Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
~~LCMW~~ January 2013!

Happy New Year Ladies!

That time again. My NY resolutions are boring but they should be doable. I want to come up with a weekly schedule that will include exercise, reading and learning piano. And I want to eat healthier.

Last edited by krittermom; 01-01-2013 at 01:56 PM..
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi Krit!

My resolutions are the similar.

Lose weight via LC and JUDDD
Start lifting weights again
drink more water
read more

Speaking of which did any of you guys read Gone Girl? Looks interesting to me. I love a good mystery. Thinking I should start a book club...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hi all.
My resolutionsL
Start walking. (I even cleaned off the treadmill)
Use the bowflex at least once in awhile
Stick to my UD calories instead of adding 500 every other day. I love maintaining but need to lose a few more.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh and Chloe the Goat doesn't think I have enough to do so she has started her own jewelry line called Chloe's Creations. All wire crochet. Super easy and I used to crochet jewelry 30 years ago. Here is a photo of a cuff bracelet I made today for Chloe. She likes sparkly things.

And an unfinished necklace. I had to order clasps so I couldn't finish it. Chloe likes green (a s in hay and money)

Last edited by adillenal; 01-01-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LM, thanks for reminding me about lifting! I really need to do this and it's somthing I can do while watching tv so there's no excuse not to.

I did read Gone Girl for book club a few months ago. I'm kind of on the fence about it. It was a good mystery and kept me guessing, but I didn't like the characters and I find it hard to read a book when I don't find the main characters likable. Everyone else in book club loved it and my DH read it and liked it.

You should definitely start a book club! It's been a lot of fun and all of the women are so different. Makes for interesting conversations. And I love that I get to read things I normally would never pick.

Adi, love the crochet cuff!

I was so incredibly tired today. I cleaned up a lot in the kitchen and did 2 loads of laundry and then took a 2 hour nap. I can't believe I slept that long but I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I needed it. Didn't eat great today but I did throw a lot of junk out and made some antipasta salad which I'll eat tomorrow. I'm going to try to not eat cheese and most dairy other than cream for my coffee and tea and a little mayo. I think it's messing with my sinuses and just not doing me any good.

I tried to do a Step tape and made it through about 15 minutes, lol. Not sure if I'm just out of shape or overly tired from last night. But at least it's a start.

Hi Dak!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I need to go upstairs and dig out a Step tape and make myself do it . I am just so lazy when it comes to exercise.
I have a ham bone from the Christmas ham and I want some split pea soup so I will make that toomorrow for me. DH doesn't like it. One of the few things he doesn't like.
The neighbor has an orphan calf he wants us to take. I have a bag of calf milk replacer in the freezer and a bunch of milk too so I told DH to get him. My first doe kids January 15 so we only have a couple of weeks to feed him from our milk reserve. It will also use it up so I can start fresh with new milk. More owrk but it is DH's project so we will get him fed twice a day however.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Happy New Years, Lil Miss, Adi & Kritter!

The cold I had really took something out of me. It felt like I had been on the go so much that by stopping, I lost momentum, it was really hard to get going again. I worked 3 days this week, after the 2nd day, I discovered that I get energy from working, at least as much I put out.

New Years resolution, to commit more to my yoga practice and to lose this last amount of weight. My weight has crept back up to 156 (from 153.5) but I have not been doing any DD's. It is darn near miraculous that I've only gone up 2.5 pounds. Like my new set point is 156. So today I am endeavoring to complete a DD and get back into the swing of JUDDD again.

I do like your new jewelry, Adi. I love how you pick up new things run with them. They should look nice with your soap displays for your craft shows.

Great idea to start a book club, Lil Miss. It would be fun to read and discuss with friends. I just finished a book I really enjoyed, Makeda, by Randall Robinson. Story blends family, African history, past lives into a wonderful tale of spiritual growth. Actually, I listened to it on audible, so I got all the great accents to go with it.

Kritter, I think there's something about this time of year that makes us want to hibernate. Short, cold days, it's genetic, we just want to sleep by the fire. You were smart, you got sick and done with your cold, then had time off for the holidays!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow I can't believe I haven't checked in all week. Been so busy with work and getting ready for overnight guests last night. Guests left this morning and that was the last of our holiday entertaining. So glad it's over. Didn't get to bed last night until 2 and got up around 6:30 so there will be a nap in my future today, lol.

Off to try to put the new treadmill together.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Woke up this monring early cause Sami was jumping up and down. Went downstairs to find DS packing his truck to leave. He neglected to tell us he was leaving this monring. I thought he was leaving tomorrow.
So I had DH help me this afternoon to draw blood on almost all of my goats to send in for their yearly testing for disease and I had a few pregnancy tested since I don't think they are bred. Oh my. Sme are so easy to work with and some not so much. But I got it done.
Need to walk on the treadmill tonight since I finally finished getting all of DS' junk he was piling on it every trip home off. Don't laugh too loud but I found a Christmas table cloth on the treadmill. Have no idea how that got there. It is now in the kitchen drawer where it belongs.
DD for me today. Only ate onece and that was watered down with broth split pea soup. Sure was good since it is cold out.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How many goats do you have, Adi? Drawing blood on all of them does sound like a chore, but also very proactive.

I worked some in the garden today, it's been raining, so perfect time to pull weeds. I'm trying to get the mallow and yellow star thistle out, everything else I can just mow down.

I had a good DD yesterday, down 2 pounds this morning, cooked a big dinner tonight, I had frozen basil that I made into to pesto at DH's request. (I'm really not into pasta anymore) He wanted chicken with it, so I pounded a chicken breast to about 1/2inch and coated it in flour, salt & pepper and sauteed it, turned out pretty good! I roasted more sprouts and tried roasting broccoli, eh, roasted broccoli didn't seem worth the trouble but the sprouts were great. Oh, and we have a new bakery in town, so a nice crusty baguette. So nice to have a good bakery again.

Hope you're having fun with your treadmills! I got my exercise today walking up and down our hill.

Last edited by Dakini; 01-06-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I have 41 but we didn't test the bucks this round so really drew blood on 34.
Took awhile since I have to shave a spot on their neck so I can find the vein. If anyone looked at my herd right now they would wonder why they all have a bald spot on one side of their neck, All on the right side too.

I am up on the scale and I know it is from too much on UD's so I have to rein it in and get back down. Today is a DD and I had an egg for breakfast which was really good.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think it's great you have such a large herd of goats, animals that are herd animals should have a group, they just seem happier in groups to me. My neighbor to our right has one goat that they keep with a horse. I couldn't figure out why their goat had a pink stripe down its back, DH thinks they were just playing around, that one of their little girls put pink in her hair and decided to paint her goat as well. Who knows?

Down a half a pound from my last UD, seems right, down 2 pounds, the up a pound and a half. Today is a DD. Back in the swing of JUDDD again, it has to be the most forgiving diet ever.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak-A lot of fancy horse places keep goats as a companion for the horses. Then there is always the old wives tale that keeping a goat with a horse keeps the horse from getting distemper. The race horse place down the road has a few goats out with their horses. Pink striped goats could catch on. I have a picture of my junior girls waiting on their dinner on my blog. They love me when I am carrying buckets.

Had a great DD today. Going to try my best to have a lower calorie UD tomorrow. NO JUNK.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick check in. Have been having a toothache and hot/cold sensitivity so I need a root canal. I went to the dentist yesterday and he did something - sort of like a root canal, but not a total one. I took a vicodin, percoset and advil and it still hurt, but I did finally get some sleep. I took off from work today. Fortunately this dentist does root canals so I don't have to make an appt with another doc.

adi, wow, I didn't realize you had that many goats. That's a lot to take care of.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter -So sorry about your tooth. I guess I was lucky mine could not be saved I guess. I am not too much into pain and I have always heard horror stories about root canals. Not even sure what one is.

and I have way too many goats. After they kid I will start selling the ones that aren't show quality as family milkers. At least the ones that are easy to milk. Except for Chloe. She stays regardless. And I am buying three does from New York. When we go to DS' graduation from officer school in GA, we are meeting the lady from NY that is making a trip South to deliver goats. I have several other people I am transporting for since we are going, we might as well take advantage of the trip. A changce to get some really high quality animals. I have a buck from her that I love.
It is raining here so feeding will be messy this evening . They will just have to come out and eat at the fence since I don't dare try to carry feed into their pen. They would kill me. The mature does have their feeder inside since I can feed from the outside without going into their pens. We will eventually get the other pen fixed like that too. Safer that way.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I've had a few root canals on back teeth and never had any pain with them, but when I had a root canal on a tooth more toward the front, it was sore afterward.

I think this tooth will feel better once the root canal happens and the nerves are removed. I need it fixed before I go to Vegas in 3 weeks.

So the treadmill assembly guy is coming tomorrow night to assemble it. I'll feel better knowing it was assembled by someone who knows what they're doing

Made another big batch of bean soup today and I'm also making some quinoa which I may add to the soup. Maybe I'll leave some out to stir fry with some onions and peppers.

Adi, how many goats are you looking to have total?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - Oh it has to do with the nerves. I have never had a root canal so I wasn't sure.
I would like to trim down to 20 does and however many bucks I need so probably around 24. They are eating a little more than I budgeted for so a few need to go. I have one buck sold. And when my pregnancy tests come back if those three that don't look bred, aren't then they will go to the auction along with a buck I don't want any longer. So I am already down by 5 in my mind anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Ready for a shock folks? I have figured out a way to exercise. Yes, I used the E word. At home I use tapes since I have them and I have a tape player attached to a little TV.So I bought a Leslie Walking DVD and I can play it on my computer at work and walk a mile BEFORE lunch most days. I did it today and it worked out just fine. I am kind of excited to finally be able to walk before I get home and get started doing other things. And I can make use of my lunch break other than eating for all of that time.
I am not concerned about losing weight by exercising, just want the health benefits.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, that's a great idea! You have an office right, so no one can see you? I think a mile only takes 15 or 20 minutes so it's easy to fit it in before lunch.

My stomach has been awful lately. I think it's the combination of the vicodin and penicillin and ibuprofen. Can't wait to finish the antibiotic.

I saw the dentist today and he was very impressed with my teeth. I have a few spots that need a deep cleaning and on a scale of 1 - 10 were 5s, but most of my gums are in really good shape and no serious gum disease. My root canal is scheduled for Tuesday and then I have a few fillings that need to be replaced and one tooth needs to be recapped. The one that needs recapping is one that I've had trouble with for 20 years - food gets stuck up between the teeth and under the tooth and can get very painful. He thinks he can solve the problem. I was so glad he actually recognized the issue because my other dentist just blew me off and said there was nothing he could do about it.

I walked for about 10 minutes before work this morning. Not much but it's a start. I'm going to try to get in a 1/2 hour tomorrow morning. Would love to be able to get into a routine where I get my walk in before work. Then if I walk at lunchtime or after work it's a bonus.

I had 2 glasses of wine tonight at happy hour with some people from work and I'm aleady ready for bed. Either the medicine is getting to me or I really can't hang anymore LOL.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - Glad you are getting all of your toofie things taken care of. I was scared something else was going on with me but guess not.
My office in a former classroom so it is about 30x30 so I have LOTS of room to walk with Leslie. It took me 20 minutes today and I plan on always doing it BEFORE lunch so I am exercising on an empty stomach. I was surprised that I was able to follow right along with no problems. I bought the only DVD our local Wal Mart had by Leslie S. ALl of the others were Jillian and not what I wanted. This particular one has a different walking routine for each day of the week then you can pick and choose from them and make your own routine. I like the idea of something different each day. Won't get boring.
AND I have stayed under my UD calories today and I am cooking Revolution ROlls simply becasue I have so many eggs. I used 12 eggs. I actually like Revolution rolls, especially with tuna fish for some reason.
We will be walking up a storm before long.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you've found a great dentist, Kritter! That makes such a difference, having a professional that is at the top of their game. I'm fortunate to have a dermatologist like that, what a difference, just a few key questions and he diagnosed an inflamed lymph gland I've had for years.

You all know I live in wine country, but until recently I haven't found a winery that I really like, till now. I discovered RR while having breakfast out a couple of months ago. I was sitting at the counter, reading the NY Times online on my phone and this guy comes and sits next to me that really was into talking. After dropping the word "my husband" a couple of times, he drops the word "my wife" so I figure he's safe enough to chat with, turns out, he and his wife both work at RR. He asks what kind of wine I like, (I like red wines with depth and some sweetness) and that's what their wines offer. I drive out to the vineyard and really liked their wines, enough to buy a few bottles to enjoy for the holidays. Funny thing, his wife is on a diet, so he's on a diet, and he's not supposed to be eating out. No problem, I just don't mention that I've met her husband. Then last time I stopped in to buy, I thought it was kinda strange, I was asking about their wine club, and she says that she knows that it's expensive ($110) which isn't really too bad, as you get a case of wine when you join. But then she asked, did you meet my husband at Grocery Outlet? Jeez, I would never buy ANYTHING from the Grocery Outlet, I don't know, it feels like it all rejected from a normal market, probably with expired expiration dates, so I say, I can't remember, it was something around food. Slippery slope lying. He could have at least said Albertons or Trader Joes, LOL.

Perfect plan to exercise, Adi! The first time I really ever got in shape it was when I had an 1 1/2 lunch hour and took an hour exercise class every day.

I just ordered $30 waterproof gardening gloves. I've never spent that much for gardening gloves since I usually buy new every year, but it has been so cold I've been spiking my gardening gloves with "hot hands" hand warmers. I hope I can get more than a season out of them. I like that they look like their easy to wash. Amazon.com: West County 015BS Women's Water Proof Glove,...Amazon.com: West County 015BS Women's Water Proof Glove,...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Maybe Grocery Outlet is the only grocery type store her DH knows about. Men.
Maybe the gloves will be the perfect item for gardening. I get new ones often it seems. Those rubbery coated ones get stiff and crack and the ones without wear through quickly.
I am 143.8 this morning AFTER an UD and I was 143.8 the day before after a DD. This is looking good for January. I am excited about adding exercise and continuing to lose. I might get to my ultimate goal afterall.
Babies start arriving soon. Offically next tuesaday but they can come earlier.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Can anyone believe I did the walking video again today. That makes two days in a row. A record for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
You go Adi!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - Thanks. Hope I can make it a habit.
I am down to 142.6 this morning doing the very modified potato fast since Monday. I am eating eggs for breakfast and then potatoes with lowfat sour cream and/or salsa or homemade chili on the other two meals. Keeping my calories under 1800 and I am dropping. Got to make it through another UD and DD before I can change my stats to 142 though.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

I did not walk yesterday BUT I cleaned the barn adn raking, shoveling and hauling certainly was as strenuous as the walking tape so I consider it as exercise done. And I did it for about 45 minutes straight at one point.
AND I am 142.2 this monring AFTER an UD. I lost after an UD again. This is so odd to me. But I will take it.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Adi, that's great! Nice meal plan for UDs, too, looks doable.

My new gloves came on Saturday. What a difference. Put a few plants in the ground yesterday, compared to my old gloves, they laugh at dirt. And at the end of the day, I washed my hands wearing them, then hung them up to dry.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - Glad you like your new gardening gloves. I am still using a leather pair that won't wear out so I might look into those when I need new ones.

This sudden weight loss is kind of strange but I will plug on and see where it takes me.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Adi!

Dak, I'm glad you're happy with the new gloves. It's so great to find something that makes your life easier.

It's supposed to be 55 today so I'm going to get out for a walk. It's really foggy too, which I love - as long as I don't have to drive far. Having a big salad for lunch and I think I'll cook up some chicken thighs later. I always do well with them because they're so easy to pack for lunch for work all week.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It has been cold here! I was going to lay out the new irrigation tubing, till I opened up the end I was going to attach, which had ICE in it. (thought I can completely drained up). Think I'll wait for spring.

Had a good DD yesterday, 155 this morning, need to get back to my UD/DD regular routine. The holidays really threw me off.