Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Thinking of you JEANNE today. I said a little prayer for you and for the buses on my way to work this morning! STAY SAFE GIRL!!!!!!!!

It's Wednesday! Bring on the weekend!! Is it too early to say that???

I had a good up day yesterday. Made brownies and ate several, but then ate less pizza to compensate. Long ago, I wouldn't have done that! Hoping for a stellar DD today. Goal under 600c. So far, I'm not horribly hungry, which is odd for me. I almost always wake up TUMMY GROWLING STARVED!

Today is T's first day back at school since surgery. With the snow days and his field trip, he is just now getting back! I think he is excited to see everyone and GET OUT of the HOUSE! Poor guy, is still in shorts. Thankfully it is 30* he might freeze at the bus stop! Jeans still rub his incision marks too much!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #332

SHould we exchange cell phone numbers? I think I would like to chat with you girls! Would that bother either of you???
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
we made it! it was a good day except for on the way home--we ran into a blizzard of snow-it scared us both I think-just when we crossed the river-the snow happened and the ground was covered on the road and the countryside! it was weird but a few miles later it was clear again! we were thankful! we got home about 6pm-I made sure I hit all the stores I wanted-Mom stayed in the car the last couple of stores-I was beat when I got home so I know she was-I had to pull her up into her house-poor baby-I brought in all her stuff-and put away-she went to bed early as I did-I never go to bed by nine but I was ready! had my blood drawn at the hospital where the doc is so I should hear in day or two whether my synthroid needs changing or not--I sure hope it doesn't need to go down AGAIN!! I told her I am cold all the time now--she is not spending hardly anytime lately when I see her--not a good thing..she did say synthroid needs are less as we age--when I asked her why mine had decreased from 250 to 150 now! she actually doesn't look well herself-she has cut back on patients and days working-I am glad to still be seen I guess-she quit taking Mom as a patient several years ago!

well--today is a day of rest-I get my hair cut tomorrow-they are calling for more flurries! always when I travel-its only twenty minutes but it never fails!

Monica--I don't mind sharing my cell phone at all--I will pm you-have you seen the walmart ad with them advertising iphone 5's? if you get a walmart credit card and go with straight talk you can charge your phone for 26 months and pay it off without interest charge-I really don't want another card but I am thinking about it ---I have an OLD flip phone-probably 15 years old-so you know how behind the times I am-not sure I could figure out a smartphone-Bill either-we are not technical-he is worse than I am--he doesn't even do a computer! but my son Nate and Rachel- switched to straight talk-they are enjoying it so far-they said it saves money and now Bills son and his family are talking about moving to straight talk and buying new iphones-they already have iphones-but they can't use them or transfer them--ouch! it's a thought-I figured some day I would make that move-but now maybe is the time? still on the fence-not sure I can hear with my hearing aides with one? and not sure one is sturdy enough for Bill-he is very hard on a phone since he works on heavy equipment and is out in the elements-he needs a heavy-duty phone!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #334

Jeanne - as I stated in my PM, I could NOT function without my Iphone. I LOVE IT DEARLY! Iphone's are pretty easy to use. If I don't know how to do something, I ask T. You could ask your granddaughter, I am sure she knows all about it too!

How strange the "blizzard" you ran into! FREAKISH! I am sure it happens a lot. Bands of snow like pockets where it just dumps wherever it happens to be!

We were at the Walgreens clinic AGAIN last night. Well, Dennis and Haven were. Haven has a bladder infection. We are generally HEALTHY people. 2013 has NOT been kind to my children! I pray that this all ends soon. Thankfully it is easy enough to fix.

We had a truck go missing at work yesterday. (I'm in the trucking industry) It was a guy that has drove for us for as long as I can remember (and we have been in business 15 years). Dennis did some investigating and was able to locate the truck at the mine in CO. Not a good sign that it had been there for almost 24+ hours with no movement or signs of life. Dennis spoke to the security guard at the facility and asked him to go check on things. Security guard called back in 30 minutes and said, Doors are locked and I can't get a response, at this point, I am not moving forward I am calling the Sheriff! At 7:00 last night, I got the call, Sheriff and Coroner were there. Driver was found dead. Appears that he had a heart attack, most likely in his sleep. He probably wasn't aware of any of it. Man was in his upper 50's. Has a wife and 2 children (in their 20's). Really a sad way to go. By yourself and then, no one even looks for you for almost 24 hours. Poor guy!

Last edited by zipp2play; 02-28-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #335

T was up late last night studying. He has 3 tests today and 1 tomorrow. With his days off for surgery and the snow days, he was BURRIED in a mound of homework and studies!

Yesterday was a good DD. I did eat a small brownie so calories were 750 instead of 600c. I counted it and I stopped at ONE. I think that's a victory! Moving forward with my Up day today!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #336

Plans this weekend girls???
Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

wow-so sad about the driver!! glad you found him sooner instead of later-but still really sad-it's surprising his family didn't contact him and notify you they couldn't reach him? too too sad

I am sure T is cramming for those tests--I imagine it is hard to make up a lot of lost time? he will do well I am sure! he has good genes!

good for you on the good down day--eating just one brownie--woohoo--I think that is a big accomplishment--I really want to pig out and eat a box of something-like donuts!

no plans for the weekend--just kicking back-seems I have been busy since last weekend so I am ready for a quiet weekend!

I want to do some baking I think this weekend--something sweet of course for me! Bill has cookies and donuts already here tempting me so I better be making something legal!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica-- That driver story is amazing and so sad. I would guess you know where the trucks are because of GPS? In the olden days it must have been so hard to find out anything about a missing truck. In most cases technology is a good thing. I just can't get a handle on it.
How is Tristan doing with catch up? How is he doing recovery wise?
How's Haven doing? It dowes seem like they are going through an awful lot lately. I pray that this is the end of their bad health this year.
You seem to be doing well lately staying on track. A big pat on the back for you!

Jeanne-- That freak blizzard does sound scary. I'm so happy you made it through. Have you recovered from all your errands? It's amazing how we tire more easily as we get older. What will you be baking? I baked some low carb cookies yesterday because Marcel wanted me to make maple bacon cupcakes. So I thought I would make myself something so that I wouldn't be tempted by his treat. Sadly my cookies were not very good, but even more sad is the fact I ate them all in one sitting even though they were plain and dry. AHHHHHH. When will I grow up!

No plans for the weekend here. Hopefully I'll think of something to do to end this boredom.
Later ladies time for dinner.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #339

I did baking this week, so NO MORE BAKING for me for a while. Yesterday's up day, was definitely UP! Brownies are almost gone. I individually wrapped the remaining 2 for my children to eat tonight! PMS is this week (I have the pimples and chocolate cravings to prove it). I don't have TOM anymore, but I still have PMS! Plans for Clean eating this weekend!

Michelle, Jim, the driver, owned his own truck. Those that own their own trucks typically do NOT have GPS. Dennis tracked him down through another driver and then figuring he must have made is XX far. Thankfully he did. If not, it may have taken weeks to find him. T did well on his tests and I think, for the most part, is completely caught up. He is a straight A student so getting behind really took it's toll on him. Haven has no symptoms now of the infection. THANK YOU GOD for antibiotics! What did you have for dinner last night???

Jeanne - did you rest up yesterday? When my Grandma was alive my Mom would do DR/Shopping days with her just as you described. Drop her off right at the door, park and come meet up with her. My Grandma lived to 92 I believe. Until the very end, she was actually pretty mobile. She was even the person at her church to deliver to the shut ins. I used to laugh about that. The 90+ year old being driven around by my MOM to visit shut ins! No one younger could take that on??? I was very close to both of my Grandmother's! Miss them both often. My Dad's Mom died when I was a freshman in college. My parents didn't want to tell me that over the phone so they drove down specifically to tell me on a Sunday. It was finals week so I had to quickly arrange to take all my finals that Monday so I could head home for her funeral. She obviously died before meeting my children. My Mom's Mom lived until both my kids were born. I have 100's of pictures of her with both of them. They are still up at my house. Wonderful ladies both of them. OK, I guess I got off on a story! Anyway, My point was my Mom would run herself TIRED when she took my Grandma around too!

I'm chatty today! Sorry girls!

This weekend we are actually NOT busy! Tonight I think we will watch a movie with the kids. Tomorrow Dennis and I have massage appointments (our gift certs expire soon so we HAD to get them scheduled). Tomorrow night T starts his indoor archery thing again. Sunday we will do SS/church then I think T and Aimee plan to do their Valentine's Date! I think they will do a movie after church, then go to church youth group, then out to dinner. That's it! Oh I will clean house and laundry, standard stuff. OH and Grocery shopping! I hope to be motivated when I get home from work today to get my part of the house work done tonight. Then I don't have to worry about it the rest of the weekend!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies--I have a hair appt today then maybe Walmart--how is it I still have to go to walmart after shopping this week? anyway-I did rest yesterday--I had two wonderful nites of sleep too--that is rare for me! really rare! I hope to continue that trend!

Monica-it sounds like a busy weekend when you don't think it's busy-lol! I am going to try and crochet this weekend-I am going to have to review some youtube videos or something to refresh my memory of the stitches I need-I hope it comes back to me--I have a pattern for a infinity scarf I want to make for my dil for her birthday-which was in February--I am running late-she knows about it-just didn't get it done!

glad T made up all his tests-and that the date with Aimee is happening! so cute!

Michelle--you are like me in so many ways--I am looking foreward to boring! I relish boring-after spending the day with two grands last weekend--the hubs and I both were ready for quiet! we love them but we are too set in our ways-which is quiet! and boring! and after Nate and Rachel have the new one--we can see ourselves visiting them more often to help them from having to drag all their equipment down here--it is a real production when they come down-they drag in a lot of stuff for a weekend-I can imagine what it will take with a new baby--it will be a whole lot simpler for us to go up than it will be for them to come down! speaking of the new baby--I got an invitation to share in the first ultrasound--I actually got an email yesterday from Rachel-inviting me to come if I wanted to--I was shocked--so I said yes of course--I am not closing any doors to this girl if she opens any--she has not been real open -not like Kim--so maybe it will gradually improve? I hope so--she is just hard to get to know!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #341

OH Jeanne how exciting! I am so happy Rachel wants you there! That is GREAT! How exciting and fun for you all! I am sure my parents felt the same way when our kids were little and we visited. THe VAN was typically packed to the TOP with CRAP we felt we simply had to bring! Especially for Christmas!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

I am looking forward to it--Rachel is a little different-she even feels she is the odd man out among her sisters and that her mom favored the other girls more than her--she really doesn't get along with her mom at all and puts her down all the time--it is really odd because the few times I have been around Rachels mother and her sisters I have REALLY liked them--they are so much more personable than Rachel has ever been! very easy to talk and laugh with--I could have a super good time with them--I just haven't been able to get Rachel to relax and break loose around me--she is very uptight--and when Nate comes home with her-he is different-and when he comes home without her--he is the old Nate-totally relaxed and at ease.. so I think he picks up on her discomfort-I wish it was different-I keep trying but don't know what to do to make it better ???

made some biscuits this afternoon-I didn't have any unflavored whey protein powder-never have had any--but made them any way--I am planning on a sausage and egg biscuit in the morning!

I finally finished off those lemon fat bombs--I won't be making those again-tomorrow I will have to make some chocolate fat bombs-I have forgotten what I did the last time now--I should have written the recipe down-I bought some sunflower seeds to put in them this time--I think that will be good? give it some crunch

Monica-I like it when you are chatty--makes me feel better when I go off on my flight of ideas-which is often it seems!!

Michelle--bake something legal girl!!! you need to have something legal to eat when those man cookies are calling your name--believe me I know!!! can you get Russel Stover candies up there? I keep them for emergencies!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies....I like it when the both of you are chatty. It makes me feel part of something. I have no friends here and as you know I barely have any family (my brother 2000 miles away) so I count on you guys to be my friends and family. So chat away, I miss it when anyone of you are gone for a day and anxiously await your return.

Sadie is having a very bad day and I fear the end is near. I am ready for it, but the saddness of it all is over taking me. I just wish if it is her time to go, she would just go. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh. She has good moments where she tries to play with Ben and then she is so confused and unable to move. If she wouldn't have those good moments I know what I would have to do, but then out of the blue she is eating and playing carefully and giving kisses and then I say I can't put her down now. I am so stressed. I don't know what to do.
Speaking of Sadie I better get back to her. I'll check in later, but I know it's the weekend and sometimes you could hear crickets in here on the weekends, but we'll see.

Take care friends!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-so very sorry to hear about Sadie--I know you will know when it is time--I had to leave the house when we put Sydney down-the vet came to our home-I couldn't stand to be there-it broke my heart so I know you are heart broken-it takes a long time to heal-sometimes you don't heal from a very special dog-I still have Sydney's picture on my phone and some of her markings on my door frames I refuse to clean off--crazy I know! it hurts so badly but she has brought you much joy and she has had a wonderful life with you-focus on the good things--hugs
Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-just checking to see how Sadie is today?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

She is a little better this morning. She woke up and wanted to eat. She has not eaten in 2 days. So I think eating is a good sign, but on the other she has had diahrea for a week so I'm sure eating today is going to produce some bad results for my carpets.
Thanks for checking in for me. You are so sweet.
Any plans for today?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yah I weighed in and gained 1.6 lbs this week. Nothing like getting kicked when you're down!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-just take care of Sadie--she is your big concern right now-concentrating on your baby! so glad she seems to be better today!I understand the stress of that! I tried to make some crackers with the Josephs lavash but I ended up burning most of them--I wasn't too thrilled with the end product anyway-just trying to come up with more things I can stash away for me to eat --I did have my sausage mcmuffin today and enjoyed it tremendously! so I will keep making the muffins.

not doing much else of anything-the man is under foot watching the tube! I can't get anything done with him in the midst -I did rearrange my baking pans--that makes finding what I have much easier-stood most of my pans on their sides with a rack I bought-much easier to see and find now!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Well as I thought, Sadie's eating lead to a night of diarhea. She still seems to be doing ok now except for the diarhea. She even played a little bit last night. Let's see what today brings.

As for me the stress became unbearable and while grocery shopping bad food choices made it into the basket. Then another poor dinner decision to eat at Wendy's and I ate the bun and fries. I feel horrible now both mentally and physically but that will not make the damage of 2 dozen cookies go away.AHHHHHHHHHH I am so mad at myself. And just so damn tired!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-don't beat yourself up about the stress eating--we all do it--I especially do it-for any occasion! so just take care of Sadie and know that life intervenes and we make choices for those times--and that is ok when it happens--life happens and this food choices just don't make it to the top of the important list and they really shouldn't! there are so many more things that are important to us that matter in our lives--sweet furbabies for example! so please give yourself some leeway--I would be right there eating with you--trust me-I put my babies at the top of the list when they are ill! we have the rest of our lives to work on this food thing--Sadie needs you now-and whatever comfort you need to bring her comfort is what you need to do! love you!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #351

Michelle - How is Sadie today? If she has enough diahrea she could easily become dehydrated. Watch for that girl. That is what always happens to Jessie. I am so sorry you are going through this. I know the stress well. Update us when you can. The SCALE is a liar and a cheat. You are majorly emotional and stressed, don't worry about what you ate, move forward from here!

Jeanne - Rachel sounds like she has had a rough go with her family It's probably why she is so closed up and uptight when she is with you all. Fitting in, with your OWN family should be a given, since that isn't the case, that is probably why she gets to upset. I know you, you will do your best to make her feel a part of it all. Family and extended family are tough situations! SHe is very lucky to have YOU!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #352

Our weekend was very relaxing. Friday night we watched Here comes the Boom with the kids. WE all loved it. Kevin James is so funny. Numerous times we were all literally ROLLING with laughter! Saturday Dennis and I got up early and went grocery shopping. WE were even back home and had it all put away before either of the kids woke up. Then we had our massage appointments! LOVED THAT! Saturday afternoon Haven had a friend come over and stayed the night. T finished up his Drivers Ed class and had Archery. Dennis allowed him to DRIVE a bunch! Man I am glad I wasn't in the car! Saturday afternoon Dennis and I went to see Silver Lining Playbook (GREAT GREAT GREAT MOVIE!) Saturday night I watched Breaking Dawn Part 2. DVD went on sale that day so of coarse I had to BUY IT!

Sunday we did SS/Church. T had a full day with AIMEE!!!!!!! It was the make up for the date night he didn't have due to his surgery. She came home from church with us, had lunch. They went to a movie, then to youth group at church, then they went out to dinner. They exchanged Valentine gifts. SO SWEET! Innocent. I pray it all stays that way. Next year they will be at the same school, that starts a whole new set of issues!

Fun weekend. This week is California week for me. Thursday I leave in the afternoon for San Diego. It's my girls weekend. We are all meeting there for fun! Corinne and Melissa are coming too! I get home Sunday afternoon! Short trip, but 2 full days of girls and fun!

Last edited by zipp2play; 03-04-2013 at 07:06 AM..
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #353

Food was pretty good this weekend. My DD's on Friday and yesterday could have been lower, I seem to have lost my DESIRE to keep them really low and in weight loss mode. I'm maintaining, but that of coarse, isn't really what I want to be doing.

I always do this. Mess myself up. I was 2 POUNDS from goal and I couldn't agree that it was right. STUPID ME! 166 is better than where I am now. I don't think the 150's are going to ever be in the cards for me! I can't ever be HAPPY where I am, seem to always want to be lower no matter what!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

yikes-can't believe I am just now getting here-today was crazy-took Mom shopping and did all of her errands! we are supposed to have a wintry mix tomorrow so thought I better get her out today--things take twice as long with her but we got it all done-took some of her returns back and then when she got home and tried on her new stuff she called and said she has more returns!! oh vay!!! lol--another chance to get out shopping!!

Monica -how was breaking Dawn part 2? I am too cheap to buy it-I will wait and see it when I can-the dil may get it and then I will grab it from her! I am anxious to see it tho since I saw the last one on that marathon movie weekend! glad T finally had his big day with Aimee--so sweet!

Monica--how is Sadie today? praying that both of you are hanging in there--I hope your stress is improved but I would be stressed all the time probably.

well-I am headed towards bed-lots to do tomorrow
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-this post should make you feel like you have a partner!! lol!!! I didn't have time to weigh in yesterday-so I hopped on the scale today--I KNEW my jeans were tighter-I KNEW I was eating all those baked goods-I KNEW my blood sugars were still good however--just goes to show you that calories in do count-I gained 2.5 pounds this week-oops!! I need to watch some of the fat apparently! and maybe go back to counting with a program? I am still good with the blood sugar and that is my main focus but can't continue to do this-maybe some is water weight but doesn't feel like it?

I need to run to the grocery store this morning before the wintry mix gets here-Monica how is your weather today? Just need to pick up a few sale items on senior day!! I save whenever I can! then back here for laundry and a few chores!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #356

our weather today is bright and sunny thus far. Yesterday, even with all the snow, we got up in the 50's! Breaking Dawn 2 was my favorite movie of the entire series. I loved it. Ironically, the book Breaking Dawn was my least favorite! But BD 1 and 2 were so well done, I loved them a lot! Another suggestion of a good movie for you is Hunger Games! It was a much better book, but the movie was good too. I love Jennifer Lawrence as Catniss! It's worth watching too!

Michelle, please update us on Sadie when you can! I have been praying and thinking of you all a lot!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

we are supposed to be in the 50s this weekend-I think Bill and I are off to do some thrifting-there is a show up by Indy where 300 vendors have their junk or treasures in an inside building--then another show next month at the state fair grounds-usually I would ask one of my girlfriends to go but he actually acted interested--lol--and we had a good time the last time we did one of the days going from place to place junking I called it--it should be a good time-I am trying to purge so I don't need anymore junk but just getting out for the day is going to be nice! I love looking at how people use old things! I know I will want lots! he is always interested in old tools--I have several old food slicers and things that we have that we use actually! they help tremendously in putting up stuff from the garden!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #358

Add me to the list of not eating as I should. Yesterday my calories were closer to 2200 than 1900c I am supposed to have. Honestly, I am just out of it! Not sure my deal. I blah blah blah about how I want to be in the 150's and yet, I can't even stay the coarse to get back in the 160's! I am changing my signature weight right now!! I'm am MESS!!! It doesn't help that Dennis is stating, YOU look great as you are. BLAH BLAH BLAH!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #359

I did it. It is done. Signature weight is adjusted!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

you DO look great as you are silly woman-I have always thought you were silly to lose anymore! especially with your height! I would give anything to be your height! I am short 5'4" so I really need to be taller so I could weigh more! I am just not fat-I am undertall! yeah for you owning your number--it's only a number!

Dennis is such a sweetie! gotta love that man! he is a keeper for sure! I will have to get the hunger games series of books one of these days-I wish I didn't have to pay a yearly stipend for our library--I refuse to do btw-we pay this huge hunk of our taxes yearly and I refuse to pay 52 dollars a year to use the public library! makes me furious! so I don't go! I keep thinking about using amazon's prime but I don't have a kindle -so one of these days!