Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It's FRIDAY ladies!!!!!!!!! TGIF!! I am feeling a bit better, no where close to 100%, but a lot better than the DRAG A$$ I felt yesterday! So things are looking up, right????

How are you all????
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #422

weather forecast has now changed for the weekend. COOL and rainy both days. YUCKFEST!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Same for here-rain both days-the hubs wants to stay home instead of going to the Home Show-dang! I really wanted to go-but I guess driving that far is not his cup of tea! maybe another time? he wants to get his purple martin houses cleaned up and put up-it's time for them to be back! and I want him to get the gravel out of my yard he put in it while he was pushing snow with the tractor blade-I will be mowing soon! I will probably work in my landscaping a little if the weather cooperates and we don't get a bunch of rain! I need to PREEN-already have lots of weeds I need to pull up! and it begins!

glad you are feeling better Monica!

I ate lowcarb all day yesterday but way too much lowcarb-I had the hungries! bigtime! so I hope today I can control my hunger better-hate getting out of ketosis! I made two cinnamon buns and had ice cream too-you would think all that sweetness would have taken care of me! nope! so I haven't gotten on the scale-maybe not for awhile also! lol!

better get busy-talk to you girls later--have a great one!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Wow Jeanne I can't believe you are so far into spring and ready to preen and mow. Lucky you. I fell you on the ketosis thing. I feel so much better when I'm in it. I'll be there again someday.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Monica. A couple more days and you'll be right as rain. Is this weather going to effect your St Paddy's Parade plans?

Sadie has gone back to not eating. I was so hopeful after the first day. So back to square one and what to do?????? It will be another agonizing weekend around here.

Take care ladies and I hope all your plans work out. Talk to you later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Don't feel bad Michelle-I finally ventured on the scale today--my day of eating wrong gave me a 5 lb gain and that is today-2 days after the fact and the 2nd day I have been back on plan-so I can gain 5-7lbs just by one day of not being good! scary but very true! you would think I wouldn't give up 5-7lbs for one day of pleasure-it is so very hard to get back off-I wasn't solid into the 160s and now I will have to work hard several weeks to get back there AGAIN! I didn't have to continue eating off plan that evening--that was a stupid choice!..

Michelle--I hope that you have a decent weekend-I know things are going to be stressful for you as long as Sadie is not doing well-I will continue to pray.. hugs my friend
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday girls-I tried to preen-no good-way too windy-the rain has held off so far-it's been a quiet day here-didn't get anything accomplished! duh! ran into Mom's and did a few things in her yard-picked up sticks and Bill dug up a voluntary tree that was bugging her! she is a perfectionist! I wish I was so perfect! I certainly didn't take after her in that department!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say, Sadie is in doggy heaven now. I made the decision this morning after spending a very long and sad night with her. She hadn't eaten in a while and was very weak and disoriented. She had not enjoyed anything in the last few days and I realized I was being selfish by keeping her here. She needed to go and be where there was no more pain and only warm, sunny skies. We will miss her tremendously and remember her always. I thought I would let you know. I know you were praying for us and I thank you for that. Your prayers were answered and an end has come to her suffering and now our family just needs time to heal. It was 17 wonderful years. I have to go for now and will check in later ladies.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

OH Michelle--I know your heart is hurting, and I understand the heartbreak-but you made the difficult decision that was right for Sadie--I know how hard it was--you are right-she is no longer hurting and is at peace and someday you will meet at the rainbow bridge once again--I hurt for you and the brave thing you had to do--take all the time you need before you come back to us--we have you in our hearts.. love always

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-17-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #429

Michelle I am so sorry to hear that Sadie is gone. You made the right decision, but that doesn't make it any easier! A loss of an animal/pet is truly a loss to the family! I pray your pain is short lived and that your other dog (sorry I can't remember the name) adjusts well too. Will you consider getting another one? So you and the other dog have someone new to focus on???

Our weekend went well. Friday night we went out to dinner with Marg (in town grandma) and then Haven and I went to a 31 party. Friday was WARM/SUNNY record high of 85*! It was amazing! Saturday morning we woke to GREY skies and cold/windy mess. It was 28* and with the wind chill, I have no clue how cold it was. Our plan was for Dennis and I to go to volleyball and have T walk home from work. Well, it was honestly too cold for that. So at the last minute, I went to volleyball and Dennis stayed home. He went to Walmart, cleaned the entire house with T's help (and a huge fight about it) and then took T to Archery. Our girls won the tournament and we were invited to a house to celebrate and watch the KU / KSU game. It was a fun tiring day!

Yesterday, THANK YOU LORD, Softball was cancelled. The rain/snow mix did it in. I was so happy! We went to church and then to the parade (thank you we won't have to do that again as the parade is always on St Pat's day and we will be working). Then we came home and made pizza. Aimee and T had fun, but it was rainy and cold. We then rented a movie and just hung out the rest of the evening. The kids are off school this week for Spring Break. I am sure they will enjoy their time off!

We have Dana coming in to take them places. She is the nanny / college student we hire for the summers too!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

I am still home too-decided to cancel out on traveling in the bad weather up to Indy this morning for 2 1/2 hours by myself--just didn't think it was worth the risk-I watched the forecast all week and then the weather refused to relent! I may make it up there next week if the dil and grands next door go up for the day--they still haven't seen the new house so I might catch a ride with them?

Monica--sounds like another busy weekend for you! I was busy but really accomplished little-yesterday we went out of town to Rural King, Lowes, and then Walmart--I bought three pots for my patio--going to plant some dwarf lemon, lime and orange trees in them--I kill everything I touch usually--mainly because I worry and either don't water enough or too much--so things die! I have NO live plants! but I want these little dwarf fruit trees on my patio so it remains to be seen if I can keep them alive-not sure when they will be shipped but their life is probably short!

Thinking of you Michelle
Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #431

Jeanne- if it helps, my Grandma said RARELY can you under water a plant because they will show you they are thirsty. It was her thoughts that OVER watering tends to be the bigger issue! HTH
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

well-I will keep that in mind! I think the worry is what kills my plants-that is why I have NONE in my house and haven't had for years--only artificial survive my nurturing! I was even swayed to buy this crazy little worm-with a face on it-that you stick into the dirt-if it is regular clay colored--supposedly--you need to water --if it is darker-like a clay pot looks when wet--don't water--duh! I bought plastic pots so I can't look at the outside of the pot!! I only bought one worm -I figure I was suckered for one--didn't need three!!! lol! this will be a learning experience for sure-I have this big patio and it needs something green out there! artificial? nah!

I have been doing laundry today and had to watch Nikki and Victor get married ONE MORE TIME on the Y & R! I knew I stayed home for a reason! something is going to happen-I haven't been watching but there is a guy at the ceremony and it seem ominous!!??? I am behind on the story!

Tomorrow I work in my office and start pulling the taxes together and straightening that room--it gets everything piled in there in a heartbeat!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #433

I haven't watched Y&R in years....like 15! I can't believe Nikki and Victor are still an item or getting married AGAIN!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

there is a soap channel-my dil watches it or DVRs it and watches it all the time-I heard them say it was for the last time but they flashed back to all their previous relationships/marriages--Nikki is still pretty but she was beautiful back then-I remember watching that when I was young--oh the years! I will have to watch tomorrow just to see what happens-but I can remember they would drag one day out for a week! I have high hopes of sticking my head in the books tomorrow!

later tater
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies. How's all your weather done there. We just received another foot of snow. It is crazy up here. They say we haven't had this much snow in a decade. I wish I was buying greenery for my porch. It would mean I have a porch and not a snow bank.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm not very good with plants. My inside ones aren't too bad, but I can't seem to grow much outside.

Well today was tough, but better than yesterday. I am eating so far off plan I am not willing to talk about it. But eventually I'll get back to it and regret all of this, but I have to do what I have to do or I'll just explode. So no weighing in for me for awhile.

I'll have to start thinking of doing our taxes soon too. I am going to try a software program this year instead of a paper and pencil form. I'm a little scared about that, but I'm sure they try to make it user friendly. We'll see.

Well off to do some more moping. Later ladies and thanks again for all your warm thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Each day will hopefully get easier--just try to focus on her good life with you--she had an exceptional long wonderful life and it was a testament to the care you provided.

My son next door has done his taxes online for years! I haven't ever been that brave but he does well without any issues! I have had my friends husband do them for us too long to quit now-I don't know what we will do when he retires! hopefully he will continue to do ours? hadn't thought about that-we are all getting older!

I did get weighed today-and upped my weight profile two more pounds -yikes-still trying to lose one day of eating off plan! so I have been back into the 170s all week! and the hubs just picked up another half dozen of lemon filled donuts-he eats one in the morning and one at nite--I could eat the whole darn box at one time!! how do people eat ONE and stop???? I never could-that is what got me where I was-that and eating in private! I really think its a brain chemical! well--I am not going off on another tangent tonite-I am watching a little tv and then heading to bed-I hope

Good to see you Michelle--things will get better--just take care of you right now! you have been under so much stress that you really need a little time without any stress at all!

cya tomorrow
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
there is a soap channel-my dil watches it or DVRs it and watches it all the time-I heard them say it was for the last time but they flashed back to all their previous relationships/marriages--Nikki is still pretty but she was beautiful back then-I remember watching that when I was young--oh the years! I will have to watch tomorrow just to see what happens-but I can remember they would drag one day out for a week! I have high hopes of sticking my head in the books tomorrow!

later tater
LET ME KNOW! I watched Y&R , As the World Turns and Guiding Light with Grandma for YEARS!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #438

Quote:
I could eat the whole darn box at one time!! how do people eat ONE and stop???
I have no clue! 1 cookie, 1 piece of cake, 1 piece of candy...NONE of that is in my realm of thinking!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #439

I had a good Monday. Calories were good. Controlled. Came in around 675c. Pretty good for me. It's Tuesday, one step better than Monday ladies!

Michelle sorry about all the snow. They are calling for 3+ inches here Thursday evening and more on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure we will be heading to Tulsa or not now. Hoping they are WRONG about this prediction.

Jeanne - Way to own the number. I meant to hop on the scale this morning and I forgot. OOPS

Easter is Next weekend! WOW. Any plans girls?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-we have DISH-the soap channel used to be called Soapnet-I will try to see if I can find it-or ask her would be easier! I need to get in my old office!

we are supposed to have cold temps down to 17 for a couple of nights-ouch-there goes my tulips and daffodils-never fails! Not sure if I am cooking for the kids next door or not-we haven't discussed Easter-I haven't even thought about it yet! Nate and Rachel are going to Chicago for Easter-I do know that much! I would be cooking for sure if they were coming home! I do plan on cooking a ham one way or another tho-I need to use on up that I have in the freezer so I might do an Easter dinner?

going to try a recipe for Butter chicken-it's an Indian recipe-have garam marsala spice-I have never used it before but ordered it just for this recipe-I hope its good-Love trying something new -will do it over riced cauliflower--here is the question-I have the vitamix now--thank you easy payments on QVC! and I have seen people put the cauliflower in there under water to rice it--do you know if that is cooked or raw when they do that?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Soapnet is on channel 253 if you have DISH-the dil can watch in 15 minutes I think she said since there are no commercials or she runs thru them? I have never had DVR-or she calls it HOPPER-so I know nothing about that-surprise! I think we are going to get iphones soon since walmart is having that sale where you pay for them monthly--I have no clue about a smart phone and texting-but I figure I can learn-time to move forward-I hope I can hear with it? I better after I take the plunge!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #442

OH Jeanne - you will LOVE your IPHONE! I know I do and as for the DVR, I cannot IMAGINE functioning in my life without one. When we got our DVR 5+ years ago, it changed the way I watched TV! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! We never ever watch commercials anymore! LOVE THAT!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't figure I needed a DVR since I was home? Technology is passing me by and I can't seem to stop it--I really need to reverse the years and go back and start over! I have been working on my taxes-and have an appt Thursday to take them-so tomorrow is another day to work on them plus I get to have lunch then with one of my besties-we always make sure we get to have lunch when I bring the taxes-gotta love that-she has been busy since the 1st of the year with tax stuff so we haven't had a chance to get together-a long lunch sounds wonderful--time to catch up!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning ladies--spent a good day in my office--will be back in there today and working on the taxes-will finish getting mine ready for my friends husband to do and will look at Mom's and start printing off what I need for hers--she never gets the things in the mail anymore-does anyone? I just usually have to find the forms on the internet-takes a little time-thank goodness my printer is behaving finally!

It is still winter here on the first day of spring-not going to warm up either anytime soon according to the weather this morning--I am ready! this is enough-they are talking about some snow this weekend!

any plans for the weekend for you guys? I need to do some baking--I think Bill is planning on servicing my car-not much else is going on here-same ole same ole!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #445

OH Jeanne - DVR's are the best. Once you set any program to record, it will always record if it is new. You truly NEVER miss anything AND you can forward through the commercials!

No forms are mailed out anymore (if you mean filing forms) they assume you can get them either at the library (are they even there anymore?) or online.

We are heading to Tulsa this weekend. Meeting up with my BFF and her family that live in TX. It is exactly 1/2 way 4 hours for us, 4 hours for them!

My car is getting serviced and tires rotated today too!!!!!!

Our taxes are already at the CPA's. I am an accountant, but with our businesses, there is NO way I can do our taxes. Way too many things that constantly change. PLUS I have ZERO desire to do taxes. Ours is a mess. If all we had were the kids and the house, no problem...but then there's our business. No thanks!

Haven is cutting off 10 inches of her hair tonight. She is donating it to Pantene (she has donated to Locks for Love 3 times so far in her life and lately I am not liking what I am hearing about L for L). Her hair will still be long so she is very excited!

That's about it for us. I woke this morning STARVING! Hate when DD's start like that. I made brocc/zucc stirfry with 1 egg. 90c One of these days I will get sick just thinking of stir fry brocc.....so far, I have not OD'd on it!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Nice weekend for you--great time ahead with your friend-hope the weather is good for you! neat thing Haven is doing with her hair-I have never heard about Pantene doing the hair donation thing! love things like that! sweet thing for Haven to do-love that kid!

still not doing taxes yet-but finishing up my coffee-getting caffeined up!!! I don't blame you for not doing the taxes--things change on a yearly basis! how would you keep us with those changes!! yikes-I dread even having ours done! the outcome I mean-hopefully it won't be too bad-we really don't have any deductions anymore!

I have been reading on one of those threads that people are using glucomannan-seems like a lot of people on JUDDD are using it for their woe simply because you can fill up with it-for nothing in calories-making noodles and dumplings and such? good luck on your down day! you will make it-your stirfry sounds good to me!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Haven is such a giving girl. You and your whole family are so nice and giving. What have you been hearing about L for L that you don't like?
I hope you enjoy your time with your BFF.

Jeanne--- How's all the tax prep going? Did you ever get plants for the porch?

We are having huge trouble with our work computer so I had to bring my laptop to work so we could bring that one in to get fixed. But it turns out this laptop is not compatible with the printer.It is nerve racking that we could only afford one computer for work and now we are so helpless without it.So I don't have easy access to a computer right now. Work has to come before play I'm afraid. Hopefully they will have that computer fixed tomorrow.The repair place is not very convinced they can fix it back to the way it was. I really could use some normalcy soon. When am I going to catch a break?

Oh well. Keep warm and dry and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-ouch about computer issues--hate that-and feel isolated here at home when that happens! hope you get it all taken care of soon! I won't be getting outside flowers for along time yet-several weeks before the possibility of frost is over--we had outside temps of 16 last nite and will happen again tonite--my tulips and daffodils always seem to get the wrath every year when this happens! so we wait until that happens-I didn't even do much outside last year--I ordered some perennials for one bed that I hope will eliminate having to plant every year-and then one bed I do begonias because it is mostly shaded-that will come much later-I am trying to cut down as much as I can!

looking forward to lunch with my friend today!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #449

Jeanne - I read a lot about glucomannan but have never tried it. I believe it is a thickener, correct? I tend to not try things forever!!!!!!!! We are supposed to get snow today and a bunch more on Saturday! It's spring, right???????

Michelle - computer issues are the WORST! Hate it when there are problems! I feel your pain girl. Do what is necessary !!!

Locks for Love doesn't DONATE their wigs. They sell them. I do believe they are at a reduced cost, but they are still sold. Pantene donates it all. Naturally, they have a large company that allows them to do this, but I want cancer patients to get a wig free from Haven's hair, not to pay for it. Does that make sense???
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #450

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

Last edited by zipp2play; 03-21-2013 at 07:11 AM..