Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Off to work. Left early to take DH to metro. Have 45 minutes to kill.

Weight up two pounds from last week. So I am on meat and eggs for two days. Lots of fat. Only carbs in the mayo. I hope I can do 2 days since I am at work and DH away. Tuesday I will add veggies and cheese. I should drop the two pounds but then what??

Hope you feel better Cindy.

MK I know you only have 12 hours. Enjoy your son's visit.

I am going to get tea before work. Stopping to get gum too. I don't want to breath acetone breath on people and will if I cut carbs for the next week or so. Can't stay low carb and have energy for running so this will just get weight down a few pounds.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Cindy-feel better!

Debbie-good luck with your fast! I'm not a fan of KFC. There are only three places I like to get fried chicken and two of them aren't a chain. The other one is Farm Fresh! lol!

Becky-do we get pics of your hair?

Kelly-the derby was fun! Henry's car was really cute...he made a pig from Angry Birds. Didn't place though. Padraic came in third, which was nice since this was his last Derby.

MK-Enjoy your time with DS!

Really need to get some cleaning done, but I just want to sit and get Padraic's birthday party (Minecraft) figured out! lol!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #153

I hate KFC. I liked it in the 60's. I think things were different then. Same with Arby's. Totally different. We rarely had fast food because my grandfather owned a restaurant. KFC was a treat. My grandfather had really good chicken too at one point. It is all so long ago.

Work crazy. Taking a long..... Bathroom break to get way from whiny crying patients.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Unfortunately I love KFC and Arby's. Arby's changed from real meat to processed in eay 1976, our store when I worked there was in the test chain for the processed meat. They liked the higher yields and knowing exactly how much actual meat would be in a whole roast vs unknowing what it would be when it's raw and then cooked, loss of fat jiocesc etc. I remember when my dad came home from NCR and said he was taking us to this new roast beef sandwich place that opened up. It was so exciting!

It's getting close for Guinie. Just wish it was over with. She hasn't eaten since Christmas Day. Just drinks water. I hope she goes soon for her sake. It's been a long 18 days!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Becky, I saw your post on FB. So sorry to hear that you lost Guinie.

Debbie, sounds like a rough day at work.

Jenn, for Padraic! That's a fun way to leave the pinewood derby. Henry's car sounded really cute!
My guys love minecraft, I'm sure the party will be fun.

Cindy, hope you are feeling better. I'm sure goodwill would be cheaper, but lots and lots and lots of work to find what you want AND clean it up!

I have one calphalon pan too, it was a Christmas gift. I really like it.

MK & Kaye,

I just came in from watching DS15's team lose horribly. (its the "off" season so it doesn't count, but still its not fun to lose)
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

As Jenn said, Guinie passed tonight when we were at Applebee's. we were only gone about an hour or so. I will take her to the pet cemetery/crematory tomorrow and then she will be in my casket with me someday.

I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #157
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Becky - so sorry about Guinie!!

Kelly -

Cindy - feeling better?
DS left this morning. He told DH he'd really like to find a job in Chicago this summer and not come back and work at the pool!

Sigh.

Debbie - A couple of days on protein should knock those pounds right out!

Jenn - Yay for Padraic!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #158

So sorry Becky.

Just leaving work. Long day but I am fine whereas there are people boarding in ER for over 24 hours due to no beds. I got lucky and my three admissions got beds.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #159
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Becky!

Busy week ahead with work and other stuff going on.

Debbie - glad you survived your busy day!

MK - we had talked about them not coming home again someday! It's hard.
I shouldn't say this, but am hoping DD23 and DF don't come home again this upcoming weekend! I need a weekend with no running and no chaos! Between the wedding planning and FSIL's shows, she said they will be home quite a bit in the next month or so! I love it, but between FSIL's high energy, DD's dogs and her being somewhat of a tornado.......DH and I haven't had a quiet weekend since before Christmas!!!

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Quick stop by to say hi. At the doc with mom to get the clearance for anesthesia tomorrow. Surgery is at 815
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #161

Becky, you really do have stress in your life right now. Wish I could give you a hug.

Day 2 of diet. Meat and eggs yesterday but had a pack of nuts DH buys at 12 am or so because I was hungry after work. Still only 7 carbs.

Today added a little cheese in eggs because I really didn't like the ham with my egg yesterday.

Tomorrow I am adding veggies.

I am not counting carbs. Will go back to eating healthy and try to eat less. Just want to drop 3-4 pounds and down 1.6 of water weight after one day.i wonder how much of my 2.2 pound gain was water but fingers were not puffy. I tell myself if I go over 122 it is time to diet. After two days of increasing weight I did just that.

See we talk diet here and there.

My husband got a email to call the White House at 9 today. It is the office of public engagement. He has been invited for a special tour the day after the inauguration. He can bring one person and Mirsa has been dying to go so he is taking her. He had to get her cleared by the secret service. I have been in the main WH three times and have had tours. Mirsa is so excited!!!

Work has been better then expected. I have a second nurse who is a joy to work with.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just booked tickets for DS19 to come home for spring break! (YEAH! He'll be back here in 5 long weeks!)

Wish we could all be there to give you real hugs Becky instead of these, but that will have to do. and hang in there!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank u ladies. Today was going great, I was composed at the pet cemetery til I looked down on the sheet of paper and saw where Guinie's name was to go and I lost it. She was somebody. She will have a beautiful square cedar box (one of my favorites woods) and her picture will go not he front side, a brass plate will go on top once I figure out what I want to go on it. Glad today is almost over.

Alyssa has the flu. The both ends kind, poor girl. And a fever too, she will be out another day tomorrow. I hope Kim doesn't get it til I get mom back home.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #164
Queen Bargain Shopper

As Kelly said: Becky!

Debbie - So cool for Mirsa!!!!

Trying to figure out all these student loan repayments!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

I want to go with Don and Mirsa! What an experience and memories for Mirsa!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #166
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Happy Birthday to my mom today - 83!!
And yesterday my DD28 became DD29!

Tomorrow DH will have surgery - an abscessed wisdom tooth has to be removed. But since he has to be intubated, it's in the hospital.

Have I told you all this before?

Anyway - if I'm gone again tomorrow . . .

Becky -
Kelly - Yay for DS and you!
I need to see when DS20's break is
Cindy - I'm hoping he comes home one more summer - THEN I'll be ready, I promise!
Debbie - what a great experience!!! Lucky Mirsa!
Kaye - where did you go?
Jenn?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Waiting for DS15 to finish his hw...
There was a lot tonight, but I think he's reading ahead too.

Becky, I hope Alyssa feels better soon, poor baby!

Debbie, how exciting for Mirsa!

Cindy, your girls seem to get to come home a lot. I'm sure it gets overwhelming.

MK, hope everything goes ok for your DH tomorrow.

I'm feeling really bad. I need to move away from the door. It's chilly outside & Gray Puffball can see me & really wants to come in.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #168

Woke up earlier then needed. My body wakes at 6:30-6:45 no matter what.

Sorry Ayssa is sick. The pediatric emergency room has been full of kids with stomach flu md regular flu.

Work was great yesterday. Two nurses and less patients then we have been seeing.

MK, let us know how DH does tomorrow. He still has Wisdom Teeth?

Cindy, my house is generally empty. DS28 wears me out. DS21 leaves a mess behind. DS30 none of the above. I think it is the Isabella effect. Everything is fine when she is here.

Kelly, that cat is yours!!! How cold does it get there??

DH flying back today. Car service picking him up at airport so he doesn't have to metro during rush hour.

Rainy and cold here. Speed Development starts tonight. Three or four of my friends are in my pace group.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #169
Queen Bargain Shopper

to all of you!
I just want you to know that even though most of us (only, MK & I and MK & Becky) have never met, I consider you some of my very good friends......

Debbie - I chuckled at your comment about your kids........it's so true the different things they bring to the table. DD25 called yesterday and forgot her laptop and needed it for an after school inservice. She called to see if she could come and get my ipad since her school is so close..........I got home before she dropped it back off.....I could tell right where she had been. Had a snack and used my make up to refresh hers........ I do look forward to the grandbabies......that probably makes up for any chaos the parents bring!!!

Kelly - my friend/coworker had a bunch of cats at her old house that she fed and considered "hers".....she had hairball, little orange, little black, and other names. She had NINE!! She fed them.....and even made arrangements for the new owner of her house to continue to care for them!!!

DD25 lives here and I only see her once a week if that. DD23 comes home alot with being only about 90 minutes away, but more so because of DF and all of his band gigs....it's a pain for her with the dogs and always packing up and un packing......

MK - thinking of DH today. Happy Birthday to DD29 AND Mom!!!
It's hard when the campers don't come home anymore for the summer, so maybe you have one more!

Becky - hope today is a good one for you with all you have going on with Mom, Guinie, the girls being sick...........

Kaye, check in, and Jenn did you ever open your St. Nick?

I work late today - our once a week night hours have resumed. Going to connect with another student loan lender this morning and work out, then off to work. Errands during lunch.

I have reined in my eating......my body is definitely adjusting from being low carb to more South Beach/WW type eating again. It's hard as the nurse coach said I would probably see a spike then drop.......I feel it more than see it although I know I was up .5 last week. Hoping I see that drop this week.

Hugs to all and have a great Tuesday!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #170

Trying to add veggies to protein today. Need to grocery shop and do some cooking. I make chicken burgers I like. Loved the crack slaw last week but the cabbage made me gassy. Could have been the bean soup I ate so make more. Need ingredients for both meals.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #171

Becky and MK you both have hard days today. Hope everyone does well with surgery. Let us know.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

Trying to get DS15 out the door. The boys are so different, you are right, they bring different kinds of chaos home with them.

I would agree with Cindy, I'm so glad to count all of you as my friends. Thank you for your friendship!

Cindy, The cat is definitely ours. She's a sweetie, so that's okay. The boys love her too. She will occasionally eat at the neighbor's house too. They call her "Fluffy Boots" but they are the house that feeds all the stray cats in the neighborhood. (they currently have 3 dogs, 4 cats, and horses (stabled elsewhere of course) and are some of the kindest people I've ever met, actually most of my neighbors here are really nice people)

Becky & MK, hang in there, you are both going to have a very long day!

Debbie, its been in the 30's at night the last couple of weeks. We've had frost advisories as well. I know it sounds whiny, but it always feels colder than the temp. would make you think, even my mom says that. I think its because of the ocean "breeze" Sunday, DS15 had 2 games and it was in the low 50's, sitting in the sun it was gorgeous, but with the wind on my way home (on my bike) I was freezing. (its great in the summer though when it feels cooler than the temp says it is) (we'll usually have a few nights/winter in the 20's, I think the last time it actually snowed here was in the 50's)
Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just dumped some tea leaves on plants outside and my thermometer in the backyard said 24, (brrr) I'm sure it was colder than that overnight, no wonder the cat was begging and pleading to come inside.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #174

Colder then Maryland. If it was that cold we would be having a snow storm.

My fat fast is working. I need to start adding veggies. Hoping the almost 3 pounds of weight loss don't come back as I add veggies. I haven't eaten today because I tried hard to go back to sleep and lazed in bed watching TV. Now I am up and need to get to grocery and should look for some low carb meals that reheat well. Not sure why lowcarb works but it does. Only problem is I can't stay on this and need a forever way of eating. Usually just making good choices works although I prefer a lower weight. I stay fairly stable. I just know when I get over 122 I better do something! That is why I diet now. I am back under but will try to drop 2-3 pounds more if I can. Running is hard when I don't eat a lot of carbs. I usually have a carbs breakfast. Maybe I will alternate high and low days.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, it warms up a little during the day. It will probably be in the mid-50's today. I think we are supposed to be in the high 60's again next week. Most of our houses aren't well insulated here, so they reflect the temp outside (which is great almost all the time) but my gas/electric bill in the winter is never fun. Our bedrooms never get warm. I have huge windows in the kitchen that get lots of sun and between that and the kitchen appliances the kitchen is usually okay in the winter and we use our gas fireplace in the living room all winter in the morning/evening and its nice & toasty there. Our high ceilings are great in the summer, but not so great this time of year.

Glad your fat fast is working. I'm sure its difficult to run on that diet though.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #176

Made crack slaw, chicken and hamburgers and have broccoli roasting. This way I have tons of leftovers.

Now I need to go fold.

DS21 was here and leaving. His phone died do the insurance on it replaced it. It had it sent here do he needed to come home. Otherwise he is at girl friends dads house or who knows where. He is only here with laundry or to get clothes here and there.

Read on FB Becky's mom is at her house and doing well.

Now we need to hear from MK.

Better go fold before I put off till tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi ladies... Mom is here now, and sleeping so I have a few moments quiet!

I have my weigh in tomorrow, I hope I lose. Ate our 4 times this week, hope I made good Jenny choices. I want to walk but I don't want to leave mom. Our original plan was Kim would come for a bit so I could walk but we don't want to do that now as Kim is a carrier for the flu. We sure don't need that! I miss my girls, haven't seen them for 2 days! That's a big gap for us!

Be back later girls!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #178

Get your flu shots ladies!! Only my DS30 has gotten one so I hope the other boys are OK.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky, glad things went well for your mom today.
You seem like you are doing great with Jenny. Over 6 lbs last week is something to be proud of!
How is Alyssa feeling?

Debbie, leftovers are always good. I rarely have anything left over here no matter how much I make. (I did have a little of last night's curry left today. I tossed some veggies that were on their way out in with it and it made a really yummy lunch.)
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #180

I made a lot of go too food. No real meals. I can just add a veggie as needed. I need to make more faux potatoes. DH likes them. I tend to eat too much though. I also want to sautée some cabbage. He loves that too. He doesn't so for plain old frozen veggies. He won't eat broccoli and I made some today for me.