Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 1, January 2013

Here we go Vets!!!!
New month, new year!

Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Who's in?
Back the straight and narrow - I have DD's wedding in June and refuse not to be feeling great!
My short term goal is about 7 lbs!!!
I can do this.

And with a few tweaks, my nurse consultant says that SB is about the healthiest way of eating!!!

How's everyone this first day of the new year?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
I am in or course! I start back on my stuff on Friday this week, so Friday and Saturday will be my loading days, last I checked I was up about 3 pds from the low weight i left off on, I am going to check in the morning and see where I am at and hopefully by Friday can be pretty close to my low weight, feels good to start back right where I left off and know I didnt back slide at all!!

Friday and Saturday of course I will gain some weight cause those are my loading days. But I am prepared to do that.

New Years Eve was pretty mellow, just my bf and his kids and my kids, we all stayed up till midnight and toasted and have a fun evening.

Lets rock it this year gals!!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
Queen Bargain Shopper

Waiting for all to check in for the new year!

I am doing what I am supposed to be doing - I may weigh Thursday, but may wait till I see the nurse next Tuesday.........
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

I am in!

Got an appt. this month with an endocrinologist. I'm hoping to gain some insight into all the ups and down and a plan to deal with them.

Back to a regular schedule this week. Kids headed back to school this morning.

Have a great 2013 beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Oh boy, I am SO in. Wow, I really let myself go. This is clearly the highest I have been since losing my weight back in 2008.

All crap went in the garbage or off to my husband's office this morning. I did keep some SB friendly leftovers we need to use up, but then I need to do some serious menu planning and food shopping. Not only have I been eating off plan foods, but my portion control is way out of whack.

Cindy, I wll be back to using Friday as my official weigh-in day. I'll see what the damage is then, but I figured I might as well have 2 really good days under my belt so I don't die of shock when I get on the scale.

Tina, Let us know how things go with the Endocrinologist. I hope they help you figure things out.

Kelly, good for you!! You must be thrilled to get through the holidays without "backsliding." I wish I could say the same.

In any case, we CAN do this. We've done it before and can do it now!!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Neesie 2x
Stats: 186/177.5/145
Start Date: January 2, 2007
Hi girls -I'm in too!

Day 1 for me today - weighing in on Friday - thinking 2 good days may help flush out some of my recent indulgences - here's hoping!
Sending yesterday's lasagna dinner wo DH's work with him tomorrrow and have buried the chocolates that were in my stocking. Tomorrow I hope to get rid of some of the junk in the cabinets that might be an issue.

Thinking optomistically!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Neesie
Neesie 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Ended up leaving work early yesterday. Caught whatever it was that DH had and it was not pretty. Feeling a bit better today. But now DS has it. He quite sarcastically thanked his dad for it.

I need to make a grocery run soon. Stock up on all the good stuff!

DD has a basketball game today.

I think I need a few more days to recover from the holidays!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should have waited, but I had to know. Ouch! The scale was not pretty at all. I've got a lot of work to do.

Just finished up a 5-mile run and made an egg beater omelet. One meal at a time, I will get this weight off!!

Hope you feel better soon Tina!

Nice to see you check in, Neesie.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi Beachers!

The prodigal returneth, lol! My schedule probably won't let me post much under normal circumstances, but I'm still on Christmas break until Tuesday.

I am IN! I am determined that this will be the year that I meet my goal. I fell short a few years ago, then slowly crept up again, putting back on half of what I'd taken off. I need to lose 30-35 lbs., and this time I WILL do it.

I started 2 days ago and I'm already down 2.8 lbs. (yeah, it's all water, I know, but at least I am not nearly so bloated now! I ate a lot of crap over the holidays).

Here's wishing us all success!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #11
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY!!! Another Vet returns!

I am off to Nashville!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jazmai
Stats: 224
Hi all thanks for the welcome, its Atkins I am interested in..i must not have set my notifications properly because I didnt get notified of any replies..:=( , I am menu planning and cutting back on carbs a lot at the moment, i need everything set in stone , i am not flexible expecially in the first few days, cos all i can think about is carbs,,the kids go back to school monday after the xmas break, so will be able to think straight!
Jazmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Day 1 back on my stuff today woohoo. I have 40 days which puts me finishing the day before V-day Good timing I know lol. I will not be drinking any booze this time during my 40 days, that kinda messed me up last time. We shall see how it goes

I am going shooting tomorrow with Michael at the indoor range, he bought himself a new gun for xmas, I havent shot a gun in years! I am excited. Other than that, not much else going on this weekend, major grocery shopping so I can stock up on all the things I need to stay OP.

My weigh in this morning, I was still up 3 pds from my siggy weight, after I am done loading today and tomorrow I am going to update my siggy weight and then I can watch it go down as I lose

Have a great weekend ladies,

Kelly
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies!
Weighed in this morning and much to my surprise I didn't gain at all over the holidays. Seems unlikely considering how I ate for the past month but I am not going to argue!!!

Weekend will be rough food wise - going to my brother's in NH tomorrow to visit for the holiday then to see my Mom in Mass. Not sure what SIL has planned for lunch but I know it won't be LC!

So probably won't check in tomorrow so have a great weekend ladies!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi - peeking in from Nashville!
Staying on the beach pretty well.....
Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all,

Off to Dallas in the morning. I've been pretty good this weekend and I'm seeing some lbs come off - but, boy, I really have a long way to go.

The good news is we got all the Christmas decorations put away today. It was a lot of work, but now I won't be stressing over it when I get back from this trip.

Cindy D, I've only been to Nashville once, but I loved it. Hope you are having a great time.

Cindy C, glad to see you check in here! We miss you...

Neesie, Woo Hoo!! No gain? That is awesome.

Kelly, good luck for the next 40 days! FYI. I've been cutting way back on the wine, beer, etc. I had far too many cocktails over the holidays.

Tina, how are you feeling?

Hope you all have a great week and the lbs continue to melt off!!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FYI. On my way to the airport soon, but wanted to report in another .5 lb gone for a total of 4.5 lbs so far. I can't believe I let myself go this badly off plan, but at least I am directionally correct now...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #18
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Wiz!
Ate ok over the weekend, but not stuff I normally do.
Hitting it hard today.
I was down .6 last week - I'll take it, but hoping didn't go the other way this week!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers

Feeling better today, but DH isn't. he's headed to a med express after work/DD basketball game. He had what I had, then went to his sinuses, now in his chest. He said it hurts to breath. He prob should NOT have waited so long to go to the doctor! MEN

Wiz - Have a good trip.

Cindy - Good luck on your weigh in.

Luisa - back. Good to see you here!

Kel - 40 days! You can do it!

Have a great SB day!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Things are going ok so far! Yesterday was my first day of super low cal. I made it through. I even resisted movie theatre popcorn!! I chewed gum instead lol. We finally got to see Django last night, Jamie Foxx is amazing!!

I didnt get to weigh in this morning cause I had stayed over at Michaels. But I have updated my details with my weight as of yesterday so I can watch it go down My next temptation will be bday cake, I am attending 2 parties this coming weekend, so I just have to stay away from the snacks and cake!

Anyway, this week is going to seem long, its been awhile since I worked a full week.

Wiz- Have fun in Dallas, I used to live there

Cindy- I am jealous you went to Nashville, Ive never been there, but would like to check it out out someday.

Tina- Hope your fam gets to feeling better.

Neesie- Good to see you lady

Both Cindys- Hello

Time to get back to work

Kelly
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi beachers!

My stomach still doesnt feel that great! I am OVER this crap! DD is now sick. DH has an acute sinus infection. They gave him a breathing treatment at the office yesterday and sent him home with steriods, cough meds and an antibiotic.

You are doing great Kel!!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Weighed in this morning and I am down several pounds Woohoo! That def gives me motivation to keep going.

Tina- Sorry your fam is sick, that sucks! Everyone around me at work is sick and I am trying my dardnest not to catch it!

The Bachelor started up last night, but I couldnt stay awake to watch the whole thing, watched like half of it. Also a new Catfish was on, but I will have to watch it online today, cause it comes on super late at night.

Not much else going on, just another day at the office. Have a great week girls!!

Kelly
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gang, this is going to be a quick check-in!

So far, so good on eating while traveling. I have really been able to stick with Phase 1, with the exception of a glass of wine I had with colleagues today after our meetings. And I got to the gym this morning at the hotel. But of course, until I get home and weigh in, I just don't know....
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #24
Queen Bargain Shopper

Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Was down another pd today, might have been more but I got into the sf chocolates last night lol.

Not sure if you guys saw but I died my hair red- super red lol last night. I love it though, its kinda shocking.

Heading to the gym tonight for workout and tan. Im getting my body ready for my Hawaii trip

Anyone watching The Bachelor? There is a gal from the town I live in on this season, she was already crying the first night, so dont think she will last long lol.

Not much else to report in my world, still plugging along, looking forward to breaking into the 170s!!

Kelly
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies!
Doing good this week after a way off plan weekend. Will weigh in on Friday and hopefully will see a little loss.
Tonight is pasta night in my house - Dreamfields which really isn't any different the the regualr stuff - but i did not have any. I made a big pan of chi9cken and brocolli alfredo. One of my go-to low-carb dishes. Tasty, filling and lots of protein.

Not working out at all - no time - well that's a not true - I have the time at night but can't work out that late - I'd be up all night. DH gave me some cash for Christmas so I am going to look into the Yoga class in town. Need some flexibilty - evertyhing hurts from sitting on butt all day.

Anyway -
Wiz - my tree is still up and my mantle still decorated. Working on it though.

Cindy - why Nashville? Don't hink I heard why you went there??

Kelly - hey lady! Are we gonna see a pic of your new hair? Been doing a medium red brown for my hair the past few times. It was so dark before - trying to lighten it up a bit.

Tina - am sooo afraid of getting that damn flu!! Even stayed away from book club tonight - lots of teachers in the group = germ fest!!! Luckily I work at home so that cut my chances down a bit but DH and DD can still bring it home to me. Would NOT be happy!!

So that's my check in for today - talk to you all on Friday!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Neesie I posted a pic of the new hair this morning on FB, if you click on my page you will see it
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hi Gals is there room for one more? I think this is the right place for me to be. Starting Phase 1 tomorrow. Tired of trying different low carb versions of eating and going to lower my fat in take. So I'll be popping in with maybe a menu and letting you know if the scale is going in the right direction. See you tomorrow.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #29
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon, I find that if I really stick to SB, it works for me. It's not quick but it brings me results. And I feel like I am eating a healthy diet.

Don't get me wrong, I am not quite as low fat as I should be...for example, I do eat small amounts of bacon. I just cannot stand that turkey bacon. I would much rather have 1 strip of regular!

In any case, good luck as you restart!

Kelly, the lbs are flying off you!! Congrats.

Neesie, I make a creamy chicken/broccoli casserole too. Both my husband and I love it. I may have to make it over the weekend, haven't done it in a while.

I am anxious to get home from this trip to see what the scale says. Yesterday was a tough eating day...we served a sit-down hot lunch to our customers in our briefing center. It was chicken, but it had a rich sauce and some kind of batter on the chicken (which I scraped off, without being too obnoxious in a formal dining situation ). And I ate the veggies, leaving the rice and roll and CHEESECAKE. But then we all went to a Mexican restaurant last night. Things kinda went downhill...oh well.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Down another pd today I sure hope I can keep losing 1 pd per day, I would be happy with that lol, but I know that prob wont happen, my body will put a stop to things at some point.

Im hitting the gym again tonight and then staying over at Michaels, I packed my own dinner in case whatever they are having is something I cant have. Preparation is key for me!

Im a lil worried about the weekend, those always get me, going out with the girls tomorrow night, but I plan to skip the booze, I am going to stick to diet soda. Then Saturday and Sunday I have bday parties, which means I have to say no to cake both days and any other stuff they are serving like pizza and chips and stuff. Lord give me strength to say no lol.I can do this!!! I just keep thinking about the payoff on the scales come Monday morning, I could be in the 170s if I stick to plan, if I go off there is no way I will make it!

You know a strategy I have used in the past that has worked, I convince myself the stuff is gross and is covered in maggots and has mold on it lol. Its amazing what you can tell yourself in your mind and it works!

Anyway, back to work for me, have a great day ladies.

Kelly