Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Cancelled all plans for today to allow him more recovery time. He feels great today. Only taking Advil
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
He had surgery at 7:00 PM and you left the hospital with him at 10PM???????????

Do tell!!!!! And wish him a speedy recovery from us!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
wow!!! that is just unbelievable--another story of same day surgery-but even faster than the norm! hope he is doing well--I know he is young but I still can't get over how things have changed! wow!

the next two days I will be absent--heading to the funeral and will be back Wednesday
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #274

OH Jeanne know you and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #275

T did well yesterday. Not sure how he is today. He was still asleep. My parents are home with him today. I plan to only work about 1/2 day then head back there.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #276

We survived the weekend. Saturday morning T was supposed to go to an all day drivers Ed class. He was NOT looking forward to it and started mentioning a tummy ache in the middle of the night Friday night. He got up and went to class. He even texted me at 9:30 a.m. and said he was feeling better. At Noon the class broke for lunch and he ate part of his. By 1:00 he was calling telling us he felt worse. DH told him to buck it up, that he only had X hours left but that only HE knew how he felt. At 1:30 he called and said, I need to come home. We both rolled our eyes and told him he would be doing nothing the rest of the evening (no date night with girl friend or anything). He said, FINE, I don't feel up to it. He came home, I sent him to his room. Within 5 minutes of getting home he was throwing up. By 2:15 he was moaning in pain. By 2:45 the pain had reached agony levels and we were in route to the hospital. The ER waiting room was FULL! They checked us in and told us to take a seat. T just kept getting louder and louder. Finally after 20 minutes, they took us back. They had no ER room for us, but put us somewhere where T could try to get more comfortable. We were in that area for 15 minutes until they finally had a place for us. By 4:45 they had basically determined it was his appendix but needed a CT scan to determine whether it had burst. By 7:00 p.m. he was on the operating room and as I stated, by 10:15 p.m. we were home with him.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Wow that is crazy Monica. Surgery and home in a few hours. I would be scared. Good thing you have your parents to help. And you are terrific parents, don't let a little doubt shake you up. I wish my parents would have been more like you guys.

Jeanne take care at the funeral.I guess you can't say have fun right?

Winter storm here today. More blasted snow! Enough is enough.
Forgot to weigh in on Saturday, I think that was subconscience. I know I haven't been eating well and I don't want to see the truth in bright red lED numbers. I should claify. have ben eating good, healthy foods, but potion control does not seem to exist. I am hungry and nibbling all the time. I need to get out more and stop sitting on the couch watching tv, but with snow up to our roofs, where am I to go?????

Later ladies.

PS Get well soon Tristan.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-I am still home getting ready to leave and thought I would check here--I am still bowled over about T!!! crazy wild story-he really got sick fast! nobody would have thought he could have appendicitis! glad he was able to come home --home is where he would want to be-so glad your parents are able to come and take care of him to allow you to work too--grandparents sure do pull through!

I lost one pound this week--I am doing about a pound a week and I am feeling good about that--4 pounds a month is fine-I used to think that was horrible but now if I do that consistently I will be totally good with it since I am eating sweets and eating lots of good things too and not starving! I am feeling like I can eat this way forever if I continue to make myself bake and cook in order to have legal things to eat! so one pound a week shall be a good goal I think? I am out of cheesecake however since the hubs helped himself to half of it--nothing sweet to eat in the house for me when I come home the next few days--that isn't good--but I will muster through it-I better--I did make a big pot of chili yesterday so I will have something to eat tonite when I get home--I didn't want to have to cook after a long day at the funeral home.. well-time to get dressed and out of here-later girls
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in... Gained 1.4 lbs.... Now a staggering 186.4...... I am speechless....
I am getting back on my bike today and buckling down...what else can I say.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #280

Michelle, don't focus on the number. Remember where you have come from! I understand totally though. I have gotten VERY SLOPPY with my eating. A little to RELAX at mindlessly nibbling, grazing or just full BLOWN EATING FRENZY! Let's refocus together. I will rededictate myself today in honor of you! WE can do this together girl!

Jeanne - good plan making up chili for tonight. They are calling for a big storm here. They can't decide if it will hit Wednesday night or Thursday morning/mid day! I guess if it hits here Thursday, it will be at your place late Friday or Early Saturday, right??? Are they calling for anything there???? This storm may be coming from the North, so maybe you won't get it???

T is doing really well. When I left work yesterday I went home and we ventured to the school for him to get some homework, me to talk to the nurse and us to arrange how he would get around once he goes back. We then went to the VET and spoke with the Dr and told him T couldn't work today but that he would like to work Thursday assuming they could all adhere to his no lifting over 25 pounds. Dr Bradley said, NO PROBLEM. He is welcome back whenever he is up to it! Bradley is so freaking NICE. Love that guy! T only takes pain meds when I remind him, so that means he can't be in that much pain, right?? He walked around the school and the Vet yesterday and then last night he and Dennis went to Michels to buy paint stuff and get in more walking!

Today Dennis stayed home with him. They will hang around the house and plan to go to Walmart and Best Buy, to shop AND get in some walking! T plans to go back to school tomorrow. I think for now, we will take him and pick him up. The steps to the bus are so BIG I would hate to think of him Climbing in and out.

That's all here. But I am REFOCUSING with you Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #281

Busy day here. T is staying home from school again. He is still pretty sore. Tomorrow HUGE snow storm. That kid may never go back to school!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls-glad to hear that T is recovering and not having any complications! sorry to hear about the weather--I am sure we will receive some of the wintry mix they are calling it! It has been so frigid with the wind chill-I couldn't get warm last night! I am so glad to be home today-being gone the last two days and driving against the wind seemed to wear me out! It was an exhausting two days-I think shopping would have been easier!

I have a lot to catch up on here at home-I did nothing but collapse-no cleaning at all-and the hubs isn't one to straighten up the kitchen or empty the dishwasher or do anything to help in the house-if I don't do it--it doesn't get done-where did I go wrong? my boys both help in the housework!

I need a day of rest but I need to clean today and figure out something to cook and bake! I was so close to eating off plan last nite--the cookie canister was calling my name and if I didn't go to bed I would have emptied the darn thing! I just wanted to eat sweets and a lot of them! I still feel that way today! stress eating I guess?

well-need to get busy and get my mind off eating--later girls
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Glad T. is doing well. Is he going to be rescheduling his date night with Aimee? Hope you don't get too much stormy weather there. Here we are still in some freak deep freeze. We are in a weather advisory that exposed skin will freeze in 5 minutes or less. So when you go out you don't see anybody's faces. I've had enough.

Jeanne---Happy to see you back. I know that kind of travelling can be exhausting and stressful. Good for you for staying on track. I don't have any cookies in the house. I could never stop myself. You are a very strong woman Jeanne.

I ate well yesterday and in the right portion size too. One day down the rest of my life to go. LOL. I just keep thinking 186.4,186.4,186.4 and I then it is easier to stay away from the pantry and fridge. How could I have allowed that to happen? Wel back to my bike. I'll check in later.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

I couldn't start any cleaning without having something sweet so I made some muffins-I saw this recipe

Flax Almond Muffins | Low Carb 360

and I had to try them if they were fast--they turned out pretty decent-I didn't add the chocolate chips or almonds to the top-I was in too much of a hurry-I cooked them for 2 minutes in the microwave and they were done and just buttered two of them-I figured that will be lunch! took care of my sweet need for now! Now I need to find something for dinner! I am really tired of trying to think of things to fix!

Yay for one day down Michelle--keep adding those days together and you will be good to go for summer--I am on the slow train but it feels ok for now-I am wishing it was faster but I keep thinking one pound a week still means 52 pounds a year! it puts it in better perspective that way!

back to trying to find something to cook for dinner!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #285

Jeanne - at least you taught your boys better. I think part of it is the generation thing. His generation was used to their Mom being home and doing it all! I am so thankful Dennis is NOT like that. I would NOT tolerate that at all! Way to stay the coarse girl!!!!!!!! Staying on plan will help you so much more!!!!!!!!

Michelle - he is trying to reschedule the movies with Aimee. Probably is, the movie they want to see is in another town. So someone has to take them and stay with them!

Same old here. We won't go to church tonight. Honestly, I worked 12+ hours yesterday and I am tired! I think we will stay in, watch TV, maybe I'll Make cookies with Haven???
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

just saw the noon weather--looks like Kansas is going to get hard with the winter storm--our weather guys are getting smart--they have made so many wrong predictions that now they won't predict until the storm is on top of us--they wait until the last minute to say what we will get!! looks like you might get a day home?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #287

OH I will have to work. Dennis and I are the closest to the office, so we are the ones who have to get here to get things opened!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--how is the weather today-saw the national news-where are you in relation to Kansas City? they are calling for a foot of snow! stay safe--we are scheduled to receive sleet--and wintry mix here--I am hoping that misses us--I would much rather have snow--lots of problems with sleet with power! we have a generator but Mom lives across town-she is only 3 blocks from my brother so I am assuming he will take care of her but he isn't much in that dept!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #289

I am 30 miles West of KC! For Lawrence KS, they are calling for 15 inches! Funny, Dennis and I walked this morning at 4:50 a.m., got home at 5:45 a.m. It had just started with Flurries! It is now POURING snow! I mean, it's like someone has a bucket and is just dumping it on us. Schools were all cancelled last night before even ONE flake had fallen. Now that it has started, they say it probably won't stop now till 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. Haven was so excited she could hardly stand it! She LOVES LOVES LOVES the snow (she is like me). I came in to work early since they were sleeping. Boss called, he indicates he will be closing the office. Time will tell on that. Dennis and I are the closest to the house. We are just 10 miles and it is a straight shot down a Highway to our house. We live 1 miles off the highway. That 1 mile will be the toughest part for us! I am guessing there will be no school tomorrow as well. That will help T a lot!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #290

T will have extra time to heal and yet, not miss anything at school!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Stay safe and warm ladies. My fingers are crossed that the storm misses you guys.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #292

Thanks Michelle. 15+ inches is nothing for you guys....for us, it is DEATH and DOOM!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #293

Boss just left, told us to leave. Not sure that is a smart thing to do now!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Dang-Hope you get home safely--I would hope you get there before it gets worse! I am getting ready to watch the noon weather--nothing but sunshine for us right now! I am hoping we get the snow and not the ice! told Mom to prepare to go to my brothers tonite if we get the ice! he will surely come and get her since he has a 4 wheel drive vehicle-hoping we get nothing--thankful the funeral was earlier this week-we would have had to miss it probably!

let us know when you are home and safe and sound Monica!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #295

Home and safe!!! Stopped snowing now.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

glad you made it--snuggle in for a nasty night! it is still bitter cold here--nothing happening but cloudy now--still hoping for a reprieve!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

spoke too soon--we have large sleet balls--my roof is covered white in the gables with them--not a good sign this early-Dolly doesn't know what to think hearing them hit the window and the sidewalk!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #298

Stay safe girl! I got extra cardio in. Dennis and I shoveled the 8+ inches on the driveway
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

You guys need a tractor with a blade for that much snow--or a 4 wheeler with a blade! I can't imagine shoveling that much-my back would be done for a week! I just saw on the national news where a fire truck was stuck in 18 inches of snow in Lawrence KS--I feel for you guys--stay inside and have a little hot toddy tonite and maybe everything will be closed tomorrow-including your work!!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

It doesn't sound good for either of my best friends. Please take care and stay safe.Do your cities have good snow removal equipment?Around here we only need about 6-12 hours to have all major roads cleared so we can get around. But we have snow for more then half a year, so I guess we should. Hope you guys are warm and inside and enjoying your family time.