activated our phones yet-we have to wait until we get the credit card we applied for in the mail-THEN we activate and charge a month of time to straight talk-I am anxious to get it and get started-we have played with them and connected to the service here at home-so I guess you are right-I can do that!! just not make a call! I can always be connected after all! I forgot about that! will wonders never cease! I am thankful to never be cut off from you guys this way!! woohoo!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go on the Iphones Jeanne. So now I am the only one living in prehistoric times. I don't think we could ever afford something like that, but we are locked into our phone contract for the next 2 1/2 years anyway. Maybe then we'll have money for something like that. Your Easter treats look so yummy. Make an extra one for me please.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- Glad the trip went well with no incidents. I hear you and T on spring. This is just crazy weather. So what are your plans for Easter?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

My weekend was ok. I caught up on some needed sleep. It sure seems quiet around here. Ben is beginning to adjust to no Sadie. I guess we all are. I went to a 90th Birthday party for my uncle and met up with some cousins I hadn't seen in years. It was ok, but some of my cousins love to flaunt their successes, so that brought me down a bit. After that we went to supper at the inlaws in the old folks home. Nothing very exciting there. No big plans for Easter here. My SIL and BIL are in Montreal, Quebec this week with their youngest who is having surgery there. It is horrible I think that they had to go 3000 miles away from their home for this surgery. I'm sure someone here could do it, but apparently not. So they won't be here for Easter. I think we will just go to the old folks home and have Easter Sunday breakfast with the inlaws. What a boring life.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

And I am ready for a new challenge anytime you guys are. I guess Monday after Easter weekend is best. I'm still cheating quite a bit, but I'm sure by then i'll be all over feeling sorry for myself and ready to get on with the rest of my life.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

I will be ready for a challenge after Easter too--I am not succeeding too well either Michelle-and we wouldn't have been able to do the phones without the deal walmart is having with paying 25 dollars a month without interest on them-I can handle that --well-after Bill came home tonite-not sure-he isn't to go into work tomorrow-there is no work for the guys-all the guys are to stay home tomorrow-it is for one day so far that I know-they have never done this since he has been there so I am hoping it is not something that will continue? scares me! But he and I will be going to Evansville tomorrow since he is home-I needed to pick some things up that I can't locally and this will be my chance-so we will spend the day out--it is also my b-day--the big 64! getting closer and closer to Medicare! if they don't change it! so we will spend the day out with the hubs and of course we will eat out--he has already said he wants to go to the Chinese buffet that we went to the last time down there! so I think I might as well give up the ghost and plan on restarting also after Easter!

Michelle-I still am using the same flip phone I first got 10 years ago from Verizon--I never did upgrade-at least 10 years-maybe more-I am not good with changes-but already I am liking the iphone-it is going to be nice and Bill loves it--I was worried for him but I am thrilled he is doing well with it!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Well I will wish you a happy birthday today, because I just noticed the site will be down for maintenance tomorrow and I would hate not to wish my friend a HAPPY 64TH BITHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hopefully we will get to talk some time tomorrow .
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #479

OH Jeanne - I had no idea it was your birthday! Happy birthday indeed! I hope you have a fabulous day! Enjoy it with Bill and shop and have fun!

The site will be down tomorrow??? HOw will we survive????

Michelle - after Easter is fine with me! Going to the old folks home is awesome. Such a great thing for you to do for them. I know they all appreciate ANYONE getting visitors. I have a dear friend that turned 100 last summer. She has been in a nursing home for years. Since she went in I have tried writing her weekly. She can't speak on the phone as her hearing is BAD. It would be me screaming and her nodding and me still not knowing what she is thinking! Bless her heart. So instead, I write her! When we are there, we visit as long as we can.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends!! had a wonderful day with the hubs!! we both felt like it was a Saturday since it was so unusual for him to be home! we ran and ran--I could not find caramels anywhere-sold out everywhere I looked-I need them for the nests I am making for easter place settings! I finally found two small pkgs at dollar tree-I needed another ounce but it will have to do--everyone must be making something with caramels!!! we ate at the Chinese buffet and it was so good-Bill was going to try sushi but chickened out--I am afraid of it too!! I got a new skillet and a new controller for the tv in the kitchen or the bedroom-I have been taking the one back and forth-lazy me doesn't have to do that now--I told Bill the skillet is not a good present but I will take the controller and a great day out with the hubs! I also got a charger for my new iphone for the car in case I need it! or maybe the camper? I actually used my old charger the other day in the car so it is nice to have in an emergency!

Picked up a beautiful music box for Cassidy's confirmation at the Christian book store--had it engraved with her name and date-I hope she will love it and will remember it this way for always

Michelle-visiting the old folks home is wonderful-I am sure it will be an enjoyable time for all!

Monica-love that you have a young 100 year old friend-too too sweet! I understand the hearing issue all too well!

well-time to relax a little-Mom is needing some help tomorrow so I may be gone tomorrow also-will see how she feels in the morning-she hasn't been feeling like even having me there too much the last couple of days.

nite nite girls