Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have my first baby pictures on my goat blog. They are so cute.
I am 143.4 this morning after a regular UD which did include pineapple upside down cake ao I am very pleased. It is cold and I have two does expecting so I am staying home today to wait for babies. Off to do morning chores now that I have babies to feed.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Greetings ladies!

lil miss, how are you doing? You've been awful quiet? Are things alright with the family? Are things better for DS(re bullying)?

I had root canal today. Went pretty well. Novacaine wore off a few hours ago so I took a vicodin and am waiting for that to kick in. Last week the dentist put some kind of medicated temporary filling in it that had the worst taste and smell. It tasted like a bandaid combined with horrible tasting medicine and cloves. Then I chipped a whole in the filling and it filled with food, etc and add the smell of rotting food to he mix and you can imagine what it was like, or maybe you can't but let me tell you, it was disgusting. So that is why I was so glad to get the root canal done

Yesterday I had horrible IBS. Today it seemed a lot better. I'm thinking of making a batch of rice and for the next day or two eating just rice along with some chicken thigh meat which I cooked on Sunday. Then maybe Friday I'll add some other foods. I wish I could figure out what caused these symptoms. I really need to get this cleared up before I go to Las Vegas in 2 weeks. Did I tell you guys I'm going to Vegas for a work conference?
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, lilmiss where are you and how are you doing???
kritter - WOW!! A trip to Vegas on someone else's dime is great. Rice should help with the IBS since it is so bland. Maybe add one thing back in at a time and see.
I stayed home from work today to wait for babies and I STILL don't have any.

FedX delivered my new gooseneck ball for the new truck today. All I have to do it pop it in the hole that is already in the truck bed and hook up. YEA!!!

Off to check on the expectant mothers again. AND IT IS COLD AND VERY WINDY HERE. Takes me forever to get dressed to go outside.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, are the goats usualy really good about delivering on schedule? Haha, that's one of the things I hate about winter - piling on layers of clothes just to go out and fill the bird feeders. We've been blessed with a pretty mile winter so far.

Keep warm you guys!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - The normal gestation period is 150 days so that is what I go on but there are some other signs like tail ligaments. The ligaments have been gone on Cari since yesterday and still no kids so she will probably have them in the middle of the night. They are usually pretty close though.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Any new babies Adi? I hope Cari's okay.

My tooth is throbbing! I accidentally bit down on a piece of rice with that tooth today and it's been killing me since then. I took my pain meds and am waiting for them to kick in.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I am so sorry. Tooth pain is the worst. I am still eating softer foods just out of habit I guess. Like a lot of potatoes everyday.
Cari had twin bucks so I wasted all of my time and energy waiting on nothing but that is the way it goes in the goat world. She had twin bucks last year too.
BUT I am down to 141.8 this morning after an UD so that made up for it.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been writing much. Been battling some demons. I know it may sound silly but I seriously think I have PTSD from the stuff with my dad. When he was hospitalized and delirious, he was unusually sweet and that was lovely, would tell me how much he loves me etc. Now that the delirium is gone he is back to being non-emotional, it feels strange. Also been depressed bc I just cant seem to truly to stick to any eating plan and been battling with the whole "my kids are back at school" thing.

I have several friends and I have watched them go through it, so they take classes, start a new hobby, go back to school, get jobs, etc. MY problem is I don't know WHAT would make me happy.

For a while it was running and specifically training for long races like half and full marathons. I am the type of person, I NEED to feel productive, daily. And my life right now is, dishes, laundry, and chauffering my kids around, yanno?

Anyway, I am sorry, dont mean to be a Debbie Downer. Been low carbing and been having my own issues with IBS. Feel concerned that I have additional food allergies that are not yet identified or something. But maybe it is a reaction to LC? [although I have never had it before]

Last weekend DH was sick, so weekend was a total bummer. This weekend he is away at a a conference and we had tickets to a show but I have to drive kids to NC for a tae kwon do event! Grrrrrr

I told DH I am very much looking forward to what he has planned for me on a date night next weekend. HINT HINT He looked like a deer in headlights. haha

Littlest guy home sick, second day in a row. Probably could have sent him but I don't want this getting any worse and there are some BAD colds out there right now.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - We are here for you and seeing parents ill is very stressful. I am sure you will find something that will appeal to you and make you fell productive because you ARE productive now.
You have three beautiful boys and that takes a LOT of work. Just because they are in school all day should not make you feel like you are not contributing to anything. You are. Good idea not to send DS to school. He needs his mommy when he is sick.
Love your new avatar by the way.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Lil Miss, nice to hear from you, don't worry about being any DD, nothing you have ever posted has ever depressed me, we're all here for you. I found it hard too to see the change my dad went through as he aged, my mom had better communication skills than my dad, so despite going through hard times, I always knew emotionally where she was. My dad was always distant, excellent provider, but not really there emotionally, YKWIM? Typical of men of that time, I think. Anyway, keep checking in, you're not alone in your feelings.

Kritter, your poor mouth! I totally got your description of the medicated temporary filling, it's all so synthetic tasting, yuck. Hope it's feeling better.

Adi, your babies are so cute. Funny story too, about "elf ears." Smart goat, putting himself back into the pen.

WL is going well. Almost back to my lowest low, yesterday I was 154. Considering how off plan I've been over the holidays, it's pretty incredible. I have today off, I've been helping DH with his paperwork and planning my tomatoes for year. Starting seeds at the end of the month!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, I love your new avatar! Have you tried taking a class? Maybe knitting or even joining some kind of sports league like tennis or volleyball? You might meet some new people and it could be good exercise or at least good for relaxation Or maybe start a book club? It might be good for you to get out and meet other folks.

Dak, how much fun to start planning your garden!

Adi, I may have to try the potato diet because I am having trouble eating anything else. If it's not better by Monday I'll have to call the dentist.

I had fish for dinner an I bought some boiled shrimp so I'll have that tomorrow. My also have some nice soft soup.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh krit, how awful, I hope your tooth pain improves! That's the worst!

Thx for the encouraging words everyone! I am thinking of starting a book clun, just not sure who I could invite... Also, I did take that golf class last semester, but this semester nothing fit with my schedule. [there was a class on Lincoln I thought sounded interesting] BUT I did step out of my comfort zone and attend a Ladies golf meeting this week. I did laugh bc they were saying their goal is to get it in the hole in under 10 strokes! Sounds like my speed!

Adi, I need to check your blog!

Hi Dak - you are doing so great on JUDDD, need to get myself back to it. As before the plan is to get ketonic and the go to JUDDD to make it easier. NO gluten free stuff this time and I think it will work.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL lil miss, that golf league sounds perfect! I think you'll like it. And the nice thing too is that there's not a lot of pressure to show up. If you can't make it, it's not like someone isn't going to get to play because they need you as partner like tennis.

The thing about a book club is you only need to invite one or two people and then they'll invite people and so on. Ours started out with a few people which was actually really nice and then before we knew it, we had 10. Do you have any neighbors you like spending time with? That would be a good place to start.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. I have been birthing babies today. Two does although one was early decided to kid at the exact same time. I ended up with three little doelings. They are in their specila pen and have had their colostrum. They are the most active kids. usually after their first dose of colostrum they go to sleep. Not these three. They are jumping around, butting each other and they aren't even 8 hours old. I can see they will be a handful. I have two more due this week. Another LaMancha and my first Saanen.

I am having a good day today. Not really hungry and I have NO junk food in the house so I can't get off track. I had one bag of chips but DH has just finished them off so that is actually a good thing. I might just have scrambled eggs for dinner. I had a potato for lunch and so did DH. I ate late and he ate later. Had to drive the old truck and trailer over to the other place with a couple of rolls of hay. DH drove over on the tractor so he could unload the hay. While he was unloading the hay, I looked at rocks since there is a lot of gravel on that place. I found a beautiful flat rock that had been broken off and looked like it had been cut to look like that. I am going to make me a wire wrapped pendant with it. AND I found a 2 inch piece of petrified wood too. I might just have to go over there more often and rock shop.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Tuesday and all is well. I was 140.8 on the scale this morning after a DD. Doing a modified potato day today. Would really love to see 139 on the scale before I die. My appetite seems to be in control and therei is a strawberry cake in the breakroom but that is not one of my favorites so I am not even interested. Now if it was carrot cake I would probably have some or a lot. Weatehr is beautiful. Upper sixties and sunny.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Adi, congrats on the new babies!

Started low carb again today and I started the couch to 5k last night. We'll see where this goes :-) Fortunately my tooth is much better. Still can't eat anything crunchy, but I can eat some soft food without the agony I was in.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the new babies! Whoa, incredible, 139.... I can feel it for ya adi!

Krit, I LCed today too! Watched Biggest Loser tonight, really motivated me to run!

Hi Dak!

BUSY day here. DS1 got braces! More errands than I can tell you. Had a disasterous weekend! DH away, found out last minute that kids performing in NC further than the 90 min drive I thought so had to throw them AND DOG! in car and go to hotel overnight! What an adventure!

I HAVE to get back to regular exercise! Kids have been taking turns staying home sick and the holidays and I just got out of my routine...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're so close, Adi, you're going to make it! Great baby pictures. You must be exhausted. Every 2 hours checking on Mama? Hope you can get some needed rest soon.

Kritter, glad to hear you're feeling better. I tried couch to 5K once, it's pretty tough. I hope you have better knees than me. I don't think my legs are made for running.

Lil Miss, braces! Your boys are growing up so fast. I wonder if we'll still be a group when your boys graduate. I hope so.

I planted tomato seeds on Sunday. 13 different varieties. I have them all planned out in terms of sauce, drying, fresh & canning tomatoes. Should be fun. I have them on a heated germination mat, supposedly it will help them germinate faster.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Looks like I will have more babies this morning so I anot going to work and DH is going to a dental appointment. I have fed my three little ones and will run out and check every 30 minutes on this one.
lilmiss - Oh how I remember DS and his braces. Cost a fortune and then he didn't wear the retainer at night and not so good now. So don't let the dog eat the retainer if it falls out at night and you will be fine.
kritter - I will walk but will not run. I am just not an exercise person but good luck in your program.
Dak - Tractor Supply has this shelf thing with a zip on cover for it that is about 5 feet tall for only $20 that DH wants to get to start plants in on the patio. I keep forgetting to stop in and buy one. I think it will work in our climate.

Off to check on Bug and babies.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

I had five babies bron today and I have four of them on a bottle. DH had to help with the last one. It was BIG and a girl. I was so busy being on baby watch that I only ate breakfast and ended my day with 150 calories.
DH stopped at Tractor Supply and got a raincheck on the greenhouse thing for seed starting. They will call me when it gets in. Heirloom tomatoes here we come.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so exciting, Adi! Being around any kind of birth, human, animal, is such an exhilarating experience. Glad you got a raincheck on the greenhouse. I saw something that sounds similar in one of the local ads, though I think I missed the sale.

If you'd like some seeds, I have plenty, would be happy to put some in the mail to you. I really wanted a specific variety from Tomatofest, and since they had a $15 minimum order, I now have a LOT of fresh seeds. Just let me know if anyone would like some.

Busy week here. I keep getting drawn into to doing things I really don't have time to do for people. People can be so darn sneaky. They trick me into saying yes to stuff. Was with a friend that is going through some depression. I offered to go for a walk, walk was great, really got them out of their funk, then by the way, do you have time to do this one thing for me? That turns into 3 more things. I do have a home of my own to take care of. grrrrr.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (24.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Dakini; 01-23-2013 at 11:18 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Dak. I would love to try any of those but especially Arkansas Traveler, Chinese and Pink Bumblee. I think if I put a light bulb in my mini greenhouse when I get it that I can start all kinds of seeds. I have one of those done covers too and togethere those seeds don't stand a chance. They will HAVE to sprout. I love plants and vegetable gardening. I am so glad I finally have a fruit tree row even though all I have are figs and an olive.
I am 140.8 again this monring so looks like I have reached my goal of my upper bounce not going over 144. Haven't seen 144 in 15 days so hope to keep creeping downward. IF I can control myself, I am thinking I can see 139 one day soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like your idea to put a light bulb in your greenhouse. I really like starting from seeds. We've lost most all our independently owned nurseries, and I dislike buying starts from the big box stores, (after an experience with tomatoes that weren't labeled right). I'm thinking of trying peppers this year too along with of course, more squash. The greens I planted are slowly growing. I've planted fig trees here too, really like how they don't need much maintenance (compared to peaches, I'm not into spraying all the time). I hope to have a decent harvest this year. I'll put your seeds together tonight when I get home.

Hi Kritter & Lil Miss!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

One of Dr. Mercola's blog articles this week had a list of the most often GMO products and he had some zucchini and crook neck squash on the list. I will have to make sure I only use seeds from those little companies that specify they do not use anything GMO. My peppers did gret in the fall in the shade house. Will have to repeat that this year.

I am not hungry yet today so I wonder if I have finally gotten all of the foods out of the way that I could not or did not eat for years. It has been this way for several weeks. It is nice. I am trying some new hot teas. I love Chamomile tea but that helps me sleep so I can't drink that during the day. I am not a fan of plain green tea so need to keep trying different ones.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Adi, I had no idea that there were GM zucchini. It's such an easy prolific plant, why mess with it?

I made it through to the weekend, busy week! Tomorrow I'm going to work in the garden, should be fun.

So far, a little more than half of my tomatoes have sprouted. That's 5 days, a record for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I was sure surprised to see the zucchini on his chart and even more surprised at crook neck squash. Maybe that is why they are so prolific. they are engineered.
I was 140.4 this morning and I am 140.6 at bedtime. I hope, hope, hope to see 139 in the morning. Then we go to GA next Wednesday to see DS so I won't see the 139 for long but then it won't take much to get back down again.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

I can now die happy. The scale read 139.2 at 5am this morning. Why am I up at 5am on Saturday morning??? I am sending some animals to the auction and the one that sells goats is an hour and a half away so I have to help DH load and get him off on his journey early. Maybe if I waited until 7 to weigh I would have seen 138 and missed 139 all together. I am going to do a modified potato day and see where I go tomorrow.
It isn't daylight yet so I am waiting a bit to go feed babies since they are a terror to feed anyway. In the dark would not be good.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh adi, that is SO wonderful! Congrats!

I am sick. Darnit. After two bad weekends in a row I gave DH an assignment to plan a nice evening out for us and now I am sick! Grrrr

Had a couple of really great LC days, wasnt even tempted etc and then after emergency snow day and now LC food prepared, we ordered pizza for dinner, I intended to just eat the toppings but was so hungry I dove right in. Ugh. I am a mess. Wish I coul dget a handle on myself.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss - don't beat yourself up. Since I discovered JUDDD, I can enjoy foods like that as long as it is an UD and it has been so freeing. I can ignore all the goddies that may be in the breakroom on DD's becasue I know I can have it tomorrow if I still want it then. Sorry you are sick. No fun being sick.
It is cooler today and misting and all gray and ugly. Soup weather.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, I remember when I was waiting and hoping to finally see 159 only to be disappointed when I saw 158. Yay! A new decade. I'm glad you got to see it on the scale.

Is it hard to sell your goats? Do you have to vet the new owners to make sure they'll have a good home? That would be the hardest thing for me.

Sorry to hear that you're sick, Lil Miss. Haven't your kids been sick this month? Of course right when you have plans. I always think that getting sick gives you the right the lay about during the day and essentially be lazy. I hope you can get some good rest.

Weight wise I was 154 yesterday. This is the best week I've had staying true to my UD/DD rotations since stopping while I got sick last month. It's really taken me some time to get back into the rhythm of doing it again, but it's feeling good again, finally. I'm happy at this weight, but would like to one day see 149. Maybe next month.