Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/170.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
you DO look great as you are silly woman-I have always thought you were silly to lose anymore! especially with your height! I would give anything to be your height! I am short 5'4" so I really need to be taller so I could weigh more! I am just not fat-I am undertall! yeah for you owning your number--it's only a number!

Dennis is such a sweetie! gotta love that man! he is a keeper for sure! I will have to get the hunger games series of books one of these days-I wish I didn't have to pay a yearly stipend for our library--I refuse to do btw-we pay this huge hunk of our taxes yearly and I refuse to pay 52 dollars a year to use the public library! makes me furious! so I don't go! I keep thinking about using amazon's prime but I don't have a kindle -so one of these days!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good morning Jeanne and Monica. Aren't we a fine bunch. Monica you are beautiful and I would agree with Jeanne and Dennis that you are perfect at the weight you are now. All your pictures you post show you looking magnificent. So stop thinking less of yourself!

Jeanne---You may have gained a little with all the baking you have been doing, but obviously you needed a little something to get you by and you stuck to low carb. So instead of gaining a whole lot you just gained a tiny bit. That's a good thing. I however did not stick to low carb goodies and now I have hit the 190s. My highest weight since 2008. I am ashamed, embarrassed, and disgusted in myself. And even though I am all of those things I could still wolf down a box of donuts. I am doomed. 260 lbs here I come.

Sadie is still doing poorly. We discussed putting her down yesterday, but neither one of us want to make that call. When she feels good she still plays and kisses, but then a moment later she is disoriented and standing in a corner, just staring. She is barely eating now and still has diarhea. Secretly I wish she would take a nap and just let herself go to the light. But these thoughts are what are making me binge. Something has to change!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne I don't blame you. I wouldn't do it either! You tell me when you are ready to read the hunger games. I have a full set of paperback copies and a full set of hard back copies....oh AND a full set of digital on my Nook. Was I a little crazed by it? YES! You say the word and I will mail them to you. Only issue is, when you are done, you will need to mail them back! Public library should be FREE. That being said, our public FREE education costs me approximately $250+ a year in "fees" we have to pay for our children's FREE education!

Michelle - I know it is a hard decision. I have put 2 dogs down in my lifetime. BOth were awful to do. You will know when it is right. Maybe call your vet and ask some quesitons??? My prayers are with you girl.

You are both too kind. I have a GUT! Plain and simple. In the 160's I would feel better about myself! I look "fine" but I don't feel "fine". Does that make sense?????

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
But these thoughts are what are making me binge. Something has to change!
focus on your and Sadie right now. FOOD can't always consume our every thought! I keep telling myself that!!!!!!!! I know it is true. FOCUS on YOU right now girl!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you will know when it is time-My Sydney was in pain and I couldn't let her suffer anymore-when Sadie has more rough days than good --then it is time-her quality of life is the key-it is a horrible decision but it is not for you but for her that you have to remember...it will never be time for you or Marcel...wish I could take the pain of losing her away for you...

Monica-thanks for the offer of the books-I will take you up on it some day-I have to get a lot of things done around here first-if I have books to read-nothing gets done!

Michelle-you will get back on track soon-your priorities are Sadie right now-and that is where your heart is-we all would be the same! please relax and give yourself a break!

just got back from the grocery run-the weather is still ok-the wintry mix hasn't arrived! whew-will watch the noon news and see if the forecasters are right-my Mom has gotten calls from her sisters-one in Texas and the other is SC and they both saw the news saying we have bad weather--Nothing yet!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Good news--the endo's office just called--my lab work is good--finally!! no change in my Synthroid-after decreasing it 4 times this past year I get to stay the course! I really have been dreading the call thinking she was going to decrease it again and I would have even more trouble losing the weight! I am so glad to stay with this dose and maybe I can at least stabilize and get it-my metabolism-working again?? the thyroglobulin was also good-meaning no sign of recurrence of cancer too! I am good for another year! hopefully I will have some weight off by the time I see all my docs next year!

Monica-you couldn't have the GUT I have--it is bad after being as big as I was and then losing weight after being old--the skin doesn't shrink-I have major belly issues--I also have a big hernia --from an old surgery that needs repairing-I have always said I would want a tummy tuck and a hernia repair once I lost weight-I still do-but that hasn't happened! so I have double tummy issues-you have no idea! clothes don't even conceal it!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeannie - glad the weather is still good for you! I just talked to a friend/business associate in Iowa, they are getting hammered with snow right now. Only 8 inches which is nothing for them...and yet, no school. It's good for the kids at least!

Thrilled to hear about your thyroid. It was good news all around from your DR's visit! That is great!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

and the snow has arrived-big fluffy beautiful snow-really have to love it when it is like that-how could you not? it is a white out of the beautiful snow globe type of snow! we weren't supposed to get any more than 3 inches so I don't think it is any blizzard--just enough to make the world white outside--if I only had a wood fireplace-I would have it lit and roaring! Mom called and said she heard there is another bad front behind this one-I haven't heard that--I told her I had a friend in Kansas who gets the weather first and keeps me updated on what is headed here! lol--you are my first warning weather forecast Monica!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #369
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - now that is funny! Yesterday was Sunny and 50* here, today, although windy, it is still sunny, but 39*! I guess, looking outside, it is a little cloudy! No more snow and we haven't had any rain either!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow-the schools are delayed 2 hours--I thought I would get a call to take the grands but it never came--the son is probably not calling because he promised to come and help with my computer a MONTH ago and he never materialized!! I finally got my printer to work myself! dang kids never get better sometimes with age-lol!! I will remind him when he needs me-!! which he will sooner that I will need him!

Michelle--how is Sadie today-and you my friend? both of you are on my heart! praying for you to have peace with the decision that is coming..

well--I am going to bake today-not sure what yet-but I feel the need-apparently my weight didn't hit me too hard-I am still eating right so I am going to bake! I do need to get some laundry done and some bills paid-so I better be moving--I am so ready for spring! I loved watching the snow fall yesterday but I don't like seeing it on the ground today! I want green! my tulips and daffodils were breaking thru the ground-that is a good sign!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - look at you figuring out your printer on your own! You don't need HIS help! You got it all under control! 3 inches of snow is nice, look pretty but isn't horrible to manage around! I hear you on SPring! I am ready too and I LOVE Winter!

Only a week and a 1/2 of volleyball remains! I think I am ready for that to be done. Haven is very sad it is ending. She was their rookie player as all the other girls had played volleyball before. I am not sure she will make the team next year. I promised Haven I would look into a clinic/camp through KU to see if she can get some extra help there. Softball will be in full swing as soon as volleyball ends. Actually, her last volleyball tournament is the same day as her first softball tournament. I had told the softball coach her schedule so I informed them she won't be doing both. She will miss softball!

T spoke with the vet yesterday and they are adding some hours to his schedule. Spring break is starting soon so he wanted to get in a little more time. Yesterday was dental day there so T was able to get the dogs under so that the VET could clean their teeth. THen he helped them through recovery. HE LOVED IT! it's great to see him enjoying it so much.

Food was really good for me yesterday. Right at 550c. That's pretty low for me. TOmorrow I head to California so I am sure rotations will be tossed out the window! I haven't seen the Nebraska girl in over a year and my friend from TX, I haven't seen since July! It will be good to get in some GIRL TIME!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - let us know about Sadie, you are all in my thoughts!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne ! Congratulations on the great lab work. That sure must take a load off your mind. You should bake something just to celebrate your good health! Living with a past cancer issue must be very difficult. You are a very brave woman and strong. We have a new patch of snow here too. In some places 40cm or about 20". Spring is never coming around here

Monica--Have a great girls weekend. I want you to live it up and have a glass of wine for me.(Even though I don't drink)Have a lot of fun, you deserve it withall the work and volunteering and activities you do. While you are sunning yourself sipping a cool beverage under a palm tree just think of me in my parka standing in my front yard with snow up to my boobs and say "I'm so glad to be here and not in that frozen wasteland, life is good"
Oh well enough of my self pity. Have a super duper good time.

Sadie had a fantastic day yesterday but backed it up with a night of getting up every hour and having diarrhea. You have no idea how tired I am. I fall asleep all the time now. I feel asleep standing in front of the microwave waiting for my coffee to be ready last evening.

Well off to do something....if only I could remember what! LOL
Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

good to hear about Sadie--not good about the diarrhea-I would imagine the doggie diapers would distress her? just a thought? sorry about your tiredness too--stress is a terrible thing-try to relax when you can-easy enough for me to say right? smack me!

Monica-good for T getting in extra hours at the vet-sounds like a neat veterinary service place too--I wish our vet did things like that! they don't offer teeth cleaning at all!! services around here are scarce-I dread it when my animals get sick-we have minimal services-it they need surgery-look out-when Syndey needed her ACL worked on we finally found a service 2 hours away and 3000 dollars--unheard in a big city-it would have been half that! it was a little burg and they knew they could ask anything because nobody did this type of surgery anywhere close!

How long are you going to be gone Monica? have a great time-it sounds like a great time-being with girlfriends is a fun time like no other--the last time my friends and I did that was 2007 when we all went to Destin FL--there was 7 of us and we still talk about doing it again--we just haven't all been able to go at the same time! we had a ball!

I need to get back to work-paid a couple of bills but more waiting!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #375
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle you are too funny!! I can't even imagine snow up to my BOOBS!!!! What a site it is I am sure. Glad Sadie had a good day, stinks about the night though. I am sure you are beyond exhausted. You are very good to your fur-babies! I will toast a glass up in your honor. Someone in our CREW needs to! Just call me the LUSH of the group!

Jeanne - I leave Thursday afternoon and return home Sunday Afternoon. It's a quick trip, I truly wish I had set up my flight to head out earlier tomorrow instead of 4:30, oh well, tomorrow I gain 2 hours, Sunday I lose 3 (with the time change and Springing forward). Sunday will be a short/quick day for me. GET a trip planned with your Girl Friends!! You deserve it girl. Great way to reset the ole body and mind!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

we actually have been trying the last 3 years to get back together again-someone or several have been unable to make it--and we hate to do it without all of us--it was a memorable time the 1st time--so we keep trying until all are able to do it--it will happen again--have a great time on your trip--no sleep-but great memories--I will see if I can find some pics from our trip!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

KEEP pushing them to set it up! Throw out a date and PUSH everyone to commit! I would love to see pictures!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm off to San Diego today! I will try to check in while there...no guarantee's though! Have a great weekend girls!!!!!!! I will miss you
Old 03-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope all is well for you TWO!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--have a great time with the friends--we will miss you terribly--don't worry about trying to check in--I know you will be having too much fun to worry about it! will see you when you get back with all the great details--have oodles of fun!!!

Catching up here at home-didn't sleep last nite-so my butt is dragging again! I get one or two good nites and then I don't sleep!

How are you doing Michelle?

Tomorrow I have a lot planned--errands and getting my driving license renewed! hopefully I can get it all done and back home before too much of the day is gone-I hate being gone all day! I have to make a list to remember everything-is that terrible? I forget stuff if I don't!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

I need lists for EVERTHING! Heck and if I ever lost my phone, I would have NO CLUE as to what all we have going on because now I enter everything into my calendar!!!!!!

Sorry you didn't sleep well! Dennis renewed his license on Wednesday AND got T his conditional permit and then, last night, coming home from Church, I let him drive!!!!!!!! OH MY!!! He actually did very well!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

you are a brave woman letting T drive--I am not too worried about Cassidy driving in our area since we are so rural--we only have about 10,000 people here-hopefully we will grow since we have I69 now! but she has a Yukon to practice with-I would hate trying to park that big thing! good for T being so good already-he has a good head on his shoulders for his age--I am a proud Auntie!!

making a quiche and frying bacon in the oven for the first time-I have heard about it for years but old habits die hard--this has to be better than spatters all over the kitchen! I am so stocked up on eggs I better be making lots of egg things!! I have 8 dozen in the frig--I don't think I have ever had that many at one time! time to bake!

Michelle--hope things are ok with you-wondering about you and Sadie?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I'm so late checking in. Just been one of those days. I was able to get some medicine for Sadie yesterday for her diarrhea. If it's just some sort of bug it should do the job. But if it is cancer, which they suspect, it won't really help. She has had 4 doses now and she hasn't had a bm. I don't know if this plugged her up or it's doing its job. Right now I'll take it no matter what. She is eating pretty good and certainly drinking well. Her accupuncture/chiropractor appointmet is on Tuesday. I hope she makes it til then and then I hope the treatment helps her out a bit. Fingers crossed.

How come you are so overstocked on eggs? What you going to do with all of them? How did your bacon turn out? I love cooking mine in the oven.

Sorry to be on here so little, but I'm beat. I need to go nap now. Talk to you tomorrow Jeannr. Have a good night and sleep tight.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

so glad the medicine is working for Sadie-I know that is a relief for you--will keep praying this is what she needed and will bring her some relief for a good long while--you too! get some rest!

I got eggs when at Aldi's when I was at Evansville with my doc appt-they were cheap! then the store here locally had them on sale--much better eggs-so I bought another 4 dozen-they will keep-I do use a lot of them-and will make sure I use them up-I used 6 last nite in our quiche and the hubs likes quiche-so I will use them -I eat eggs frequently for lunch-on tortillas-I just seem to go through a lot of eggs! plus I have been baking more and that uses several!

the bacon turned out really well--why haven't I don't that before? I will be doing that from now on--no more splatters all over my kitchen--and I just threw away the foil! easy peasy! I guess you can teach an old dog!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

So how are things going today Jeanne? What's on the dinner menu tonight? Or for the rest of the weekend for that matter? Here it will be hamburgers with sauted mushrooms and roasted peppers. I'm hoping to stay on the wagon for the weekend but it will be hard. I am so stressed out.
Tomorrow's weighing will officially put me in the 190s and that is going to depress me to no end.
Did you get your licence renewed? How were all the errands?
I hope Monica is having a great time. She is always so busy. She needs this break.
Well time to start dinner. Have a great night.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

So good to hear from you Michelle--you and Sadie are always on my mind! the errands were the pits-! spent over an hour in the license branch-they are only open 3 days a week and it's crazy there! I thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad since it isn't the 15th or the end of the month-I was wrong! my new picture is horrendous-I look like I am 90 and sooooo old-I was told not to wear my glasses since I didn't have to wear them to do the vision test-but my last license I had them on! this shows the bags under my eyes big time--I hate it--and will hate for the next 6 years apparently! grrrr! I am not vain but this is a bad one!

went to the grocery to pick up some sales and they were out-so went back later tonite-still out of some of them--hate that too-then I went to walmart to pick up some stacking baskets that I thought I could use in my freezer to straighten it up--they didn't work so I ended up taking them back! just a day of stuff that didn't work.

I had leftovers tonite--the quiche I had made yesterday--tomorrow I am making ribs again-I haven't had them since the last time so I am looking forward to making a big pan of them..it is supposed to be almost 60 tomorrow-it will be a good day to get some things done around here since we are staying home instead of going to the antique/flea market thing-we will try to go to the bigger one in a month instead..

I too hope Monica is enjoying her time away-I agree she needs it with her schedule!

time to relax for me--have a great weekend Michelle--and quit worrying about the weigh in--it's just a number-and we are all in this together and we will work on it until we get it right-just deal with Sadie for now and get that stressor under control--one thing at a time my friend--life is too short... hugs

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-08-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #388
Big Yapper!!!!

All is well in San Diego! Yesterday was chilly with off/on rain showers. It is still amazing to be right by the ocean. Our Balcony has an amazing view and last night we had an early dinner, since we missed lunch, and it was a place right on the beach. We got to watch the sun set in their enclosed-ish patio area. It was perfect. But eating early led to me falling asleep before 9:00am, so here I am awake at 4:45 CA time! it's ok because we have our balcony door open and I can listen to the waves. Love that!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne sorry you had a frustrating errands day. I hate days like that!!! You quiche sounds wonderful . Is it Gluten free? If so , care to share the recipe?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - I'm glad to hear Sadie is responding to meds. I pray that it was just some bug she had. Please update us when you can. Chin up on the scale! If it makes you feel better , after this weekend , I won't be weighing for a week or so