Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
The last house we lived in practically had an orchard. We had grape vines, "cuties" a HUGE (and incredibly messy) orange tree, avacados, and peaches. We also had raised beds and asparagus, artichokes, & tomatoes came up on their own every year. I had quite the nice garden spring/summer/fall.
It was a LOT of work though.

Now I just have "margarita" trees, one lemon, one lime. They smell divine when they bloom, but not as good as the HUGE orange tree always did.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #212
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

DH is off to Kansas City, MO, to visit his mom who is recovering from a stroke.
So I get a weekend for me.
I'm ready for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

MK - hope all is well with DH....you sound frazzled.
Totally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmmm71 View Post
Maybe with some support i can reach my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
I can't wait til spring
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Do I have to take a few days off and go find Mk? Kaye too? I just can't keep track of those kids!!!!

Better run, don't anyone else run away! I only have enough gas in my car to search for 2 shorties!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
I can't imagine having fruit trees and being able to pick fruit for home.
I envious too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
The last house we lived in practically had an orchard. We had grape vines, "cuties" a HUGE (and incredibly messy) orange tree, avacados, and peaches. We also had raised beds and asparagus, artichokes, & tomatoes came up on their own every year. I had quite the nice garden spring/summer/fall.
It was a LOT of work though.

Now I just have "margarita" trees, one lemon, one lime. They smell divine when they bloom, but not as good as the HUGE orange tree always did.

So jealous!!

And congrats on your new size!!!!

DH brought home dinner tonight and we finished watching Copper.

Cindy - do you like AHS?? I really like season 2.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #214
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Up early due to not being able to sleep.
I watched Castle and Scandal.

I have a coffee date today - it's with a good friend (?) - who I haven't seen since August. I have reached out many times and finally gave up......I am not sure what her issue is, if she has one, but I always remember something I read about friends - it takes two to nurture a friendship. I always feel like it's one sided. I almost contemplated not going - DH told me he wouldn't if he were me............I am going but have a time limit on it as I don't want to sit there for hours..........should be interesting.

I am in the middle of THREE series now on Netflix/Amazon.......Damages, AHS Season 1 and DH and I started Homeland last night...........MK - I am enjoying AHS/1. DD who is a major fan, said she thought I would like 1 over 2. I tried 2......not for me. LOVE Homeland.

Boy Kelly - the lemon and lime trees sound heavenly! I am sure Becky is very envious!
It's nice you have a three day weekend!!

Becky - I am eating alot of salads, but then I get burnt out with them. Again, my nurse coach showed me/told me some thing she does for lunch to get in her veggies......she's not a salad eater. I am going to try those things next week.....some lowfat tzatiki sauce, and some low fat homemade ranch with greek yogurt.

Debbie - did you survive work? I bet you are seeing ALOT of the flu! DD23's DF's sister is a nurse in peds, she just started this fall - says ALOT of little kids coming in with severe flu...........

So will get a work out in, coffee date, need to pick up some groceries.......DD23 informed me she may come home overnight.... DF has an appt here in GB today, and then a show in Neenah - which is halfway between here in Milwaukee.......I really think she should just stay home. She is going to be on the road the next three weekends......home next, doing an engagement shoot in Door County the following weekend (Did I tell you she has started a photography business? and her first client sought HER out!), home the next weekend (the 9th of Feb) for her first dress fitting......and then I go to Milwaukee the 16th for some wedding appointments.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•

Last edited by Radmom413; 01-19-2013 at 05:43 AM..
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #215
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Cindy - too funny about AHS.
I tried Season 1 last year and didn't like it at all. But love Season 2!
Love Homeland. Claire Danes is fabulous!
I finished Damages. Of course, loved it.

Good luck with your coffee date.
And you're right - it takes 2!

DH is on his way to KC . . . guess I should get something accomplished . . . .

Kelly -
Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #216
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
My accomplishment of the day is a 10 mile run.

Need to do a few errands. Not much else. I am sure I will need a nap.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Hey! Alive but still chubby!

Busy week. Had connection issues earlier this week and it forced me to get motivated to declutter around here! Got ALL the holiday stuff put away as well as all the stuff that piles up that needs to find a home or thrown out!
DH came home and said 'Wow, I've never seen both the counters and table clear at the same time!!"
I was sore from carrying stuff up and down stairs and in and out, but felt nice to feel some order in the most visible areas.
Next the mess that is my bedroom!

DD18 and DH have had the plague here, seems more like a cold than the flu. Congestion and coughing. Lots of Kleenex. So they've been feeling crappy and crabby. DD20 and I have been fine *knocks wood*

Becky, Condolences on Guinie. Was sad to read she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. A lucky kitty to have had such a long and loved life with you.
Congrats on Losing so much with Jenny!

MK, Pleased hubby's surgery went fine, though what a 'guy' to not take it easy (and not drive) after! Hugs to you for your MIL. (((hug)))

Cindy, glad you're feeling better! That snow you sent over to me stayed north and missed us! Though we are under a 'Winter Storm Watch' for tomorrow into Monday...Eek!

Kelly, I'll bet you DO miss that wonderful garden at your last house, but don't miss the work! Did it really dip that cold down there?

Deb, I can't imagine how crazy your work must be right now, and that you've avoided the flu yourself! Do you think the peak is over?

Jenn, how did the Pinewood derby go? Always a favorite memory of all Boy Scouts!

Hello and welcome Metalmmm! We 'Vertically Challenged' know how a few pounds on us looks like more than on 'Big People'

I've been good and stayed low carb totally ditching sugar and grains. Stayed the same the whole first week, and by day 9 GAINED a pound. So hard to stay motivated! But I will keep at it as my jeans are uncomfortable!

Must get my behind out of this chair and get some stuff done. Hang in there ladies!
Hugs all around.
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #218

Kaye, you are missed when you don't get here.

Becky, is there a new kitty? I saw a picture of Alyssa on FB holding a cat.

I need to go eat. DS21 and GF in the kitchen and I need room to cook.

Thankfully low carb works for me to lose weight. Unfortunately it robs my muscles of fuel needed to run. Not sure i cn keep it up. My weight is good so will try to figure it out. Thinking high and low days.

I wish they would get out of the kitchen. I need food and it will be eggs(omelete).
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy lazy Saturday morning (for me anyway) I love it when we don't have to hit the ground running!

Last night's dinner with our friend worked out perfectly. DS15 was "required" to do a shift for the huge girls water polo tournament that is here this weekend. (the girls work the clocks/scoretables for the boys, so the coach requires the boys to cover the same when the girls have their tournament) so he was stuck in one place until after 9 giving us a relaxing evening without worrying about what he was up to. I'm sure the boys (or the girls) just *hate* being stuck with cute teenagers for hours.

Cindy, we dropped our cable last summer and watch tv on roku's. The funny thing is I now have more series going than I probably ever have. I'm about halfway through season 3 of Fringe (through Amazon Prime) I watch several current series through Hulu and then Netflix will send me an email to let me know when new episodes appear there on series I'm watching there.

I hope your coffee date is fun this morning. You are right friendship most definitely takes 2 or it isn't really much of a friendship.

We eat a lot of salads, but we also eat a lot of one dish meals & soups so the veggies are already there especially in the winter time.

Debbie, WOW, 10 miles is an accomplishment! I have a big kitchen, but the area where you actually cook isn't that big. It can get really cramped if there is more than one person trying to get something to eat.

MK, enjoy your quiet weekend. I always have stuff to catch up on. Hope your MIL is doing okay.

Kaye, we miss you when you don't pop in! I thought I had all the holiday stuff put away and then saw the wreath that DS15 put on the kitty shelter outside. (apparently Gray Puffball needed some Christmas spirit too) Of course, Gray Puffball rarely goes inside her little house, but she does love to sit on top of it, its a great place to spring into the tree on onto the grass and catch a bird)
And-yes, it really did get that cold here, my heat has kicked on every day for the last 2 or 3 weeks. (we have it set at 62, so brrrr in the house!)

to everyone else, hope your weekend is relaxing with some fun thrown in!

Last edited by kellydawne; 01-19-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #220

My heat is set at 72. I freeze accept when I am sleeping.

Finally ate. 2 whole eggs one white. Upped my cheese by a slice so added 70 calories. It is low fat Swiss. Had tomatoe, spinach and since later in morn added a little shallot.

I made halibut two nights ago and the recipe on the package called for shallot, wine, chicken stock, parley and butter. It was a sauce added after cooking the fish. It was frozen but still expensive but good. I will make it again.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Debbie, I do have a new fur baby... I named her Mandy. I looked at several places and when I see her at the Greene county shelter (the county we live in) and elf her she was "the one" for me. She is trying so hard to be Mia's friend and Mia is in the grumpy cat mode. She come down off her high horde but she has to let the little pink know whose boss.

John is out getting a 5 hour glucose tolerance test done and blood for his high iron. It seems it might be creeping up again.

Just got back from Walmart, got kittie stuff, bird stuff and the ingredients to make reduced fat chick and dumplings that Alyssa is hungry for. I couldn't find any reduced fat grands which is what I usually use so I got reduced fat croissants. I'm Allowed 2 days of my own lower fat days but I haven't been taking tr entire day, just a meal here and there. Dying for dumplings so it was a good idea Lyss had.

Gotta continue cleaning. See ya guys in a bit!

Mk, I hope DH is feeling better!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, the sauce on the fish sounds good. I made a chicken recipe earlier in the week that cooked in a combination of coconut oil, red wine vinegar, shallots, scallions, coconut aminos (you could sub soy sauce) and garlic (and salt/pepper of course) Anyway, the chicken is gone, but the pan is still in the fridge because the warmed up sauce is really tasty added to raw spinach for a wilted spinach salad.

With our heat set at 62 we all have sweats beside the bed and we're dressed for outside as soon as our feet hit the floor. (I have a gas fireplace in the living room and it gets turned on when its chilly in the house. I tend to plop down directly in front of it and not share though)
Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #223

I have a sweater and a light sweat shirt on right now. I get cold especially if I am tired.

Off to run errands. Need to buy hand warmers for DH and DS for Monday. It is going to be bitter cold and they are getting to the inauguration early. They have tickets for seats but want good seats. They will be dressing in Under Armour cold gear too.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #224

Errands done. Folding sitting next to me.

DS28 coming for dinner later. His DF in Richmond with her family and dogs.DS28 works at Treasury and Monday will be crazy. There are tons of extra Secret Service working the inauguration and he will be feeding them. He runs the food there. It is a contract position. He is going to spend the night in his office tomorrow night on an air mattress because he fears getting into DC early Monday will be an issue on the train.

My DH travels Wednesday-Friday to Oakland area. He is having dinner with my brother and family Wednesday night.

OK time to fold the two piles.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, I can't imagine how crazy DC gets at this time every 4 years. Our HS AP government classes went as an "optional field trip."
Remind me before you come this way this summer, hopefully we can get together at least once while you are here.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Making reduced fat chicken and dumplings for dinner. The girls will be back from brads at 7 and then Kim and the girls will follow me back and to our house to eat.

At 425 John FINALLY made peace with Mandy! This has been a long 3 days! Lol
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #227
Queen Bargain Shopper

Those chicken and dumplings sound good Becky!

Had a nice visit with my friend - issues were only in my head.

Good visit with DD23 too - she and the traveling circus arrived yesterday at 1 and were gone by 7:30. FSIL had to be back in Milwaukee by 10 to get into the studio - he didn't get home here till 2:30 from his show. Poor kid.

DH and I are off to breakfast with DD25 and DH - he planned it - then he and DSIL are going to the range............I need to get groceries......DH, for once, requested something: MEATLOAF!

Last edited by Radmom413; 01-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: Trying to watch Homeland and type at the same time! ;)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #229
Princess Proofreader

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Well... Note to self... Reduced fat croissants do not work for chicken and dumplings, only the reduced fat grands. I had a crockpot of cooked flour. So I got a turkey farmhouse salad when I got John, Kim and the girls Arbys.

Just had the Jenny fish and chips. If it was anybody but me they probably would have loved it but I don't like fish in the microwave that has a batter. That's the first thing I haven't been thrilled with so that's really not bad. After this coming week I have had tr complete menu, so not liking the fish and chips doesn't bother me at all.

I have to head back to Kim's in an hour to get the girls.

Bbl girls
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #231
Princess Proofreader

My poor 12 year old dog had to go to the emergency vet.
He did something to his shoulder . . . . and of course DH is out of town at his mom's.

So my neighbor and I had to get him onto his bed and then onto a sled so we could half lift/half slide him down the stairs. He's an 85lb Doberman.
We got him into the car and I took him to the vet.

He sedated him and took x-rays. He'll send them to our vet tomorrow and keep Copper overnight with strong painkillers.
Worse case - bone cancer.
Prayers it's not.
Though he said it often starts this way and even though nothing shows up on the
x-ray now - in about 2 weeks it will.
So he recommends a repeat then.

I've had a long day.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Mk... I will certainly keep Copper in my prayers!!! It seems like when John is out of town is when things happen with our pets too. Tuffy took I'll when John was in CA almost 15 years ago and Guinie took ill on labor day weekend when he was on Canada. And hunter hurt his hip when John was on Salem, MA. I really don't like it when he leads town for that very reason. When will u know something? I hope it doesn't take 2 weeks!!! Maybe your vet will know more when he sees the X-rays.

Girls just left. I'm tired tonight. Maybe cuz I didn't sleep most of the night?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, hope Copper is ok.

Becky, I'm tired too. I think it had something to do with teenage boys chasing each other down the hall at my house at midnight last night.

Cindy, glad things went well with your friend. Sounds like you had a whirlwind day with your DD23.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

I did my Leslie Sansone walk DVD for 35 minutes tonight. Now I'm really tired!!!! Lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #235

Leaving work. It is 11:42.

MK, sorry about the dog. I would think they could see bone cancer. If he can't walk how would you take him home. Sad that he is in pain.

Better drive home and get to bed and do it all over again tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #236
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday!
(Notice the exclamation point? Trying to be excied about the week.)

Oh MK, sorry about Copper! I hope it's nothing serious. That makes me sad because they just can't tell us! Keep us posted please!

Becky - sounds like you are on a good path right now! SO proud of you!

Debbie - Thinking of Don today at the inauguration! I keep telling all my friends here that my friend from Maryland's husband is going!!!

My "tracking" has been going very well, I am surprised. I am using a wonderful app that I have on my phone, iPad and online.

Hope everyone has a good week; I am gone every night this week!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #237

Cindy, sounds like a hard week for you.

MK, keep us updated on your doggy.

Throat getting sore. Hope I can fight getting sick. I am around around so many germs its a wonder I rarely get sick.

DH and DS30 should be getting to the inauguration by now. I can't wait to hear about it. I am sad I can't even watch on TV.

Tomorrow Mirsa and Don have their special White House tour.

Oh and Isabella was at my house last night and I wasn't.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Mk... How's Copper tonight?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, I have an armband that I got from Jenny Craig that they use in tr biggest loser and I LOVE it!!!! I think that's been helping a lot
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #240

Going to bed. Work took everything I had today. Went in feeling sick. Sore throat and stuffy nose. Glands swollen. Hope it doesn't get worse. Tomorrow is going to be a lazy day.

Will go watch TV. Want to see innauguration replays.