Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Haven't heard from Kelly so I hope all is OK and just busy.

At work but no patients brought back yet.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I'm here. I don't get much computer time on the weekends unless I'm up really early.

I've been spending a lot of time on the phone too. Its hard to be so far away when things aren't great.

They sent my grandpa home last week to "stabilize" before they do surgery. He's still recovering from pneumonia, the ulcer is healing, but they need his blood sugar to be better, his hemoglobin to be better, and they need him to just be overall stronger before his doc is comfortable taking him into surgery. He has 2 cancerous spots on one of his kidneys and they weren't happy with the results of his pre-op stress test. All of the scans look like the cancer is localized in one kidney so the plan is to remove it, the problem is that he isn't strong enough for surgery at the moment. When I talked to my grandmother last week she was cleaning out the fridge so he wouldn't eat sweets and treats. (after she came home to find him eating sugar sweetened fruit)
I'm still hopeful that going in with pneumonia and finding the 2 cancer spots might be a blessing in disguise since it seems like they haven't spread and they are still really small. Hopefully, this will make him wake up and actually start to take care of himself.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #303
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hugs Kelly!!!

Kaye - hang in there with semester 2 of senior year. It can be a struggle!

Warm here today AND tomorrow - then back to the deep freeze again.

No premium channels here, MK - I will have to wait till it gets to Amazon on demand or Netflix.

I record pretty much everything I watch, and then catch up on my own time. Much more convenient and then I can go to bed early enough lol.
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hi Ladies!

Just a quick pop in to let you know I'm still around! It seems when I have a few minutes to "play" I hop on facebook because there are several groups there with my business. Doesn't mean I've forgotten you...I just need more time in my day!

Rhonda had her archery tournament last Friday (when we got that snow!) They were behind schedule (of course!), but we went ahead and stayed. She did okay considering it was the first year she's done archery. She says she wants to do it next year too and I'm pretty sure the high schools do it also.

Padraic will be 11 on Friday, so I'm gearing up for his party. He wants Minecraft. Hopefully it will be fun. We've had several rsvp's thankfully. In Scouting news, we have the Blue and Gold banquet coming up in a few weeks, plus the bridging of the Webelos to Boy Scouts (Padraic will be bridging), so we've been visiting Troops and getting all of our ducks in a row for that.

The younger two are doing well, though Millie is getting a little mouthy. I think partly it's age and partly her personality. She told her teacher that she and another little girl could not be in the same reading group because they "did not have a good relationship!" Henry is just his sweet little self and wants to do everything his big brother does.

When I'm not at the middle school, I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, going to the grocery store or to the scout store or Office Depot or trying to clean my total disaster of a house. Do you know I just took the tree down two weeks ago! eek! And I still have Christmas gifts to put away! It's a mess!!!

And now after that book, I'm off to bed. Kids had a four day weekend and I haven't set my alarm since last Thursday. Going to be hard to drag myself out of bed tomorrow!

BTW-Debbie, did you ever get your package?

Will try to pop on tomorrow sometime!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! Can't remember the last time I posted, but did I happen to mention my FIL had another heart attack? Right before New Years. And my MIL has shingles. Just some more things to add to the crazy!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #306
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
MK, do they know what is wrong with Copper?
I think just a pulled shoulder on top of the arthritis . . . .

He made it up the stairs tonight and so will sleep next to my side of the bed again!

Kaye!!!

Glad you're feeling better!! And good luck with DD! I didn't know if DS23 was going to graduate until the Friday before graduation - and he made it through college in only 5 years! So there's hope!!

Kelly - I hope they get everything figured out with your grandpa!!

Cindy - My DVR is at 55%! I end up taping series "just to try them" like Bedlam or Haven and they're still on there, because I haven't had time to watch!

Jenn - wow!!! haven't you heard that cleaning your house while you have children at home is like shoveling snow during a snowstorm!!! You can clean when they go to college!

And so sorry about your MIL & FIL!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #307
Queen Bargain Shopper

Well, we are going from 50 degrees today (and 40 yesterday), to a winter storm watch from tonight till tomorrow night with the potential of a foot of snow....then the temps are supposed to drop into the single digits! DH is headed to Memphis today and is supposed to come back tomorrow night........

I am OCD about my DVR MK - I hate having anything on it for too long. I don't think ours is that big, so doesn't hold much.

I am really enjoying "24".

Kelly - I told DH I would ask you about Hulu - we have that - Hulu Plus actually, and I can never seem to find anything we want to watch on it. Am I doing something wrong? I know you said you use that, right? We are going to get rid of cable soon, buy a Tivo - I told DH I won't miss having cable, just the capability of recording since I watch everything later...........

Jenn - you mentioned Debbie's package; you never mentioned opening yours! Sorry to hear about your MIL and FIL as well!

I haven't talked to my parents in over a week - which is unusual. A week ago last Sunday I called them and my Dad went off on a tirade, so I abruptly ended the conversation and haven't talked to them since. I do not know what their issues are now, but it's tiring. And don't you think they are a little old for these types of shenanigans?

Off to work - then meeting DD25, her BFF and Mom and the dressmaker. BFF asked if I would come to her fitting (we use the same dressmaker) and also to see the design for her bridesmaids dresses!!! She did buy a wedding dress, so hers is only being altered. Then we are going out for dinner to a new restaurant that opened up. Looking forward to it!

I've rambled long enough.......

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Popping in very quickly...need to make lunches!

MK-I have heard that! My house is "lived in" which I don't mind, but sometimes the clutter gets a little out of hand! For example, the totes with the Christmas tree ornaments (tree taken down two weeks ago) are still sitting right here in the dining room. Just little things like that that add up!

Cindy-I haven't opened it yet! I want to make sure Debbie has hers first!

Have a great day, ladies! Need to strike fear into the hearts of the other kids. They are taking their sweet time this morning!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

Typical busy week here, meetings, water polo, school stuff (for DS15)...

Thanks for the virtual hugs, when I talked to my parents last night they said my grandpa's appointment with the cardiologist went well. There wasn't anything in the report about a problem with his stress test. We're wondering if the tech that made the "follow-up" phone call had the wrong patient's report in front of her since there isn't even any documentation that a phone call was made. So, that's good news!

Jenn, my DS15 crawls back into bed most mornings, I understand needing to strike fear in their hearts in the mornings. (archery sounds like a really cool sport for your daughter! Love it!)
Sorry to hear about your MIL & FIL. and hang in there...

Cindy, your weather looks similar to DS19's.
We dropped our cable last summer and switched to streaming through Roku, other than sports, we LOVE it! It did take some time to get used to though. I think hulu plus is easier to use through that device or through the ipad than on a computer. You should be able to search for your shows and most of them pop up the day after they originally air and stay there for quite a while. I also browse through the "most popular" tab and most of what I watch shows up there too. Then, my favorite, you can set up a "queue" and hulu will put your shows in your queue and when there is a new episode it pops up in your queue. My queue has Deception, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23 (although they cancelled this one I think) Arrow, The Carrie Diaries, The Mob Doctor, and Revolution (off the top of my head) along with stuff that the boys and DH have added. I usually watch SNL through Hulu at some point too. There are a ton of series on Amazon and Netflix too and you can set those up to email you when new episodes are available. Right now I'm in the middle of a Fringe marathon on Amazon. (the last season is on Hulu, but the first 4 are on Amazon)

Hope everything is okay with your parents. Sounds like they have hit their second childhood.

MK, that sounds like good news for Copper. Yeah!

Debbie, I'm sure you are still crazy at work. Both of my parents had the flu this year. My dad was lucky enough to get both the respiratory one AND the GI one.

Kaye, I have a very unmotivated kid here, but he's only a freshmen. Its frustrating! Hang in there!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #310

I have colored my hair, cooked crack slaw, roast broccoli and get one load of laundry in. Productive morning and not noon yet.

Work has been harder then normal. Partly it gets bad when the main ER is busy. They send them to my fast track. It stops being a fast track. Second they put a PA in triage and they discharge the easy stuff from triage. Now we rarely have the balance of easy and fast with more complicated patients. The PA in triage also orders things to be done and they often order things the person who works in my area never would have ordered. Things are more complicated. One nurse and 10 more complex patients gets rough. Yesterday I had help the last three hours or I just couldn't have managed

Jenn, no the package never arrived. They put things on the front porch when my garage is closed otherwise they bring them to my garage door and knock.

Your life sounds crazy. I don't think my kids were in as many activities. The boys tended to be in the same activity. My youngest was so much younger I wasn't going three directions.

Kelly, I hope your grandfather is OK. Those incidental findings are a blessing in disguise.

Kaye, my youngest has been at a Community College for 4 years and if his grades don't come up he won't even get a certificate when he is done. I really don't know what he is going to do. He is very bright but his learning and anxiety issues mixed with ADD really mess him up.

MK, sounds like the dog is much better. It is hard when they start to fail.

Cindy, not sure if we could manage without cable and a multi room DVR. DH tapes shows I do not watch. Sometimes my shows won't tape because his take over.
My husband is going to Houston tomorrow.

Saturday we are going to a friends sons wedding. Don't know the son. It is at someone's house in DC. I assume small. Before we go we are meeting with tax person. No more BIL doing our taxes. He may be a CPA but he made mistakes costing us a fortune last year and the year before. It happened once before.
Finally DH agreed. I am praying we don't owe. I want to have money for the wedding and to help DS30 with down payment. If we owe it will change things.

Better get to the laundry. In the middle of a good book too.

Becky, forgot you. Sorry! Hope all is well your way!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
I just walked to Kim's... 1.7 miles on hilly terrain with wind resistance! She's taking me home cuz it really got to my legs in the back just above a the ankles. I'll check back later. Toodles!!!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #312

Becky, sounds like a hard walk. You have to build up if you haven't been doing it.

I bet it is nice out there. We are around 60 and it will be the same tomorrow but then it ends.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #313
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Becky - great walk!! Keep it up!

Debbie - scary about your taxes!!! Our weather was 67 today and back to 30 tomorrow.

Copper goes to the vet tomorrow for his final rabies check. Stupid Animal Control.

Kelly - I don't know how you keep track of all your subscriptions.
I just use the Comcast DVR.

Jenn - as I was telling you to put your Christmas stuff away, I looked up and found a Santa looking at me . . .
Maybe you can track Debbie's package . . . .

Cindy - I'm usually the only one that uses the DVR and it's at 52% full!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #314
Queen Bargain Shopper

Fun night last night, but didn't go to the restaurant we wanted to - it was over an hour wait! On a Tuesday! Went to another fun fave and had ribs! YUM!

Becky - nice job on the walk!

Kelly, thanks for that info - I will pass along to DH and navigate some this weekend. We have a roku and love that so need to play with it more.

Debbie - my fear with $$ this year is DD23's student loans coming due & the wedding - does it ever get better?

Well - we have a supposed storm coming in - alot of schools called off but nothing significant yet.....DD25's district did not so she is worried about getting home - I told her IF it gets bad, she could come to my house - I am close to her MS - then worry about getting home later.............

Have a good Wednesday all!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #315
Princess Proofreader

Morning!
Cindy - Hope you have a safe day! We had lots of rain last night, but today may get into the 40's!!

I hate it when restaurants won't take reservations and then are packed - and on a Tuesday!!

What's a roku?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

I have a meeting tonight and I'm the group president and there isn't an agenda yet. (Guess what I get to do today!)

MK, a roku is a little box (with a remote control) that connects to the tv and makes it easy to watch tv through streaming. The roku keeps up with all of my subscriptions, I don't have to keep track of any of it. Its kinda like having a variety of "on demand" channels that you flip through except the channels are things like netflix, amazon, hulu, pandora... (there are a ton of channels available, some free, some you pay for, some are pay per view) We have them on every tv except the "mancave" where the wifi is lousy and its not wired for internet and DS15's room (he's my techie kid and he uses his PS3 to watch tv, its similar but you use the game controllers to navigate the channels)
So, the hulu queue is kinda like my DVR, you add shows to it and they are there when new episodes air. (Netflix will email you when new episodes air)

Cindy, just play with hulu plus. It takes a little time to get used to it, but once you do you'll be able to find what you want to watch. Sometimes it does take a little searching. (Check Crackle on the roku too. It has comercials, but its free and there are usually decent movies there)

I hope your weather doesn't get too bad. Be careful out there!

Debbie, we are definitely considering everything with my grandpa a blessing in disguise. If he hadn't gotten sick they wouldn't have found this until it was too late.

It sounds like you are getting slammed at work. Is the PA in triage a permanent change or just one of those lets see if this works things?

Becky, good for you getting out and walking! The wind can make a huge difference too! It might have been easier walking home.

to Jenn & Kaye, pop in when you have a chance
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #317
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Guess whose blower on their furnace has stopped working??

Think hard!

And of course it's going to be about 15 tonight!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #318
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
U can come here MK! And I even paid our electric bill and gas bill too!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 AM   #319
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh No MK!!!
We had that happen a couple years ago - then had to replace the whole furnace!
What did you do?

We ended up getting 9 inches of snow yesterday - ACCCKKKKKK!

Off to Thursday!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #320

Sorry about furnace MK. We would have gone to a hotel.

We had torrential rains yesterday afternoon till into the early morning. It has caused flooding of some roads. My neighborhood doesn't have creeks so we are fine.

The winds are blowing now. 50 mph gusts.

Better go iron uniforms for the next three days. Need to buy food to make for Super Bowl at work. I printed a few recipes. Just need to decide. I also need to go buy a wedding card and valentines.

DH is taking me to NYC for two days and one night the 13th and 14th. I know he found a place with gluten free high tea. Guess I won't be dieting those two days. We are meeting his cousins for dinner. I think he has spa thing planned. I am also going to shop for dress for wedding.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, Yikes! I hope the furnace is fixed quickly and isn't too expensive. I would be wimpy and go to a hotel too. Brrr...

Debbie, jealous, I love NYC but we haven't been in years! (since before we moved)

It looks like everyone has icky weather. Stay warm, dry, and safe!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #322
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Oh No MK!!!
We had that happen a couple years ago - then had to replace the whole furnace!
What did you do?

We ended up getting 9 inches of snow yesterday - ACCCKKKKKK!
Hi!

He came this morning and had to replace the motor. It wasn't too expensive, luckily!

We survived the night with a heated mattress pad and space heaters.
Then the repair man said the answering service should have called the "on call" guy - this company is supposed to have 24/7 service!!

So somebody's in trouble!

Cindy - 9 inches??!! Wow!!
We got a dusting, but it's sooooooo cold!!

Debbie - I didn't want to leave the animals here . . .

Becky - So glad you paid the bills!

Kelly - I'm ready to move to CA now!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #323
Queen Bargain Shopper

NEW MONTH!

Kelly, MK, Debbie, Becky, Jenn, Kaye..........Come on over!

SHORTIES - XOXOXO - It's February!