Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Kelly that sounds way too yummy! Be careful with that Enjoy your weekend ladies.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #62
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

On my way to weigh in yesterday, I told my partner I will be glad if I am down even a tenth of a lb.

I weighed........I was down JUST a tenth of a lb.
And I am annoyed!
Could have been the salt from the day before, but my body wants to HANG ON to the weight I am at! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The nurse coach I am working with told me to start tracking and see what happens. We will meet next week and see where I am at and what I am doing. It is SO Frustrating - I just want to lose 7 right now and I can't seem to budge!!! I am not going to do anything drastic to get there though.

Kelly - good luck this weekend! You can do it!
Luisa - I am allowing myself like ONE light beer a weekend.....it tasted good last night!
Sharon - walking is good - just plain moving is good!

Off to the treadmill and then meeting a friend for coffee!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #63
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Just came back from a chilly but nice 4-mile walk with Joe.

So, I was going like gangbusters losing weight, but now I am really stuck. The scale does not want to move. I, like Cindy, am feeling frustrated. So of course, that led me to go off plan last night.

Oh well, I decided not to weigh in today and just get back on the wagon this morning. We are heading to Philly for tomorrow night to celebrate my brother's 50th. I am using Marriott points so we have free hotel rooms. It should be a very fun evening. I am sure I will be imbibing some adult beverages, but I will try to keep my food intake on plan.

Tina, I just finished The Patriarch, about Joseph P. Kennedy. It was a fascinating read - he was not a nice guy, let's just leave it at that. Not sure what my next book will be, but regardless it will be shorter and full of fluff. I can't do two serious, long reads back-to-back!! Probably a mystery/thriller on my Kindle.

Glad to see everyone checking in!! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend...

2014 Running Miles: 390
2014 Walking Miles: 308
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy and Wiz we are all stuck. It's so frustrating!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Was down another pd this morning That makes me smile everytime I see the scale going down.

I am currently making a pot of beanless chili so I have stuff to eat, I used turkey sausage in this batch, havent done that before, so we will see how it tastes.

Just hanging out with my kiddos today, and doing laundry, its super cold here, everything is glazed in a lil ice ,but the sun is coming out so I am sure it will quickly melt off.

Cindy- Hang in there you can do it!!

Have a great rest of the weekend ladies

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning Vets!

Not a great eating weekend, reining it back in today!

We watched Trouble with the Curve this weekend. I love Clint Eastwood!

DD is finally done with basketball. Now she is hounding me to go have fake nails put on. (She saved her birthday money from November to have them done) Uhg, teenage girls!

Have a great start to the week Beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #68
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi All!
Doing well other than freezing my tushy off!

Late night at work - it's pretty quiet although was busy and away from my desk till like 5:30 - it's 6 now and only an hour to go...........shhhhhhh.

Tina - I don't know that I would do acrylics again, so have dd think carefully about what she wants put on.....I took mine off Sept 22 and they are almost grown out, but I was pretty diligent with care.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doesn't false nails weaken you real nails?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #70
Queen Bargain Shopper

They do if you leave them on for 15 years like I did!
I have been diligent and have had a quicker turnaround than most.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

Good eating day yesterday. Got menus planned out for the week. I'm ready to go

Cindy - IDK why she even wants the fake ones. She's spent tons of (my) money on the press on kind (which she super glues on), wears them for a few hours and peels them off and puts them in the garbage. I am always telling her I should have just put $5 in the garbage can.

Kel - You are losing soooo well!

Wiz - DH got me 8 books for christmas! Mostly James Patterson. I've read about 4 of them so far. Right now I am reading Private London.

Luisa - I'm so glad to see you back!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Weight was still at 177 this morning, I was up a lil yesterday from the weekend, that tends to happen to me. Always a lil too much of this or that, but thats ok, I should see another loss on the scales tomorrow and hopefully everyday the rest of this week

I have an early dinner meeting tomorrow with coworkers, its at a sports bar, but I wont be drinking and there really isnt much I can have on the menu either, I may order a salad and just bring my own dressing in my purse to put on it? I dont really know what else to do lol.

I was supposed to have my tatt appt yesterday, but they called and the guy has the flu, so its been moved to Saturday, which is prob for the best because I was supposed to have a job interview today and didnt want a sore arm, but now that got moved to Thurs lol. So today I am all dressed up for nothing! Dang it and now I have to find something else nice to wear on Thursday. I had to go through my dress clothes last night cause i have lost so much weight, I wasnt sure what would fit and what wouldnt lol. So back to the closet for more shopping lol.

Not much else going on in my world, going to the gym tonight with Michael we meet there a couple times a week, we call it our date night lol.

Heres to losing a few more pounds this week!!

Kelly
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #73
Queen Bargain Shopper

Tracking going well - maybe shoulda done this long time ago!

Went to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Neesie has seen her too - OMG was she freaking amazing!!!!

Off to work and then cut and color tonight - not one night home this week - I am pooped!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #74
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all,

I feel like a train wreck....was losing weight and doing well, then I go de-railed last week and gained some back. I am just all over the place. I'm back at it this week, but gosh I need some consistency.

Sharon, I see you are stuck as well. I think my biggest problem is wine. I need to totally give up any alcohol for a couple of weeks. Not only is it empty calories, but it breaks down my willpower not to overeat as well.

Cindy, I bet that was a great concert, would love to see Grace Potter.

Kelly, you are really doing so well. I need to follow your example!

Tina, James Patterson is always an entertaining read!! 8 books should keep you busy for a while....

I don't know about you all, but it is so darn cold here. 6 degrees this morning. Ugh!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all,

I feel like a train wreck....was losing weight and doing well, then I go de-railed last week and gained some back. I am just all over the place. I'm back at it this week, but gosh I need some consistency.

Sharon, I see you are stuck as well. I think my biggest problem is wine. I need to totally give up any alcohol for a couple of weeks. Not only is it empty calories, but it breaks down my willpower not to overeat as well.

I don't know about you all, but it is so darn cold here. 6 degrees this morning. Ugh!!
I hear you Wiz. Fortunately I don't have a problem with alcohol just have to lower my fats consumption. I need to find a happy balance. Going to the doctor helped me realize that not everything you read or hear is always best for you and your personal body. I wish I was more into exercise. I know that would really help. I am constantly fighting with bad knee and pain.

It's so good to see all the success. You all keep me encouraged. Have a nice Wednesday.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Was down another pd this morning Had a good work out last night and then Michael and I went out to dinner at this chicken place that is across the street from the gym, it was called Fresh Grill. I had a roasted chicken breast wrapped in lettuce, it was really yummy and right up my alley since I cant have all the bread and stuff for a sandwich!

Tonight is my evening out with my coworkers, so have to eat out again and find something I can have lol. Man that is a challenge sometimes.

Not much else going on, Michael and I want to go see Movie 43, it comes out this Friday, looks hilarious and there are soooo many major actors in it, anyone seen the previews? Its a goofy comedy.

Well time to get to work, come on Wiz you can give up booze for a bit, I have!! Havent drank since NYE.

Happy Humpday

Kelly
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Drs. Appt at 10:30! Hope to learn something good about this thyroid business!

I'm really hating this cold weather we are having right now. Makes me want to go straight home and curl up in bed with a book and my heating blanket! Which is what I did last night.

Happy Thursday Beachers!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #78
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just came back from the dentist...would you believe that I only have 2 fillings in my entire mouth, but of course, one of them got broken! In any case, it was pretty minor, all things considered.

So my wacky unpredictable body seems to be losing again. I am about a 1/2 lb from where I was at the beginning of last week. So down about 6 lbs since New Year's. I just hope it continues this downward trend and I don't get another huge spike.

Kelly, Sharon: On the alcohol front, it's not like I drink a ton and I enjoy what I do have , but nonetheless, I need to really limit or omit it for a while. It's certainly not helping me!

Tina, I am sure you really want to find out some answers from this Dr. I hope you get things figured out.

We have zero plans this weekend and there's no football to watch....looks like a good weekend to drag Joe to the movies!!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Job interview this morning, so I am all dressed up, its between me and 1 other person, so I guess I have a good shot, we shall see what happens

I was down another pd this morning, cruising right along! I was even out with coworkers last night, had a really good salad for dinner and stuck to diet soda even when people were offering to buy me drinks lol.

Im heading to the gym tonight since I didnt make it there last night!

Im glad its close to Friday, I am ready for the weekend, I have my tattoo appt on Saturday, so I am excited about that too.

Not much else to report, have a great Thursday.

Kelly
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #80
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo Kelly!! You are really doing well.

I must say that I had a great week on the scale. Last week's spike must have been an anomaly (hormones, ToM, who knows?) Because I am back to where I started two weeks ago. Down just over 6.5 lbs since Jan. 2nd.

I've already warned Joe that I plan on being really, really good this weekend. So no tempting me to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant, etc. I want to maintain or even lose this weekend. Even if it is just a smidge on the scale.

Jeans are starting to fit a bit better, but I still need to get 5 more lbs off before I will be comfortable in them. It is amazing how quickly I can gain weight and how slowly it comes off!!

I hope you all have a great weekend...we're expecting snow today.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wiz I'm so happy for you and the scale, lol. I'm finding that if I add a little more fruit my body likes it and shows it on the scale in little bits. We are still trying to find our groove here. Each body is so different.

for all the losers this morning. It's a lot of work but so rewarding!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Weight was the same this morning, but I guess I cant expect I will lose everyday lol. I bought new jeans today, 2 new pair in sizes smaller, woohoo! That is a win for me

Not a whole lot planned this weekend, gonna stay all weekend over at Michaels but I have my food packed so Im prepared. Tattoo appt tomorrow, I will make sure and post a pic

Have a great weekend ladies,

Kelly
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

Can't believe the week went by so fast!

I'm down by 6.38 pounds since Jan. 2. I really don't know how I lost some the last few days, because I had too much wine (like Wiz, this is one of my downfalls) and comfort food because of a cold I've been dealing with all week. I also haven't walked as much as I usually do because of the weather (snow and very high winds - knocked out our power on Weds. morning and I had to get ready for work in the dark with no hot water, no heat and of course no light! ).

Kelly - WTG on the smaller sizes! That's great.

Wiz - I'm glad your scale is cooperating again.

Tina - What did you find out from the doctor?

Cindy - Tracking helps me a lot.

Have a great week, everyone!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #84
Queen Bargain Shopper

Still no budge on the scale!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Off and running Beachers - hope we all have a great week!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Weight was still the same this morning, I had a crazy weekend food wise, so its no wonder I didnt lose anything

I ended up drinking on Saturday night, which I know I said I wasnt going to do, but my arm was so sore from my tatt and everyone else was drinking, so I had vodka and diet soda, drank 2 of them and I was drunk lol. Cheap date I guess. But I also ate some food I shouldnt have that night as well. Drinking makes me make bad food choices!

Back at it today, I am hoping to reach 171 this week which is my all time low adult weight, then of course going below that will be virgin territory for me!Cant wait

Im wearing my new smaller jeans today and have received several compliments already, that always feels good.

Well time to get back to work, here is todays menu just in case you guys wonder what I eat:

b- cottage cheese and 2 melba toast
l- turkey hot dog and green beans
s- apple
d- parmasan encrusted tilapia and green beans

Kelly
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Kel - Hope you make your goal this week! How exciting!

Cindy -

Luisa - The meds I take are FAT soluable. The more weight I lose, possibly the less meds I need. She thinks I need testing more often. She has me scheduled for bloodwork the first week of March and again Midmay. Hopefully I'll have anoth 10-20 lbs gone before the March bloodwork.

Wiz - How was your weekend?

Sharon -

Lets kick the week off right!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #87
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Business trip, back on Thursday night. My work is going nuts! Hope you all have a good week, I plan on being as strict as I can be while on the road...
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Was down a pd this morning, took long enough, that drinking on Saturday really messed me up!!

I am going grocery shopping today, need to re-stock up on stuff. Plus I have to get the stuff to make my sons bday cake, he turned 14 today! I feel old lol.

Im off work on Friday, my company put a new policy into place that we have to use up our vacation time from last year within the first 3 months of this year, no more saving it up. So I picked random Fridays here and there to give myself 3 day weekends, so that will be nice since I have to get everything ready for the bday party we are having on Saturday anyway.

I found out yesterday that my bf is planning a suprise trip outta town for Valentines Day Im pretty excited and he wont tell me where we are going. I am guessing the beach for the night, but not totally sure. Either way, it will be awesome, we have never been outta town overnight together.

Anyone else have any vday plans?

Hope your all hanging in there!

Kelly
Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #89
Queen Bargain Shopper

VETS!!!!!
I was down 2 lbs!

I weighed yesterday at home and couldn't believe it!
Maybe this plateau has passed.

The nurse coach said that with really so little to lose at this point (I would like to lose more, but honestly at this age, I think too much would age me.....) that my body is hanging on for dear life and not wanting to go into starvation mode.

Got 9 inches of snow yesterday! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Off to Thursday - I forgot to post yesterday and let you know my great news!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy - Thats great! Not so great about the snow. I am sooooo over winter!

Kel - trip for valentines sounds great!

Down another lb today! woot woot