Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫ WIT's Ringing in the New Year ✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫

WIT made simple
1) no hard * fast rules, we do "whatever it takes"
2) we have mini-challenges, not required, but participation encouraged (see our siggys at any given time)
3) for those in loss mode, our goal is losing weekly, doing "whatever it takes" & maintaining for those in maintenance
4) YOU tell US what you need to succeed & we provide it (encouragement, buttkicking, a true beating....) & vice versa
5) All welcome! Come on in!

It's very comparable to Calvinball. (in otherwords, anything goes because peskie says so & we’re not above making it up as we go along)

If somebody says it's "in the rules" and you can't find it here, don't be alarmed, some rules are hidden in the subsections. Just trust a WIT

Cuteness shall cover a multitude of sins. (good thing WIT's are cute)

WIT's are above getting sick unless it's required for getting out of bad things

Mini-challenges: lets make this easy-do what we tell you when we tell you

Yes..It is now required that people wave before leaving. Wendy is a lion--hear her be bossy.

Wendy'ism: Confusion about things that are not confusing, such as thinking of Massachusettes and Maryland as the SAME state while knowing that they're not.

awww = seaweeds
heehee stewskie = gerber streaker

subsection 11.6.208 dictates that if you wave, you must also talk. A wave by is unacceptable.

You must have 3 conversational posts after posting that you're leaving (bye #1, #2, #3 is not adequate) you are only exempt from this rule if you've posted at least 3 times with no response & at least 3 minutes since the last post, as evidence of an attempt not to leave and proof that everybody else left you, not vice versa.

sub section 3.28.1618 stewardship....friends of stews

foods you're not suppose to eat all have mold & maggots in it so leave it alone

black shoes are okay in summer as long as they sufficiently cute!
Wear sandals all summer and you'll be fine unless you have some cute open toed shoes and those will okay if I approve them first.
NOT patent leather, despite Wendys idea of a summer shoe

subsection to item 4 on the WIT rules for the smiley? That it can be used in any case of something approved of or to encourage, atta girl, OR even a real birthday when all other smileys have been exhausted, there is not an appropriate one or it is just otherwise deemed necessary or wanted

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated & happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, Good grief....I'm so smart

we can agree to disagree!!!
Unless it's peskie, then you must agree. (in the rule book, ya know?)

peskie is allowed to talk in 3rd party talk.

If a snort escapes when trying to prevent laughing out loud, it’s called a snortlet.

Don’t feel guilty for playing here while at work, as long as you’re getting the job done.

Fluttering is wit wings cheering you on .

Halos don’t work for Tammy-Ro

It’s okay for peskie to steal smileys

page 9, par 1.fb
WIT's are solely responsible for requesting removal or addition to WIT mails at any given point

Page 12 para 4.12
"If you go away (unless it is a romantic getaway), you must find a hotel in advance with wireless connections and check in that way. If there is no hotel in the area with wireless, then you are going to a too remote location and that is not permitted".

page 25 para 1.4.4 on how to reset a circuit breaker....(insert running away smilie here)

Peskie add to the rule book under how to check a circut breaker....Getting rid of varmits 101....TIA ….choleric’s could graph his habit's and haunts for you, ask her...

Page 25 para 1.4.5 on how to change filter in AC. Also change once monthly during the summer season.

Chapter 2 para 1.1.2 Gains are water, losses are FAT!!! :

the rule book says unless you ask permission and there is not another WIT out you must check in at minimum daily Yes, it's in section II part A.

section 3, Part A, line 89 right after Gain = water Loss = fat

the only pounds that count as lost is the ones subtracted from starting weight and or siggy weight. So if I gain 3 and lose two I can;'t be claiming a 2 pound loss. I gotta claim a 1 pound gain. Making sure we are all on the same page. Losing pounds from a gain DO NOT COUNT. :trips and falls off soapbox::

I think no matter what type of program you're on, portion control has to be in there somewhere or you'll just keep losing the same lbs over and over. Ultimately we all have to learn that we don't NEED certain foods just because a particular program says we can have them. If they aren't good for us, we need to learn to live without them

rule 11.7.407 states stews is the boss of Wendy when it benefits peskie

You can’t really be a WIT unless you’re missing your sanity (peskie excluded, of course).

Wit’s aren’t “normal”

no no no, pictures don't lie EXCEPT when they make us look BIGGER than we are. there is no making us look smaller, nope nope. you are hot

It’s okay to call Lisa doody

ALL WITS ARE HOT PERIOD END OF STORY!

WIT’s are more important than work.

Section III.

Part A. 89. WITS always come first no matter what other obligation, appt, minor or major emergency you may have. Penalty for igorning this rule is major boot kicking from WIT on Boot-kicking duty. If said WIT in violation is offender then boot kicking will fall to volunteer WIT (s).

PM when you want to talk about someone!

Once a WIT always a WIT unless said WIT cuts ties voluntarily by publicly rejecting the WIT group. Then WIT status is revoked. And the recent amendment also adds that Peskie will get her scary spiky boots out, I will make the rounds in the WIT van and we will COME PERSONALLY TO YOUR DOOR to kick some sense back into you? So see you have no CHOICE in the matter. You're here to stay. That is all.

first duty of Pam and Landis is to check in with us when she gets to work? Okay, get the rule book out somebody.

“I may have to SHUT the computer down so I don't keep comin' back to it every few minutes though while getting things done around here, ” These words are against WIT principles and a direct violation of rule 1.25.355

Section 7.9.607
the new "Catch" diet! You throw your food up in the air, and you eat everything you can catch before it hits the floor! but throwing the plate is a complete violation of the rules! You can only throw the food, but you must throw the entire meal at the same time! You burn more calories that way!

The 2nd Monday of each August is official make it up as you go along day....everybody is challenged to add one rule to the book during normal conversations.

Landis gets the award for most rules during first challenge

Pam attends next WIT adventure.

Shopping counts as approved method of aerobic activity.

(Looks in the WIT rule book feverishly). Um lemme see yep whining is allowed!!!!

Is it sewious enough for a pm or can I be publically punished?

Only if it is about Landis. Rule book page 30 Para 3.4.1

2 wit's aren't allowed to be out at the same time!!

a good 5 second rule should be applied before anyone quotes me...

True Wits always check in because it says so in the rule book. (email counts!!!!)

no stinking test. It's not in the rule book Tammy-Ro

If you don’t check in while away, it will be awhile before you will get to go anywhere again

I have another new word to add to the rule book, please!

You know how sometimes a smile just has to turn into a giggle....I hereby deem that a "smiggle"!!!

I second the motion. :smiggle: I need a gavel....

89. WITS always come first no matter what other obligation, appointment, minor or major emergency you may have. Penalty for igorning this rule is major boot kicking from WIT on Boot-kicking duty. If said WIT in violation is offender then boot kicking will fall to volunteer WIT (s).

WITS have to come before Kimmer! Rule check please!

The scale is a tool, not a report card.

I sure am glad it's only a TOOL and does not rule my life! (This should be in the rulebook Peskie jus' sayin') The scales do NOT rule our lives

Yapping is encouraged...(Rule book addition please) sec 429

Again, we DO celebrate , clap for , high-five and sing victory songs for any WIT that succeeds no matter whether we can relate or not and we usually can relate anyway!!!

Landis is boss of self, and no one else. Except when RG and Peskie override simultaneously.

WITS feel better and have more energy when they exercise

I usually don't WANT the crap until I tell myself I can't have it and push myself to a time frame on hitting goal. Then I eat crap and binge and gain quickly. When I tell myself I CAN, I usually leave it alone. (unless it's a big craving and then it's actually worth it and I don't overeat it, but savor it and don't gain anyway

Odd work schedules need to be in the siggys, so we can “keep up” landis says so.

I suggested we change the word "cheat" to "carbed up" in the rule book. Seconded on 1/6/2006

don't regret the gain. Don't KICK ME!!

The important thing is fessing up, giving and getting support and not let a slip be the end all of my weight loss for the rest of my life. I'm probably gonna cheat again but not for a long time. Oh and another thing I am not saying cheat anymore. It is forever known from this minute forward as uping my Carb intake!!!! (Peskie could you add this to the rule book under gaining is water? Thanks.)

read the book. It will be very difficult to be successful on low carb without reading the book of your plan of choice.

Page 59 para 6.9
If you have a dream/passion you should go for it, it IS possible but only if you want it BAD!

Page 62 para 11.1.2
When landis does not want to eat something weird is going on (Peskie add to rule book)

We come before feeding the family. In the rule book, page 250.

once you get your SSP you let the person know who sent it that you got it and to email you too. Once everyone has their SSP we do a reveal. It's in the rule book already

Pam is the leader in our verbage.... She earns a crown for that.

Page 283 para 12.3.4
200 calories at 2 pm is NOT the way to lose weight

If you ate what you wanted and are not hungry that's one thing (200 calories or not--I do not take issue with calorie restrictions) but you're hungry so obviously you haven't eaten enough.

Des…bah, bad mojo. I always said if I ever stalled I would kick up my cardio and/or switch things around depending on what I had been doing. Well that's what I've finally done. Added Easter per Tammy-Ro

Robin is who to go to when you want diet advice on ANY plan I am a tellin' you! She is da bomb! not ANY plan...just kimmers plans, atkins, CAD, Stillmans, fasting and some WW.......but atkins atkins atkins she knows backwards and forwards.......

South Beach, PP. Neanderthin, LFL, and the rest she dunno diddly squat.....

wipes sweat off brow as remembers addition of this to rule book quite sometime back

Don't beat yourself up. Once you know where it went wrong, you have the power not to repeat the same mistake again….Maria

Racing is for WIT’s. You don't have to actually know anything about it. Just yell Biffle or Cutie Butt now and then and pick a car you like that has pretty colors to root for

Peskie, addition to the rule book although it may already be in there. "No WIT is allowed to brag on something without giving at least the important details".

Reminder to landis
I can't wait to go to the gym again
Did I REALLY just say that? I'm terrible sick I just know it

You need to find out what works for YOUR body

Issue 5.21.285
any differences be kept between the parties with a difference and nobody else brought into it.

Peskie is allowed to talk to herself as much as she wants to.

Anything that let's peskie do something other than the normal activities, learn something new and get outside her little world is on the allowed list.
What's work interfered stuff? I thought that was against the rules (as Maria caught on quick and added this)

Rule 5.28.974
as long as u quote u are always on topic

Being to blame isn't always a bad thing. You have lots of entertainment value.

Break big goals into small tasks….a little at a time. It builds up to success!

New addition to WIT rule book: NAPS are always allowed and encouraged without prior planning or negative ramifications of any sort. Period.

True friendship doesn't give up

Page 5.25. para 1444
Always blame it on the peep that is not here! Put that in the rules please.

RG made sense once, but messed it up by saying that needed to be in the rule book. That makes no sense.

To lose one pound, in lieu of dieting, hit refresh button 6 million times

Those that don't learn history are doomed to repeat it

For maximum cute factor, lean forward, tongue in roof of mouth

if dh is home so I should be too (stews and all), regardless of how much time just taken off

page 2.19 par 2999 Once the avatar has been changed, I have to leave. new rule I just made up that only applies once. wcwendy

root beer is the new energy drink

addendum 123.5.62
negative posts must be offset with positivity

WIT's should participate in celebrating victories as much as supporting needs

WIT's have book addictions

WIT's rule, work 2nd

skipping meals can and often leads to binging later.

Positivity counts!

women gain a lot of times during the premenopausal times and post and how it's just sort of a "given" that it will happen. However, some women do NOT do it but keep their weight under control their whole lives though it is definitely more difficult. Why should I just accept that it's a part of life? I don't want to and WILL NOT accept this. Just like being on certain kinds of medicines can contribute to gaining. Some people do not gain in spite of that. No it may not be EASY but few things in life worth having are.

Indies and keeping up aren't required, but don't ask for recaps....others have to read twice that way

It's all about our choices....each decision leads to consequences, whether positive or negative and we have the power to control those choices, they just become more difficult in certain circumstances, not impossible

ADHD is contagious….tread lightly

Never EVER forget to title the WIT thread after Chewie when it's her birthday week. Consequences are banishment from the thread for a time period to be decided by current boss of thread unless it's Lucy and she is so ADD that it is excused.

The only consistent rule is that Calvinball may never be played with the same rules twice. Scoring is also arbitrary, with Hobbes reporting scores of "Q to 12" and "oogy to boogy
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
morning and happy new year!!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
I went to the diet tracker place that apparently none of us are using at the moment, lol. my whole feed is filled with "so and so has not logged in for 3 days" "so and so has not logged in for 2 weeks, they might need some encouragement", repeat with all of us being so and so lol

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
princess peskironi WIT

Ahhhhh, a New Year to give us a New Hope. On the midst of reviewing the prior year and realizing there is only one goal that I even came close to hitting, I’m still optimistic for success going forward. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Let’s make it better in 2013 and focus.

…..SQUIRREL!!!

Found our kiddo in 2012 and looking forward to making a great life together in 2013 and forward.

While we have great hopes, we don’t always take action into fulfilling those wishes. So, 2013….bring it on….let’s work on the controllables! Let’s make those wishes action based.
2013 resolutions:

• Daily focus on attachment parenting, continue to learn on attachment parenting through training, reading and following Last Mom Blog, but most importantly experience with our Princess
• Payoff 2 bills….switching jobs in 2011 to take care of our daughter and have plenty of family time really played havoc on the budget, need to get this in control so we don’t feel broke all the time and so we can budget for tons of family activities easily.
• Lead by example at home and work—with a new daughter in the home, it’s important to teach her, love her and show her. Love her unconditionally and help her build on her trust in us over the course of the year and realize she can count on us for the long haul.
• Spend 10-15 minutes a day on housekeeping so it doesn’t get behind and so we’re not cutting into family time to do mundane housekeeping chores
• Get out of the rut and work on new things to do as a family together, not just “eating out”. December was full of fun activities and we made the most of it. Just because it’s not Christmas doesn’t mean we can’t find fun things to do January-November.
• Start a college savings and a normal savings for lil Miss after her adoption is final and teach her money management
• Regular charitable donations in an area of passion (ie, kids)
• Eat healthier (adding veggies to dinner), become more active and see results through a 2 size reduction in 2013
• BE POSITIVE!! AND BE A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR OTHERS!

My family, colleagues and friends deserve to have the very best of me, not second rate material

"A home without a dog is just a house"

http://peskie-stilldreaming.blogspot.com/
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #5

Love them Peskie!! It's going to be a great year for you! I have to think of my goals/resolutions. Right now it is to just enjoy my little family for the week because next week things get crazy!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/191/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I love them too, peskie. I didn't do so well on my goals either. I will do better this year.
stews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Random WIT

I really wish dd23 would come home. she's leaving tomorrow morning to move 6 or 7 hours away. She stayed away last night because of a late night and weather, most likely but regardless she didn't come home and still isn't. would be nice to see her a little. when she does come home she's probably going to be busy finishing up the last of her packing
Old 01-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Random WIT

I actually jogged a little. VERY little and VERY slow but still did it. when I get to 4mph i can't walk. that is a pace that for whatever reason hurts my back if I try to walk it but I can switch to a jog motion and be fine (if I can breath, LOL).

my routine went like this:

5 min @ each of the following speeds:

2 1/2 mph
3 mph
3 1/2 mph
4 mph
3 1/2 mph
4 mph
3 1/2 mph
3 mph
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
princess peskironi WIT

great job!!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Can't believe it's the new year already!! Where has the time gone?!?!?!

181.0 today!! Woohoo!! Closer and closer to the 170's!!!

Working tonight, but then I have the next three nights off! Can't wait!

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
Random WIT

enjoy your nights off, Lenise! and you are doing so awesome!

today's menu:
*rice krispies
*1/2 can tomato bisque, 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich on whole grain bread, salad w/vinaigrette
*soft serve frozen yogurt with mostly fresh fruit for toppings but also a little coconut, nuts and topped with just a bit of white chocolate syrup. the frozen yogurt was 1/2 no sugar raspberry and 1/2 low fat cheesecake. dh, dd22, dd23 and I went and did this to spend a little time together before dd23 leaves in the morning.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #12

Morning!

Nice work on the food and workout yesterday stews! I did ok with my food. I had a lot of pretzels but it was better than the junk I wanted to get into! Onto day 2 of better choices

You are very inspiring lenise! Keep up the good work

I think I've decided I'm not really going to make New Years resolutions, im just going to work on some aspects of my life:
*I'm going to work on my attitude and be conscious of being nicer to both dh and Kyle. Believe it or not I can get really moody
*of course with the new baby comes baby weight. I'm not setting any goals for this yet, but as of yesterday I'm just going to start being conscious of healthier eating and less junk/no sugar
* get back to running ASAP even if I feel guilty for taking time for me
*try to keep the savings I've worked so hard for. I know ill need to use a lot of it being off work but I will be conscious of my spending
*pour all my extra energy into my kids
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
Random WIT

those are great goals and yes, don't feel guilty for taking time for you. It's important you take time to take care of yourself also and running is part of that for you.

I'm down over a pound again this morning. woah! less than a pound to be in the teens!

my plans today... nothing specific right now other than picking dd22 up from her place and getting her to work and then picking her back up tonight when she's done and taking her home. I might work out but I might take the day off. we'll see how I feel in a little while. right now I'm leaning towards the day off and doing weights tomorrow. I also might go over to Ross and see if they have any bedding I like. I need a comforter for the bed in dd23's room since she's taking hers. also might order a keurig on line from Costco since they didn't have one the other day and dd23 had hers all packed up and ready for us to bring when we come. If dh gets the Christmas boxes back out of the attic I might start putting Christmas stuff away but again...we'll see. as long as its done this week I'm fine.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Random WIT

Got what I needed for dinner. Looked at Ross but didn't find a comforter I really wanted. We got dd22 to work and I had a small lunch to get me to dinner. Going to go get started on it soon so dh can relax and enjoy it without having to rush to
work.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Hiya ladies!!!!

So... Mom and I came up with a way to get our rears in gear. Hopefully. LOL

We are giving ourselves through this weekend. Not sure if that is smart or not, but we are.

I was saying that I wish there was something to keep me honest. Something to work towards that will make me WANT to stay on track.

So... My bright idea.

I'm going to set a goal. So, the first maybe being 15lbs. In one month. I'm going to weigh in this Friday. On weigh in day, I'm going to pay $5. And I'm going to do this every weigh day. I can't have that money (unless of course I have a major emergency) until I meet that goal. And then I'll repeat. (maybe setting bigger/longer goals) However...if it takes me more than the allotted time, I stop paying the money. So I can't just take three months to lose the 15lbs and make $60. KWIM??

What do you think??

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
SmileyAmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
Random WIT

I'm making dh a southern style dinner tonight. hope it turns out good.

its worth a try, Amy. I'm doing really good right now. even tonight I'm having what I made dh but I will watch portions and eat more veggies and limit the other part.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #17

I think that's a great idea Amy. We are here cheering you on!

I'm feeling very ill tonight. I hope I survive the next 4 days. I don't feel like I will right now
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Random WIT

sorry you don't feel good, DP. hang in there (as if you don't have a choice, LOL).

well, dh is off to work for the night. I''ll be leaving to pick up dd22 from work and take her home shortly then spend the evening alone here.

today's menu:
*rice krispies
*salad
*popey's style fried chicken, cheesy sausage and grits casserole, roasted green beans (the chicken and grits were recipes I found on pinterest).
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #19

Oh yummy stews!!

We had a frozen pizza for dinner per dhs request. Thankfully I wasn't very hungry so I had one piece and then munched on grapes later. I'm making a new dish...buffalo chicken lasagna today. Hope it's as good as it sounds!

Kyles going to daycare today. I have a little cleaning to do before my mom comes tomorrow but I plan on a lot of relaxing. My last day! I can't believe I only have 4 more days before my princess gets here
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #20
The Potty Mouth WIT

Morning ladies...

Just got done doing my morning job search. That never leads to any calls. LOL Oh well. Thank goodness the Fiscal Cliff got approved and unemployment benefits still have extensions!

Ok... So rethinking my strategy. There are these bracelets that I like - Alex & Ani - and I got two for Christmas. But for energy reasons, you're supposed to wear odd numbers of bracelets. I dunno odd - but I don't wanna tempt fate. LOL So I want to get a third. But can't see "wasting" the money right now. BUT what if I buy the bracelet now. Like $30... And give it to my mom. And she can't give it to me until I show her that number on the scale to prove that I earned it?

I know I'm probably over thinking this. But I feel like I need something to get me going. Something to keep me on track through the tough first few weeks.

And I'm thinking (ONLY thinking) of trying Couch to 5K again. I dunno... Like I'm home now. I have no excuse not to do something. And I have the outdoors. I dunno. Although I was out there today getting Sara in the bus and my ears nearly froze off!! LOL So I need some earmuffs. I dunno - I still feel bad that I never did that 5K like I wanted to. But I hated running. But it was indoor, treadmill running last time. But but but....

Teri ~ That dinner looks so good. Although, I've never had grits. So I dunno if it tastes good. LOL

Jackie ~ I can't even believe its here! 4 days - or LESS! So exciting!!!!!! And yay for mom coming tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #21
The Potty Mouth WIT

Oh... And the other thing that mom and I are doing is going to a meeting called TOPS. Google it. Its along the lines of weight watchers, but cheaper. Its $30 to sign up. $5 a month. And its just a weekly support meeting. Thought maybe having to face someone else looking at our progress, might help as well.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #22

I like the bracelet idea Amy! Earn that reward!!

Dh took Kyle to school and I'm sitting in my Jammie's me and dh are going to watch revenge all day and there will be napping. I'm basically done cleaning. Tomorrow ill run the vacuum. Then mom will be here and she is a HUGE help. She's basically coming to watch Kyle, cook some meals, and keep up with the cleaning. Too bad a week after she leaves dhs family comes and they make a lot of work for me
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #23

Oh..what ARE Alex and Ani bracelets? I've heard of them.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey everyone!! Good to see you here, Amy!! I was wondering where you were!

Not feeling good today. Just have a cold, but I'm all stuffy. Haven't been sleeping much either. Just too uncomfortable to do so.

And I have to go shopping at Sams Club this afternoon and Sweet Adelines practice this evening. Hope I feel up to going tonight. Haven't had a practice since the middle of December so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Have a great day!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
Random WIT

Hope you have enjoyed your evening, Lenise.

I like the bracelet idea also. a reward for your goal, love it! and yeah, what are those bracelets?

so... dd22 asked if I could pick her up at 8ish this morning to take a rat to the vet. we get there to find out they don't open until about 9:30 on thursdays so we come back to my place for a bit then I take her back. I have a car appointment at 10:00 for an oil change so dropped dd and rat off then went to my appointment. while they were working on the car I went for a walk. 1.8 miles in 30 min so about the same pace or so I do most of my treadmill walking. maybe tad faster even . pick the car back up, pick dd up take her back to her place so she can get ready for work then we come back to my place until time for her to go to work. was supposed to be at 1:00. I was going to have lunch around noon then take her then come back and work out. she got a text saying to come in at 2 instead, lol. anyway, I did finely get my work out in and my post work out meal. not looking forward to the shower with rubber arms, LOL!

dh will be leaving for work in a little over an hour then I'll pick dd back up from work and take her home when she gets off, probably between 7 and 7:30.

no other plans tonight. going to just relax. tomorrow I will get up whenever I wake up then get ready and meet daddy for breakfast.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #26

I'm having contractions. Not very strong but definite contractions. Now she HAS to wait until my mom gets in tomorrow afternoon!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #27
Random WIT

Hope she waits for you, DP but I'm praying for a smooth and complication free delivery whenever that time comes.

I just had dinner a bit ago. just a salad tonight. probably done eating for the night but we'll see if I'm hungry in a little while or not before I post my menu for today.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
Random WIT

today's menu:
*whey protein shake
*leftovers from yesterday's dinner: 1 piece of fried chicken, a little cheesy sausage and grits, roasted green beanz
*a little less than 1 serving of cereal (less than 2 g fat and about 35 carbs), whey protein shake (post workout meal)
*salad
Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #29
The Potty Mouth WIT

These are Alex & Ani Bracelets.

I got one for Christmas from dad. This one:

The meaning:

The Sea Shell connects us to the ocean and to the water's energy, enabling the wearer to gain clarity when making life choices. Sea Shells symbolize happiness and fulfillment, releasing positive energy and promises fortunate outcomes in legal matters and relationships.

Here is kinda their philosophy:

Alex and Ani is a company dedicated to creating products of unparalleled quality and beauty that promote consciousness and unity. Manufacturing in the United States and re-using and recycling materials is an integral part of Alex and Ani’s mission as a conscious and eco-friendly company. Alex and Ani’s collections are not only Eco-friendly, they are made up of powerful, meaningful, and spiritual pieces, which uplift and inspire all who wear them.

I think its sort of a feng shui kinda thing. Because for positive energy, you are supposed to wear an odd number of bracelets.

But I think of them more as reminders. In addition to them being pretty.

I think I'll search for one with a good meaning for weight loss - or the journey - and get that one as my reward. I'm thinking 20lbs. Or do you think that is too high of a goal? I mean, maybe I'll have like a mini 10lbs goal - maybe allow myself a small treat. I have a feeling 30lbs is more like what I'll need to lose to get down to my lowest. Maybe that for the bracelet? But I'm nervous that will take so long.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #30
The Potty Mouth WIT

Jackie ~ How are you this morning??

Teri ~ How many rats are left? Is this one sick? Good menu!

Lenise ~ How are you!!??! How's the dieting going? Doing good??

I think I'm making your mac and cheese this weekend - sort of my "last supper". LOL

Oh...here is a funny tidbit. So, Sara and I were driving yesterday and there is a small town called Bellingham here. For some reason I said the town. I think I was talking to Nelson. And she goes "Oh! Mom! Bellingham...that is were Baby Jesus was born!"

Cracked me up. I think I need to get this kiddo to church. You'll be proud. I told mom if she wanted to go to church (she's struggling with not having any friends here) that every other weekend, when I have Sara, maybe I'd go with her. She hasn't mentioned it again though. So we'll see.