Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Yes, please tell us how Copper is. I am not sure how you managed getting him to the vets even with help
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #242
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Frigid here today!

GRACE POTTER CONCERT TONIGHT!!!!

How's Copper?
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 AM   #243

Frigid here too. Maybe not as cold as where you live Cindy. They say we have never had this low a high temp for the day in many years.

I have a cold and plan on staying inside but Mirsa and DH have to stand outside waiting for their White House tour today. It is at 10:30 but you line up until they let you in to go through security check points. Poor little Mirsa(4'11" if that) is not used to cold.

Don and Billy did have tickets for the innauguration but the seats were so close they actually had scaffolding and structures obstructing even the screen to watch. They left and went to a cigar bar type restaurant and watched on TV. So not all tickets mean good viewing. They still liked seeing everything but felt they would get more out of it being able to see and hear the speech and oaths.

So it has been a little over a week since I started this diet. I lost 5 pounds and one seems to have come back. I guess with fluid shifts. I should be happy where I am but I fear losing control of my eating again. I planned a high carb day today because I run tonight but I am not running if I feel sick later. What stinks is I was going to eat oatmeal and I am out of spinach for my omelete. I am starving and may just do as I planned as I want to experiment with lower carb mixed with three higher days with carbs like oats,bread,rice in the earlier part of the day. I should be happy at 120 but being small framed and barely 5 feet I like to get lower. I just don't stay there.

Trying to find a happy medium seems the task I find hard. Not sure how people maintain. I go up and down 5 pounds but that is a lot of weight for me to go up bing small.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Debbie, I have a cold too and I'm NOT happy! Gracie has a 104* temp so I dropped some Motrin and Tylenol off to Kim cuz she used all hers through the night.

Weigh in tomorrow, this is the first time in I don't know when that I'm excited for weigh ins!

Debbie, good job on the loss! My leader once said that if it constantly went down you might be dead!!! I always thought it was funny cuz she had such a cute sense of humor!

Worried about Copper, wish MK would check in!!!

Cindy, have fun at the concert!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Just was texting with MK, her Internet is out so she can't post. She said that Cooper is limping badly and he but her husband, so they're in the ER now. Saying prayers for her right now!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #246

I really shouldn't complain because I was almost 5 pounds heavier 10-11 days ago. I probably lost too fast and now I am getting sick. No fever. Runny nose. Had sore throat but better since awake. Need to get a humidifier for the night. Will send DH later.

It is -2 windchill and they are going to be waiting outside soon. He took her to the Willard Hotel for tea while waiting to line up.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #247

Becky, hope Gracie and you are OK. I am sure you will have a good weigh in. I weigh daily if dieting.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

So do I, Debbie. Or at least every other day and how sweet of Don! I want him for an inlaw! Do u adopt him out?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #249

Thanks for texting MK Becky. That was smart. Poor Copper,MK and Her DH. It is hard when a pet gets old.

Tried to eat gluten free oats I bought. Yuck. Through away. I have another kind I do like but I don't want them any more had two hard boiled eggs and some ham( with mustard). Might go out to grocery because I am out of many of my low carb staples. I go through tons of eggs, spinach,low fat Swiss cheese, tomatoes. I eat so many omelets and hard boiled eggs. I need other options. Need to cook up a lot of meat again. I have hamburgers for tonight since we didn't eat them last night. I was going to make salmon. I froze it and may have when DH is away. He leaves tomorrow.

They should be in the White House now.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #250

My husband is very special. Yours is too Becky. They all have different strengths. Mine can't fix a thing in the house and can't use a power tool. We have to hire someone to do it all.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Ink trade u for kenney (step father in kaw) in FACT... I'm gig him away FREE to a good home! Lol. Shudda trader him for Mandy and saved myself $85!!!! I love love lie my inland but Stepdad takes a little extra effort. Sometimes he's fun and nice but mostly what I hear is how HE thinks John should be living his life!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #252

I am lucky because my mom remarried and Bill is wonderful. It is sad because he is aging and has lung disease. I have to plan a trip down there. Not sure when. My schedule is done through March at work.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Morning girls-

We had a quiet relaxing weekend. (only one water polo game)
My DH that never takes a day off actually took yesterday off.

MK, hope Copper starts to feel better soon and you get good news from the vet.

Cindy, glad your tracking is going well. I keep hearing from DS19 how cold it is there, I'm sure you are just as cold! (they had more than 15 inches of snow yesterday and he said it was still snowing really hard)

Becky, thanks for the Copper update for MK. You are doing so great with Jenny! (hope Gracie feels better quickly!)

Debbie, hope some rest in a quiet house will help you feel better quickly.

to everyone else.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #254

Kelly, I am sure he gets lake effect snow. It is funny but large amounts of snow are dealt with so well in the north. Here everything stops.

My husband has posted one photo so far. He is working from home later.

I need to go buy Sudafed,kleexex and something to suck on like Halls.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, i got some stuff when I got Gracie's Tylenol and Motrin. Took a dose of my severe sinus congestion and pain med as soon as I got home.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, they do get lake effect snow and he said they deal with it really well. He seems to be having fun playing in the snow just said its really really cold.
Everything stops here for rain, like a snow storm where you are (or where we are from) Its funny though to watch people freak out about rain. (as long as you don't have to drive anyway, that is scary!)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #257

So how is the weather there in Mid July Kelly, DH's cousins are coming with us. Well some of them. Maybe his brother and wife. Coming July 10-14. Four night and five days. Basically we want to relax in the sun, hike and run the trails and spend time together. DH and I are getting room comped again. He plans to have convention there March 2015 so they do that for him.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

July is usually gorgeous here, May and June are the months when our weather tends to be not so great. You should have sunny days in the mid/high 70's and cooler nights, you'll definitely want a jacket after the sun goes down most of the time in the evenings. There might still be a little coastal fog in the mornings but usually by July it burns off really quickly in the mornings. We don't have much humidity and we did have some cold weather this winter so we don't have many bugs when you are on the trails you won't need to worry about mosquitos or anything like that. (there are rattlesnakes if you get in the dessert areas though, but usually not around the coastal trails)

Be prepared for a lot of people in July since July and early August are the biggest tourism months here. You'll have a great time I'm sure!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #259

I stayed home and DH is at our track workout. I made him baked ziti for one he gets home. I think I will text DS21 and tell him to come home tomorrow and eat some because DH will be gone till Friday night.

My nose is a faucet but I don't feel horrible because my throat no longer hurts.
Just wish Sudafed dried me out. It did nothing. It will keep me awake if I take it at night so will wait till the morning.

today ended up being a decent day eating. I find low carb relatively easy accept if we eat out. Low carb and gluten free out hard. I am not going to stay super low carb but just not ready to loosen things up yet.
Poor Sarah DS21 's GF is trying to lose weight and not being successful. She asks for advice. I told her maybe a dietitian can help her. I don't want to tell her how to eat. I did tell her to write down what she eats. She really doesn't eat a lot but does like sweets.

I did go out today and the cold really didn't seem so bad. I would have run if I wasn't so congested but running stuffed up is not so great.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #260
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Copper is better, but DH tried to get him to go for a walk and accidentally hurt him . . . and Copper bit him!

So we spent the morning in the ER . . .

This week needs to end now!

And the internet is having issues . . . I'll be back when I can!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #261

Your poor husband. Hope they put him on Augmentin( unless allergic to cillins) and gave him a DPT shot if he wasn't up to date.

MK it has not been a good week for you. Do they know what is wrong with Copper?

I can't sleep well. It is the stuffy runny nose. It is 1:54. I think I slept an hour maybe.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm up too Debbie and feeling miserable. This cold needs to leave!

Going to try going back to bed. See ya all in the morning.

Mk, I hope everything is a bit calmer now!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #263

I don't sleep well when I take Sudafed. I took it around 1200.

Oh well. I am not going anywhere tomorrow. If I am tired enough maybe I will sleep.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #264
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SO TIRED!
Didn't get home till 11:30, in bed at midnight, couldn't get warm, weird dreams and then alarm went off at 5:30!

But Grace Potter was AMAZING! She is one freaking female rocker, playing a flying V, keyboards and drums. I am enthralled with her!

MK! Poor DH and Copper!
Debbie and Becky - hope you feel better!
Hi Kelly!

Off to work early and cut and color after work. I am ready for the weekend!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a restless night too, ready for this cold to be over with. I wonder how Gracie feels?
She wanted to spend the night with us but I know if I make it another night other than Thursday she won't believe me that I have to work the next day. I called off for today but next week would be upsetting for her.

I need to pick Guinie's brass plate up today after I go to Jenny Craig. I was going to do it yesterday but I got in the car and then just came back inside, I just didn't have it in me to drive the measly 4 miles to get it. I had Guinevere "Guinie" Adams. June 1998-January 2013 engraved on it and I left the print to the desecration of the engraver. All I cared about was what it said. Once I put the plate on the box it's finished. Can't wait to see her plate tho.

I hope I lose this week, having a little trouble going to bathroom so in a little worried about the loss.

Mandy is sleeping beside me on the bed inside her kitty bed. She wants Mia to play with her so bad but Mia is still trying to impress us with her grumpy attitude towards her. Mia wants to play and Mandy has her really really close to coming down off her high horse.

See ya all after weigh in. Toodles....
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #266

I do not know Grace Potter. I guess I am not into much newer music. I think I know more then DH though.

I think I fell asleep around 4 or so and have been up since 6:30.

I need to buy hair color. Wish I did it yesterday. It is too cold to go outside right now and I am lay.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #267

Lazy!!!! Laying in bed long nothing right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #268

Becky, looking forward to hearing about your weigh in.

I went back to sleep a while. I can finally breath from right side of my nose so I am getting better. Yea!!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
I started to post this morning and then got a little sidetracked...

My grandpa is back in the hospital. He now has pneumonia and when they were testing for other stuff they found what they think is a small cancer on one kidney. The doctor said it might be a blessing in disguise since they can deal with it while its small and causing no symptoms. He's still anemic from the ulcer and they have to wait for him to stabilize before they do surgery, but they think it can be done laproscopically so at least that sounds not so bad. Prayers please!

Anyway, I chatted with DS19 last night. They have ALOT of snow. It sounds like he is having fun playing in it, but not liking trudging to class cold and wet. He was cracking me up telling me about their snowman. They built a HUGE snowman (he thought about 10 ft tall) To put the top on it they had to get a ladder and put the two tallest guys on ladders to hand up the last snowball. (both guys on the ladder are well over 6', one of them is about 6'5 or so) They built it late at night, so no pics and the snow plows knocked it down so its already gone but it sounded like they had fun.

MK, you've had quite the week. Glad Copper is feeling a little better, sorry he bit your DH. Hope the dog bite wasn't too bad.

Debbie, hope you feel better soon. Sudafed (and other stuff like it) will dry my out pretty quickly, but like you it keeps me up for a really long time. So, when I have a cold or allergy issues I can take it and breathe but not sleep or not take it and not breathe (which means I don't sleep well either) Frustrating!

Cindy, I'll have to google Grace Potter too. I tend to listen to the same stuff over and over or just whatever DS15 decides he's in the mood for. He's all over the place with his music taste but mostly he likes older stuff.

Becky, it sounds like Mandy is fitting in and becoming part of the family. I'm sure Mia will come around soon.
I'm sure it will take time to get to the place that thinking about Guinie just brings a sad smile to your face.
We're all excited to hear how your weigh in goes. You're doing great! You've had a lot going and still staying on plan. Keep up the GREAT work!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #270

Cooked up a batch of crack slaw with ground turkey.

Put away laundry. Need to go do some work on the computer.

I am breathing better but still have a very runny nose. I have gone through three boxes of Kleenex. Two were small boxes with lotion. I may have to buy mire because I have only one box left.

I keep putting off the computer work.