Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Chelsey- so proud of you!!! And to you and Cee no one at the gym is thinking that, they are thinking how awesome it is that you are there!!!! Look at the positive, you are going and that is what counts!!!!!

Congrats all you losers, and to us hanging by a thread as long as we are trying that is all we can do!!!

I have exciting news, we got a trainer at the gym they say she is a fabulous,and she is also a running coach!I am meeting her Tues at 5:00 am, she said she has no problem meeting me there, I am going to get ripped!!! I am going to bust my arse with her, she does nutritional counseling as well, dudes I don't think all fat is cutting it for me, I am seriously thinking I need to try low fat and add more carbs again! OMG I am so confused it just toally ticks me off when I feel I am being so strict and still am not losing a ton, and I am working out, it is frustrating!

KT- I hear ya, I do the same thing over and over expecting a different result, isnt that the definition of insanity? LOL

I am stokked about this new girl, I am going to do whatever she says and devote myself to trying whatever she says!!! I gotta move this darn weight plus it seems she might be able to help me run!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebug123
Stats: 250.5/205/175
Start Date: July 13, 2011
I have been the same weight all week. I ate on plan all week sooo hoping for some loss this next week

I even skated today. My ODD has her first competition on Sunday and the rink was pretty slow so I got out on the ice with her to help her with her routine. Polished up her spin a little more she was doing a weird arm thing with it. Anyhow, while she was off playing with friends in between her routine practice I worked pretty hard on a few new things. Kinda getting the hang of skating backwards and doing a spin, still feels akward but one of the other skaters was helping me and said it looked ok...I'm happy with that lol!
Goal #1 225lbs "first 25" *reached 9/21/11*
Goal #2 214lbs "overweight bmi" *reached 11/12/11*
Goal #3 199.5lbs "onderland" *reached 2/1/12*
Goal #4 178lbs "normal bmi"
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Yay Cindy. New weight gone.

Amber. Have fun with the new trainer. You sound so excited and I think that is a key to losing. Doing something new and fun can work sometimes.

Beebug... Oh skating sounds so fun. I would love to do that again. I haven't been skating in years.

Today is a good day!!!! Beginning of 6th day on JUDDD and feeling fine. I woke up to 210.6, a .4 loss after an UD!!! I will take it. 10.6 lbs lost since getting serious and starting back on January 2. I doubt that the diets good effects have kicked in after just 6 days but I feel amazing!!! So much energy. My plans are to start doing some cardio here at home and some weight training. And still get to Zumba hopefully once a week. I would love to go more but until we get some more money I just can't fit it into the budget more than once a week. So that's the plan.

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Melanie, so glad you are feeling well on JUDDD! It doesn't take much time at all to feel the benefits! I'm on day 3 of DD's after having been gone from JUDDD for so long. I feel good and very positive!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebug123
Stats: 250.5/205/175
Start Date: July 13, 2011
That is great you are both having success with JUDDD. It scares me to think of trying something else to loose since I have done so well with very low carb.
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Saturday and although I am at work, clearly I'm not working very hard if I'm on the internet ... of course that kind of defeats the purpose of being on work. Dang sometimes I'm so logical it is scary.

Back to work .... have a great day everyone.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebug123 View Post
That is great you are both having success with JUDDD. It scares me to think of trying something else to loose since I have done so well with very low carb.
I found JUDDD looking for something that would work for me! If VLC is working for you, then you're golden! If for some reason you need to switch, you may find JUDDD a good choice, or you may find something else that works. The main thing is don't give up.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #308

We packed all day yesterday we ordered pizza and I had a slice and 1/2 Italian sub and the scale moved lower, go figure!!!!

Meet with old trainer and then looking forward to some football!!!!!

Have a good one girls!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: freeman525
Stats: (241)201.8/197.5/141
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 12/30/13
I'm back in town after a 7 leg, two day trip to see family. Whew, I'm tired AND sick. I did pretty well doing LC until DH's 87 year old aunt INSISTED that we eat dinner with her before we left. We'd had a late lunch and were not even hungry... You know the rest.

Today I'm staying home from church so as not to spread my cold and trying to catch up with Facebook and email.

Looks like most of you had a successful weigh-in this past Friday. Good for you guys!

Gonna veg out in front of the TV today, watch football and eat some soup. Have a great day, all.

Janice

PS- I like the "fit" category. I want to be fit, too.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Velvet
Stats: 220/193.8/ goal 150
WOE: Low Carb / dr. Frank
Start Date: okt 2012
Ofcourse I had to join a group just before an insanely bussy weekend. So I had a lot of caching up to do. But thank you all for the warm welcome!

I was also down this week. 3 pounds, what is a LOT. I did excercise a lot tough, and was on plan. After this weekend I might be up again, because I did veer off plan yesterday.

@ Sara: Fit is good! Personaly I think healthy and happy looks prettier that "skinny"
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #311

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Your body is like a pre teen Amber, it says "I'll do whatever I want!" LOL and is just as fickle!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
I couldn't do JUDD b/c I'm a binge eater. An UD would send me into a frenzy. I need to keep my calories and blood sugar steady to feel good and lose weight. But I'm super-jealous of everyone who can do it b/c people are dropping weight like mad on that program.

My resolution this year is to track intake, so maybe I will try to mix up my caloric intake a bit a la JUDD and see what that does...
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday and working again. Employee is still sick which means I have to cover for her again tomorrow and my own work won't get done

Feeling incredibly tired today.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hi everyone!! Do you mind if I join in the challenge?? Need to get myself motivated to start losing weight again. I lost over 30 pounds last year doing Dukan. Then about ten pounds doing IF and just cutting back on my portions and snacks. And then ten pounds when I got sick over Thanksgiving. thankfully I kept that off.

I first did LC back in 2000. Started out at @230 and went down to 175. Kept it off for a while, but then put it all back on again. Started Dukan last year and did really well taking off @30 pounds. I've lost a little over 50 pounds now. My next big goal is to get to 164, which puts in a healthy weight range. That's about 15 pounds to go!!

I need to start eating a better and get away from the sweets. I gave up drinking diet soda two months ago, and I don't plan on starting that up again. I do drink lots of water. Iced tea, too. I use stevia in my tea now. Only use splenda if I don't have a choice.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!! Nighty night!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #315

Lenise! I am glad to have you here!! I will add you to the chart, weigh ins are Friday!

So my trainer stood me up yesterday I was so furious, I drove the whole way there which is like 30 minutes away and I get a text, I just woke up I can see you at 11, well too bad I had things to do, so I am looking forward to meeting this local gal at my gym tomorrow, so had to do my C25K, so I told my son, come on you are going to walk/run with me, so we had a good time, it was so windy though OMG! But I did it, 3 runs of C25k, suppose to start week 2 now, but now it is freezing here, so we will see how that goes. Then I had a run in with the little carb hoes, called Girl Scouts, my son wanted cookies, well looking at them I caved! So interesting that for 2 days I ate like crap and lost weight! I think I don't eat enough doing low carb or something, so I need to stay away from the GS cookies.

Tony is leaving now for a work trip then Wed to go to AZ to see our friends at the rock shows in Quartzite so just me and Bobby! So that will be an easy week!

Let's have a good one girls!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Good Morning Badgers!
Back to square one today. I only worked out once or twice last week (after my 13 mile run my body was screaming for a break!) I feel rested today and ready to get back into it. About being FIT: Physically I'm in really good shape, but I don't look it at all. I'd like to LOOK fit on the outside too

Amber - Boo at the trainer! I'd be livid

Lenise-

Jes- I don't think I'd have the discipline for JUDD either.

Have a great day ladies!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Have a great day all
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Great Morning HB's!!

286.8 this am...going down. TOM is gone!! WhEW Until another 28-30 days at least. LOL

Have a great day on plan HB's!!

Welcome Lenise and any other newbies I missed.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hi everyone. Glad to see all HB's are still hard at it. Keep it up the good work!! Dedication and Determination will pay off!!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am back form visiting my dad and stepmom in Florida. I tried teaching them about carbs but they didn't really get it when they asked if I wanted crackers with soup, pretzels as a snack, and rice as a sub for potatoes in a restaurant. They made pasta one night and I did have the meat balls and about 1/4 cup of pasta which was within my carb limit for the day. The killer was my rail thin dad wanting to make me his special giant french toast with whipped cream, berries and syrup. I did not cave and had an egg and canadian bacon and some of the berries. All in all for a trip I did better than usual when I travel and I did not gain weight.

Welcome Lenise!

Sannie- Great job on losing the 3 lbs this week!

Amber- I would be so ticked off at that trainer! Very unprofessional to tell you she can make the early time and then oversleep.

Janice- Feel better soon!

Melanie- WTG on the 10.6 loss this month!

**** I just got a message from the admins for mentioning a certain food tracking program online that Amber mentioned. It starts with an "F" and ends in "Day". They said I violated the terms of service and deleted the sentence out of my post! WTH is this about? I was just asking if another tracker starting with 'My" and with a middle of "F*tness" and ending in "Pal" was that much better than the one starting with "F" and ending in "Day". I never knew these word were prohibited!

Last edited by Phranquie; 01-21-2013 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Admins deleted sentence on food/weight trackers because they are somehow inappropriate.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Frankie!!! Yea family is the worst... they mean well but just don't get it sometimes.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #322

Frankie, yeah I got it too, LOL I didnt know either!

That is something to travel and not gain weight, my record is my wedding and honeymoon, 22 pounds in 10 days, yep I am a sponge!!!!!!

I did all 3 runs on C25k so I feel proud of that and I am tearing it up at the gym! Maybe those GS cookies are magical, LOL Maybe when they are for charity and they make you lose weight!!!! LOL

I would be dead trying to stick to 500 calories do you guys work out on that few calories? I know people have great success I just dont have enough discipline! It is freezing here just made some low carb chili with soybeans and beef and veggies for tomorrow!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #323

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
So is that a new rule? hard to keep up with it
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/238/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Amber--I came up with my antidote to the fat fast rebound. I'm doing the potato hack. Threads are in the JUDD diet area of this forum, but I'm not doing JUDD. I read about the potato diet in Stephan Guyenet's blog, then Free the Animal/Richard Nikoley (vulgar warning, beware), and Mark's Daily Apple. I also looked at the Voigt blog about the WA potato commissioner that was alarmed at rapidly losing weight unintentionally when he went on a potato fast to prove they are not unhealthy when WIC disallowed potatoes.

Anyway, I'm down 6 pounds already. I know it is water, and I am concerned that I am dehydrated so I am upping salt. I am really interested/curious about this. I'm going to use just a small amount of fat and a small amount of meat (following Richard Nickoley's rationale here).

My appetite is completely knocked out on day 3. Good grief, I'm serious, I can't believe it. I only had two potatoes at lunch (with balsamic vinegar - I need to get some malt vinegar 'cause that was weird), a little unsweetened almond milk in my coffee this morning, and a few bites of chocolate almond avocado pudding with lemon to preserve to put in the freezer since I can't eat the avocados now. I'm going to have to make the fat free microwave potato chips to get some calories in later and salt them up to make them desirable. I really dont' feel like eating!

I think I just have to have the carbs to do the uphill biking. I am not surprised that your weight went down with some carb eating. I think the exercise changes your physiology. I feel some kind of relief with the carbs. I think we know nothing really about diet now, except that we should eat whole food and do what works.

Ugly Christmas sweater competition - this is how I felt in the elevator...

Last edited by Key Tones; 01-21-2013 at 07:46 PM..
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday ~ Good day except for a sore back.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #326

KT- you know I thought I am going to try lower fat and GS cookies and all I am losing! I think maybe as our bodies change so must the diet, and our age too I think plays a factor. I met with the new trainer, and she lost 80 pounds, she is my age has 4 kids, love her, I am so glad she came to the gym, her hubby lost 150 pounds, so she totally gets what I am going through, she said she too has been stalled at 140 since Sept, she likes to be at 135, so she knows what I am going through so we are going to change some things up. I ate fat free hotdogs last night and they were good!

So potato eating, I am not a huge lover but I guess I could learn to like them so I will read up on that.

Holy crap it was 12 here this morning, I about died at 5 when I went out to the gym, I hate winter!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/223/213 Goal# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
How cool that your trainer and her husband know the struggle to lose weight -- I would like a trainer like that b/c I would feel I could relate to them more.

Happy Tuesday, ladies! Mine hasn't started so well (got into argument with the bf on the way to work), but I'm gonna focus on my work. LOL
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Great job on the C25K Amber!

my exercise today will be a walk with the puppy. Leaving in 10 for that and BRRrrrrr - it's so cold out.

My plan to get back on track is to start more planning and prepping. I have today's meals planned and tomorrow's as well. Soon I hope to have the whole week done in advance! I don't do well if I don't have ready-made things on hand.

Phrankie - I didn't know that was the rule! Strange rule. I just uploaded the M program myself. Looks great.

Have a great day everyone.

Portia's Journal
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Morning HB's!!!

286.8 this am... Need to chug more.

Great job on the C25K Amber!

I def need to prep and plan more Jes so I completely understand.

Have a great day!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all have a great Honey Badger of a day!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote