Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Saturday ~ Just found out that the new Streisand movie is playing at the "cheap" theatre, now I have to find time and a friend to go and see it. I her.

Anyone else 50 Shades of Grey? Who do you think will star in the movie?

Food has been good but really struggling to chug the water.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebug123
Stats: 250.5/205/175
Start Date: July 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggie View Post
One pound down.

I tried the Atkins Meatloaf. It was okay.

I also bought the Beef Merlot and the Chicken Pot Pie.

Walmart is suppose to have them nationwide someother stores are also suppose to carry them. You can go to site and see where they are sold in area.
I had the beef merlot for dinner last night and I liked it!

Since I tried the Atkins breakfasts I have been adding onions and peppers to my sausage and eggs when i cook at home every morning, just buying them frozen and popping them in the pan while I brown the sausage, well I tried making extra yesterday and I microwaved it this morning since I had an early day and it was yuck. Figured I could save money if I did it that way, but yeah, too gross. Oh well! Going to stock on some more of the Atkins breakfasts I guess. So glad to have them for an option now.
Goal #1 225lbs "first 25" *reached 9/21/11*
Goal #2 214lbs "overweight bmi" *reached 11/12/11*
Goal #3 199.5lbs "onderland" *reached 2/1/12*
Goal #4 178lbs "normal bmi"
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
The chorizo egg atkins one is really good, the Tex Mex scramble! I love that one!

Cindy- 50 shades- I have been thinking who is the right guy? Channing Tatum comes to mind, but I dont know if he can be that controlling, really I just want to see him naked! Who is going to play the chick? I thought she was so annoying through the whole series!

Let me know how Guilt Trip is that looks funny I love her and Seth!!!

Nice dinner last night, I had Chicken Roberto, since it was named after my son! LOL It was chicken that was so good, with mushrooms and shrimp in a shallot cream sauce, and veggies, no starch! Thank heavens they didnt bring bread, I was all proud until I realized I downed 2 beers, oh well, not too bad, eating could have been worse! So glad I stuck to that! WOW the Baltimore game was incredible!

The MR. had a very romantic evening planned for me, wowsers! I love my honey!

Got the office packed yeterday, that was a mess, today it is suppose to be unseasonably warm so we are going to work on the shed, off to the trainer at 9:00!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

That chicken sounds yummy! I am actually googling chicken with mushroom recipes right now.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Amber, for 50 Shades movie I've heard names like Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diaries, or Henry Cavill from The Tudors are being thrown around.. Emma Stone and Emma Watson maybe for the female role.. I've never read the books so can't comment on who sounds right for the parts.. I LOVE Ian Somerhalder tho so I'd prolly see it just for him Did you see Magic Mike? Love me some Channing
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Loving the visual of Channing Tatum naked ....

Good day .... already drank 6 bottles of water and planning on steak for dinner.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #217

Ian Somerhalder from Vampire Diaries, or Henry Cavill from The Tudors are being thrown around.. Emma Stone and Emma Watson

Don't know who these men are and dont like either girl for it, I will be picky!!! I did see Magic Mike finally!!! It was abolicious!!!!! LOL

So yesterday packed, worked out, my trainer's scale is so freaking heavy but I went faced the music and worked out with him, I really missed him it has been 5 weeks since I saw him with the holidays then me being sick then he was sick, LOL

So back on my early workouts, I am getting up even earlier so I can devote more time to cardio and try to move this darn weight!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good for you Amber!!

Having been coerced into reading the Fifty trilogy by my DD, I'm having a hard time figuring out how in the world they can possibly make a movie out of it...
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hey all, Happy Monday!

I'm jumping back in on this challenge! Got to get this holiday gain off and then some, sheesh! NO freaking excuses! You gals have got a great momentum and no one is sitting around feeling sorry for themselves right? That because BA Honey Badgers kick carb A#$, right? YEAH!!!

So I was thinking what worked for me before and what my downfalls are, and yup here we go:

1. Banish all junk food from the house (we threw a party over the holidays and there was still loads of carb munchies leftover. Gee, I was getting in to the habit of "oh just a few" and then it all turning in to a handful and then another handful of pretzels, chips, nuts .... Plus there was a lot of chocolate consumption and a fair share of alcoholic beverages. Totally counterproductive mindless eating. Told hubby to HIDE everything til Superbowl at least 'cuz yanno the Patriots will be playing, right Amber?

2. Plan the meals ahead, and make whatever I can ahead! Did that today with my brekkie, lunch and snacks...

3. Doing good on the exercise front at least.

Have a good day everyone!
Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I read the 50 Shade's Triology and loved the books. I don't know how they are going to make them into a movie either - will be interesting.

I had a great weekend and really stayed on plan. I made 3 casseroles for breakfast, lunch and dinner this week so I am prepared.

Hope everyone has an awesome Monday and a great week!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
For the most part I've been staying on plan pretty well but the scales are NOT my friend. Gotta give up the nuts and peanuts!

Speaking of movies, I've seen three pretty good ones lately: Django, Zero Dark Thirty, and Silver Linings Playbook. Jessica Chastain deserves the Golden Globe she won last night for Zero.

I really need some easy/quick ideas for dinner. Yesterday I brought home a pound of frozen, cooked shrimp and paired them with Trader Joe's Cocktail Sauce (1 carb per serving). That worked well. I also need to have some Atkins frozen meals on hand at home as my husband often just drinks a protein shake for his dinner after he works out.

Have a great Monday!
Janice
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, HBs!

Nancy, good to see you -- I always enjoyed your posts from the challenge threads before.

Eating yesterday was a little wonky, but TOM is here, so I think that's part of it. Ate an Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar for breakfast. Not sure what I'm doing for lunch -- probably salad of some sort.

Hope y'all's weeks have started well!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Great job everyone! Great losses. I maintained, which is ok b/c I joined mid-week and it's TOM. I feel good and know I will see a loss next week.

Melanie - do you have link to a recipe for the pizza bake? Would love to know what that is.

One of my downfalls this past year has been not having yummy recipes to try. There's only so much meat and veg a girl can eat!
Sorry I was away for the weekend. The pizza bake I make is something we made up.

1 lb ground sausage or ground burger
brown and drain.
then layer the meat on the bottom of a casserole dish
put on toppings of choice lc of course. we usually do mushrooms and pepperoni.
a small can of hunts tomato sauce
then cover the top with mozzarella cheese.

put in oven on broiler high. cook until cheese is melted and a golden brown.
( it usually takes about 8 minutes in my oven). Eat and enjoy.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman525 View Post
I really need some easy/quick ideas for dinner. Yesterday I brought home a pound of frozen, cooked shrimp and paired them with Trader Joe's Cocktail Sauce (1 carb per serving)...
I am usually SO good about reading labels carefully, especially serving size. Well, upon close reading, the serving size for 1 carb's worth of Trader Joe's cocktail sauce is 1 teaspoon. Wow! I eat a teaspoon of cocktail sauce on 1 shrimp. No telling how much I ate last night. And I wonder why I'm not losing weight.

Live and learn.

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Janice that sucks!!

Try using "no added sugar" ketchup with some horseradish! Lots more sauce, lots less carbs!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy2be, Pizza Bake sounds YUMMY!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
They are coming out with a 50 shades movie O_O I am with Blonde.... How in the world are they gonna do that? I am not even done reading and still trying to figure it out, LOL

287.7 this am... Going down even with TOM here.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I've never read the 50 shades books so I have no idea I read somewhere, I can't remember where, but there was talk about trying to push for an NC-17 rating.. guess maybe they figure all the "moms" will come see it no matter what?

Nancy~ Welcome Back! Sounds like you got a great game plan set up, you'll be back to normal before yanno it!

Janice~I loved Zero Dark Thirty. Jessica Chastaine was a good win, but I think I was more tickled that Adle won for original song for SkyFall...LOVE that song, love her!

Looks like everyone is doing great and ready to tackle this week!

I am sick as a dog. AGAIN! It's all in my chest and head. Miserable night sleeping and went to bed all drugged out on Nyquil in the hopes of sleeping.. I still tossed and turned. Meh!

Good thing is, DH is off today so he'll deal with the kiddos for the day while I lay around and do absolutely nothing. His rules, not mine!

Have a great day, ladies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 01-14-2013 at 10:30 AM..
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Happy Monday!
How was everyone's weekend?
I worked out Friday at the gym, then on Sat I went for a practice run for my upcoming race - 13.4 miles in 2 hrs 52 min. (I do run/walk intervals). Then went out for dinner to celebrate DH's new promotion. We saw Les Meserables after dinner - it was good, but really slow. Hugh Jackman was really good in it too
I'm committing to getting back to the basics- Eliminating or at least reducing frankenfoods like sweeteners and premade stuff. High fat, lower carb and lots of veggies and water. I think the hardest part is cutting back on coffee....maybe I'll try sipping green tea instead.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
They are coming out with a 50 shades movie O_O I am with Blonde.... How in the world are they gonna do that? I am not even done reading and still trying to figure it out, LOL

287.7 this am... Going down even with TOM here.
WTG!!!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Velvet
Stats: 220/193.8/ goal 150
WOE: Low Carb / dr. Frank
Start Date: okt 2012
Hello all,

I was told in another thread that it would be fun to join this challenge. So I was wondering, do you have room for one more?
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #232

NANCY= Yeah I was hoping you would find us again!!!!!! Of course the Pats are going to the Superbowl, although I gotta say this weekend was some stellar football!!!! Good plans!!!

OMG you have got to find the Atkins lunches they are a lifesaver and they are really freaking good! Gotta agree that the crustless chicken potpie is my favorite, the eggs are super how they make frozen eggs that are fluffy and delish, and the meatloaf I loved!!!!
Planning is key, I was eating everything in sight here and there thinking oh that is not too much and hello, it piles on and on and on!!! But still plenty of time to be skinny honey badgers by summer!!!!

Velvet- yes hun you are more than welcome to join, I added you to the spreadsheet, we weigh in on Fridays, you can fill in your weight! Or you can post it and I will fill it in for you! Being from overseas maybe you can bring us some good ideas of how you low carb!!!

So ex calls me on the way to work Bobby was up all night puking, so I left work early I get the bag of puke clothes, lucky me! He is really sick and burning with fever so I was glad I could leave to get him! Tony is out of town for the next 3 days, Bobby is sick no no darn excuse to not stick to my plans!!! gotta say the pot pie left me feeling fuller today I ate less and was not as hungry! That is a good sign!!!

Velvet here is the spreadsheet! Feel free to share we all do!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JY2lTNmc#gid=0
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Janice that sucks!!

Try using "no added sugar" ketchup with some horseradish! Lots more sauce, lots less carbs!
Thanks, Blonde.

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I was looking for a daily thread and stopped by to join. I know a few people from other posts/journals and some from years back.

My goals are to keep higher carb indulgences within my carb allowances for the day and only to the days I plan in advance (usually when we go out to eat).

I also plan to keep my calories low as this has always been key for me to lose weight with LC eating.

@ Velvet (Sannie), nice to see you on a thread.

@ Nancy- Also nice to see a face from long ago. I hope you and your DH are doing well. Ditch those high carb snacks! I have not seen Pauline on the boards in months!

@Amber- I have some of the Atkins meals in the freezer now waiting for a day when I cannot face cooking to try them. I also like the Lean Cuisine Steak Tips Portobello which are small meals at 150 calories and a bit higher carbs (12) than the Atkins.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hey Phranqui - good to see you aback again, woo hoo!

Sara7272 - did you get your elliptical set up yet, do you like it?

Hi Velvet, welcome and git your game on with us!!

Ceecee - good job there!!

Amber - Did your Robert get the flu?? Or the norovirus that is going around? I was in SOOO football heaven this weekend, it was AMAZING football. I wish I could be a female color commentator, you know I would be talking more physique than football, ha ha. We went out to a bar during 4th quarter Denver/Baltimore figuring it would be over when we got to the bar but noo, it was in overtime....enjoyed a really nice baby spinach salad with blackened chicken, bacon & blue cheese. One beer. Back to buckling down and ordering on-plan food while out!!!

OMG it's 5pm, time to bolt. Gym tonight.
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #236

Frankie- glad you joined us, I know people come and go, I can say that for over 2 years now I have never gone more than a week without posting, except for my wedding and a few vacations, it really helps me stay on track!!! Glad to have you and new ideas to bring to us!!!! I added your name to the spreadsheet! Under Frankie! Too hard to remember how to spell your user name, LOL We weigh in on Fridays!

Nancy- I was thinking of you Sunday, we went out Sat night and I was so careful to eat low carb and then realized I drank 2 beers, duh!!!!!!!! Back at it!!!!Have fun at the gym, I just made grilled spinach over arugula with some shaved Parmesan, yumm Tony got to grilling meat yesterday and now with Bobby sick it is easy to throw a banana at him LOL I think he will survive he does have fever so has to stay home tomorrow but no puking since early this morning!

Spreadsheet again for newbies
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JY2lTNmc#gid=0
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #237

Well now I am a chatty cathy with Bobby sleeping on the couch I am trying to stay awake for Biggest Loser, LOL
Here is a review of some crunchy lower carb options, I miss crackers, chips, tortilla chips, you name it!

Whole grain 34 degree crispbreads, 9 crackers, they are paper thin, 35 calories, 0 fat, 7 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein, good vehicle for hummus which I also can overeat if I dont measure it out, left alone with a tub of hummus is bad news!!!Contain wheat flour.

Kitchen Table Bakers- aged parmesan crips, totally cheese- 3 crisps, 80 calories, 6 fat, less than 1 carb, 7 protein, sort of taste like I would imagine a sweaty gym sock tasting if you sucked on it, LOL But they are the lowest of carbs!! I wish I liked these more, and they are sort of expensive! No wheat flour

Doctor Kracker=Pumpkin seed cheddar crispbreads= 1 piece, sort of poptart sized, 100 calories, 4 fat, 11 carbs, 4 fiber, 5 protein, my favorite of the bunch but tend to want more they contain wheat flour.

I found all these at Wal Mart in the deli area!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #238

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
How about cheese crackers? Love them! I also use pork rinds for dipping.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I need to look for those crackers!!

I'm watching the BL now Amber.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

I have been eating celery lately for my crunchy fix. Today I cut up 2 stalks worth and ate them with tuna fish salad for lunch.

Can't wait to try the pizza bake...sounds yummy! I have been in a groove lately with cooking dinner every night and trying out a few new things.

Last night I made the Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers I found on Pinterest. My hubby loves stuffed bell peppers and I use to hate them but with my tastes changing so much over the course of low carb I figured they were worth a try and I really liked them.

Tonight was a reheat dinner night lol. We had thick sliced ham, butternut squash (steamed and sprinkled with cinnamon), and broccoli cheese soup.