Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Saturday ~ Had a couple of "off plan" moments

Amber ~ I've been reading that when you are experiencing stress, weight loss, no matter what plan and how much exercise is very difficult and I think your stress has been off the charts.

Back Blonde ~ Your new plan sounds awesome and I look forward to hearing about your success ... I believe slow and steady wins the lifetime race

Great goal Jayce

Frankie ~ 1.6 pounds is awesome when you are so close to goal and I'm hoping the new medication starts to work soon. Zumba really does sound fun.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Stress is an understatement!!!! LOL

Good weekend so far, got fab rays at my aunts pool, Bobby almost hit a homer last night, OMG it was a huge hit, he got the gameball!!!!!

Still plugging trying to avoid carbs, playing racquetball!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/223/213 Goal# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Good morning, Honey Badgers!

Amber, that's awesome about Bobby's hit! I bet he was super excited.

How was everyone's weekend? I swear it seems the weekend days go by doubly fast when compared to work days. LOL

Went to the grocery store yesterday...went over my budget by $13, so I've really got to work on buckling down and being stricter with my money. I am going to bring lunch & snacks to work as opposed to grabbing stuff out every day. Should be better for my waistline as well!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Blonde- I looked at your plan and I think you are doing something that will work well for you. If you enjoy it and it does not seem so strict like a "diet" I think it will work long term,,,and that is what it is about, being able to sustain a way of eating that is healthy long term. Even if your loss is slow, if it is constant you'll be far ahead with not having to re-lose weight that you have regained over and over.
Thanks Frankie! That is my hope. 100 carbs a day is generous compared to the WOE, which I couldn't stay on anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Happy Saturday ~ Had a couple of "off plan" moments
Back Blonde ~ Your new plan sounds awesome and I look forward to hearing about your success ... I believe slow and steady wins the lifetime race
Thanks Deb! I've got the slow part down pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Stress is an understatement!!!! LOL

Good weekend so far, got fab rays at my aunts pool, Bobby almost hit a homer last night, OMG it was a huge hit, he got the gameball!!!!!

Still plugging trying to avoid carbs, playing racquetball!!!!
Amber~ Racquetball!! WOW! and swimming, my favorite! Great work. I'll bet Bobby's hit got your blood pumpin' too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning, Honey Badgers!

Amber, that's awesome about Bobby's hit! I bet he was super excited.

How was everyone's weekend? I swear it seems the weekend days go by doubly fast when compared to work days. LOL

Went to the grocery store yesterday...went over my budget by $13, so I've really got to work on buckling down and being stricter with my money. I am going to bring lunch & snacks to work as opposed to grabbing stuff out every day. Should be better for my waistline as well!
Great job Jayce. I love to eat take-out way too much. Taking your lunch will save you money and help keep you on the straight and narrow.

I for one am glad the weekend is over. It was a lot of work and too much Pinot last night, after not having any for a week. Happy Monday everyone!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Quote:
when you are experiencing stress, weight loss, no matter what plan and how much exercise is very difficult
Cindy- I did not know this, thanks for the info.
Zumba is really a lot of fun, you should try it. I was just getting to know some of the routines which makes it even more fun. Otherwise if I don't know the steps or mess up I just keep moving until I catch up. In my class you can do that and nobody cares. Plus, there are people of all ages, sizes and abilities in the class so everyone has fun and goes at their own pace. The class I go to is more hip hop than Latin and it's a good cardio workout.

Blonde- I think 100g of carbs is what my BF is trying to do although he does not count. He is steadily losing. Some days you'll eat more and some less. All things in moderation and it will balance out.

Amber- Oh, being at a pool relaxing would be so nice. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Jayce- Yep, eating out costs a lot. We try to go out only on the weekends. It is amazing how much we save eating in. And when you cook it yourself it is way easier to be accurate with tracking the ingredients and no hidden carbs or sugar.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday ~ Wow, did I not want to get out of bed this morning and struggled with motivation ALL day.

Amber ~ Way to go Bobby and I'm craving some sunny weather

Jayce ~ Other than the time it takes to prepare, I actually prefer to bring my lunch.

Blonde ~ Pinot

Frankie ~ You are welcome
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #847

Jayce eating out is the worst!!! So much hidden crap in things no idea how many hidden carbs, sugars, etc, and just bad ingredients! Once you get into a habit of packing, you will like it and you will love the $$ you are saving!!!

I think maybe I am getting older and LC is not working so good, I would like to eat some fruit and stuff especially once I get back to the gym in the mornings, one more week, man I need it, it has been 3 months since I last went to my old gym, now that school is ending and I dont have to drive Bobby I will have time to go and lift again!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
Talking about eating out- We have NO idea the amount of additives, preservatives, SUGAR,... are in restaurant foods. But sometimes we just don't have a choice. I love it when I can pack my lunch. At least then I have a better handle on what I'm putting in my body.

Amber, you are quite a bit younger than I and I am having the same problem with LC not seeming to work for me like it did before. I have prayed for God to tell me the best thing to do to lose weight and it seems He keeps pointing me back to LC.

Have a good one!
Janice
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with all of you ladies! It has already made a huge difference in my sodium intake alone by bringing my own food to work...this will be doubly beneficial b/c it'll benefit my bank account and my booty! Hehe...

Hope everyone's having a great Tuesday.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday ~ Personally, my opinion is ~ I'm not sure it is the low carb, I think it is more the "yo yo" effect of going off and on and off and on - rather than finding a lifestyle that works and we can live with forever.

Now, if only I could listen and follow what I think

Amber ~ Any word about the house?

Janice ~ Sad that they put sugar into almost everything

Jayce ~ Double "B" benefit
Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #851

One thing LC is non forgiving, it is all or nothing with that!!!

No word on house, we will know Fri if the sellers have that 2nd mortgage which will set us back, otherwise we should be able to settle in maybe 30-60 days versus 5 more months, ughghg there is just nothing else we like out there, very few homes for sale overall compared to several months ago!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Now, if only I could listen and follow what I think
Cindy, Ain't that the truth!

Right now I am:
1. trying to NOT eat between meals, especially peanuts- That seems to have helped the last 3-4 days.
2. I am also doing the 16 hr fast as much as possible, eating between the hours of 12 Noon and 8 PM only-so two meals a day
3. I am also trying to keep from going home after work and just sitting in front of the TV until bedtime. (not gonna scare myself off by using the "e" word )

What seems to be working for you all?

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy I agree 100%, the yo-yo effect has dogged me my whole dang dieting life. I've reached a point where I know I can't sustain a certain WOE, I know I'm gonna rebound if I try to do it, so I have to do something else.

Janice~ I've been avidly reading labels and it's appalling the cr@p they put in foods. Right now I'm swinging back and forth like a pendulum, trying this and that, looking for the thing that will help me, keep me motivated, and actually lose a pound or too. IDK.

Amber~LC is non-forgiving, at least to me. I can't do it anymore. I hope you get good news on your house. Notice I said 'your'? Send it into the universe, the house is yours. Go ahead, say it.

Jayce HIYA!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Another day just about done .... had a bit of a breakthrough today. Went to a luncheon meeting and the main course was carby .... I passed. Had some salad and veges. My reward was stopping at my fave place on way to work and picking up dry ribs (thankfully not breaded).

One step and a time. Although low carb is non-forgiving, it seems to be the easiest for me.

Amber ~ Saying some prayers about YOUR house.

Great goals Janice.

Thanks Blonde ~ How are things going with you?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #855

Girls I got good news there is no 2nd mortgage so now so that means these 5 months of waiting are maybe coming to an end, FINGERS CROSSED!!!! So now by Fri they are suppose to give us some kind of timeline for getting the settlement date!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, that is fantastic news!

Cindy, I'm doing better this morning. I had a 500 calorie reset day yesterday after Tuesday's binge...so mentally I feel like I'm back on track.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Badgers!

Janice, I agree with your goal of trying not sit in front of the TV all night -- my bf likes to watch a lot of shows he's recorded on his DVR, but I'm going to make a point of being more active as well!

Amber, that's great news about the house! Hope you get even better news soon.

Blonde, glad to hear yesterday helped you feel like you're back in tune with your body. That's a great way to feel.

To everyone else here -- good morning, lovelies. Happy "Friday Eve!"

I completed W1D2 of C25K last night...felt pretty good overall! I finally figured out the "Speed Interval" button on the treadmill where you can set your "Jog" time for walking & then your "Run" times. It made it wayyyy easier to do the intervals as opposed to pushing the daggone speed button up and down each time. LOL.

I am feeling really good...what I'm doing is working. I think I've found my sweet spot, so to speak. Oh~~I asked my bf if he'd do the Color Run 5K with me in September, and he said he would. Yay!

"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." -Maya Angelou

My New Journal
Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jayce, that's so cool! You've got me green over here with your 5k talk...
Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Good Morning Ladies!
It's so encouraging to see everyone working so hard and staying on plan.

Jayce- I'm so excited for you! C25K changed my life I am also doing the Colour Run for the first time this summer - so excited!

Amber- Awesome news! You'll be able to enjoy summer in your new home

Cindy- Great job! It is always difficult to pick over carby foods, especially when your options are limited. You definitely earned those ribs

Blonde- I like that you've reset mentally, instead of counting on the scale to tell you.

Janice- I try not to eat between meals too. I keep a small bag of almonds in my purse for emergency munchies when I'm out, but I avoid them at home.

Anyone I missed-

I am feeling much better this week. I reviewed my food logs and tweaked my diet and my energy level is back up. I think I will give it another week then go back for more bloodwork to check for differences. In the meantime, I'm back to working out and last night ran my longest stretch in almost a year (I'd been doing intervals to increase my mileage).

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristyn, thank you! You know I didn't even consider that I got better without the scale. That's a definite non-scale victory. WOOT!

Congrats on completing C25k. Amazing thing!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thursday

Amber ~ that is great news.

Way to go Blonde

Happy Friday Eve to you to Jayce and that is awesome that you have found the sweet spot

I'm glad that you are feeling better Kristyn.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been pretty stressed this week and I just didn't care about my plan and I caved and had a couple of handfulls of some goldfish crackers. Stress was not the reason, I can't use that as an excuse, I just wanted something simple I could put in my hand and eat. I am normally not around carb junk food at my house so this was a lesson for me. I would like to toss them out but they are for someone lese. I am bringing my LC foods and also taking my food sealer tomorrow and sealing up all the open bags of junk food as I will not open a sealed bag even in a weak moment.

Kristyn & Jayce- I did the Color Run a couple of months ago, I walked because I have a reconstructed ankle and cannot run, but it was such a fun time with people of all abilities. Make sure you dress up fun and goofy. I got my friends colored tutus and bright feather boas. Taking the train back into Dallas was also fun as there were thousands of us covered in color and the regular train riders thought we were crazy.

Amber- What wonderful news about the mortgage. I hope the timeline for getting moved is short.

Blonde- I hope you are back to your plan and holding steady.

Kristyn- Do you think the change in your diet has helped with your energy levels?
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #863

I saw that color run and thought it looked cool! I am down 3 pounds finally! My word, now to have no caving this weekend! I got Chris Powell's book Choose More Lose More for life and I am going to read it, plan and start it on Monday and see how the carb cycling works since I will be back to morning workouts! 2 more days of school and one less hour of driving, yippee!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, ladies! I'm down 4.8 lbs from last Friday -- I am pleasantly surprised! Yesterday, I ate right under 2,000 calories & 250 carbs (207 net) & it was my "rest day" from exercise...I've been eating based on my BMR & TDEE (if you Google these, there's some really helpful information as reference). I am feeling more "normal" & at peace in regards to my eating, and that's a new feeling for me. I track everything still, but I don't feel like I am anywhere near deprived. I'm certain the biggest difference is I started packing my food to bring to work. I have a feeling a lot of it is b/c I'm taking in way less sodium & additives, so I'm nowhere near as bloated.

Frankie, that's a great idea -- I would definitely love to dress up in a silly way. Any chance where I get to act like a kid, I try to grab it! LOL. I must admit, goldfish crackers can be a "treat" to me sometimes...my 3 year old nieces love them.

Kristyn, I started C25K before (in Fall 2011, I think), but I stopped after about 2 weeks. I am determined this time! When is your race this summer?

Blonde, Good morning, pretty lady! How is everything on your side?

Cindy, Happy Friday! Has work been less stressful?

Amber, congrats on the great loss! I think that calorie & carb cycling can be helpful, so I'll be interested to follow your progress.

Last edited by Jayce; 06-07-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning All!

Frankie~ you are a rock. I hope this weekend is less stressful for you. I really like the idea of re-sealing bags of goodies. Smart. I'm back on track and feeling better.

Cindy~thank you! Do you have plans for the weekend?

Amber~ WTG on the loss! 3 lbs is fabulous. Let us know how you like the book.

Jayce~ Wow 4.8 lbs??? It is a testament to your new routine of taking food to work and getting in movement. Yay!

I'm down 1.6 lbs this week. I'll take whatever I can get.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, it seemed like the week has flown by.

Frankie ~ That is a great idea to seal the bags. Thanks for sharing.

Amber ~ That book sounds amazing.

Jayce ~ Probably not for a bit, I have 2 events one right after the other but thanks for asking.

Blonde ~ 1.6 pounds is awesome.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #867

Yeah losers this week, maybe the whoosh fairy decided to play nice! I am def starting Chris Powell's plan on Monday need to go shopping and get prepared for what I need to do!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Jayce!!!

I'm down a little this week and hope to keep it off this weekend-

Have a good one-
Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am down 2.2 this week which I am pleased with considering all the stress, not sleeping well and boredom I have had this week. I am a bit frazzled and wired all at the same time, I can only describe it as twitchy and tired at the same time. But my BF's mom will probably not last more than two weeks at best and he has not been able to deal with any of it so I am the one it all falls on.

Jayce- Wow, fantastic loss! I am thrilled for you.

Blonde- Yup, 1.6 pounds this week is great! That's 83 lbs a year.

Amber- Good job on the three pounds lost! I am not familiar with Chris Powell's plan, I'll have to read up on it.

Cindy- I hope your upcoming events are successful.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #870
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hello Hello! Climbing back in here because I need to keep on with the support of all you lovely ladies!

Frankie~ I'm so sorry about all that's going on with your BF's mom Lots of stress for sure, but I'm happy to see you are still taking care of yourself.

Janice~ alittle bit each with will lead to wonderful things. Go you!

Kristyn~ totally going to be looking to you someday for advice about running...my dream is to someday run a marathon! You're awesome

Blonde~ Be proud of that loss! It all adds up, girlfriend.

Cindy, Jayce~ I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!!

Amber~ 3 pounds...YAY!!! Can't tell ya the last time I ever saw a loss that big in 1 week..it's been years! Good for you!
-------------------------------

I'm just finishing up the last pages of Chris Powell's book.. have thoroughly enjoyed it, time well spent IMO. I'll start the program probably Wednesday.. until then I'll continue with my calorie counting.

Somehow hurt my back so I'm laid up today..it hurts to even breathe..so not much movement has occurred..I was doing so well with working my stairs here as some short exercise and now I can't even move. Anxious to get back to all of that..but right now about all the exercise I'm getting is the path back & forth to the loo

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote