Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: someonelikeyou
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-Start January 2014
Hi everyone,

I'd love to join in. I am back on a low-carb plan after a lengthy absence (and frightening weight gain).

I am looking for a small "support" group to help me as I transition back in (and beyond)!

Start weight: 210.2
someonelikeyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I figured out how to make salads that taste like the BMT ones from Subway. I am a very happy camper right now and I've eaten a bag of lettuce already today.
when I was doing LC...I ate a lot of subway (sans bread) it totally got me thru...it makes sense you can create it at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey, day 1 back on the wagon... Went very well... Now for day two.

I think I got depressed and stressed out because I added sugar/carbs back into my diet. I hope my emotions will even out soon.
good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Hi everyone,

I'd love to join in. I am back on a low-carb plan after a lengthy absence (and frightening weight gain).

I am looking for a small "support" group to help me as I transition back in (and beyond)!

beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
I would like to join this challege. I weighed on Tuesday 256.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
Is it too late for me to join in? If not, my starting weight is 219.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman525 View Post
Hope a newbie is welcome.
Janice
...and to all... and any I missed(sorry so late)
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

oh, so my correction day got me back down

so off to P3

FF - I started freaking out before Christmas so started a quick round since I couldn't get into ANY clothes...at all
then I figured I'd jump in with you in the new year...little did I know, I would have trouble making the plunge but I am ready to, seriously. I figured going from hhcg to hcg wouldn't really matter but right now since you are starting later, I can too and give my body a little rest. I am definitely enjoying food again

Goal: Maintenance
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Good morning all!
Just a few minutes before I have to get off to work. Had a good breakfast to start off day 2 on the right foot.

Have a great day!
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning,

Exercise done!

Hows everyone doing?
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
I forgot to check in yesterday, sorry!!! Now there are wayyyyyy to many things for me to comment on.... I'll try my best. Today is the first day of my cleanse. My first 32 oz is 1 honey dew melon and 8 apples. My second is 1.5 pinapple, 1 cup grapes, 2.5 cucumbers, 1 celery STALK, and 6 kale leaves. I'm drinking water with fresh lemon and lime cut up all day. I'm trying to track my ounces but it's kind of hard when I put ice in my water jug.

Welcome to the newbies. Glad you're here to join us !

FF - yeah I love meat too so it is reallyyyy going to be a challenge. I would really like to do 21 days on this so we'll see. I'm totally committing to 7 days and then going from there. I also like the idea of having 2 meals a week of whatever once I get to goal. I'm hoping by then my cravings will be for different things than pizza and a whole cake LOL!

kitty - hey!!!

riot - seems like everyone I know has had the same thing at some point in the last few weeks... I hope you feel better soon!!

jaqui - I go through periods of super high motivation too - would love to do the same and bottle it up for the hard days. Unfortunately for me, the hard days take me back what seems like weeks. Glad you're motivated right now. I'm right there with ya !

LC - I'm sorry you're going through a tough time right now. Sometimes I wish we all lived closer so we could do more to help out when we're going through tough times.
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2f2f View Post
I would like to join this challege. I weighed on Tuesday 256.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquirsw View Post
I am sure that yesterday won't have messed it up too much. I am not sure that I would manage fasting and have lots of respect for people that can.

I am enjoying being back on track. I wish I could bottle this motivation and will power so I could use it when it gets more difficult later on. I went out for lunch with a friend today and was determined that it would not be an excuse to cheat so I had a home made burger (totally gorgeous) topped with cheddar and bacon, with a green salad and mayonnaise. was totally stuffed (even though I didn't finish the salad) and happy at the end of it, but more there was a contentment at knowing it was good for me. My friend is the complete opposite of me and a carbaholic so on her plate at the end was the meat she had eaten the chips and bun - whereas I had asked them to leave them off completely. She is a UK size 8 and doesn't really watch her eating at all - can definitely get depressed at how unfair it is.
I love that you called your burger gorgeous. I need start appreciating the foods I'm allowed to eat on atkins and thinking of my steaks as "gorgeous". Then maybe I won't feel deprived by the things I can't eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Sorry, I couldnt find you all!!!!! I am in for this challenge. 149.0
Yay! Glad you found us Olda!

Quote:
Hey, day 1 back on the wagon... Went very well... Now for day two.

I think I got depressed and stressed out because I added sugar/carbs back into my diet. I hope my emotions will even out soon.
Good job on getting the first day under your belt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Hi everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
oh, so my correction day got me back down

so off to P3

FF - I started freaking out before Christmas so started a quick round since I couldn't get into ANY clothes...at all
then I figured I'd jump in with you in the new year...little did I know, I would have trouble making the plunge but I am ready to, seriously. I figured going from hhcg to hcg wouldn't really matter but right now since you are starting later, I can too and give my body a little rest. I am definitely enjoying food again
Awesome! I knew you'd get right back down.
I'm actually starting my hcg round next week. I "load" Monday and Tuesday. And I put load in quotations because I think I'm just going to load on low carb foods like rotel and steak. I don't want to gain 10 pounds loading and then have to lose them all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Morning,

Exercise done!

Hows everyone doing?
Amity, you are KICKING BUTT at the gym! I'm so proud of you. And envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
I forgot to check in yesterday, sorry!!! Now there are wayyyyyy to many things for me to comment on.... I'll try my best. Today is the first day of my cleanse. My first 32 oz is 1 honey dew melon and 8 apples. My second is 1.5 pinapple, 1 cup grapes, 2.5 cucumbers, 1 celery STALK, and 6 kale leaves. I'm drinking water with fresh lemon and lime cut up all day. I'm trying to track my ounces but it's kind of hard when I put ice in my water jug.

Belle, I'm so excited for you that it's almost as if I'm doing the juice fast myself! lol Your juices actually sound really yummy! Good luck and keep us updated on your results!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

I love having so much to read when I log on!

I'm down another pound today. I have to say though, I've dropped a good amount of weight since New Year's Day, but I don't feel thinner at all. *sigh*
At least I have a pretty good chance of being back to the 180's before I start my hcg round.

I'm not sure what I'm eating today. I need to go grocery shopping. I will have my 100 oz of water though. And probably no exercise. lol
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacquirsw
Stats: 236/209.0/160
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Aug 31st
Another good food day

my menu
Atkins shake
omelette with ham cheese and mushroom with mayo
home made cheese filled pork burger (this was amazingly tasty) green salad mayo
jacquirsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

alrighty...was gone all day....so, apparently is everyone else....HELLO!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bazmom
I'm here - just not a lot to say because I'm not on track yet by any stretch of the imagination. Have to plan some meals and make a shopping list this weekend. Hoping to make some type of long term plans or at least organize my menu/recipe binder so that it's easier to make plans and shopping lists in the future.

Went back to school shopping finally, and I thought of Riot as I was browsing around in Office Max. It was very relaxing. Whoops, sorry, my nerd was showing again. lol Seriously though, I was super excited to pick out binders, highlighters, page protectors, etc. I felt like it was Christmas or something!

My Goal.....To actually get below 151 for the first time in over 13 years!
Bazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Worked 13 hour shift...did okay. It's tough being in induction and putting in those hours...so at end of shift I ate a small coney, bun and all. Oh well. Told you this happens when I know I'm down in weight. Weighed this AM and down 4 lbs since Tuesday. Whoo Hoo!! Hope to loss another 2 to 4 lbs by next Tuesday.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Morning all, doing pretty well here. I have two shakes during the day and a "sensible meal" which isnt always completely sensible but close. We are still at least 3 weeks away from having our cabinets delivered, so cooking is still not an option. I did make a chicken chili in the crockpot. The beans are really the only thing that isnt low carb but it was yummy and filling.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I just noticed I posted a wrong starting weight it was 253.5 not 256.5 - sorry. Hope everyone has a wonderful, great sucessful weekend.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: solitaire
We signed up for the Y today and most of the stupid holiday leftovers are gone so hopefully this week goes better.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all...
Day 3 and doing fine. DH is making a mess in the kitchen... I am starving and waiting for him to finish so that I can make something to eat.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bazmom
Still struggling along here with anxiety and depression. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it's the sugar overload and general overeating that leads to this. I struggle with this every year around this time. At any rate, I know I felt better in the fall when I was eating low carb.

Tomorrow I hope to plan out my meals and get some groceries. I'm ready to feel better and start losing weight again!

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Last edited by Bazmom; 01-05-2013 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Typo
Bazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

A small loss on the scale for me today I started a marathon clear out yesterday, my hubby and dd are going to be moving as soon as we can sell our house to live with my mum, so we need to get all of the stuff for both houses to fit into 1, I decided that rather than wait till we have to rush that I would start to do the clear out now and the result is 3 big bags and 2 big boxes just from one room. It took me 3 hours just to shred the documents that have been building up that we don't need - note to self to do that more often.

my menu for today
Akins shake
Tuna mayo cucumber salad
Roast chicken cabbage cauliflower and gravy

Aug - Dec 13 > 18lb
Jan - Mar 14 > 9lb
total loss since Sep > 27lb
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Morning,

Exercise done!

Hows everyone doing?
good job amity
Quote:
Another good food day

my menu
Atkins shake
omelette with ham cheese and mushroom with mayo
home made cheese filled pork burger (this was amazingly tasty) green salad mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazmom View Post
I'm here - just not a lot to say because I'm not on track yet by any stretch of the imagination. Have to plan some meals and make a shopping list this weekend. Hoping to make some type of long term plans or at least organize my menu/recipe binder so that it's easier to make plans and shopping lists in the future.

Went back to school shopping finally, and I thought of Riot as I was browsing around in Office Max. It was very relaxing. Whoops, sorry, my nerd was showing again. lol Seriously though, I was super excited to pick out binders, highlighters, page protectors, etc. I felt like it was Christmas or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Worked 13 hour shift...did okay. It's tough being in induction and putting in those hours...so at end of shift I ate a small coney, bun and all. Oh well. Told you this happens when I know I'm down in weight. Weighed this AM and down 4 lbs since Tuesday. Whoo Hoo!! Hope to loss another 2 to 4 lbs by next Tuesday.
I do the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Morning all, doing pretty well here. I have two shakes during the day and a "sensible meal" which isnt always completely sensible but close. We are still at least 3 weeks away from having our cabinets delivered, so cooking is still not an option. I did make a chicken chili in the crockpot. The beans are really the only thing that isnt low carb but it was yummy and filling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
We signed up for the Y today and most of the stupid holiday leftovers are gone so hopefully this week goes better.
I signed me and DH up for the Rec...hopefully that will kick us in the butt
Quote:
Hey all...
Day 3 and doing fine. DH is making a mess in the kitchen... I am starving and waiting for him to finish so that I can make something to eat.
good luck low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazmom View Post
Still struggling along here with anxiety and depression. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it's the sugar overload and general overeating that leads to this. I struggle with this every year around this time. At any rate, I know I felt better in the fall when I was eating low carb.

Tomorrow I hope to plan out my meals and get some groceries. I'm ready to feel better and start losing weight again!

Hope all is well with everyone else!
one thing that helped me is celery and pepperoni...the zestiness helped with sweet cravings...and the there is SF jello...I used to do a quick set then whip in whipped cream...it was like a yummy cream pie
Quote:
A small loss on the scale for me today I started a marathon clear out yesterday, my hubby and dd are going to be moving as soon as we can sell our house to live with my mum, so we need to get all of the stuff for both houses to fit into 1, I decided that rather than wait till we have to rush that I would start to do the clear out now and the result is 3 big bags and 2 big boxes just from one room. It took me 3 hours just to shred the documents that have been building up that we don't need - note to self to do that more often.

my menu for today
Akins shake
Tuna mayo cucumber salad
Roast chicken cabbage cauliflower and gravy
looking good Jac! You are rocking it!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

so yesterday I did my fast...from Fri night til last night ugh

Yesterday was DH's birthday so I usually make him sea food and did not break from tradition. Made shrimp scampi, popcorn shrimp for the kiddo, crab legs and steak, steamed veggies, etc...it was a major feast. I bought him (birthday) pie I would never eat...loaded with nuts and made myself SF pudding

I didn't have a fabulous loss, but it went in the right direction anyway

For his birthday, he got rid of his cold...and gave it to oldest DD and me!! ugh

So today's menu for me is pretty much chicken soup I made this morning and SF jello.
I made a green chilie omelet for breakfast this morning so I am sure that will stick with me for the long haul.
and I'm about to switch to green tea since my coffee tastes like butt

Last edited by beachagain; 01-06-2013 at 07:30 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
unstoppable binge. Its such an awful feeling to know its happening and not capable of doing anything about it. Ugh.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

You know how some people say that they are not doing LC to lose weight... but just to be healthier? I never felt that way... I have always wanted to lose weight.
However, today I feel that way... I like eating LC and I feel so much better than a few days ago. I will likely lose weight ... but it isn't my main focus ( at least not today)

This is day 5, I think.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Don't worry Wendy - you will get back on track I know how hard it is to get back after a binge.

I hope everyone has a great week.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: RiotGirl08
There's SOOOO much I want to comment on but I just don't have the time. Welcome to the new gals! We're glad to have you. Check in often, it helps!!!

to everyone struggling. Don't give up! We can do this. 2013 is our year. Just you wait, I'll come up with a catchy slogan yet! Lol.

for everyone kicking butt on their WOE. Keep it up, girls!

Sorry this is a fly by. I'm doing good OP, just super busy. I've got a MAJOR project in the works that I am hoping to bring to fruition within the next 3 months. Prayers welcome and totally appreciated, as it could completly change my family's life... but for the better!!! Anyway it's consuming every spare moment I have. Which are few and far between with a full time job, 4 kids, a completely non-domestic husband and a house to attend to!

I'll try to check in tomorrow, and will definitely be in Tuesday for weigh in!
RiotGirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Sorry I was absent all weekend. We went on a short roadtrip for the weekend so I was away from my computer and posting from my phone is a pain the booty.

Now, confession time. Saturday morning I weighed 192.8 and I was super happy. We drove all day and I stuck to water and coffee only in the car. Didn't eat all day and then went to dinner. I ordered swordfish and grilled veggies for dinner so that was totally on plan, BUT I also had some bruschetta for appetizer and I had creme brulee for dessert. Very NOT on plan.

Then yesterday I just completely went off plan and ate crap all day long. I just stepped on the scale and it said 197.4. I'm not even sure if it's possible to gain that much in like, a day, but that's what my scale said. I thought about fasting today to get it back down before starting my hcg round, but then I thought screw it. It is what it is. It will come back down with hcg anyways so I may as well get started.

So today I'm loading. I'm not looking forward to what the scale is going to say on Wednesday when I start my VLCD...but it is what it is.

I won't list my menu for the next two days so that I don't torture all of you that are on plan. lol

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 01-07-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGirl08 View Post
There's SOOOO much I want to comment on but I just don't have the time. Welcome to the new gals! We're glad to have you. Check in often, it helps!!!

to everyone struggling. Don't give up! We can do this. 2013 is our year. Just you wait, I'll come up with a catchy slogan yet! Lol.

for everyone kicking butt on their WOE. Keep it up, girls!

Sorry this is a fly by. I'm doing good OP, just super busy. I've got a MAJOR project in the works that I am hoping to bring to fruition within the next 3 months. Prayers welcome and totally appreciated, as it could completly change my family's life... but for the better!!! Anyway it's consuming every spare moment I have. Which are few and far between with a full time job, 4 kids, a completely non-domestic husband and a house to attend to!

I'll try to check in tomorrow, and will definitely be in Tuesday for weigh in!
good luck with your project riot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Morning All!

Sorry I was absent all weekend. We went on a short roadtrip for the weekend so I was away from my computer and posting from my phone is a pain the booty.

Now, confession time. Saturday morning I weighed 192.8 and I was super happy. We drove all day and I stuck to water and coffee only in the car. Didn't eat all day and then went to dinner. I ordered swordfish and grilled veggies for dinner so that was totally on plan, BUT I also had some bruschetta for appetizer and I had creme brulee for dessert. Very NOT on plan.

Then yesterday I just completely went off plan and ate crap all day long. I just stepped on the scale and it said 197.4. I'm not even sure if it's possible to gain that much in like, a day, but that's what my scale said. I thought about fasting today to get it back down before starting my hcg round, but then I thought screw it. It is what it is. It will come back down with hcg anyways so I may as well get started.

So today I'm loading. I'm not looking forward to what the scale is going to say on Wednesday when I start my VLCD...but it is what it is.

I won't list my menu for the next two days so that I don't torture all of you that are on plan. lol
...I find I can gain a ton loading and have no self control when it comes to what I eat...LC...I try and then go straight for the doughnut or pizza
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Well it is the first weigh in tomorrow, I am sure that we are going to see some good numbers on the scales. there is so much motivation here it is contagious which is great.

I can't remember the last time I went a full 7 days completely on track despite having loads of things going on emotionally and being taken out for lunch as well, it feels SO good so whatever the scale says I am happy with how the week has been.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
good luck with your project riot

...I find I can gain a ton loading and have no self control when it comes to what I eat...LC...I try and then go straight for the doughnut or pizza
Yeah, I have good intentions but then I talk myself into eating what I want because I know I'll be tortured for 28 days of super low calories and I'll wish I would have eaten when I had the chance. lol
I've been pretty good today so far. I had brie cheese with crackers this morning, then I had a ham and cheese omelette. Then I had an apple and 2 oranges and a granola bar. I think I'm going to go for it and have pizza tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going for my favorite noodle soup for lunch, and then probably just have a steak and veggies for dinner. So tomorrow will be better than today. I was very unprepared today so I kinda just snacked all day on whatever we had in the house which is never good. Tomorrow I'll hit the grocery store in the moring so I'll have good LC foods to eat, plus I want to portion out my meats for the entire 4 weeks of p2. I do so much better when I'm prepared.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jacqui - You really do have a lot going on. I am SO proud of you for sticking with it these past 7 days. It has been a help for me to know you are in this challenge too!! Let's do this, Girlfriend!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote