Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Are should be mostly cleared by the morning
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #302

Major roads weren't bad when we drive home at 11:00 am
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
we did come thru with minimal--our temps warmed up--yippee--and the freezing rain and snow was minimal-we have some school closings and delays but not bad at all here locally considering how the sleet started so wickedly! we have some slight snow but the temps are 34 right now and they are supposed to rise to 40 today so the roads will be good later!!

Michelle--our snow removal is the county highway trucks keeping the highways clear and sometime that even doesn't get done for awhile-we live in the edge of the city but out of the city limits on a dead end road--so when it snows--we are one of the very last to get any snow removal--we thought when a doctor moved in at the tail end of the road it would mean they would be here to make sure he got out--nope--it's his responsibility--my hubs company was hired the last snow to clean his driveway so they could get out! that is why we have a blade for a tractor I guess? has come in handy for many things actually!

Monica--did the remodel ever get finished? how is T doing today?

Michelle--how you doing with the woe? I keep trudging along-I am thinking I may be eating too many fats? I read to increase fats but now I am wondering if that is maybe slowing my losses? that and the fact my synthroid has been decreased 4 times in the last year--I see my endo next week-going to have another test then-sure hope she doesn't decrease it once more-I have had heat intolerance in the last two years really bad with weird symptoms so I am hoping the decrease in synthroid will take care of that? she -the endo-never attributed the heat intolerance to an elevated TSH however--so it's puzzling but sure is harder to lose with my lower dose.. I keep fighting exercise and I know that would help my scale to move!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #304

Jeanne - the remodel got mostly done, but the finishing items have not been touched. Our contractor has not been back to the house since 01/26. He is avoiding us at church as he knows he did not do right by us. Basically, we owe the final 1/2 of the bill and he knows we won't pay anything else till it is done. It looks great, but there is probably 1/2 to a full day of finishing items that need to be done.

T is doing great. He basically got 2 extra days to recover. He is getting very USED to doing nothing. Next week we will be pushing him to get everything back to normal!

Eating yesterday was on the higher side of a DD. I survived and basically ate more veggies....lots more. I could have done a lot worse!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #305

Oh and the major roads have at least 2 lane plowed. Our street, which is a side street, has not been touched but we had little issues getting to the main road that was cleared. Honestly, drive smart and it is fine, drive like an IDIOT and bad things happen! There are TONS of idiots out there!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

what are the plans for the weekend girls? I just finalized-almost-plans for going to Indy tomorrow-we will see Nate and his family first-we are taking my Mom who has not been able to go see the Nate's new home since they moved into it last fall--they put down new carpet and flooring to update it--it's 23 years old but a beautiful well-made home with 4 bedrooms--their first home was 1600 sq ft-and this one is 3000 so they are really enjoying it! space for that new baby coming!

Then for lunch we will all go over to see Bill's daughters newly built new home--we haven't seen it yet at all--they are providing lunch for all of us! lasagna! I told Nate this morning I hope they don't mind if I bring a frozen Atkins meal? I haven't purchased any of them yet but this may be the perfect time--either that or blow my woe! I had a blood sugar of 91 this morning and don't want to be messing with the good readings I have been getting! so lots of driving involved--2 and half hours to get to Nate's then another 20 minutes to Denise's -we will be back home tomorrow nite so it will be a full day! I am looking forward to it and am anxious to see the grands!

Glad you are safe and made it to work Monica--and glad T is doing well--I am sure he has enjoyed time off from school--all kids do!

later girls-have a great one

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-22-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Glad to hear you all made it through the storm. We saw some pretty interesting pictures up here about what was happening in your areas. I say enough is enough. Bring on spring.
Jeanne---you sure know alot about medical issues. I know you were a nurse, but I have met alot of them that don't know a heck of alot. You sound almost more doctor like than nurse like. Do you miss nursing?

I am doing well with woe since I weighed in on Tuesday and saw that ridiculously high number. Fingers crossed I continue to remember that number and stay on track. I know I am already feeling better.

Off to work,talk to you later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your trip Jeanne and the family. I'm with you on bringing someting or hoping they have veggies to eat. We have been blowing off our eating responsibilities too much lately and look where that has gotten us. Once we are back on track it is so much easier to stay on track. Messing with your blood sugar numbers is not a matter to take lightly.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #309

Jeanne - what an exciting Saturday you have planned! I am so happy the weather missed you and you can get out and see the new homes in your family. I am sure your mom will be tired after the day, but will love getting to spend it with everyone! HOW FUN!

Michelle - I see a good number coming to you! Let us know!

Tomorrow we have Volleyball all day in Topeka (about 40 minutes from our house). Sunday we have church/SS and then meeting the family in KC for late lunch! Hopefully it will be a fun UNeventful weekend. NOTHING like last weekend!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

have you both have a great weekend-I went to walmart and picked up two different Atkins dinners-not sure which one I will take for lunch-there will be a salad also so I will be good!

we are starting out early in the am-so I won't be talking to you tomorrow-had to check in tonite and touch base with my buds!

sounds like you have a good family weekend planned also Monica--stay safe on the roads and enjoy your good times

Michelle-sounds like you have gotten a good start going now-it sure helps to get several days going to get back into the right frame of mind

Bill made sure he went to walmart with me tonite--he rarely wants to go--I figured it out when he headed for the bakery dept-he came home with a box of lemon filled bismarks-his favorite--it never gets easier watching donuts being eaten without me having my own box!!! grrr-I made a microwave cinnamon roll real fast-It was delish and I will be doing that again! totally satisfied me!

later friends
Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

good Sunday morning--it was a fun, busy day yesterday--sure was tired by the time we gpt home last nite-the grandkids are too funny together and we so enjoyed watching them interact! Mom did fairly well--she couldn't make it upstairs to see Denices whole house-which is amazing btw!! but she did make it upstairs at Nate's-her back and feet just don't tolerate climbing or much walking-I think she enjoyed the day.

hope everyone had a good day yesterday-it will be a lazy day here I believe-time to rest!

I thought I saw on the news that there is another big storm headed your way Monica? I think it is supposed to go north of us this time? I hope so-I have to head to Evansville Wednesday to the endo and a haircut Friday-hate driving in bad weather--did enough of that when I worked!

later friends
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

So good to hear you had a good trip. Marcel's parents are kind of like your mother. They have bad backs and knees so they don't come over to here often because we have a bi-level . So to get to the bathroom they have to go upstairs and they just can't do that. So instead we just visit them. But you can tell it bothers them we say we got something new and they can't come over to see it.

I hope all thoses storms miss you both.

I haven't done anything this weekend. I can't think of anything to do that is free and would interest the hubs. So I an just a couch potato, hovering LCF and pinterest.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

nothing wrong with being a couch potato-I can get caught up in pinterest-and lose track of time--gotta love mindless reading and looking around--I wish I had could do all the things there that interest me--but it never hurts to look! and dream!!

Mom has really slowed down in the last couple of years--I see the changes in her so much but still for 88 she is doing well and I am happy that she does what she can--she has worked hard over the years and deserves to take it easy now... I could help her more but she doesn't think she needs it-she is still very independent! I hope I am that good if I reach her age...
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

weigh in day for me--drum roll--I finally made it back into the 160's---woohoo--it sure has been a long time coming! 168.5!!! I lost 1.5 lbs this week-so I am glad I didn't eat off plan this weekend after all! I am slowly going down and as long as I see a decrease I am good!

lots to do today-was tired yesterday and didn't do much-so need to get busy

Michelle-how was your weigh in? I know you are sticking to the woe too!

Monica--how is your weather? I hope it is decent--I was hoping you didn't get the new storm?

time to get busy-later friends
Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #315

Jeanne - way to go on back in the 160's!!! You go GIRL!!! Awesome job. I am so proud of you! Glad you had a great weekend Sounds like some good family fun.

Michelle - I love weekends like that. I could watch movies for HOURS on end if we had a break and could manage it. I think this coming weekend is supposed to be pretty quiet for us! ROCKIN!!!

Weather is calling for 10-12 inches in Lawrence. This storm isn't supposed to DUMP all within 4 hours. It is "supposed" to start at 3:00 (ish) today and not stop snowing till early Wednesday morning! If all this happens, I am sure they won't have school tomorrow. Heaviest snow is to fall between 7;00 p.m. tonight and 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. T has Model UN, it's a competition in Topeka today and tomorrow. NOt sure what they will do if tomorrow is a snow day. I hope they would make it up....as they kids have worked for months on their presentations. His group is responsible for Lebannon. Haven is all about missing another day and playing in the snow ENDLESSLY! Naturally!

I ate good this weekend. Saturday was a perfect DD. I weighed Sunday morning and was still at 172. So, no 160's for me yet!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #316

OH and we measured T this weekend.....I am officially shorter than he is!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #317

We did this same thing in late October and it was exactly OPPOSITE with ME being taller! So, I'm 5'8" so he is over 5'9"....possibly 5'10"!!!! My baby boy is not a BABY anymore!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Love the pic Monica---It puts everything in perspective more then seeing numbers. Love it. Staying at 172 is better than gaining any day! Hope the storms aren't too bad for you.

Jeanne--- Way to go. I knew you would do it. Fantastic. You are my inspiration.

I lost this week too, but all water so now if I stay on the straight and narrow the numbers will mean something. 8 weeks into this challenge and only a 2.7 lb loss. That is quite sad. I should never have allowed myself to slip like that. But what's done is done. I'll keep trying for the next two weeks of this challnege and hope for 179.9.

We can do this!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--a loss is a loss girl--you are doing it--I have been having no losses for the last couple of years--ouch!-I am still 20 pounds away from where I used to be-and that is the saddest part-but we will all get to where we need to be--it's just a mind set-we need to keep thinking it is a life long change we are making and not a diet-just keep eating healthy and the numbers will all fall into place--slowly and surely--I am enjoying eating again-it is really keeping me busy cooking more--this morning I cleaned out a cabinet in my kitchen-moved all the liquor and mixes that we no longer really use-I loaded them all into a cardboard box and will take them to the garage-I am not throwing them away! Last week I made up some of the flour mix from the thread on here that I have been following using a flour mix-I am loving all the things people are making with this flour mix--anyway-I have had lots of those different flours and baking things I keep in my freezer but it has been a pain to go out there and dig through trying to find them-so I put some of them in small plastic containers like nuts and p-nut butter pretzels come in-and now all my flour mixes, davincis and protein powders are all in a cabinet all to themselves-I think it will make it so much easier for me to bake and not have to go digging in the freezer all the time? I will just replenish my containers when necessary!

Monica--great pics-it's scary when the kids grow so much and get so big-my grandtr is taller than me-has been for awhile! stay safe in that snow-I was afraid you were going to be hit again! I have to drive to my endo appt Wednesday--it's an hour away--I have to go--it's only once a year and I need to make it-so I am hoping the snow misses us-at least I will be heading south-lol!

cooking green enchilada casserole for dinner tonite-it takes so time to put together but it's really good--had Mexican over the weekend but I can always eat Mexican! just need to find something sweet to bake and I will be good to go!

two weeks for the challenge-they sure seem to go fast! I am so ready for spring!

Michelle-this is the thread with the flour mix I am talking about--lots of good baking going on here--thought you might enjoy reading--you too Monica

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ur-mix-44.html

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-25-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #320

Michelle - down 2.7 is better than a gain of that!!!! Keep it in perspective girl! Keep on and don't look back...does no good to do that!!!!!

Jeanne - I could eat mexican almost every day! I love it so!!!!!!!!!

It is funny to see that. I should post the pic we took in October that showed it just opposite of that, with me TALLER! I bet he shot up 4 inches in those few months!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #321

Jeanne - how was the mexican casserole last night????

Kids are out of school again today. We have at least 6+ inches of heavy wet snow and HORRIBLE wind. So power is out in some areas. Winter has decided that End of FEbruary is the time to SHINE! March 1st is Friday, I say, BRING ON SPRING! Food was DEAD ON yesterday, DD was around 650C
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #322

Interesting read on the flour mix!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

we are only getting the rain it looks like instead of the wintry mix--yippee-I hope it stays like that--stay safe-you guys are getting a beating with more snow! enough is enough right-I am with you --bring on spring!!! --oops-they just announced snow for tomorrow-I am driving tomorrow to the docs! hopefully it won't be too bad! I wanted to do some shopping too since I have access to all the good stores!

Monica-that flour thread is long-takes a long time to read-but super interesting if you are a baker! I love my sweets-that is the only thing that keeps me going is a way to make them legal!

my casserole was so so--I only had red enchilada sauce-I really like the green better-Kroger makes one that is so good and thick-I like it really well-but didn't have it to use-just a thin one-so was a little disappointed but it will get eaten! always better the second day anyway I think.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #324

OH Indeed better the 2nd day!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #325

Snow finally stopped and the temps didn't fall like they thought. I think it's like 38* out there! So it's melting and really slushy! We even had some banks completely close for the day??? WTH??? There are tons of businesses open. Truly no reason our bank is closed. I guess I won't be making that business deposit after all!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #326

I think we only got 8 or so inches.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #327

Well my boss decided to head out and took his son and another worker with him....NEVER said ONE word to me that he was leaving / closing for the day! WTH???!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Happy to here the storm isn't too bad for you Monica. Unfair that banks and bosses get the day off and not you! Where is the justice in this world! Also good to hear you had a good DD. I still don't think I could eat that few calories in a day. You are very strong and determined. I'm too weak for that.

Hope the weather works out for you too Jeanne. Good luck with driving and the doc appointment. What kind of stuff are you baking with this flour mix? I'm still trying not to eat any sweets or baking not even allowable ones right now. I still have too many cravings and I really want to squash that. What I wouldn't do for a cookie!!!!!!!!

Dogs went to the groomer today. Ben is cute and bald and freezing. He will sure be snuggling under the covers tonight. As for Sadie they just bathed her and brushed her and clipped her nails. Her hair is so thin now if they would have cut any she would have nothing left. I think they felt very sorry for her they barely charged me anything for her spa day. I have scheduled her for a chiropractor and acupuncture treatment in two weeks. I read alot of good testimonials about it. I am not going to give it a try. I want to say I did everything I could for her before she leaves us. If she could have some relief I would be ecstatic.

Time to make dinner. Steak and green beans. Yummy!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you are good mommy for your sweet babies-I hope Sadie gets some relief-I know that would ease your mind! I need to get Dolly groomed also but she is so cold natured I keep putting it off-her sweater covers up much of the hair growth on her body but her face really needs it!

I haven't made much out of the new mix-I have made that cheese cake that was supposed to make it's own crust-it really didn't but was delish anyway-and I have been making muffins-and the cinnabon muffins are to die for!! literally! they are a meal! I could not stay with this woe without having something sweet-you are stronger than me!! I would fall off the first week without my sweets! I intend to keep making things with it though and eventually I want to try my Italian coconut cake! that is the plan...

Monica-crazy for the boss to leave and not tell you about it--you must be his old standby and he counts on you to keep things going? hopefully that means a raise soon? lol?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #330

Michelle -- your dogs are so lucky !! You treat them so well.

Jeanne -- what time do you head out tomorrow ??? Please be careful!! Thinking of you