Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am down 1.8lbs this week. I have been having some strong episodes of dizziness and vertigo the last week so I have not done much moving around at all. But I now have less than 50lbs to goal!

Hooligan- So glad the weight stuck this week, fingers crossed for ya for next week.

Jayce- Awesome job on getting to your lowest weight this year!! Your exercise schedule is awesome. Looks like you are really putting in the time to make a great transformation this year.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Great loss, Frankie...you are chugging right along!

Thank you...now I need to work on this next 10 lbs. I feel like the exercise habit is kicking in, and that's 1 thing for which I'm grateful. I try not to rely on the scale so much, but it's hard. Like I said earlier though, I know I need to eat fewer processed/packaged items. I'm sure switching to more whole foods would make a difference in my weight and how I feel overall.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #813
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glendabuffy
Stats: 180
WOE: None
Start Date: January 2012
Well, I sure got off to a rocky start but am trying and I know that's what counts! I have 50 pounds to lose, one pound at a time (sigh).
I'm glad to find this site and this thread! I Am Not Alone (and that sure helps)!!!
We can do it!!
glendabuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #814
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glendabuffy
Stats: 180
WOE: None
Start Date: January 2012
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention....
I have lost 4 pounds in two and an half weeks!
Only 46 pounds to go!!
glendabuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I shared on another thread that after having a relaxing weekend, I am struggling to get motivated.

Frankie ~ Sorry to hear about your vertigo. Maybe you should go to the Dr. and "congrats" on the weight loss. You are such an inspiration.

Hooligan

Mama ~ Woo Hoo to beating your time by 2min

Glenda ~ 4 pounds gone

Jayce ~ Way to go, lowest weight and exercise
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Cindy!

Hope your week has started fairly well -- Mondays are difficult to face sometimes.

Congrats on the loss, glenda.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glenda- WTG on the loss. It really is just one pound at a time and eventually all those pounds really add up.

Cindy- The vertigo is from Menieres disease. The last time I had an issue with it was 4 years ago. It is a chronic disease that can get be quite debilitating for some people and in the end can cause deafness. I finally went to to otolaryngologist today and got back on meds. Last time I started meds I stopped having the vertigo after about a month and I took the meds up until last July. So I am hopeful they will work well again. In addition to a vasodilator and a diuretic I have to keep a specially formulated quick acting drug called atropine with me 24/7 to take if I get the spins. FYI- If you ever get nausea from being dizzy Valium is the best medication.

I hear ya on the Monday's being hard. I am glad you had a relaxing weekend. You did so great the last week hopefully that will be motivation in itself.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am down 3.6lbs from last week so I am feeling good.

How is everyone doing?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
Up a pound here....still working through my Mother's Day Indulgence...sigh...just keep swimming, just keep swimming....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Hang in there Hooligan!

I'm still here, back down to 199.8. I'm sure I will be up again after this weekend - we went to a wedding last night and it's a holiday weekend so lots of bbq stuff and tempting deserts. I've been having issues with extreme fatigue (more like feeling "drugged" constantly) for the last few weeks. I'm just waiting for the bloodwork to confirm it's just low iron as my dr expects. I'm frustrated because I've been ordered not to run or work out much until this is cleared up. The good news is it may explain why my weight loss has been so slow for a while.

Have a great week ladies!

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristyn- I hope the doc finds he reason for your fatigue. In the past I have had extreme fatigue from my thyroid being low and also from adrenal fatigue where my cortisol level was too low. I take daily thyroid meds and an OTC adrenal support capsule in addition to a carbonyl iron tablet. I also take vitamin C with the iron as it helps the iron absorb into the body.

Hooligan- I hope this week is a good on plan week for you.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness Frankie, you look amazing! Love the new avi!!!!
Thanks for the info, she is also testing for thyroid among many other things but iron seems to be the most likely culprit.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Kristyn - my daughter has been suffering from fatigue as well. All her bloodwork came back normal.

It is allergy season here. She had a sinus infection a couple of months ago. I just set an apppointment for allergy testing, because we don't know what else it could be.

Yes, Frankie, you *are* looking good!
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies. I am typically camera shy (hating to see just how fat I am) but now as I drop the pounds I am getting better at it.

Kristyn- I hope your doc finds the culprit and you start feeling better soon. I hope you do not need iron infusions.

KT- Yep, allergies can definitely zap your energy too and allergy shots do help after the initial 6 months.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Hello .... I'm sorry I have been so hit and miss. Been on plan more than I've been off plan.

Last weekend was a holiday weekend in Canada and truly enjoyed some more down time.

Busy, busy week at work - getting ready for the next event.

Group
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is going well. I am down 1.6lbs this week. Gotta get more active the next few weeks to keep the scale moving.

Cindy- Glad you had a great holiday weekend. What are the events that you put on?

Last edited by Phranquie; 05-25-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #827
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey girlies I am back again!!!!!!! Missed you all glad to see so many of you here still fighting!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone ?? I'm hanging in there. Had a bit of a cold but it seems to be better.

Work is crazy busy but what is new

Hope all of my American friends had an amazing long weekend

Frankie ~ As I mentioned on the other thread, you are doing amazing. Such an inspiration.

Back Amber - I'm so glad to hear that you Nan was able to come home.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Frankie ~ I just saw your question now. I work for a non-profit and I plan all of the events and most of them are to raise funds to help with the many programs that we offer.

Next one is a Walk-A-Thon & Family Fun Day.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Cindy -- Happy "Hump Day!" Hope your work situation gets better...I know how that can be.

Frankie, WTG on the loss! You're truckin' right along!

Welcome back, Amber! So glad your Nan is doing better.

I am up after the holiday weekend, which was expected. I kinda went a little crazy with food...I even got sick to my stomach on Memorial Day after I went to a cookout. I ate way too much and drank more than I usually do also, so my tummy was upset all night long. Was it worth it? HECK no! lol. I really need to learn not to go hog wild on holidays.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 05-29-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday

Today was a good day.

Jayce ~ did you have fun - other than the upset stomach - while you were going crazy
Old 05-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #832

Hey girls I have been being strict I will weigh tomorrow and if that scale doesnt move,I am going to kick it!!! House stress I am a stress ball!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #833
Major LCF Poster!

I've been MIA for a few weeks while I waited for blood results. Everything came back normal, so now she wants to rule out cardiac problems since my heart rate goes excessively high (180+) when I run. I am so frustrated, even tried going off plan for a week to see if that would help with the dizziness/fatigue. It didn't - I felt even worse because I was eating like crap lol. So I'm back on plan this week with a few more lbs to lose. At least I've been given permission to work out while I wait for the next set of tests so the weight should move again.

Cindy- I plan events as well, mostly children's birthday parties. My next one is a garden tea party

Amber- Welcome back! We missed you
Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Another day is done ~ woo hoo.

Amber ~ way to go sticking with the plan when you are under so much stress. Hoping your hard work will be rewarded on the scale.

Kristyn ~ Hope they figure out what is wrong soon. Loved planning my DD's Birthday parties. That would be a GREAT job. I love my job but the constant fundraising gets hard.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #835

girls, I swear I dont understand why LC is not working for me anymore, well granted it has been 3 days but I played racquetball over an hour every night, and I lost a whopping .6 but I guess its better than gaining! This weekend will be the test to get through a weekend with no cheating!!! LOL
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hello everyone~ I've been MIA too, in a state of self-loathing. I am back, much better, have a new plan and hoping to remove the 8 pounds I regained over a period of a few prednisone filled weeks. Bounced from 209 to 219.4 and now at 217.6. sheesh. Truly demoralizing.

Amber, Frankie, Cindy Kristyn, Jayce

Please forgive me if I left anyone out.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday, all!

Kristyn, I'm glad you've been given clearance by your doctor to work out...hope they find out what's going on. *Hugs*

Amber, WTG on the racquetball workouts! Those sound pretty intense. I understand your frustration with the scale...sometimes it seems to defy logic. Hoping your weekend starts off great!

Cindy, Happy Friday!

Blonde, I went from around 218 to 240 in the course of a few months (really, once I started dating my bf). It's been harder to take off than put on -- that's for sure! LOL. Glad to see you're ready to tackle it again...most of us can relate!

232 this morning...shooting to be 219 by July 24th, my bday. I think that's feasible.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am plugging along slowly. Down 1.6lbs this week which is slow, but as I creep toward my goal it is understandably getting more difficult. I have not been able to exercise much with the dizziness and vertigo from Meniere's. But I am hopeful that the new medications I am taking will diminish those symptoms and I can resume Zumba and riding my new bike.

Amber- Just stick with it. You know that with LC you can eat more and not have the hunger and cravings you would on other kinds of plans. I hope the house stress ends soon and you'll be moved in and relaxing after all your hard work.

Kristyn- Sorry that the tests did not reveal what is making you so fatigued. I hope the new tests give you some answers and relief.

Blonde- What new plan are you on? I completely understand the self loathing. Every time I would drop off plan, binge for months and gain massive amounts of weight, my self loathing would emerge for not having control and getting so big my "fattest" clothes would not fit me. The funny thing is that once I get focused and back on plan that self loathing completely disappears because I know I am trying and that makes me feel good about myself again. I try to focus on the great feeling I have every day that I am successful or even when I don't do so great but still stick with it. What is done is in the past and the best thing is that you can drop that weight and start feeling great about yourself again. Focus on today and what you CAN do.

Cindy- I like that you are back and posting often! I know that it really helps me stay accountable when I post.

Last edited by Phranquie; 06-01-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Old 06-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jayce~ Isn't it crazy how quickly the good can be undone?? Your goal sounds completely doable! I agree, it feels good to be in control instead of randomly eating and feeling awful every day. Are you feeling better?

Frankie~ I have a new journal for my new woe, it's in my siggy line. Come visit if you can. In a nutshell I'm taking from several different LC plans to come up with mine. I'm counting everything with a goal of 15g sugar, 100 g of carbs and 1500 calories (give or take). 30 minutes minimum of 'movement' everyday. It's going to be a lifestyle change, I can no longer afford to crash and burn, so slow steady and live. What do you think? 1.6lbs lost in in a week is great news. You are getting close to goal so you're naturally going to slow down a bit. I'm really glad you're feeling better!

Just working my plan and trying not to be mad at myself for losing so much ground, but it's a new day/week/month. I don't have any weight loss goals, I'm afraid to expect anything for fear of derailing myself when I don't make it. My losses have been excruciatingly slow. so much more the damage when I have to start over....
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde- I looked at your plan and I think you are doing something that will work well for you. If you enjoy it and it does not seem so strict like a "diet" I think it will work long term,,,and that is what it is about, being able to sustain a way of eating that is healthy long term. Even if your loss is slow, if it is constant you'll be far ahead with not having to re-lose weight that you have regained over and over.