Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning. We survived our first night! It actually went very well. Stella slept from 10:30-3:30. My milk came in before then so after that she was up feeding a little more but she was only up twice during the night. Then this morning Kyle came in our bed and wanted his sister there it was wonderful.

Today me and my mom are going to get a few groceries and not much else.

I'm giving myself today and timirrow before I go to healthy eating starting the 10th. I haven't weighed myself since before I delivered so ill do that on the 10th and start from there. I'm not going to be counting or restricting, just watching what I eat. When losses slow down ill go from there.

Going to go have my coffee and shower while the baby is asleep.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #62
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Oh...gotcha. I can't eat/drink just a shake. I'd be dying of hunger! LOL

B ~ English Muffin with PB and Coffee.
L ~ Some Lean Cuisine sandwich.
D ~ Omelet with cheese and ham.
S ~ Chobani Yogurt & 100 Calorie Pack

And I'll be drinking my water/crystal light.

Oh and the snacks aren't at the same time. Just logging for two today.

That still leaves me with extra calories.

Not sure what I'll do for exercise. Was thinking AT LEAST crunches, hand weights. Maybe a little walk on the treadmill just for good measure.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #63
The Potty Mouth WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning. We survived our first night! It actually went very well. Stella slept from 10:30-3:30. My milk came in before then so after that she was up feeding a little more but she was only up twice during the night. Then this morning Kyle came in our bed and wanted his sister there it was wonderful.

Today me and my mom are going to get a few groceries and not much else.

I'm giving myself today and timirrow before I go to healthy eating starting the 10th. I haven't weighed myself since before I delivered so ill do that on the 10th and start from there. I'm not going to be counting or restricting, just watching what I eat. When losses slow down ill go from there.

Going to go have my coffee and shower while the baby is asleep.
Did she go back to sleep after feeding?

I know you know...but remember, breastfeeding burns a lot of calories. So don't keep them too low.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #64

She did! It was a decent night

I know Amy- like I said I'm not going to restrict, just watch what I eat. And starting Thursday no sugar
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #65
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/206.4/135
Start Date: August 1, 2012
jackie, I'm so happy for you. I love hearing about your little family. and your plan is basically what I do. mostly healthy but nothing is off limits...portion control, etc. my biggest problem most days (at least work days) is getting enough calories. i know I don't get enough those days usually.

Amy, I couldn't do it every day. I do try and eat real food when not on work days too. I only lost about a pound in the last week (darn fluctuations) BUT I lost at least a few the week before, probably more so it may be my body adjusting to the loss before it loses again. I hope so, anyway. Its way too soon to slow down too much.
stews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #66
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gah... I haven't exercised yet. *blush* I know I need to. Just got lazy today. I have to cook Sara some dinner, get to the TOPS meeting and then home to eat myself.

I need to make an effort to get in weights and stuff even if its not a running day!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #67

We ordered pizza for dinner. It was yummy. I'm kind of dreading going back to good foods but I want to lose this weight more
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #68
Random WIT

DP, don't think of it that you can't have it. you already said you are not going to restrict. just make more healthy choices and enjoy those things here and there. when we had pizza last week I had a big salad with it and limited the amount of pizza. I ate the salad first so I would hopefully not be too hungry when I started eating the pizza then i enjoyed the piece of pizza I wanted.

I was SO tempted to come home and sit for awhile after getting dd22 to work. but I made myself go up and exercise first. I was afraid that if I sat I'd end up sitting too long and wouldn't have time before I need to pick dd back up again. I did 43 minutes on the elliptical.

now I'm watching downton abbey and relaxing a bit.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #69
The Potty Mouth WIT

Well.... I'm back from my TOPS meeting. It was........interesting. LOL

It was about 8 other people. One girl who looked around my age. The rest, all gramma's. And one guy...with dyed, reddish, orange hair. Kinda nerdy.

Doesn't look like they are all gung ho dieters. Kinda just go to go and meet with friends. Like this week, I think they had a total weight loss of 3lbs out of all of them. LOL I have a feeling I'll lose that and then some by next week.

Anyway... I'm going to go. I paid my $28 for the year. And then its $3 a meeting. I figure it'll help keep me on my toes. AND, my mom is really struggling with not having friends here since moving home. And maybe this will give her something to do and help her make friends.

We'll see... Can't hurt, right?

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #70
Random WIT

maybe you can inspire them all with your awesome progress!

and yes, I think helping your mom get out to meet people is a good idea.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #71
Random WIT

my menu for today (unless I have something more later)
*protein shake
*protein shake
*serving of rice w/3 lc meatballs and alfredo sauce (I didn't have extra sauce, just what was stuck to the meatballs), salad w/green yogurt jalapeno dip
*rice krispies and a banana
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #72
The Potty Mouth WIT

I have a feeling they don't know what is coming. Their total loss for the 8 of them this week was 3lbs. I was like...huh? Well, next week we are all to bring in one fruit or veggie and whoever loses the most, gets to bring all the fruit/veggies home. I'm going home with it all!! I know I am! LOL

Menu for today, I think:

B ~ Coffee and a english muffing with PB
L ~ Bagel with cream cheese maybe???
D ~ Lean Cuisine
S ~ Yogurt and 100 Calorie Pack

I'm going to try to keep my calories low today. Tomorrow is that think I'm helping with - the DUI class - and I'm just not sure what my calories will end up being, so I want to make sure that I'll be alright.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #73
Random WIT

OOH, that is pretty cool, actually. you are going to kick some butt! you should find a unique type of fruit or veggie to take (of course, something YOU like or want to try since you are going to win it all )

I'll post my menu tonight. I think I know what I'm having but not positive for this afternoon. after work, I'm going out to dd22's. will be a little earlier than I need to get her to work, but not really time to come home. I'll have a protein shake at work again today since I won't be home right after work to eat. I'll eat when i get home from taking dd to work. then I'll wait about an hour or hour and a half, do a weight workout get cleaned up and I'll be ready to pick dd up when she is off work tonight.

I know I won't feel like doing the weights when i get home but if I can get my butt in there and started I'll be fine and glad I did.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #74
The Potty Mouth WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
OOH, that is pretty cool, actually. you are going to kick some butt! you should find a unique type of fruit or veggie to take (of course, something YOU like or want to try since you are going to win it all )

I'll post my menu tonight. I think I know what I'm having but not positive for this afternoon. after work, I'm going out to dd22's. will be a little earlier than I need to get her to work, but not really time to come home. I'll have a protein shake at work again today since I won't be home right after work to eat. I'll eat when i get home from taking dd to work. then I'll wait about an hour or hour and a half, do a weight workout get cleaned up and I'll be ready to pick dd up when she is off work tonight.

I know I won't feel like doing the weights when i get home but if I can get my butt in there and started I'll be fine and glad I did.
Thats how I was this morning. So did NOT want to run...but glad I did. Now I just need to get off my rear and do my weights. LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #75
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
I have a feeling they don't know what is coming. Their total loss for the 8 of them this week was 3lbs. I was like...huh? Well, next week we are all to bring in one fruit or veggie and whoever loses the most, gets to bring all the fruit/veggies home. I'm going home with it all!! I know I am! LOL

Menu for today, I think:

B ~ Coffee and a english muffing with PB
L ~ Bagel with cream cheese maybe???
D ~ Lean Cuisine
S ~ Yogurt and 100 Calorie Pack

I'm going to try to keep my calories low today. Tomorrow is that think I'm helping with - the DUI class - and I'm just not sure what my calories will end up being, so I want to make sure that I'll be alright.
YAY!! Free groceries!!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #76

The meeting sounds ok Amy. I like that reward!!

We had a busy morning. Took Stella to her checkup, went to the lactation consultant to talk about pumping, then took Kyle to story time and went for a walk. I'm ready for nap now!

Last day with "junk" in my diet. I just went and got some candy because I wanted something sweet.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #77
The Potty Mouth WIT

Peskie ~ Thats what I thought too!

Jackie ~ What kind of candy? I like getting individual pieces - like Dove or Hersey Nuggets - so I can have ONE if I really need something.

I heard something interesting on tv - Ellen maybe?? That know how at night we crave sweets? What it really is, is our bodies telling us we are tired. That our bodies are craving a sugar high because we are getting tired. So they said to go to bed if you crave sweets.

I'd be sleeping all the time! LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dooy
Stats: 1/4/13 173/125/120
WOE: hcg homeopathic drops
Hi WITS!! I used to be here lots until work and life took over! I just wanted to stop by and say "hi!". I've recently started hCG and am hanging out over on some of those threads for program support so since I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by!

Where is Lucy?? Where is WomanTypingBadly?!?! Hope y'all are doing great!
dooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #79
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooy View Post
Hi WITS!! I used to be here lots until work and life took over! I just wanted to stop by and say "hi!". I've recently started hCG and am hanging out over on some of those threads for program support so since I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by!

Where is Lucy?? Where is WomanTypingBadly?!?! Hope y'all are doing great!
WTB dropped out. Lucy is hit and miss, as am I. :blush:

Good to see you. If you are going to hang out, I'll stay
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #80
Random WIT

IT'S a DOOY!!!!! nice to see you! miss ya!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #81
Random WIT

whew, should have done that BEFORE my shower from working out, LOL.

I got my work out in. started a new weight workout. got showered then decided to get our new queen air bed blown up to make sure it holds air in case dd22's room mate comes and stays this weekend when we are gone also. wrestling with that thing made me sweat, lol

just had my post work out meal and am going to go try and see if I can convert one of my easy bread recipe to use sourdough starter instead of yeast. I hope it works
Old 01-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #82

That's interesting Amy. I've never heard that. I don't crave sweets much, more salty stuff.
And I had mike and Ike's today

Nice work stews!

I'm weighing tomorrow. Probably shouldn't have had Chinese or popcorn as I'm sure ill be up from the sodium but oh well. Hoping to be down 10 pounds from before delivery
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #83
Random WIT

enjoy it and that water weight will come right back off. one more meal isn't going to keep the weight on much longer as long as you do get back on tomorrow as you plan.

thanks. I pulled out one of my older "jackie hates me" routines. trying to see if i can get back to heavy short workouts again. we'll see how my back is. may have to make some adjustments. I KNOW I'll have to for my lower body work outs but going to try and pay close attention to if I'm feeling more stress on my back than I should while working and back off a little if I am.

Last edited by stews; 01-09-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #84

That's what I figured stews. We ended taking the kids to the exchange because I needed a nursing bra and and some swaddle blankets. We ate at the food court and I got Chinese. My mom made the popcorn this afternoon.

I hope your back holds up!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #85
Random WIT

I hope so too. I really want to be able to work out hard again. I hate doing it, but I loved how I felt in general. I sure do wish i was someone that loved exercise. I hate it, all of it, LOL!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Stews, I was thinking the same thing -- that Amy can be an inspiration to the rest of the TOPS group and get them losing weight too. Hope you bring home the food, Amy!!

DP, I love the pictures -- especially the one of both the kids. Adorable!!!

Haven't done well with my eating the past few days. Back up to 183. Yuck!! I want to get into the 170's!!! and stay there!! lol

Still not feeling up to par. Coughing and blowing my nose all the time.

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #87

Morning. Ok, took an official weight and am ready to rock. From what I remember with Kyle the first 15 came off SO easy. I'm hoping its the same now. Ill be sharing my menus too for accountability.

Stella had another great night. Up once! Going to the used baby store today. I'm in search for hats and headbands small enough for her tinyness!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #88
Random WIT

good morning. I hope you have good luck finding what you are looking for.

I'm all ready for work other than socks and shoes. its late start today so I get to leave a little later than normal. not much, but still...a little . did my bible reading first thing after coming downstairs. I'm doing a read through the bible in a year program that my sister and her husband's church are doing. it has an ap on the phone and keeps track of where I am. also can have it read to me, if I choose. oh and if I get behind I can of course read extra days to catch up OR choose a "catch me up" button, which I believe just adjusts the dates so you continue where you are but it won't keep telling you you are behind. nice feature to have if something happens. I know for me in the past if I put pressure that I HAVE to do it in that year time frame, if I get behind I will just stop and not do it. the last time I tried I went into it with the attitude that its okay if it takes longer than a year. no matter if I'm a few days or weeks behind I will pick it up where I left off and finish when I finish. that helped a LOT. also, having it on the phone may help because I can do it from anywhere and not have to remember to mark that I've read it to keep my place since it does it for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #89
Random WIT

oh just remembered I forgot to post my menu last night. was busy and didn't get back on the computer after we got my back loaded up in the car for dd22 to borrow and taking her home.

wednesdays menu:
*protein shake
*protein shake
*salad, left over pork chop and a baked potato with greek yogurt jalapeno dip. a tiny bit later I still wanted something so had a piece of smoked gouda and a big chunk of cheddar cheese.
*protein shake, cereal (no milk) (post workout meal)

I am not sure what today holds. dh got my boxes down from the attic the other night so I can finish getting Christmas stuff boxed up. its all ready, basically in pile in the living room, lol I got one box done last night but didn't have time to finish. dd doesn't work today so I should have more time not having to run her around. I do plan on doing some cardio this afternoon and finishing the bread i started last night. it seems to be rising just fine. I hope it turns out really good but if not I should be able to jot down adjustments to try for next time and hopefully come up with the perfect easy sourdough starter bread for when i don't want to take the time ti Knead it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #90
Random WIT

hope you are all doing well today