Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #901
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
You know, I once decided that since I can't seem to last on any WOE for longer than a week, my diet would be to change plans every week!
Don't ask me how it turned out, cause I couldn't stick to that one either!!

You'll find something you can keep up sometimes it takes a few tries for something to stick.

Amber- I hear ya on Oz. I pretty much discredit anything he recommends. And now he complains that it's false advertising every time a company uses his name or says "As seen on Dr Oz" (even though everything under the sun has been seen on Dr Oz) Can you tell I'm not an Oz fan?

Cindy- I hope you're able to catch up today!

Blonde- I like the idea of "Healing Days"

Danielle- That's great that you can take some points and can use them with something you can stick with

Janice- Have a great week

HCG is working for me so far....I hit 198 today! I don't think I could keep it up long term, but right now I feel like I just need a jumpstart.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #902
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Happy Wednesday, ladies! I finally dropped the bloat from last week & down to a lower number, so I'm feeling more like myself again. I haven't exercised since Saturday before last, so I'm planning on going tonight after work.

Hope everyone is having success today with whatever plan they choose.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I absolutely feel like a nutjob with my neurotic inability to stick to any one plan!

Had a successful down-day yesterday and looking forward to my UD today!

I hope everyone is off to a great start this week, it seems like the weeks are just flying by. DD16 reminded me yesterday that she's been out of school already for nearly a month! Sooo fast!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Hello all. I am back after dealing with caring for my BF's mom and now the aftermath of her death and all the details that go into that. I caved hard with my eating and stress ate the worst foods and ate constantly some days for the last week and a half. I cannot even get on the scale right now as I know I gained a lot and just don't want to see the reality of it right now with all the other things I am dealing with. But I have committed this afternoon to being back on plan knowing that is is the only way to start feeling better and feeling in control of at least one thing in my life.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Hello all. I am back after dealing with caring for my BF's mom and now the aftermath of her death and all the details that go into that. I caved hard with my eating and stress ate the worst foods and ate constantly some days for the last week and a half. I cannot even get on the scale right now as I know I gained a lot and just don't want to see the reality of it right now with all the other things I am dealing with. But I have committed this afternoon to being back on plan knowing that is is the only way to start feeling better and feeling in control of at least one thing in my life.
Now you can focus on YOU. Glad to see you recommitting.

Janice
freeman525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie- I'm so sorry for the loss, but I'm glad you are able to focus on other things now. Don't get down about falling off the wagon, it happens and you certainly had a good excuse. Good to have you back!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #907
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie -- You did an amazing thing by being there for your boyfriend & his mother during such a difficult time. It's only natural to go off plan a bit...be kind to yourself & things will fall back in place soon. *Hugs*

Good morning, ladies! Happy FRIDAY!

Gonna be honest with y'all: I took last week off from exercise due to bad pain in my lower abdomen, sides, and back; however, I started feeling better this week and haven't gone because...*drumroll, please* I didn't feel like it. There it is. It's so easy to fall out of the exercise habit -- I have to actively choose & almost force myself into doing it. Well, I'm calling myself out on my own crap: I WILL be going to the gym after work tonight...Friday night or not! I owe it to myself to be more physically active. My body deserves those endorphins, and I know my mind misses them too! LOL :P

Food-wise, things are good...buying groceries weekly & packing my snacks/lunches for work has helped immensely.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-21-2013 at 05:47 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Picked fresh blueberries last evening and enjoyed "several" but 2 pounds worth? I don't care, they are so good and good for me. My brain is bigger this morning. Maybe that's where all the weight gain went!?! Have a good one!

Janice
Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
TGIF!

Frankie, good to have you back. I'm sorry for your loss Getting back to your comittment to yourself is such a gift.

Jayce, it's great that you can recognize that you need the exercise. I need to get going on that part too so you are not alone. Glad you seem to be feeling alittle better after all the tummy issues.

Janice, I LOVE it. Enjoy those berries, girlfriend!

Everyone, have a beautiful weekend!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Friday

It appears as if the rain has stopped. Hoping for some sunshine this weekend. I'm taking a few days holiday next week in order to volunteer for a big Ball Tournament and Music Festival .... called "Funtastic". Awesome .... except exhausting. This is my 10th year and I've decided that I'm going to retire after this tournament. There have been some changes on the board that I am really not happy with.

Amber ~ I'm with you, Dr. Oz is not one of my fave people.

onceNforall ~ I can relate

Janice ~ Love blueberries and that little voice was in my ear today.

Kristyn ~ So happy to hear that HCG is working

How is it going Danielle

Frankie ~ Glad that you are back posting

Jayce ~ How was the gym?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It is sunny and I'm enjoying the rest of the day ... relaxing on the deck.

cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I did okay this weekend- if you don't count Friday as part of the weekend. I stayed busy so I didn't sit in front of the TV and eat.

Cindy, you are a busy girl! I need to volunteer more.

Janice
Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #913
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey girls in the boughs of heck now with this settlement date approaching, OMG so much to do not weighing but being careful! Sad no more racquetball since my gym doesnt have courts, so we played our last game on Sunday! Will get back on track by mid July, maybe painting this whole house I will lose some weight, LOL We settle Thursday night I am then off til Tuesday, to paint and do the new flooring, movers come on July 5th with all our stuff, all my clothes and shoes, yeah!!!!! I missed my summer outfits!!! And our king size bed!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, glad to hear you'll finally be able to move in soon...I know you're more than ready!

Cindy, my workout went better than I thought it would after taking that time off -- I at least got in 2 workouts this weekend. How are you doing on your end of things?

Honey Badgers, hope your weeks have started off well. I'll be starting to pack things myself tonight b/c I've put it off till the last minute (as usual) -- gotta get some boxes from work and get down to business! I'm moving this weekend to a place a little closer to work & $100 cheaper a month.

Have a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Jayce; 06-25-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I just checked the damage of two weeks of overeating and carbs for a gain of 12.4 lbs. So sad as this weight takes me back to the end of April. But looking forward I will use it as a hard lesson learned about how long it takes to lose and how easy it is to gain.

Amber- That is fantastic news about your house. Moving is always so labor intensive you'll surely lose some weight.

Janice- Yup, sitting in front of the TV and wanting to eat is such an ingrained habit for me and a hard one to break.

Jayce- Good luck on your move, I hope all goes well for you.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce and Amber,

Good Luck with your moves. The only good thing about the moving process is finding stuff you lost and getting rid of some stuff you don't need. I haven't moved in 23 years and I got a LOT of junk that needs to be gotten rid of.

Phranquie, sorry for your setback but glad you are back with us.

Janice
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Janice- I have to force myself to purge things I have not used in a while or I'd be overflowing with things tucked away in the attic and back of closets until I have no room at all. The longest I have lived anywhere is about 9 years. I cannot imagine what I could amass in 23 years. I used to have a big yard sale with friends every few years and we'd cart any leftovers to Goodwill to make sure we did not bring it back into our houses. It is amazing what people will buy and it is good people watching too!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am up 4.6lbs from three weeks ago when I last weighed in on the chart. Bummer. But I have been working hard and steadily losing the 12+ lbs I gained. Hoping to be back on target next week. Onward and downward ladies!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #919
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie- Wow, you're losing that extra weight quickly

Jayce- I hope your move goes smoothly. WooHoo for cheaper and closer to work

Janice- I've been in my house for 11 years, I can't imagine how much crap I would "save" in more than 20!

Cindy- How did your festival go?

I'm down another few lbs this week, and thrilled! Monday will mark 2 weeks on hcg, and I'm committing to doing at least another 2 weeks of vlc. My brother's wedding is coming up in Aug and it's giving me lots of motivation to look good in pictures I've lost 10 lbs in almost 2 weeks, I think it's possible to lose another 10-15 in the next month.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey everyone! I'm still around, lurking and checking progress. I suck. Hope you all have a great Monday!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #921
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, ladies! Thanks for the good wishes re: my move...overall, it went pretty well. I was exhausted yesterday, but I gave away a lot of stuff, and I'm having the city pick up my bed (old & want to to get new one eventually), dresser, & a side table (thrift stores were going to take too long to come get them). I feel better now that I've "purged" myself of some things!

Not sure where my weight is, but I'll look tomorrow. Will probably be up b/c I allowed myself to eat whatever (grabbed stuff quickly over the weekend) and had multiple drinks last night. LOL.

Hope your weeks have started well!

Sidenote: Blonde, you don't suck! I know we all say things like that to ourselves, but I think you're fabulous.

Last edited by Jayce; 07-01-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristyn- A wedding is certainly motivation to lose. All those photos!!!!! I tried strict HGC a few years ago and did lose very well during the 4 weeks but I ended up hating what I was eating as it felt so restrictive, but I guess that is the point. Good luck in the next couple of weeks, you can do it!

Blonde- Hang in there! You are here and trying and that is what matters.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jayce and Frankie
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have really been working heard on making good food choices the last week and it has paid off. I am down to 158.6 which is a 7lb drop from last Friday. The last of my two week carb binge is gone! Wooohoooo!

I really want to get plastics for my sagging skin this fall so I have to really hit it hard the next 3 months.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, all! Here's to a new week & new opportunities for positive changes.

Still haven't weighed...it's been over a week since I last checked, so I probably need to peek. It's been kind of nice not feeling like I'm "addicted" to weighing every day, though.

Frankie, congrats on losing so quickly! That's really amazing progress.

Kristyn, congrats to you also -- is the hcg still working for you?

Blonde, hugs to you, sweet pea! lol

It's overcast & threatening to rain outside...I'm trying to stay awake here at my desk.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down to 157 this week. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight I got to 155 for about a day. That was back in 2004. I stopped weighing daily and logging in my food and I eventually, slowly gained. I am going on a long road trip and decided to take my scale with me to keep accountable and help me stick to my plan.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Hey all! I lost my honey badger card for a while but recently found it again. I'm still around, trying to STAY on track for more than a month at a time. I am one of those people who cannot stray at all-- it all started one Oreo truffle ball on Xmas, and all of that hard work, almost totally undone and on/off the wagon ever since. I was doing good on Facebook but we ditched our accounts about 5 or so months ago. I need the support & accountability or I slack big time. I went to a family party yesterday and I am the biggest one in my family! Ugh! Time to really change that!! Been doing great on induction about 2 weeks now, working up the courage to weigh! Bless Linda Sue & recipes, esp her deep dish pizza one =)

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #928
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hellooooooooooo......
Anyone in here?
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #929
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Boo!

LOL

Seriously need to get my honey badger mojo back!
kittycitygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #930
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Let's kick it in high gear before the holidays!!!! My plan is to lose,lose until Thanksgiving, eat consciously on tgiving day, lose,lose, lose until Christmas and then eat consciously on Christmas, and then lose, lose,lose all through the year until Goal!!!!! Who's with me????

Do we want to have a weigh in day and the chart with losses????
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote