Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Janice- It is a big deal to pick yourself up and get back on plan. I think this is more important than falling off the wagon by far. It is great that you did not let one small foray into carbs totally derail you! You've had such great losses lately, you be right back there in a couple of days.

KT- Nice to see you. I never thought of using a panini make for hash browns, yum, th crispy bits are the best part.

Hooligan- No shame to get back on the wagon, everyone here has fallen off. I hope you have a great on plan week. We weigh in on Fridays, I added you to the spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JY2lTNmc#gid=0

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
Thanks for the welcome and for putting me back on the spreadsheet! I'm not feeling too bad about the wagon because while I've been gone from this thread for a long time, I've been staying on plan with eating up until the last 1-2 weeks. I haven't lost as much as I would have liked...but I've been goofing around drinking too much wine and beer so my weight loss has been at a turtles pace. I have 2 weddings coming up this summer (the first is in June! Yikes!) and a dress that fits but is still a little too snug and so I've really got to kick it into high gear start paying attention to what I'm doing and make actively losing a priority rather than passively losing. Does that make any sense? I've been in coping mode with work since August and just trying to stay afloat and not gain but now that the school year is winding down and summer is coming I'm faced with the harsh reality that I've only lost 25 pounds or so since August. While I'm glad that I didn't gain (this time last year, I had gained 60 pounds during my 1st year teaching) and in fact lost, I do wish I had been more vigilant and lost more. Oh well, water under the bridge now...all I can do is pull on my big-girl panties and get crackin'!

~Robert Frost

My Journal...such as it is
245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
WOE: Atkins
Hooligan - Welcome back!

I'm up 1lb (darn scale wouldn't budge that .2 to get me under 200 lol) but TOM is looming, I have a cold and I haven't been off plan at all. I've been faithfully using my ketostix and haven't been out of ketosis so I will have faith that a woosh is coming.
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

OK...so I'm thinking of making a onderland goal for myself. I was thinking of getting my hair done (cut, color, etc...) for a onderland goal. I have a wedding June 1st and would love to achieve this by then. I just feel like I've been looking so shabby lately and could use a real pick-me-up! On the plus side, I weight myself this morning and I'm back down to 215. So in theory, I only have 15 pounds to go, but to lose that by June 1st...I'm not sure if that's possible.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #785
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey girlies, things have been crazy I am still here low carbing, down 7 pounds I will take it, I will take anything I can get!!! It is now 8 weeks of living with Mom, and no word on the house, all we know is they are working and we will get 2 weeks notice prior to settlement! I am so ready!!!!

Excellent news about my Nan, she got the fixator rod off her arm, she is walking with the walker and doing 6 steps, now she can use her other hand, she is on track to be home by June! She is freaking amazing!!!! So my life is work, go to see her, I get home around 8 it is messing up working out and I have the mud run in a week, LOL OMG I will die in that mud but I am going to pray and push myself and just do it!!!

Taking Tony away on Saturday night to a romantic place he doesnt know where I am taking him! We needed a little get away!!!

Hooligan, glad to see you hun!!!

Frankie thanks for doing the spreadsheet!!!! I can't even access it right and its my spreadsheet, LOL

Thinking of all you girls!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
SO glad Nan is doing better
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
OK...so I'm thinking of making a onderland goal for myself. I was thinking of getting my hair done (cut, color, etc...) for a onderland goal. I have a wedding June 1st and would love to achieve this by then. I just feel like I've been looking so shabby lately and could use a real pick-me-up! On the plus side, I weight myself this morning and I'm back down to 215. So in theory, I only have 15 pounds to go, but to lose that by June 1st...I'm not sure if that's possible.

Just my opinion Hooley, but why wait until June to get that great cut and color? Nothing like a boost to the self -esteem to make you feel good and help you stay on track. I say go for it, now.

Amber, Frankie, Mama Kristin, Janet...everyone...hope you're having a great week! I'm hanging in there, too.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-25-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
TGIF!

Still no scale so I will post last weeks weigh in...again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JY2lTNmc#gid=0
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After not having lost much the last few weeks I am down 6.6lbs this week. I have now lost 150lbs! I am 3/4 of the way to my goal.

Amber- WTG on the 7lbs! Glad to hear your Nan is doing so well.

Hooligan- I think if you are determined that 15lbs is doable.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I'm down to 213 this moring! Yeah! It's all just fluid and junk I put back on from my 2 week derailment but I'm still happy with it. Once I get below 210, I will feel like I'm actually losing again. Hopefully by next week.

Woo Hoo! To all the other losses as well!

I have a quick questions for you all...Does anyone else have problems waking up really sweaty? I'm not sure if this is just a mid-thirties thing or a LC thing. I've never really noticed it doing LC before but lately I've been waking up sweaty enough to even dampen the bed sheets! It's really gross!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Frankie- Congrats! 150lbs lost is AMAZING!!!

Hooligan- I did have that problem a while back and I remember thinking it may be related to lc...then it went away and I forgot all about it. I don't have any answers for you but it is interesting to know someone else has the same problem.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #792
Senior LCF Member

Yes Frankie, that is amazing! That's a whole person! That is an amazingly inspirational accomplishment!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Honey Badgers! It's a beautiful day here in NWI! I think I'm going to work in the yard today and let the girls play with the chickens. Our new flock hasn't yet had the opportunity or free range it yet and today looks like a great day for it! Have a beautiful day ladies!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Frankie - congratulations!!! Wow what an accomplishment!!!

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Oh Dear God!!!

OK, please be gentle...I've never posted pictures on here before and I'm nervous...So I'm going to a wedding June 1st...I have a month and a pair of Spanx on the way and I need to buy a better bra...is there ANY hope for this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-04-28 13.33.49.jpg (23.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-04-28 13.35.38.jpg (23.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
Hoolihan,
I think your dress hits you at a good length. What jewelry, if any, are you thinking about putting with it?

Janice
freeman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Definitely different shoes will be worn with this dress too but I was only planning on wearing a bracelet and earrings. I thought a necklace might be too much with all the sequins and beads on the dress. I just don't know if Spanx and a better bra will be enough to pull the dress off. I've never owned a pair before and my friend assured me that they will do the trick and the dress will be fine but I don't know. Right now...it's looking like a train wreck! I just don't think a month and some Spanx will be enough to fix this mess! I cringe every time I see these pictures...
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Hooligan- Trainwreck!! Honestly, I looked at your pictures objectively- as though I would be the one wearing it and I think it's a beautiful dress. I don't think you look "big" at all, but the Spanx will really smooth everything out. I think the dress will be really flattering with the proper undergarments. The important thing is that you feel good wearing it.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hooligan- I had a similar shaped dress that I wore to a wedding two years ago. A body shaper or Spanx really helped to smooth out my bulges. My BF had to help me into the Spanx, (no joke) but once I had it on I was actually very comfortable in it. Target has some great shape wear called Sweet Nothings that is less expensive than Spanx and quite good and they also have the Target brand from Spanx called Assets but I have never tried the Assets. The Sweet Nothings is only about $20 for a shaper that runs from just below the bra to mid thigh. I still have my Spanx shaper size 2X, worn only that one time that I would send you but I think that you might be too small for it. Look at the Spanx chart and let me know if you want it.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Hooligan- I had a similar shaped dress that I wore to a wedding two years ago. A body shaper or Spanx really helped to smooth out my bulges. My BF had to help me into the Spanx, (no joke) but once I had it on I was actually very comfortable in it. Target has some great shape wear called Sweet Nothings that is less expensive than Spanx and quite good and they also have the Target brand from Spanx called Assets but I have never tried the Assets. The Sweet Nothings is only about $20 for a shaper that runs from just below the bra to mid thigh. I still have my Spanx shaper size 2X, worn only that one time that I would send you but I think that you might be too small for it. Look at the Spanx chart and let me know if you want it.
Aww, thanks for the offer. I just ordered my Spanx yesterday. According to the chart I needed a 1x. My friend warned me that I might need help getting into it! She joked that we should video ourselves getting into them and post it on youtube. She said we'd go viral immediately! Anyway, had a great day today but there was a small hitch. I played hooky from work and took a personal day to spend with the hubs. We went shopping and found a Trader Joes...I tried the seaweed snacks...um... So glad they were only $0.99 I also purchased some chia seeds so I'll have to cruise around and see what I can do with them. After the girls got home from school though, we went to Costco and on the way we stopped at Red Lobster for dinner. By far NOT my favorite place to eat but DH likes it so I agreed. Here's where the frustration kicks in...He ordered the calamari for an appetizer while I was in the restroom. When I returned, he told me that he ordered it and I told him that I wasn't going to be having any because of the breading. While I've been really trying not to be a carb **** this go around I have also recognized that my losses have been less than stellar. I was a little irked at that and I truly hate the idea of spending so much money on an appetizer and throwing it away. My kids are 8 and 5 so needless to say, they weren't too keen on the appetizer. I ended up eating way more than I should have just to keep from wasting it. I did stay on plan for the rest of the meal though even though DH ordered crab and linguini alfredo. I don't know why he does stuff like that...but that's on him and not on me. I'm getting better at accepting that and not using as an excuse for my own shame spiral down the carb hole. But I am still ticked at myself and him for the whole calamari thing! If I was going to indulge, I would have much rather indulged in a glass of wine and it would have been better for me too! Argh...I need to just let this go.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Hi everyone. Fell off the wagon again. I've been back on plan for 5 days. Had gained 4 pounds. Will weigh again on Friday.

Missed everyone
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #802
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Had a good day. Couldn't wait until tomorrow and was very happy with the scale 317 ~ now to keep up the trend.

How is everyone else?
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am down 2.8lbs from last week.

Cindy- Great job on losing those extra pounds! I am so glad to see you back on the wagon and posting again.

Hooligan- I am the doggie-bag queen. I try to cut my portions on everything and bring it home for another meal. So I might share an app and then take home most of my entree or I order another app. Fried calamari is one of my favorite higher carb foods that I do eat on occasion, but it is usually planned and when I have not had many carbs for the day. Don't sweat it but do talk to your husband about it, maybe when you're not so pissed at him. He might not have understood at the time about the breading on the squid. Next time watch him like a hawk!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #804
Senior LCF Member

Slight gain this week to 215, but I don't think it's an actual gain so I'm not going to sweat it! I've been in ketosis constantly. I upped my Calcium and haven't been "regular" in a while...so I think that may be part of the problem.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Frankie, the lbs are just melting off you! WTG!

Cindy- Nice loss!

I'm up one today, but I'm sure it's just bloat from being off plan yesterday. I ran a 5k race with my sister. It was chocolate themed (for an early mother's day) and everyone got a coach purse and was treated with a chocolate buffet afterwards. It was amazing, but the best part was that we beat my best time by 2min! We met up with some friends for sushi afterwards, so didn't eat much of the chocolate and brought most of it home for the kids instead. I'm back to square one today, and even got up early to work out.

The voice inside you that says you can't do this... is a liar.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

I was 210 today! Hopefully I will either drop below this or at least maintain for the spreadsheet on Friday! It would be sooo nice to be on Onderland by June 1st! I'm not sure if that's going to happen but I can keep my fingers crossed!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristyn- WTG on the 5K! Sounds like you had a great time.

Hooligan- I take magnesium and stool softeners to try and keep regular but my weight can still fluctuate a lot for seemingly no reason. Great job on getting to 210. You never know how the month will go, so a 10lb loss might be doable. It sure is motivation to stay on plan!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #808
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Phrankie I just cannot get over your stats! Woo hoo!
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #809
Senior LCF Member

Maintained my 210 even with AF showing up this morning! Woo Woo! Hopefully that will mean I get a decent whoosh for next week! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! How's everybody else doing?

Have a great day ladies!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.5/212.5 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, moderate carbs, exercise
Morning, ladies...long time, no check-in. I've kept tabs on this thread every now & then though and have been updating my last several weigh-ins. I was 229.8 this morning, so that's my lowest WI so far this year (reviewing the chart). I started exercising a month ago yesterday, and have increased the amounts as of last week. I now do bootcamp classes 3x's a week, go to Planet Fitness 2x's a week, and try to do 1 day where I do workout dvd's or walk outside. I am still figuring out the eating aspect, but have mainly been tracking my calories, carbs, fats, etc. My next big goal is gradually reducing the amount of processed foods I eat!

Congrats to everyone on their successes, and I hope you have a great Friday.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote