Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/792524-2013-year-skinny-honey-badgers.html)

Bejewelme 01-01-2013 07:47 AM

2013-The Year of the Skinny Honey Badgers!

OK guys we had a rough time in 2012 some honey badgers have come and gone but its a new year and a new start!!!! If you are in for the challenge we will weigh in on Fridays, I will post the spreadsheet on Friday, if you are in for the challenge post here so I can add you to the chart!!!! Lets try to actively post recipes, menus, workouts, etc to keep everyone motivated! I lost 150 pounds, 25 have found their way back to my backside, but the #1 reason I lost that weight was this board and accountability! So good or bad lets commit to posting and helping each other along the way!!!!!

Here is to a skinny 2013!!!!!

Amber

janetsbreeze 01-01-2013 07:55 AM

Ok, I am here and determined to do it this time!

Bejewelme 01-01-2013 08:10 AM

Yeah Janet the first one!!!!

shamblyn 01-01-2013 08:22 AM

I want to join in. I am about 30lbs left to get to goal. These boards really are what get you through.

mama_2_3 01-01-2013 08:54 AM

I'm here! I'm ready to start kicking butt. :)

Jayce 01-01-2013 08:57 AM

Rejoining the ranks, y'all. Thanks for starting this, Amber. ;)

DesertGurl 01-01-2013 10:02 AM

I'm in! :)

GailyGail 01-01-2013 10:15 AM

I'm in too! We can do this, ladies!

Jayce 01-01-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertGurl (Post 16163966)
I'm in! :)

Yay!

Excited to tackle this with you all...

Beebug123 01-01-2013 10:47 AM

I'm here! Happy new year badgers! I'm still maintaining but I ate way to many carbs over Christmas and my tummy is wrecked. Can't wait to get back on low carb. My goal or this summer is to get down to my goal weight. It's been so cold here this winter so the few extra Lbs I have haven't bothered me, but swimsuit season will be here soon enough!

easwann 01-01-2013 12:40 PM

Hey Amber... I am so in! Today's an egg fast..how is everyone else starting the New year?

DesertGurl 01-01-2013 01:05 PM

Hey Lizzie! :hiya: Long time no see!

Off to a quiet start to my new year.. kids have all scattered in different directions, DH is working, and I'm sittin here looking at all the stuff I *should* be doing but choosing to sit and play here instead! :p

Planning a walk for this evening. First one in a veerrrrrry long time! :p

Excited for the new year and the changes I can make! :up:

kittycitygirl 01-01-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easwann (Post 16164248)
Hey Amber... I am so in! Today's an egg fast..how is everyone else starting the New year?

Eggfast! Was thinking the same thing! May join you!

Oh, by the way, I'm so in! Badger like kitty!

Bejewelme 01-01-2013 02:14 PM

Yeah glad to see some old and new faces!!!!!!! Keep them coming!!!! I found the new Atkins frozen entrees at WalMart today, anxious to try them a great idea for lunches when we dont have leftovers! I will give you a report on them!

Almost ready for pork and kraut the one low carb holiday food!!!!

easwann 01-01-2013 02:23 PM

Amber thanks for the info on the Atkins enters! Hoping they're in my wm too!

parothdsue 01-01-2013 02:28 PM

I would love to b a part of this. I'm just getting started and this would really help keep me motivated. :)

Bejewelme 01-01-2013 03:29 PM

Hello Susan--- yes you are welcome to join and hopefully we can help you along your journey!

freeman525 01-01-2013 03:43 PM

Add me to the spreadsheet, Amber. Gonna give my best effort. Like the Friday weigh-in.

Janice

Blonde with a Rose 01-01-2013 04:30 PM

Hi Honey! I'm here too. I need motivation and good LC friends jumpin' in the same boat as I am. Thank you for starting this thread.:heart:

Blonde~

Blonde with a Rose 01-01-2013 04:35 PM

As for today, I'm eating ultra low carb. Eggs, bacon for breakfast,
kinda late in the day. Then a snack of a few pork skins and some soft garlic cheese and a fried "cheese round" which was pretty good BTW. About 1/2 cup shredded cheese in a non-stick pan, fry til it's crispy. Mine was a little soft in the middle so I folded it over, remarkable like a grilled cheese sandwich. I probably will not eat anything else today.

easwann 01-01-2013 07:45 PM

Hey Danielle! Nice to see you!

Found the Atkins entrees at my wall mart but the best thing that happened today is my husband jumped on the lc wagon with me! I am thrilled that he has finally decided on his own that its time to get healthier. It is so much easier when we are both eating LC. He lost so much weight the first time he did it, but after his 2 brain surgeries they had him on so many steroids that he gained it all back. I never said a word, but this morning it was his resolution and he even went to the store with me and planned our weeks meals! Very proud of him.. and excited for his health. So happy!

Today's menu was a fried egg over a hamburger patty and a chef salad. Off to a great start!
Happy Wednesday!

mama_2_3 01-01-2013 07:56 PM

That's great news Lizzie!
I'm starting a fat fast tomorrow, then get my wisdom teeth out on Friday so it will be yogurt & protein shakes for a few days after that. Looking forward to losing this holiday bloat :)

Izzysdream 01-01-2013 08:25 PM

I'm in! I'll use my monday weight on friday to lessen my confusion being in 3 weigh ins. LOL

Beebug123 01-01-2013 10:14 PM

Interested to find the Atkins meals here! That would make some of my days SO much easier since it can take awhile to make meals and I just don't have time some days.

Today was good but I was battling the induction headache most of the day. Hopefully the worst has passed and it will be less severe tomorrow. The last 2 days I was easing in to lc again and today was all on plan :) I experimented for dinner and it was a big hit! I wanted a cream chicken casserole so I took some sour cream and a small bit of cream and added in random seasonings and to that I added a can of green beans and one of the packages of the precooked chicken from Costco and it was SO good. Kids asked for seconds and DH has claimed the leftovers for his lunch at work.

Bejewelme 01-02-2013 03:08 AM

Lizzie that is awesome about your hubby, he has been through a lot, so good for him!!!! Glad you found the meals, I am going to take one for lunch and see how it is, I figured I would get yelled at for heating up saurkraut in the micro at work, LOL

I boiled a bunch of eggs, so I am planning a shake for breakfast, one of the new atkins meals for lunch and I have some eggs and string cheese if I am hungry in between and dinner is left over pork and kraut, so today is planned! Whew!

Have a good day!!!

Tony is now really sick and staying home, but last night I said to Bobby lets go for a walk, so we walked for over an hour it was so nice talking with him, I said we really need to do this after dinner even if it is shorter I love that time to talk with him, when his head is not in his Ipod or video game, so maybe we can keep that up! I didnt get to the gym this morning since I have to take Bobby so tonight another walk at least I feel like it is moving, better than sitting on the fat butt!

drenfroe3418 01-02-2013 06:09 AM

Morning everyone,

I am in! Ready to do this thing!

Best of luck to everyone and have a great New Year! We can do it!

freeman525 01-02-2013 06:30 AM

Two days in a row of exercising! Only ate 1 meal yesterday but it included HC's- Still down one pound from the day before.

Our Walmart doesn't have Atkins frozen meals yet- or at least, I can't find them. Somebody on another thread said they found them by the vegetarian frozen meals and that's where I've been looking.

Lizzie, I'm happy for you that your DH is on board with you. That will make things more simple, for sure.

Have a good one!
Janice

Sara7272 01-02-2013 07:10 AM

Slinking in with my tail between my legs here, been gone too long!!!!!!!!!

I love the Friday weigh ins, that was my new plan actually :) I will DEFINITELY be here ALL the time again and I will be getting this weight (back) off in 2013!!! I gained a bunch back, Fridays weigh in will tell how much :eek:, but from there it's onward and downward. I need my clothes to fit! LOL

I plan on going back to strict low carb and getting back to basics. I contemplated starting weight watchers this week, but then I was at the grocery store and found myself already mentally planning all the carbs I could eat and knew that I just cant do it that way. So, I'm starting anew as of Friday- new measurements, new weight, new exercise routine, new journal, the whole shebang. I don't want to see this as a correction to a failure, but a new beginning!

Looking forward to trying the new Atkins meals!!! I was on a testing panel for them last year and they sent me a bunch to try, the ones I had were pretty good! And super convenient! Let me know which ones are good guys! ;)

I missed you guys. I am glad to be back here among good people who 'get it' :heart:... So, lets kick 2013's a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blonde with a Rose 01-02-2013 07:23 AM

Good Morning! Just checkin' in. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Work today for me, I'm a server at Olive Garden so I get lots of good exercise on my work days. My plan for today is:

B: Beef burger Patty
L: Grilled Salmon and Salad
S: 1 serving Macadamia Nuts
D: Chicken of some form or other

My first big goal is to get to Onederland by March.

Lizzie you're so lucky to have DH on board with you!
Amber, walking is my favorite sport!
Beebug, your cream chicken sounds yummy.
Mama2-3, how do you fat fast?
Izzy~I usually weigh in on Monday as well took stay good over the weekend.
Hi Janice!
Hi Sara!

chelseybelle27 01-02-2013 07:24 AM

I would love to join...I need someone to kick my butt! My goal is to get down to goal weight and then...have another baby :) I know, I know, counterproductive, but I also hope to maintain LC during pregnancy (as tolerated and allowed) so that I can recover much easier this time around (being 300lbs and recovering from a c-section with a newborn was hell the first time around!) Okay, so maybe I have overshared ;) But I am Chelsey and ready to kick 2013's butt!